I came to MIT to get an education for myself and a diploma for my mother.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
  |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
  |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)BTR1701
  | +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
  | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<UBI20231024@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206887&group=rec.arts.tv#206887

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 4:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

IS DISNEY *REMAKING* STAR WARS? MY HOLLYWOOD SPIES HAVE INFO ABOUT THIS
"LEAK" | IT'S TIME TO GET *MAD*!:
Disney is the most creatively bankrupt studio in Hollywood, more a recycling
factory than a studio at this point, so it made sense fans would be alarmed
about this possibility when Matthew Vaughn shared his thoughts about remaking
Star Wars with new actors as Han, Luke and Leia...but was this mere
speculation? Or something deliberate and sinister? My Hollywood spies are on
this story, and are ready to reveal what's really going on here! #disney
#starwars #lucasfilm
https://youtu.be/76_rZe727ZM?si=XVmR6qWbNADO_YVf

AMY SCHUMER JOKE STEALING COMPILATION - ALL EXAMPLES:
Amy Schumer Joke Stealing Compilation: All Examples ( as of April 2017)
https://youtu.be/4eDxjxVl8S0?si=i7Yu5OYuzxSCfh_R

WELCOME TO PLATHVILLE:
"To Thine Own Self Be True". Kim and Micah discuss the divorce, and he is
surprised to learn she's ready to start dating. Olivia and her siblings bond
in a bold, new way. Barry and the boys have a fun night out but miss Ethan.
Moriah continues her healing journey by getting baptized.

Once again, I found my attention wandering and when I was interrupted by a
phone call from Dad, I almost didn't rewind to catch what I missed. I did,
however, fast forward through the musical performance.

I am beyond tired of Kim's bullshit about looking for her own happiness and
complaining about how her "community" is being judgmental about her. How
considerate of you to not get divorced and date other men before your
children were grown up, Kim. [eye roll]
Have I mentioned that Michah's Gavin Grewsome haircut accentuates his
eyebrow-acting?
I'm glad that Olivia got to tell her side of Moriah's story. It makes more
sense than Moriah's.
Nathan was pinging my gaydar hard in this ep.
That pond Moriah got baptized in was nasty. Why didn't they use the clean one
in the establishing shot? Did I see Kim's not-yet-announced new boyfriend
there? I couldn't decide on who I wanted to smack more, Lydia (for her extra
enthusiasm) or Moriah (for her choice of clothing).

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<uhb2vg$opd3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206901&group=rec.arts.tv#206901

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 05:50:56 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 12:50 UTC

On 10/25/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Just:

soaps: DOOL - The guy who played Clyde Weston's "lieutenant/enforcer"
looks real familiar to me - I'm pretty sure this guy has been in a
bazillion things... Anyway, Clyde's "enforcer" shows up to threaten Ava
and coerce her into working the drug-running front, and is not willing
to entertain alternate proposals. Harris' first cop job with Jada is to
track down escapees Dmitri and Leo, who are currently dressed up as
Halloween ghosts to stay under the police's radar. Rafe hires Wendy to
be Salem PD's "IT girl".
GH - Martin Grey warns Michael that there will be consequences if he
blows the lid off Nina's "secret" - Michael plows on anyway, intending
to tell Sonny the "truth" about Nina, but can't bring himself to pull
the trigger when he sees how happy Sonny is being married to Nina.
Instead, Michael plans to meet with Nina directly. After Austin
confronts Cyrus about "ordering Ava to be killed", Cyrus gets Mason to
confess the truth in front of Austin and threatens to kill Mason if he
ever disobeys orders again. Lucy makes a scene to sign over control of
Deception to Tracy (who isn't present). Laura confronts Scotty Baldwin
about representing Cyrus.

I then saw the end of Game 7 of the NLCS to witness the Arizona
Diamondbacks make it into the World Series. Rangers vs Diamondbacks is a
weird series...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<uhb9f0$qhh9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206902&group=rec.arts.tv#206902

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 07:41:36 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 14:41 UTC

On 10/25/2023 5:50 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 10/25/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Just:
>
> soaps: DOOL - The guy who played Clyde Weston's "lieutenant/enforcer"
> looks real familiar to me - I'm pretty sure this guy has been in a
> bazillion things... Anyway, Clyde's "enforcer" shows up to threaten Ava
> and coerce her into working the drug-running front, and is not willing
> to entertain alternate proposals. Harris' first cop job with Jada is to
> track down escapees Dmitri and Leo, who are currently dressed up as
> Halloween ghosts to stay under the police's radar. Rafe hires Wendy to
> be Salem PD's "IT girl".
>    GH - Martin Grey warns Michael that there will be consequences if he
> blows the lid off Nina's "secret" - Michael plows on anyway, intending
> to tell Sonny the "truth" about Nina, but can't bring himself to pull
> the trigger when he sees how happy Sonny is being married to Nina.
> Instead, Michael plans to meet with Nina directly. After Austin
> confronts Cyrus about "ordering Ava to be killed", Cyrus gets Mason to
> confess the truth in front of Austin and threatens to kill Mason if he
> ever disobeys orders again. Lucy makes a scene to sign over control of
> Deception to Tracy (who isn't present). Laura confronts Scotty Baldwin
> about representing Cyrus.
>
> I then saw the end of Game 7 of the NLCS to witness the Arizona
> Diamondbacks make it into the World Series. Rangers vs Diamondbacks is a
> weird series...

