Youth is a disease from which we all recover. -- Dorothy Fuldheim

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Rhino
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)shawn
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)shawn
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uitd19$mecr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208675&group=rec.arts.tv#208675

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:49 UTC

This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday, and
graded...:

football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good that
CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the end of
it... :|
Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
the Baltimore Ravens!
As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions at
the last second. [roll] >:/

soaps: Fri's ep's.
DOOL - Jada catches up with Leo and Dmitri (who I keep wishing the
show would just write out permanently), but they get the drop on her...
Later, as they race to Rolf's submarine, they get into a car accident
with Nicole (if Nicole loses the baby, I'm going to throw stuff at the
screen!!). Stephanie's old beau goes to her for PR help with The
Spectator, further annoying Chad (he really needs to just dump this
chyck!!).
GH - Yep - as predicted, Ned has his memory back. Anna is probably
done with Valentin, after Valentin admitted that he's known for a while
that Charlotte was targetting Anna and even destroyed evidence of
Charlotte's guilt. Trina righteously lays out Spencer when Spencer
whines about Esme getting her own place - hopefully, Trina is done with him!

A Roommate to Die For (Lifetime) - Another misleading Lifetime title -
there are *no* "murders" or "deaths" in this flick.
Despite that, this is another "roommate from Hell"/"squatter from
Hell" flick. And it actually wasn't bad - once the tenant reveals
himself to be a duplicitous, scheming psycho, the landlord chickie gets
all mischievous in coming up with ways to either expose, or drive out,
the dude. But a good chunk of the time, she's too clever by half!
FTR, I really didn't know anybody in this flick - I don't recognize
any of the cast...

Someone wanna tell me why ABC was running "The Empire Strikes Back" last
night?!...

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<20231113105016.00001a6b@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208680&group=rec.arts.tv#208680

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:50:16 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 15:50 UTC

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday,
> and graded...:
>
> football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good
> that CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the
> end of it... :|
> Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
> the Baltimore Ravens!
> As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions
> at the last second. [roll] >:/
>
> soaps: Fri's ep's.
> DOOL - Jada catches up with Leo and Dmitri (who I keep wishing
> the show would just write out permanently), but they get the drop on
> her... Later, as they race to Rolf's submarine, they get into a car
> accident with Nicole (if Nicole loses the baby, I'm going to throw
> stuff at the screen!!). Stephanie's old beau goes to her for PR help
> with The Spectator, further annoying Chad (he really needs to just
> dump this chyck!!).
> GH - Yep - as predicted, Ned has his memory back. Anna is
> probably done with Valentin, after Valentin admitted that he's known
> for a while that Charlotte was targetting Anna and even destroyed
> evidence of Charlotte's guilt. Trina righteously lays out Spencer
> when Spencer whines about Esme getting her own place - hopefully,
> Trina is done with him!
>
> A Roommate to Die For (Lifetime) - Another misleading Lifetime title
> - there are *no* "murders" or "deaths" in this flick.
> Despite that, this is another "roommate from Hell"/"squatter from
> Hell" flick. And it actually wasn't bad - once the tenant reveals
> himself to be a duplicitous, scheming psycho, the landlord chickie
> gets all mischievous in coming up with ways to either expose, or
> drive out, the dude. But a good chunk of the time, she's too clever
> by half! FTR, I really didn't know anybody in this flick - I don't
> recognize any of the cast...
>
> Someone wanna tell me why ABC was running "The Empire Strikes Back"
> last night?!...
>

> What did you watch?

None of what you watched ;-)

I started Bosch: Legacy Season 2 on Saturday but watched the bulk of
the episodes on Sunday. I'm already looking forward to Season 3!

I found myself wishing that I'd rewatched Season 1 first because a lot
of the plot of Season 2 hinged on stuff that had happened in Season 1.
But it was still good despite not having rewatched.

