Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -- Benjamin Franklin

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

SubjectAuthor
* Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmUbiquitous
`* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarmanim8rfsk
 `* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmBTR1701
  +- Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarmanim8rfsk
  `* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmAdam H. Kerman
   +* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarmanim8rfsk
   |`- Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmUbiquitous
   +* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmUbiquitous
   |`* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarmanim8rfsk
   | +* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmUbiquitous
   | |+- Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmNoBody
   | |`- Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarmanim8rfsk
   | `* Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmUbiquitous
   |  `- Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarmanim8rfsk
   `- Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire AlarmAdam H. Kerman

1
Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<uff5o1$33d8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204281&group=rec.arts.tv#204281

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Subject: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 15:30:08 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:30 UTC

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) defended Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY)
during an interview over the weekend after Bowman pulled a fire alarm on
Saturday in a congressional office before the House vote on a stopgap bill to
keep the government open.

AOC gave the defense of Bowman -- who is now under investigation by law
enforcement and Congress -- during an interview with Jake Tapper on CNN's
"State of the Union" Sunday morning.

"There was an interesting moment over the weekend when your New York
colleague Congressman Jamaal Bowman -- he's under investigation for this now
after Capitol Police say he pulled a fire alarm in one of the House's office
buildings," Tapper said. "Democrats were trying to delay a vote, a final vote
on the bill. There he is pulling the fire alarm. He says it was an accident,
and he thought pulling the alarm would open a door, based on the fact that
the doors to his right there were locked and there was a sign that he said he
was -- I think someone said it was confusing."

"I will be honest. That doesn't really make sense to me, his explanation,"
Tapper said. "Have you talked to him? What's going on there?"

"I mean, listen, I think if you actually do see some of the photos of the
signs, I think there's something to be said about, the government's about to
shut down. There's a vote clock that's going down. The exits that are
normally open in that building were suddenly closed," Ocasio-Cortez claimed.

"So, you pull the fire alarm?" Tapper responded.

"So, I'm not -- I'm -- what I am here to say is that House administration,
U.S. Capitol Police, and Jamaal Bowman are in active, and he's fully
participating in saying there was a misunderstanding," she responded. "But
what I do think is important to raise is the fact that Republicans,
representatives like Nicole Malliotakis and others, immediately moved to file
motions to censure, motions to expel before there has even been conversations
that are finished to even see if there was a misunderstanding here."

Ocasio-Cortez went on to claim that Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was "actually
found guilty after a thorough investigation of 13 federal charges." Santos
has been indicted but has not been found guilty, as there has been no trial
at this point.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defends fellow Democrat Rep. Jamaal Bowman
pulling the fire alarm to delay a House vote, saying people shouldn't
judge "before there has even been conversations that are finished to
even see if there was a misunderstanding here"
pic.twitter.com/FOYlPV6L64

-- RNC Research (@RNCResearch) October 1, 2023

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<806445253.717969427.211808.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204284&group=rec.arts.tv#204284

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 13:06:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 20:06 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) defended Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY)
> during an interview over the weekend after Bowman pulled a fire alarm on
> Saturday in a congressional office before the House vote on a stopgap bill to
> keep the government open.
>
> AOC gave the defense of Bowman -- who is now under investigation by law
> enforcement and Congress -- during an interview with Jake Tapper on CNN's
> "State of the Union" Sunday morning.
>
> "There was an interesting moment over the weekend when your New York
> colleague Congressman Jamaal Bowman -- he's under investigation for this now
> after Capitol Police say he pulled a fire alarm in one of the House's office
> buildings," Tapper said. "Democrats were trying to delay a vote, a final vote
> on the bill. There he is pulling the fire alarm. He says it was an accident,
> and he thought pulling the alarm would open a door, based on the fact that
> the doors to his right there were locked and there was a sign that he said he
> was -- I think someone said it was confusing."
>
> "I will be honest. That doesn't really make sense to me, his explanation,"
> Tapper said. "Have you talked to him? What's going on there?"
>
> "I mean, listen, I think if you actually do see some of the photos of the
> signs, I think there's something to be said about, the government's about to
> shut down. There's a vote clock that's going down. The exits that are
> normally open in that building were suddenly closed," Ocasio-Cortez claimed.
>
> "So, you pull the fire alarm?" Tapper responded.
>
> "So, I'm not -- I'm -- what I am here to say is that House administration,
> U.S. Capitol Police, and Jamaal Bowman are in active, and he's fully
> participating in saying there was a misunderstanding," she responded. "But
> what I do think is important to raise is the fact that Republicans,
> representatives like Nicole Malliotakis and others, immediately moved to file
> motions to censure, motions to expel before there has even been conversations
> that are finished to even see if there was a misunderstanding here."
>
> Ocasio-Cortez went on to claim that Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was "actually
> found guilty after a thorough investigation of 13 federal charges." Santos
> has been indicted but has not been found guilty, as there has been no trial
> at this point.
>
> Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defends fellow Democrat Rep. Jamaal Bowman
> pulling the fire alarm to delay a House vote, saying people shouldn't
> judge "before there has even been conversations that are finished to
> even see if there was a misunderstanding here"
> pic.twitter.com/FOYlPV6L64
>
> -- RNC Research (@RNCResearch) October 1, 2023
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Could she possibly be clodreamer?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<atropos-6B18D2.13503202102023@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204289&group=rec.arts.tv#204289