I actually posted yesterday, but as far as I can tell the internet ate
my post. I don't even see it in my out folder. :-/ Sorry if this is a
duplicate. I didn't watch anything worth mentioning on Tuesday. But
once again, on Monday I watched:

The Last American Virgin (blu-ray) 1982 teen comedy group of high school
kids set to popular music. It's basically an early version of
"American Pie." I watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" the night
before and there are some obvious similarities between the two movies
which came out the same year with both focusing heavily on the pop
soundtrack. Although The Last American Virgin is a remake so if
anything, FTARH ripped them off. And TLAV made better use of the music
with the songs often tying directly into whatever was on screen. And
both movies feature a teenage girl who gets an abortion, but the guy who
got her pregnant turns into a jerk and abandons her. However, TLAV
basically turns into a drama at the end once the abortion story kicks in.

Dazed and Confused (4K disc) 1993 teen comedy about a group of high
school kids set to popular music. I was surprised by all the
recognizable names in the movie. It was mostly background noise.

Killers of the Flower Moon (theatrical) New crime drama based on
historical events directed by Martin Scorsese. Set in the 1920s the
movie tells the story of a Native American tribe that had a reservation
sitting on top of an oil field. The members of the tribe became
extremely wealthy as a result. Robert De Niro stars as a local crime
boss who plots the murder of various tribe members so "the money will
flow the right way." De Niro recruits his nephew played by Leonardo
DiCaprio to help with the scheme by marrying a rich Native American
woman, so as all her relatives start to die off "the money will flow the
right way." Obviously both DiCaprio and De Niro have been the go-to
stars for Scorsese for decades now. And the two actors have starred in
movies together, but I think this is the first time the two starred in a
movie together directed by Scorsese.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<uhbdka$rjje$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206909&group=rec.arts.tv#206909

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 08:52:42 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 15:52 UTC

On 10/25/23 7:41 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> On 10/25/2023 5:50 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 10/25/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Just:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL
>>     GH
>>
>> I then saw the end of Game 7 of the NLCS to witness the Arizona
>> Diamondbacks make it into the World Series. Rangers vs Diamondbacks is
>> a weird series...
>
> I actually posted yesterday, but as far as I can tell the internet ate
> my post.  I don't even see it in my out folder.  :-/  Sorry if this is a
> duplicate.  I didn't watch anything worth mentioning on Tuesday.

Well, I forgot to mention that the Siffy Channel was running "Texas
Chainsaw [3D!!]" last night, and I caught the end of it.

Is "Texas Chainsaw [3D!!]" "peak" Alexandra Daddario? - I'm going to
vote "Yes" - even made up to be all bloodied, etc. she probably has
never looked better than she does here...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<2083685356.719947832.655470.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206921&group=rec.arts.tv#206921

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:33:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:33 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 10/25/23 7:41 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>>> Just:
>>>
>>> soaps: DOOL
>>>     GH
>>>
>>> I then saw the end of Game 7 of the NLCS to witness the Arizona
>>> Diamondbacks make it into the World Series. Rangers vs Diamondbacks is
>>> a weird series...
>>
>> I actually posted yesterday, but as far as I can tell the internet ate
>> my post.  I don't even see it in my out folder.  :-/  Sorry if this is a
>> duplicate.  I didn't watch anything worth mentioning on Tuesday.
>
> Well, I forgot to mention that the Siffy Channel was running "Texas
> Chainsaw [3D!!]" last night, and I caught the end of it.
>
> Is "Texas Chainsaw [3D!!]" "peak" Alexandra Daddario? - I'm going to
> vote "Yes" - even made up to be all bloodied, etc. she probably has
> never looked better than she does here...

That physics defying open shirt of hers sort of makes it look like her
boobs are fake which I’m sure as I can be they aren’t. I think she looks
best in Percy Jackson and I’ll bet you real money and fake ice cream that
BTR will go for True Detective.

If I had two working eyes, I’d check this out in 3-D!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<atropos-EB2E88.11401725102023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206925&group=rec.arts.tv#206925

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 11:40:17 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:40 UTC

In article <uhbdka$rjje$1@dont-email.me>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 10/25/23 7:41 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> >> Just:
> >>
> >> soaps: DOOL
> >>     GH
> >>
> >> I then saw the end of Game 7 of the NLCS to witness the Arizona
> >> Diamondbacks make it into the World Series. Rangers vs Diamondbacks is
> >> a weird series...
> >
> > I actually posted yesterday, but as far as I can tell the internet ate
> > my post.  I don't even see it in my out folder.  :-/  Sorry if this is a
> > duplicate.  I didn't watch anything worth mentioning on Tuesday.
>
> Well, I forgot to mention that the Siffy Channel was running "Texas
> Chainsaw [3D!!]" last night, and I caught the end of it.
>
> Is "Texas Chainsaw [3D!!]" "peak" Alexandra Daddario? - I'm going to
> vote "Yes" - even made up to be all bloodied, etc. she probably has
> never looked better than she does here...