--
Rhino

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uiti6j$n7ok$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208682&group=rec.arts.tv#208682

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:17:24 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:17 UTC

On 11/13/2023 6:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday, and
> graded...:
>
> football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good that
> CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the end of
> it...   :|
>    Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
> the Baltimore Ravens!
>    As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions at
> the last second.  [roll]  >:/
>
> soaps: Fri's ep's.
>    DOOL - Jada catches up with Leo and Dmitri (who I keep wishing the
> show would just write out permanently), but they get the drop on her...
> Later, as they race to Rolf's submarine, they get into a car accident
> with Nicole (if Nicole loses the baby, I'm going to throw stuff at the
> screen!!). Stephanie's old beau goes to her for PR help with The
> Spectator, further annoying Chad (he really needs to just dump this
> chyck!!).
>    GH - Yep - as predicted, Ned has his memory back. Anna is probably
> done with Valentin, after Valentin admitted that he's known for a while
> that Charlotte was targetting Anna and even destroyed evidence of
> Charlotte's guilt. Trina righteously lays out Spencer when Spencer
> whines about Esme getting her own place - hopefully, Trina is done with
> him!
>
> A Roommate to Die For (Lifetime) - Another misleading Lifetime title -
> there are *no* "murders" or "deaths" in this flick.
>    Despite that, this is another "roommate from Hell"/"squatter from
> Hell" flick. And it actually wasn't bad - once the tenant reveals
> himself to be a duplicitous, scheming psycho, the landlord chickie gets
> all mischievous in coming up with ways to either expose, or drive out,
> the dude. But a good chunk of the time, she's too clever by half!
>    FTR, I really didn't know anybody in this flick - I don't recognize
> any of the cast...
>
> Someone wanna tell me why ABC was running "The Empire Strikes Back" last
> night?!...

They didn't have anything else because of the strike?

> > What did you watch?

Justified: City Primeval S1E08 'The Question' (DVR recording)
"Raylan and Carolyn cross the line; Raylan attempts to make it out of
Detroit alive."

The episode starts with the Albanians locking Mansell in the Safe Room
where he crushed Sandy's mark's leg, then giving Raylan the judge's book
and his gun back. It works for both of them, the mob boss explains,
because its the only way Mansell will get locked up and its like the
Albanian mark got to do it. DPD Internal Affairs goes after the
detective who tried to frame a innocent man for the judge's murder.
Raylan goes back to find Mansell got out. The Albanian mark went to
"get his honor back" and got himself killed, letting Mansell loose. He
promptly goes on a rampage thru the mob's nursing home. Then he goes
after his lawyer, who's left after Raylan warns her. Raylan waits for
Mansell to arrive at the lawyer's house. They "talk", Mansell reaches
for something and Raylan shoots him. Mansell's last words are "What'd
you kill me for?" In the aftermath Raylan takes early retirement,
lawyer lady becomes a judge. Meanwhile, Raylon's old "friend" Crowder
breaks out of prison causing Raylan's phone ring....

Interesting trivia I just discovered. The actor who played Raylan's
daughter is Timothy Olyphant's real life daughter.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uitkpt$no46$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208683&group=rec.arts.tv#208683

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:01:48 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:01 UTC

On 11/13/23 8:17 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> On 11/13/2023 6:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Justified: City Primeval S1E08 'The Question' (DVR recording)
>
> Interesting trivia I just discovered.  The actor who played Raylan's
> daughter is Timothy Olyphant's real life daughter.

I knew that, actually.

What I'm not clear on is whether she's ever gotten any other gigs, or
whether working as an actress for her dad is a "one-off".

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<sgl4li9a0l9ffaghrlmnogmmfnik1ef3ld@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208684&group=rec.arts.tv#208684

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:08:12 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:08 UTC

wrote:

>This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday, and
>graded...:
>
>football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good that
>CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the end of
>it... :|
> Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
>the Baltimore Ravens!
> As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions at
>the last second. [roll] >:/

I watched some of the Falcons game.