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 13:50:32 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 20:50 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> > "I will be honest. That doesn't really make sense to me, his explanation,"
> > Tapper said. "Have you talked to him? What's going on there?"
> >
> > "I mean, listen, I think if you actually do see some of the photos of the
> > signs, I think there's something to be said about, the government's about
> > shut down. There's a vote clock that's going down. The exits that are
> > normally open in that building were suddenly closed," Ocasio-Cortez
> > claimed.
> >
> > "So, you pull the fire alarm?" Tapper responded.
> >
> > "So, I'm not -- I'm -- what I am here to say is that House administration,
> > U.S. Capitol Police, and Jamaal Bowman are in active, and he's fully
> > participating in saying there was a misunderstanding," she responded. "But
> > what I do think is important to raise is the fact that Republicans,
> > representatives like Nicole Malliotakis and others, immediately moved to
> > file
> > motions to censure, motions to expel before there has even been
> > conversations
> > that are finished to even see if there was a misunderstanding here."
> >
> > Ocasio-Cortez went on to claim that Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was "actually
> > found guilty after a thorough investigation of 13 federal charges." Santos
> > has been indicted but has not been found guilty, as there has been no trial
> > at this point.
>
> Could she possibly be clodreamer?

I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?

It's the only way to be sure.

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<1454897487.717978673.260629.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204297&group=rec.arts.tv#204297

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 15:32:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 22:32 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <806445253.717969427.211808.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> "I will be honest. That doesn't really make sense to me, his explanation,"
>>> Tapper said. "Have you talked to him? What's going on there?"
>>>
>>> "I mean, listen, I think if you actually do see some of the photos of the
>>> signs, I think there's something to be said about, the government's about
>>> shut down. There's a vote clock that's going down. The exits that are
>>> normally open in that building were suddenly closed," Ocasio-Cortez
>>> claimed.
>>>
>>> "So, you pull the fire alarm?" Tapper responded.
>>>
>>> "So, I'm not -- I'm -- what I am here to say is that House administration,
>>> U.S. Capitol Police, and Jamaal Bowman are in active, and he's fully
>>> participating in saying there was a misunderstanding," she responded. "But
>>> what I do think is important to raise is the fact that Republicans,
>>> representatives like Nicole Malliotakis and others, immediately moved to
>>> file
>>> motions to censure, motions to expel before there has even been
>>> conversations
>>> that are finished to even see if there was a misunderstanding here."
>>>
>>> Ocasio-Cortez went on to claim that Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was "actually
>>> found guilty after a thorough investigation of 13 federal charges." Santos
>>> has been indicted but has not been found guilty, as there has been no trial
>>> at this point.
>>
>> Could she possibly be clodreamer?
>
> I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
> talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
> electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?
>
> It's the only way to be sure.

Or if she can use a gun to defend her self.

Or maybe we could get her to drink some really awful running water?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<uffng0$36psa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204321&group=rec.arts.tv#204321

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 00:33:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 00:33 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article
><806445253.717969427.211808.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> > "I will be honest. That doesn't really make sense to me, his explanation,"
>> > Tapper said. "Have you talked to him? What's going on there?"
>> >
>> > "I mean, listen, I think if you actually do see some of the photos of the
>> > signs, I think there's something to be said about, the government's about
>> > shut down. There's a vote clock that's going down. The exits that are
>> > normally open in that building were suddenly closed," Ocasio-Cortez
>> > claimed.
>> >
>> > "So, you pull the fire alarm?" Tapper responded.
>> >
>> > "So, I'm not -- I'm -- what I am here to say is that House administration,
>> > U.S. Capitol Police, and Jamaal Bowman are in active, and he's fully
>> > participating in saying there was a misunderstanding," she responded. "But
>> > what I do think is important to raise is the fact that Republicans,
>> > representatives like Nicole Malliotakis and others, immediately moved to
>> > file
>> > motions to censure, motions to expel before there has even been
>> > conversations
>> > that are finished to even see if there was a misunderstanding here."
>> >
>> > Ocasio-Cortez went on to claim that Rep. George Santos (R-NY) was "actually
>> > found guilty after a thorough investigation of 13 federal charges." Santos
>> > has been indicted but has not been found guilty, as there has been no trial
>> > at this point.
>>
>> Could she possibly be clodreamer?
>
>I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
>talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
>electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?
>
>It's the only way to be sure.

The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
session, why was that door locked?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<1213259267.717988774.303566.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204323&group=rec.arts.tv#204323

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 18:27:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 01:27 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <806445253.717969427.211808.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Could she possibly be clodreamer?
>>
>> I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
>> talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
>> electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?
>>
>> It's the only way to be sure.
>
> The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
> unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
> pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
> session, why was that door locked?

