From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Nov. 4-11, 2023
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:04:29 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:04 UTC

On Nov 11, 2023 at 6:29:45 PM PST, "Robin Miller"
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> CHAPELWAITE Canceled After One Season at MGM+ (Nov. 7)

Wow, I'm just now getting around to this-- it's been sitting in the dregs of
my TiVo for over a year-- and now I find out that until now there was a
possibility this was going to continue? I had no expectation it was anything
other than a self-contained story. Don't see where else it could go.

It's not bad, by the way. It's an expanded version of Stephen King's short
story, JERUSALEM'S LOT, which is basically a prequel for 'SALEM'S LOT.

"The worm that doth corrupt..."

> TERMINATOR - THE ANIME SERIES: Netflix Drops First Teaser for
> Eight-Episode Series (Nov. 11)

On the one hand, anything Terminator has my interest. On the other, I've never
been a fan of anime. I guess I'll sample.

> ECHO: HAWKEYE Spinoff Series to Debut Under New Marvel Spotlight
> Banner That Focuses on Less MCU Continuity [Disney+] (Nov. 4)

Continuity ("Everything's connected.") was one of the main reasons for
Marvel's amazing success where DC failed. So of course they're now abandoning
it.

Re: TV news for Nov. 4-11, 2023

<r6lalipledjh8sfnno5704br7affsvv3gm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208921&group=rec.arts.tv#208921

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:36:53 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:36 UTC

On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:04:29 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Nov 11, 2023 at 6:29:45 PM PST, "Robin Miller"
><robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> CHAPELWAITE Canceled After One Season at MGM+ (Nov. 7)
>
>Wow, I'm just now getting around to this-- it's been sitting in the dregs of
>my TiVo for over a year-- and now I find out that until now there was a
>possibility this was going to continue? I had no expectation it was anything
>other than a self-contained story. Don't see where else it could go.
>
>It's not bad, by the way. It's an expanded version of Stephen King's short
>story, JERUSALEM'S LOT, which is basically a prequel for 'SALEM'S LOT.
>
>"The worm that doth corrupt..."
>
>> TERMINATOR - THE ANIME SERIES: Netflix Drops First Teaser for
>> Eight-Episode Series (Nov. 11)
>
>On the one hand, anything Terminator has my interest. On the other, I've never
>been a fan of anime. I guess I'll sample.

I've been a fan of anime and the Terminator in its various incarnation
but I'm only committing to sampling at this point because I have
little faith in it turning out to be good. That said they've had some
great versions like with Cyberpunk series. Also while I didn't watch
it I heard some great things about the Arcane anime series.

>> ECHO: HAWKEYE Spinoff Series to Debut Under New Marvel Spotlight
>> Banner That Focuses on Less MCU Continuity [Disney+] (Nov. 4)
>
>Continuity ("Everything's connected.") was one of the main reasons for
>Marvel's amazing success where DC failed. So of course they're now abandoning
>it.

I think it's more that their efforts to tie everything together along
with producing so much content let to things being watered down. Now
they can tell great stories on the streaming content without it being
forced to tie into the MCU movies. If it makes sense to tie it
together then do so but don't force it. Remember there is a
multi-verse so they can tell stories from other universes in the
streaming content that don't have to relate to the movies.

Though I'll be the first to admit that having them being disconnected
could cause a lot of confusion among viewers.