>What did you watch?

I finished up my watching of STAR TREK BEYOND. I'm slowly working
through the various Star Trek movies. I enjoyed it, especially the
twist revealed at the end. Though the motivation of the villain felt a
bit overdone given the amount of time he had been separated.

I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
and how to control them.

What did you watch.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uitlki$no46$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208686&group=rec.arts.tv#208686

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:16:01 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:16 UTC

On 11/13/23 9:08 AM, shawn wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
> the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
> also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
> and how to control them.

Alls I knows is - Anim hated it!! ;)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uitm7k$qob2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208687&group=rec.arts.tv#208687

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:26:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:26 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>Justified: City Primeval S1E08 'The Question' (DVR recording)
>"Raylan and Carolyn cross the line; Raylan attempts to make it out of
>Detroit alive."

>The episode starts with the Albanians locking Mansell in the Safe Room
>where he crushed Sandy's mark's leg, then giving Raylan the judge's book
>and his gun back. It works for both of them, the mob boss explains,
>because its the only way Mansell will get locked up and its like the
>Albanian mark got to do it. DPD Internal Affairs goes after the
>detective who tried to frame a innocent man for the judge's murder.
>Raylan goes back to find Mansell got out. The Albanian mark went to
>"get his honor back" and got himself killed, letting Mansell loose. He
>promptly goes on a rampage thru the mob's nursing home. Then he goes
>after his lawyer, who's left after Raylan warns her. Raylan waits for
>Mansell to arrive at the lawyer's house. They "talk", Mansell reaches
>for something and Raylan shoots him. Mansell's last words are "What'd
>you kill me for?" In the aftermath Raylan takes early retirement,
>lawyer lady becomes a judge. Meanwhile, Raylon's old "friend" Crowder
>breaks out of prison causing Raylan's phone ring....

>Interesting trivia I just discovered. The actor who played Raylan's
>daughter is Timothy Olyphant's real life daughter.

I had started threads on these episodes. She's... not an actress. Also,
City Primeval was NOT a Raylan Givens story.

If they do a Crowder story after this, it'll likely be an original
script, not an adaptation. I believe the only Elmore Leonard story in
which he appears is "Fire in the Hole" and that he wasn't a continuing
character.

My main take on this was that the story telling was hurt bad by
juxtaposing the Albanian mob story onto other parts of it; I didn't like
the last two episodes at all. There wasn't enough main story for 8
parts.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uitpfm$rdi1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208691&group=rec.arts.tv#208691

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:21:39 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 18:21 UTC

On 11/13/2023 9:08 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday, and
>> graded...:
>>
>> football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good that
>> CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the end of
>> it... :|
>> Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
>> the Baltimore Ravens!
>> As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions at
>> the last second. [roll] >:/
>
> I watched some of the Falcons game.
>

>> What did you watch?
>

> I finished up my watching of STAR TREK BEYOND. I'm slowly working
> through the various Star Trek movies. I enjoyed it, especially the
> twist revealed at the end. Though the motivation of the villain felt a
> bit overdone given the amount of time he had been separated.

Agreed. I have 4K box sets of all of the Star Trek movies I am very
eagerly looking forward to watching in the near future. In particular
Star Trek: The motion picture has a new cut of the movie I've never seen
before.

> I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
> the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
> also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
> and how to control them.

That name sounds very familiar. I'm guessing it is something on my
watch list that I forgot to watch.

> What did you watch.

I watched:

Trolls (4K disc) 2016 animated musical starring Anna Kendrick and Justin
Timberlake as two Smurfs, I mean Trolls, who have to work together to
save their friends from being eaten by lovable monsters. I saw this
once before and was surprised by how much I liked it. On second viewing
it holds up very well.

Trolls World Tour (4K disc) 2020 sequel which finds the Smurfs, I mean
Trolls, banding together to stop a "Rock Troll" from stealing their
magic strings and forcing all trolls to be "Rock Trolls." This movie is
way better than it has any right to be! I pretty much had a smile on my
face the entire time while watching.

