From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.stupidity
Subject: "The View" Puts On Verbal Gymnastics Exhibition In Defense Of Jamaal "Fire Alarm" Bowman
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 04:30:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 08:30 UTC

The hosts of ABC's "The View" twisted themselves into knots during Monday's
broadcast in an attempt to run defense for Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) and the
brouhaha surrounding him pulling a fire alarm.

Bowman claimed that he had been confused by a sign labeling the door and
"emergency exit" and warning that an alarm would sound if the door were
opened -- and for that reason, he said he believed pulling the fire alarm on
the wall nearby would cause the door to open.

WATCH:

Racist Sunny Hostin doesn't want to call what Bowman did "a stunt
yet" because there still needs to be an investigation.
She suggests the doors were closed as some sort of plot to keep him
from reading: "The doors...to the chambers to read were somehow
miraculously closed." pic.twitter.com/hBP29aKXLe

-- Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) October 2, 2023

[No, stupid, those doors are locked on weekends.]

Cohost Alyssa Farah Griffin called Bowman out, saying that it appeared as
though he had pulled the fire alarm in an effort to stall the vote -- on the
continuing resolution that would forestall a government shutdown -- so that
he could buy himself more time to read it.

Ana Navarro complained about the Republicans -- President Donald Trump
included -- who have suggested that Bowman deserved to face the same charges
as January 6th defendants ("corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding
an official proceeding, or attempting to do so").

Cohost Sunny Hostin weighed in as well, suggesting that the doors were
"suddenly" closed in an effort to prevent him from having access to the CR in
order to read it.

Whoopi Goldberg said that she would have done the same thing, arguing that he
clearly just wanted to get the door open.

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Whoopi says the "point" is that the door was
closed to prevent Bowman from reading the CR and stop him from
voting:
"I would have pressed whatever I had to press to get the door open
because I know you would expect me not to be there to vote."
pic.twitter.com/Pv7lfpZ4j8

-- Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) October 2, 2023

Her final assessment appeared to line up with what Hostin had said, and she
reiterated her initial position -- namely that he was being kept from getting
to where he needed to be to vote.

"I would have pressed whatever I had to press to get the door open because I
know you would expect me not to be there to vote," she said.

Bowman remains the subject of two investigations into his actions.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "The View" Puts On Verbal Gymnastics Exhibition In Defense Of Jamaal "Fire Alarm" Bowman

<1560554682.718041906.228923.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204376&group=rec.arts.tv#204376

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.stupidity
Subject: Re: "The View" Puts On Verbal Gymnastics Exhibition In
Defense Of Jamaal "Fire Alarm" Bowman
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 09:11:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:11 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> The hosts of ABC's "The View" twisted themselves into knots during Monday's
> broadcast in an attempt to run defense for Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) and the
> brouhaha surrounding him pulling a fire alarm.

CNN did the same thing. I found their embarrassing coverage of it when I
was trying to find footage of what actually happened. They just showed a
still.

> Bowman claimed that he had been confused by a sign labeling the door and
> "emergency exit" and warning that an alarm would sound if the door were
> opened -- and for that reason, he said he believed pulling the fire alarm on
> the wall nearby would cause the door to open.
>
> WATCH:
>
> Racist Sunny Hostin doesn't want to call what Bowman did "a stunt
> yet" because there still needs to be an investigation.
> She suggests the doors were closed as some sort of plot to keep him
> from reading: "The doors...to the chambers to read were somehow
> miraculously closed." pic.twitter.com/hBP29aKXLe
>
> -- Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) October 2, 2023
>
> [No, stupid, those doors are locked on weekends.]
>
> Cohost Alyssa Farah Griffin called Bowman out, saying that it appeared as
> though he had pulled the fire alarm in an effort to stall the vote -- on the
> continuing resolution that would forestall a government shutdown -- so that
> he could buy himself more time to read it.
>
> Ana Navarro complained about the Republicans -- President Donald Trump
> included -- who have suggested that Bowman deserved to face the same charges
> as January 6th defendants ("corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding
> an official proceeding, or attempting to do so").
>
> Cohost Sunny Hostin weighed in as well, suggesting that the doors were
> "suddenly" closed in an effort to prevent him from having access to the CR in
> order to read it.
>
> Whoopi Goldberg said that she would have done the same thing, arguing that he
> clearly just wanted to get the door open.
>
> CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Whoopi says the "point" is that the door was
> closed to prevent Bowman from reading the CR and stop him from
> voting:
> "I would have pressed whatever I had to press to get the door open
> because I know you would expect me not to be there to vote."
> pic.twitter.com/Pv7lfpZ4j8
>
> -- Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) October 2, 2023
>
> Her final assessment appeared to line up with what Hostin had said, and she
> reiterated her initial position -- namely that he was being kept from getting
> to where he needed to be to vote.
>
> "I would have pressed whatever I had to press to get the door open because I
> know you would expect me not to be there to vote," she said.
>
> Bowman remains the subject of two investigations into his actions.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: "The View" Puts On Verbal Gymnastics Exhibition In Defense Of Jamaal "Fire Alarm" Bowman

<719f35f7-22dc-421c-bd77-c2c83630fab0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=207112&group=rec.arts.tv#207112

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "The View" Puts On Verbal Gymnastics Exhibition In Defense Of
Jamaal "Fire Alarm" Bowman
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:01 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 12:11:32 PM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> > The hosts of ABC's "The View" twisted themselves into knots during Monday's
> > broadcast in an attempt to run defense for Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) and the
> > brouhaha surrounding him pulling a fire alarm.
>
> CNN did the same thing. I found their embarrassing coverage of it when I
> was trying to find footage of what actually happened. They just showed a
> still.

Voila!
https://youtu.be/YtEdK79Drqk?t=1141

--