I'll turn over a new leaf. -- Miguel de Cervantes

arts / rec.arts.tv / News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

SubjectAuthor
* News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against JonathanIan J. Ball
+- Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majorsshawn
+* Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Caseanim8rfsk
|`- Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case AgainstIan J. Ball
`* Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against JonathanAdam H. Kerman
 `* Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against JonathanAdam H. Kerman
  `- Jonathan Majors sentenced; no prison time (was: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies MoAdam H. Kerman

1
News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

<uhbeb9$rube$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206911&group=rec.arts.tv#206911

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan
Majors, Paving Way For Trial
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 09:04:57 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:04 UTC

As per THR:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/

I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.

Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

<p3giji9oalrjkqn93ah7bjs08cadtgv9n5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206914&group=rec.arts.tv#206914

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 12:23:20 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:23 UTC

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 09:04:57 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>As per THR:
>
>https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/
>

>I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
>months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
>proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
>Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
>earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.

As I understand this is the same case. Some claim the DA is bringing
in external cases of claimed abuse in an effort to grand stand, but
that's just a claim from people on the Internet. We will have to wait
and see if there's real evidence of abuse by Majors which will likely
take some time. Clearly the DA thinks there's enough there to proceed
so time will tell.

Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

<1097136610.719946112.036200.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206917&group=rec.arts.tv#206917

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case
Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:27:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:27 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> As per THR:
>
> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/
>

> I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
> months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
> proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
> Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
> earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.

From everything I’ve read (I was trying to figure out if he was going to be
on Loki) it’s one case, and his girlfriend is trying to recant (although
it’s possible all her claims of recanting come from his lawyer). The
current story is that she grabbed his phone so he beat the shit out of her
but she’s now saying that it’s all her fault because she never should have
grabbed his phone in the first place and his lawyer is trying to get him
out on the “you’re allowed to beat the shit out of your girlfriend if she
grabs your phone” defense.

Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

<uhbkt3$tlae$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206922&group=rec.arts.tv#206922

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against
Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:56:51 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:56 UTC

On 10/25/23 10:27 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> As per THR:
>>
>> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/
>>

>> I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
>> months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
>> proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
>> Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
>> earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.
>
> From everything I’ve read (I was trying to figure out if he was going to be
> on Loki) it’s one case, and his girlfriend is trying to recant (although
> it’s possible all her claims of recanting come from his lawyer). The
> current story is that she grabbed his phone so he beat the shit out of her
> but she’s now saying that it’s all her fault because she never should have
> grabbed his phone in the first place and his lawyer is trying to get him
> out on the “you’re allowed to beat the shit out of your girlfriend if she
> grabs your phone” defense.

Yeah - sounds like the kind of "defense" only an ambulance-chasing
lawyer would make!

Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

<ul3hem$2ipur$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211169&group=rec.arts.tv#211169

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Majors, Paving Way For Trial
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 05:13:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 05:13 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>As per THR:

>https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/

>I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
>months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
>proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
>Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
>earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.

This article says there was a head injury to his girlfriend due to an
earlier incident in September 2022, in which he begged her not to go to
the hospital. This took place in London.

https://apnews.com/article/jonathan-majors-assault-trial-new-york-backseat-87fb75a5ca50c7d7de4ce99cff3abe15

Note that she still wanted to be with him. Clearly there was something
wrong with her head BEFORE he smacked her around.

Maybe this is the earlier incident? He's not charged with this but it's
background.

Re: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial

<ulqfgj$3mkjb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211904&group=rec.arts.tv#211904

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Majors, Paving Way For Trial
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 22:01:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 22:01 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>As per THR:

>>https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/

>>I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
>>months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
>>proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
>>Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
>>earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.

>This article says there was a head injury to his girlfriend due to an
>earlier incident in September 2022, in which he begged her not to go to
>the hospital. This took place in London.

>https://apnews.com/article/jonathan-majors-assault-trial-new-york-backseat-87fb75a5ca50c7d7de4ce99cff3abe15

>Note that she still wanted to be with him. Clearly there was something
>wrong with her head BEFORE he smacked her around.

>Maybe this is the earlier incident? He's not charged with this but it's
>background.

Actor Jonathan Majors found guilty of assaulting his former girlfriend
in car in New York
By JENNIFER PELTZ and JAKE OFFENHARTZ
AP
Updated 3:24 PM CST, December 18, 2023
https://apnews.com/article/jonathan-majors-assault-verdict-trial-exgirlfriend-marvel-d953967aed0f4a1e93e7ee638120757f

What the fuck is it with women? He had no trouble getting another
girlfriend, Meagan Good.