The Killer (Netflix streaming) 2023 thriller directed by David Fincher
and starring Michael Fassbender as an assassin who sets out for revenge
against the people who hired him after an assassination attempt goes
wrong and his employers retaliate by attacking his girlfriend. Most of
the movie has Fassbender narrating the "rules" that he follows and
general commenting on his environment. I want to say this movie
reminded me of "The Accountant" except I don't remember the "Accountant
all that well," but I get a very strong feeling that both movies are
similar. Anyway, I was expecting a better movie from all the hype, but
it was still very much watchable.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<9sr4lip562n72hapqc0emg99qga3f6jh5f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208693&group=rec.arts.tv#208693

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:51:39 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 18:51 UTC

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:21:39 -0800, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 11/13/2023 9:08 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday, and
>>> graded...:
>>>
>>> football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good that
>>> CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the end of
>>> it... :|
>>> Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
>>> the Baltimore Ravens!
>>> As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions at
>>> the last second. [roll] >:/
>>
>> I watched some of the Falcons game.
>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>

>> I finished up my watching of STAR TREK BEYOND. I'm slowly working
>> through the various Star Trek movies. I enjoyed it, especially the
>> twist revealed at the end. Though the motivation of the villain felt a
>> bit overdone given the amount of time he had been separated.
>>

>Agreed. I have 4K box sets of all of the Star Trek movies I am very
>eagerly looking forward to watching in the near future. In particular
>Star Trek: The motion picture has a new cut of the movie I've never seen
>before.
>
>> I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
>> the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
>> also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
>> and how to control them.
>>

>That name sounds very familiar. I'm guessing it is something on my
>watch list that I forgot to watch.

It's a brand new show. They released the first two episodes over the
weekend.

>> What did you watch.
>

>I watched:
>

>Trolls (4K disc) 2016 animated musical starring Anna Kendrick and Justin
>Timberlake as two Smurfs, I mean Trolls, who have to work together to
>save their friends from being eaten by lovable monsters. I saw this
>once before and was surprised by how much I liked it. On second viewing
>it holds up very well.
>
>Trolls World Tour (4K disc) 2020 sequel which finds the Smurfs, I mean
>Trolls, banding together to stop a "Rock Troll" from stealing their
>magic strings and forcing all trolls to be "Rock Trolls." This movie is
>way better than it has any right to be! I pretty much had a smile on my
>face the entire time while watching.
>

>The Killer (Netflix streaming) 2023 thriller directed by David Fincher
>and starring Michael Fassbender as an assassin who sets out for revenge
>against the people who hired him after an assassination attempt goes
>wrong and his employers retaliate by attacking his girlfriend. Most of
>the movie has Fassbender narrating the "rules" that he follows and
>general commenting on his environment. I want to say this movie
>reminded me of "The Accountant" except I don't remember the "Accountant
>all that well," but I get a very strong feeling that both movies are
>similar. Anyway, I was expecting a better movie from all the hype, but
>it was still very much watchable.

All of the above are on my list.

I remember the ACCOUNTANT very well having seen it a couple of times.
The back story of THE KILLER isn't the same as the ACCOUNTANT.
Fassbender's character may be somewhat like the accountant in that
they have a certain way of doing things.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uiu8pc$tjg5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208713&group=rec.arts.tv#208713

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:42:54 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:42 UTC

On 11/13/2023 9:01 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 11/13/23 8:17 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>
>> On 11/13/2023 6:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Justified: City Primeval S1E08 'The Question' (DVR recording)
>>
>> Interesting trivia I just discovered.  The actor who played Raylan's
>> daughter is Timothy Olyphant's real life daughter.
>
> I knew that, actually.
>
> What I'm not clear on is whether she's ever gotten any other gigs, or
> whether working as an actress for her dad is a "one-off".

