You will be held hostage by a radical group.

arts / rec.arts.tv / NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!

SubjectAuthor
* NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!RichA
`* Re: NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation forRhino
 `- Re: NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!RichA

1
NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!

<23ee88e1-87b8-42f9-855f-00bbae99dc10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206802&group=rec.arts.tv#206802

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 06:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 13:20 UTC

After boasting so much about being a sanctuary, it's amazing New York had NO accommodation for such migrants. I'm appalled! 100,000 people a month are pouring over the U.S. border. Did New York brag about being a sanctuary without EVER having believed it would have to BACK UP it's left-liberal boast??

Re: NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!

<20231024165635.00005856@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206825&group=rec.arts.tv#206825

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for
migrants!!
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 16:56:35 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 20:56 UTC

On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 06:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> After boasting so much about being a sanctuary, it's amazing New York
> had NO accommodation for such migrants. I'm appalled! 100,000
> people a month are pouring over the U.S. border. Did New York brag
> about being a sanctuary without EVER having believed it would have to
> BACK UP it's left-liberal boast??

NYC is a sanctuary city IN PRINCIPLE: they loved
virtue-signalling about how supportive they were of the idea that every
newcomer is welcome, regardless of circumstances. But they didn't
actually WANT newcomers of the non-English speaking,
in-need-of-housing-and-healthcare kind! That costs MONEY and the
government of NYC needs all the money it already has to deal with
existing residents. They don't want to deprive existing residents (who
are able to vote) of services just to serve newcomers who probably
don't vote.

But they're still entirely supportive of the IDEA of sanctuary cities,
as long as they don't have to "walk the walk" and actually provide for
all these newcomers themselves.

--
Rhino

Re: NY, a "sanctuary city," inexplicably had NO accommodation for migrants!!

<c5c95a6d-94d0-4e32-b0c6-483c59b43d24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206838&group=rec.arts.tv#206838

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:42:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 22:42 UTC

On Tuesday, 24 October 2023 at 16:56:45 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 06:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After boasting so much about being a sanctuary, it's amazing New York
> > had NO accommodation for such migrants. I'm appalled! 100,000
> > people a month are pouring over the U.S. border. Did New York brag
> > about being a sanctuary without EVER having believed it would have to
> > BACK UP it's left-liberal boast??
> NYC is a sanctuary city IN PRINCIPLE: they loved
> virtue-signalling about how supportive they were of the idea that every
> newcomer is welcome, regardless of circumstances. But they didn't
> actually WANT newcomers of the non-English speaking,
> in-need-of-housing-and-healthcare kind! That costs MONEY and the
> government of NYC needs all the money it already has to deal with
> existing residents. They don't want to deprive existing residents (who
> are able to vote) of services just to serve newcomers who probably
> don't vote.
>
> But they're still entirely supportive of the IDEA of sanctuary cities,
> as long as they don't have to "walk the walk" and actually provide for
> all these newcomers themselves.
>
> --
> Rhino

"Not in my backyard."
or;
"I'm alright, Jack."

The mayor of New York, whom I almost feel sorry for, even went to the length of going to see
the people south of the U.S. border to tell them, "We're full." Once the Mexicans or
whomever, under pain of....nothing, stopped laughing, they wished him well. What is
he going to do? As long as Biden stands by while the floodgates remain open, there is
nothing the mayor of New York CAN do. Again, Biden is such an empty shirt, I am positive he
got his "open city" marching orders from the business class who want the labour spigots to be kept open.