I bet there are a lot of locked doors when the house is in session so that
you have to go through an entrance where they screen you.

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<Uff5o1$33d8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204328&group=rec.arts.tv#204328

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 21:45:53 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 01:45 UTC

In article <uffng0$36psa$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Could she possibly be clodreamer?
>>
>>I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
>>talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
>>electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?
>>
>>It's the only way to be sure.
>
>The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
>unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
>pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
>session, why was that door locked?

He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
he thoght he was opening.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<Ubf5o1$33d8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204329&group=rec.arts.tv#204329

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 21:54:28 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 01:54 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
>>> talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
>>> electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?
>>>
>>> It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>> The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
>> unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
>> pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
>> session, why was that door locked?
>>

>I bet there are a lot of locked doors when the house is in session so that
>you have to go through an entrance where they screen you.

There are underground tunnels that Congressmen use.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<1255598796.718002026.254022.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204339&group=rec.arts.tv#204339

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 22:01:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 05:01 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <uffng0$36psa$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I've wondered the same thing. Is there any way to get one of these
>>> talking heads to ask her about the difference between natural
>>> electricity and artificial electricity in one of these interviews?
>>>
>>> It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>> The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
>> unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
>> pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
>> session, why was that door locked?
>
> He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
> secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
> on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
> he thoght he was opening.

Do you have an URL for this video?

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<ufgv27$3hm0l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204355&group=rec.arts.tv#204355

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
>>> unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
>>> pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
>>> session, why was that door locked?
>>
>> He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
>> secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
>> on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
>> he thoght he was opening.
>
>Do you have an URL for this video?

I couldn't find any of him, but I am sure I heard from people who did. [shrugs]

I did find this vid of MTG showing us the door and alarm in question,
along with the route one normally takes.

https://youtu.be/KXOM8FRF_ZA

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<j83uhitfsh7sptffd7g314uap4nlmedj5q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204357&group=rec.arts.tv#204357

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 08:00:54 -0400
 by: NoBody - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 12:00 UTC

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:38:03 -0000 (UTC), "Ubiquitous"
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
>>> secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
>>> on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
>>> he thoght he was opening.
>>
>>Do you have an URL for this video?
>
>I couldn't find any of him, but I am sure I heard from people who did. [shrugs]
>
>I did find this vid of MTG showing us the door and alarm in question,
>along with the route one normally takes.
>
>https://youtu.be/KXOM8FRF_ZA

Did anyone notice the red signs had been removed?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<1674648950.718027997.160008.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204369&group=rec.arts.tv#204369

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 08:44:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:44 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
>>> secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
>>> on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
>>> he thoght he was opening.
>>
>> Do you have an URL for this video?
>
> I couldn't find any of him, but I am sure I heard from people who did. [shrugs]
>
> I did find this vid of MTG showing us the door and alarm in question,
> along with the route one normally takes.
>
> https://youtu.be/KXOM8FRF_ZA

Thanks!

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<uhc6m9$12nfl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206944&group=rec.arts.tv#206944

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 23:00:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 23:00 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>. . .

[Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulling fire alarm]

>The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
>unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
>pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
>session, why was that door locked?

Bowman has been charged with a misdemeanor and will plead guilty and pay
a $1,000 fine.

Charges will be dropped if he completes 3-month probation.

https://apnews.com/article/jamaal-bowman-congress-fire-alarm-1b9f8559a741a982116f7e8a4b6c6ac5

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<360fca87-c56f-4648-848d-2a0b0814c03cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=207111&group=rec.arts.tv#207111

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:59:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 22:59 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 1:01:56 AM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <uffng0$36psa$1...@dont-email.me>, a...@chinet.com wrote:

>>> The guy said he pulled the fire alarm willfully, thinking it would
>>> unlock a locked door that's unlocked on weekdays. Obviously you don't
>>> pull a fire alarm absent a fire, but given that the House was in
>>> session, why was that door locked?
>>
>> He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
>> secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
>> on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
>> he thought he was opening.
>
> Do you have an URL for this video?

I just saw it, in fact! He walks up to the doors, tears them down, pulls the alarms, and walks away.
https://youtu.be/YtEdK79Drqk?t=1141

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Defends Jamaal Bowman For Pulling Fire Alarm

<107575150.720055468.252907.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=207114&group=rec.arts.tv#207114

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:28:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:28 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 1:01:56/AM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> He's a liar. For one thing, Congressmen use underground tunnels, and
>>> secondly, he can be seen tearing down the sign next to the alarm, yanking
>>> on the alarm handle, then running away without using the door he claims
>>> he thought he was opening.
>>
>> Do you have an URL for this video?
>
> I just saw it, in fact! He walks up to the doors, tears them down, pulls
> the alarms, and walks away.
> https://youtu.be/YtEdK79Drqk?t41

Yeah, his pulling that alarm is clearly not an attempt to get the doors
open.