Its her only credit so far in IMDb. Possibly daddy helping her break
into acting if its not a one-off.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uiu8rn$tjg5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208714&group=rec.arts.tv#208714

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:44:09 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:44 UTC

On 11/13/2023 9:26 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Justified: City Primeval S1E08 'The Question' (DVR recording)
>> "Raylan and Carolyn cross the line; Raylan attempts to make it out of
>> Detroit alive."
>
>> The episode starts with the Albanians locking Mansell in the Safe Room
>> where he crushed Sandy's mark's leg, then giving Raylan the judge's book
>> and his gun back. It works for both of them, the mob boss explains,
>> because its the only way Mansell will get locked up and its like the
>> Albanian mark got to do it. DPD Internal Affairs goes after the
>> detective who tried to frame a innocent man for the judge's murder.
>> Raylan goes back to find Mansell got out. The Albanian mark went to
>> "get his honor back" and got himself killed, letting Mansell loose. He
>> promptly goes on a rampage thru the mob's nursing home. Then he goes
>> after his lawyer, who's left after Raylan warns her. Raylan waits for
>> Mansell to arrive at the lawyer's house. They "talk", Mansell reaches
>> for something and Raylan shoots him. Mansell's last words are "What'd
>> you kill me for?" In the aftermath Raylan takes early retirement,
>> lawyer lady becomes a judge. Meanwhile, Raylon's old "friend" Crowder
>> breaks out of prison causing Raylan's phone ring....
>
>> Interesting trivia I just discovered. The actor who played Raylan's
>> daughter is Timothy Olyphant's real life daughter.
>
> I had started threads on these episodes. She's... not an actress. Also,
> City Primeval was NOT a Raylan Givens story.
>
> If they do a Crowder story after this, it'll likely be an original
> script, not an adaptation. I believe the only Elmore Leonard story in
> which he appears is "Fire in the Hole" and that he wasn't a continuing
> character.
>
> My main take on this was that the story telling was hurt bad by
> juxtaposing the Albanian mob story onto other parts of it; I didn't like
> the last two episodes at all. There wasn't enough main story for 8
> parts.

'Fire in the Hole' is listed in the credits as one of the two source
stories for the mini-series.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uiu8tn$tjg5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208715&group=rec.arts.tv#208715

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:45:13 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:45 UTC

On 11/13/2023 9:16 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 11/13/23 9:08 AM, shawn wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
>> the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
>> also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
>> and how to control them.
>
> Alls I knows is - Anim hated it!!  ;)

Anim hates everything.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<1424355389.721609491.788823.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208718&group=rec.arts.tv#208718

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:13:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 23:13 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 11/13/2023 9:16 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 11/13/23 9:08 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
>>> the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
>>> also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
>>> and how to control them.
>>
>> Alls I knows is - Anim hated it!!  ;)
>>
> Anim hates everything.

Especially you

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<1140809814.721609552.927319.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208719&group=rec.arts.tv#208719

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:13:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 23:13 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/13/2023 9:08 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 06:49:13 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This will probably be brief, as I mostly watched football yesterday, and
>>> graded...:
>>>
>>> football: The 49ers dismantled Jacksonville pretty good - so good that
>>> CBS eventually cut away from the game and didn't show me to the end of
>>> it... :|
>>> Instead, I got the end of the game where the Browns squeaked past
>>> the Baltimore Ravens!
>>> As per usual, the Chargers lost their game vs. the Detroit Lions at
>>> the last second. [roll] >:/
>>
>> I watched some of the Falcons game.
>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>

>> I finished up my watching of STAR TREK BEYOND. I'm slowly working
>> through the various Star Trek movies. I enjoyed it, especially the
>> twist revealed at the end. Though the motivation of the villain felt a
>> bit overdone given the amount of time he had been separated.
>>

> Agreed. I have 4K box sets of all of the Star Trek movies I am very
> eagerly looking forward to watching in the near future. In particular
> Star Trek: The motion picture has a new cut of the movie I've never seen
> before.