"Stay away from him! He bashed in his last girlfriend's brains! She
hasn't recovered yet!"

"So that means he's single?"

This is so unfair! He was merely convicted of one instance of domestic
violence! He's had his career taken away from him!

Jonathan Majors Fired By Disney/Marvel Studios After Assault Guilty
Verdicts; Actor Had Played Kang The Conqueror
By Anthony D'Alessandro
Deadline
December 18, 2023 1:34pm
https://deadline.com/2023/12/jonathan-majors-marvel-fired-guilty-verdict-1235671790/

Oopsie! Disney just bought distribution rights to Magazine Dreams. They
wanted to release it December 8 so the movie would be eligible for Oscar
consideration. Everybody's going to take a loss on this movie.

He played a disturbed amateur bodybuilder. If he's in prison, I'm not
sure how his criminal reputation would prevent this movie from finding
an audience.

I'll bet a very long list of women will write to him whilst he's in
prison, hoping to be his next girlfriend, after of course he beats
Meagan Good to death.

Jonathan Majors sentenced; no prison time (was: News (semi-TAN): Judge Denies Motion to Dismiss Case Against Jonathan Majors, Paving Way For Trial)

<uv19eo$3knoa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221592&group=rec.arts.tv#221592

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 17:27:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 17:27 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>As per THR:

>>>https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-assault-case-trial-judge-denies-motion-dismiss-1235626907/

>>>I admit to being a little confused here - something happened a couple of
>>>months ago with Majors, which prompted the usual suspects on Reddit to
>>>proclaim he was innocent and this was all the result of a "witch hunt".
>>>Was another set of charges (maybe in Calif.?) dismissed against Majors
>>>earlier? This article makes no mention of anything outside of this NY case.

>>This article says there was a head injury to his girlfriend due to an
>>earlier incident in September 2022, in which he begged her not to go to
>>the hospital. This took place in London.

>>https://apnews.com/article/jonathan-majors-assault-trial-new-york-backseat-87fb75a5ca50c7d7de4ce99cff3abe15

>>Note that she still wanted to be with him. Clearly there was something
>>wrong with her head BEFORE he smacked her around.

>>Maybe this is the earlier incident? He's not charged with this but it's
>>background.

>Actor Jonathan Majors found guilty of assaulting his former girlfriend
>in car in New York
>By JENNIFER PELTZ and JAKE OFFENHARTZ
>AP
>Updated 3:24 PM CST, December 18, 2023
>https://apnews.com/article/jonathan-majors-assault-verdict-trial-exgirlfriend-marvel-d953967aed0f4a1e93e7ee638120757f

>What the fuck is it with women? He had no trouble getting another
>girlfriend, Meagan Good.

>"Stay away from him! He bashed in his last girlfriend's brains! She
>hasn't recovered yet!"

>"So that means he's single?"

>This is so unfair! He was merely convicted of one instance of domestic
>violence! He's had his career taken away from him!

>Jonathan Majors Fired By Disney/Marvel Studios After Assault Guilty
>Verdicts; Actor Had Played Kang The Conqueror
>By Anthony D'Alessandro
>Deadline
>December 18, 2023 1:34pm
>https://deadline.com/2023/12/jonathan-majors-marvel-fired-guilty-verdict-1235671790/

>Oopsie! Disney just bought distribution rights to Magazine Dreams. They
>wanted to release it December 8 so the movie would be eligible for Oscar
>consideration. Everybody's going to take a loss on this movie.

>He played a disturbed amateur bodybuilder. If he's in prison, I'm not
>sure how his criminal reputation would prevent this movie from finding
>an audience.

>I'll bet a very long list of women will write to him whilst he's in
>prison, hoping to be his next girlfriend, after of course he beats
>Meagan Good to death.

Wishful thinking on my part. No prison. Poor guy is a first-time
offender that both sides think can be rehabilitated, despite all the
beatings he administered for which he was not prosecuted, and generally,
how moronic women are about going out of their way to find abusive men
to date. He's very very dangerous to very very self-destructive women.

Conditional discharge, sentenced to completing a 52-week intervention
in teaching him how not to beat up women. Yeah, those programs work.

Is it transphobic for me to say that violent crime isn't taken seriously
when the victim is a woman in a domestic battery situation?

Actor Jonathan Majors avoids jail time, sentenced to counseling for
assaulting ex-girlfriend
By PHILIP MARCELO
AP
Updated 11:02 AM CDT, April 8, 2024