No, she looked her very best topless in TRUE DETECTIVE!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<1660976620.719971185.711870.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206956&group=rec.arts.tv#206956

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:40:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 00:40 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <uhbdka$rjje$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I actually posted yesterday, but as far as I can tell the internet ate
>>> my post.  I don't even see it in my out folder.  :-/  Sorry if this is a
>>> duplicate.  I didn't watch anything worth mentioning on Tuesday.
>>
>> Well, I forgot to mention that the Siffy Channel was running "Texas
>> Chainsaw [3D!!]" last night, and I caught the end of it.
>>
>> Is "Texas Chainsaw [3D!!]" "peak" Alexandra Daddario? - I'm going to
>> vote "Yes" - even made up to be all bloodied, etc. she probably has
>> never looked better than she does here...
>
> No, she looked her very best topless in TRUE DETECTIVE!

ICE CREAM!!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<uhhsm6$2mogb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=207221&group=rec.arts.tv#207221

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:46:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:46 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>. . .

>Killers of the Flower Moon (theatrical) New crime drama based on
>historical events directed by Martin Scorsese. Set in the 1920s the
>movie tells the story of a Native American tribe that had a reservation
>sitting on top of an oil field. The members of the tribe became
>extremely wealthy as a result. Robert De Niro stars as a local crime
>boss who plots the murder of various tribe members so "the money will
>flow the right way." De Niro recruits his nephew played by Leonardo
>DiCaprio to help with the scheme by marrying a rich Native American
>woman, so as all her relatives start to die off "the money will flow the
>right way." Obviously both DiCaprio and De Niro have been the go-to
>stars for Scorsese for decades now. And the two actors have starred in
>movies together, but I think this is the first time the two starred in a
>movie together directed by Scorsese.

The Audition (2015), a short about actors competing to star in a movie
to be directed by Scorsese

I don't think I ever saw it.

It was actually a massively expensive advertisement for casinos.
Probably skippable.

There were two movies: This Boy's Life (1993), directed by Michael
Caton-Jones, and of course Marvin's Room (1996), directed by Jeffrey
Zaks, in which Diane Keaton and not Meryl Streep was nominated for an
Oscar. De Nero had a supporting role.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<uhhss6$2mogb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=207223&group=rec.arts.tv#207223

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:49:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:49 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <uhbdka$rjje$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>> > I actually posted yesterday, but as far as I can tell the internet ate
>> > my post.  I don't even see it in my out folder.  :-/  Sorry if this is a
>> > duplicate.  I didn't watch anything worth mentioning on Tuesday.
>>
>> Well, I forgot to mention that the Siffy Channel was running "Texas
>> Chainsaw [3D!!]" last night, and I caught the end of it.
>>
>> Is "Texas Chainsaw [3D!!]" "peak" Alexandra Daddario? - I'm going to
>> vote "Yes" - even made up to be all bloodied, etc. she probably has
>> never looked better than she does here...
>
>No, she looked her very best topless in TRUE DETECTIVE!

Ah, Woody

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-24 (Tuesday)

<uhi301$2nkls$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=207233&group=rec.arts.tv#207233

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 21:34:09 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 04:34 UTC

On 10/27/2023 7:46 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> . . .
>
>> Killers of the Flower Moon (theatrical) New crime drama based on
>> historical events directed by Martin Scorsese. Set in the 1920s the
>> movie tells the story of a Native American tribe that had a reservation
>> sitting on top of an oil field. The members of the tribe became
>> extremely wealthy as a result. Robert De Niro stars as a local crime
>> boss who plots the murder of various tribe members so "the money will
>> flow the right way." De Niro recruits his nephew played by Leonardo
>> DiCaprio to help with the scheme by marrying a rich Native American
>> woman, so as all her relatives start to die off "the money will flow the
>> right way." Obviously both DiCaprio and De Niro have been the go-to
>> stars for Scorsese for decades now. And the two actors have starred in
>> movies together, but I think this is the first time the two starred in a
>> movie together directed by Scorsese.
>
> The Audition (2015), a short about actors competing to star in a movie
> to be directed by Scorsese
>
> I don't think I ever saw it.

I didn't know it was a short, but I recall the commercial airing on TV.
I'm pretty sure Scorsese himself was in it too.

> It was actually a massively expensive advertisement for casinos.
> Probably skippable.

I remember the commercial at least being amusing. I think it was
DiCaprio and De Niro competing with each other over who was going to star.

> There were two movies: This Boy's Life (1993), directed by Michael
> Caton-Jones, and of course Marvin's Room (1996), directed by Jeffrey
> Zaks, in which Diane Keaton and not Meryl Streep was nominated for an
> Oscar. De Nero had a supporting role.

I saw This Boy's Life when it first came out. I don't think I saw any
of their other collaborations together, except for the commercial when
it would air on TV.