Be sure to look for my credit. Oh wait, that’s right, they butt fucked me
out of my credit when they falsely, blamed me for something they screwed
up.

>> I also watched the first episode of BEACON 23. Seems like everyone on
>> the show has some secret that will be revealed over the season. It
>> also appears that someone has way too much knowledge of the beacons
>> and how to control them.
>>

> That name sounds very familiar. I'm guessing it is something on my
> watch list that I forgot to watch.
>

> The Killer (Netflix streaming) 2023 thriller directed by David Fincher

Talentless jack ass worthless piece of crap shit David Fincher.

There I fixed that for you.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uiufif$ueqh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208725&group=rec.arts.tv#208725

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:38:42 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 00:38 UTC

On 11/13/2023 3:13 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Alls I knows is - Anim hated it!!  ;)
>>>
>> Anim hates everything.
>>

> Especially you

Everyone hates me. I've gotten used to it.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uiv0rb$14c2h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208741&group=rec.arts.tv#208741

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 05:33:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 05:33 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>On 11/13/2023 9:26 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Justified: City Primeval S1E08 'The Question' (DVR recording)
>>> "Raylan and Carolyn cross the line; Raylan attempts to make it out of
>>> Detroit alive."
>>
>>> The episode starts with the Albanians locking Mansell in the Safe Room
>>> where he crushed Sandy's mark's leg, then giving Raylan the judge's book
>>> and his gun back. It works for both of them, the mob boss explains,
>>> because its the only way Mansell will get locked up and its like the
>>> Albanian mark got to do it. DPD Internal Affairs goes after the
>>> detective who tried to frame a innocent man for the judge's murder.
>>> Raylan goes back to find Mansell got out. The Albanian mark went to
>>> "get his honor back" and got himself killed, letting Mansell loose. He
>>> promptly goes on a rampage thru the mob's nursing home. Then he goes
>>> after his lawyer, who's left after Raylan warns her. Raylan waits for
>>> Mansell to arrive at the lawyer's house. They "talk", Mansell reaches
>>> for something and Raylan shoots him. Mansell's last words are "What'd
>>> you kill me for?" In the aftermath Raylan takes early retirement,
>>> lawyer lady becomes a judge. Meanwhile, Raylon's old "friend" Crowder
>>> breaks out of prison causing Raylan's phone ring....
>>
>>> Interesting trivia I just discovered. The actor who played Raylan's
>>> daughter is Timothy Olyphant's real life daughter.
>>
>> I had started threads on these episodes. She's... not an actress. Also,
>> City Primeval was NOT a Raylan Givens story.
>>
>> If they do a Crowder story after this, it'll likely be an original
>> script, not an adaptation. I believe the only Elmore Leonard story in
>> which he appears is "Fire in the Hole" and that he wasn't a continuing
>> character.
>>
>> My main take on this was that the story telling was hurt bad by
>> juxtaposing the Albanian mob story onto other parts of it; I didn't like
>> the last two episodes at all. There wasn't enough main story for 8
>> parts.
>
>'Fire in the Hole' is listed in the credits as one of the two source
>stories for the mini-series.

They have to list "Fire in the Hole" (2001) as it's the story they are
exploiting for adaptation rights and the story featuring the Boyd Crowder
character. The Raylan Givens character was created in the novel Pronto (1993)
but that novel was already adapted for tv in 1997. The character also
appeared in Riding the Rap (1995) but who knows who has adaptation rights.
Looking it up, there's also Raylan (2012), which I haven't read. I've
read a lot of Elmore Leonard novels but not all of them because he was
quite prolific.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-11-12 (Sunday)

<uj7n57$2q0ft$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209047&group=rec.arts.tv#209047

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

In article <uitd19$mecr$1@dont-email.me>, ijball@mac.invalid wrote:

> What did you watch?

Nothing. No TV here.

--