The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat. -- Lily Tomlin

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilersThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilersJohn McCue
|+* Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilerssuzeeq
||`- Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilersThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilersThe Doctor
`* Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilersDaniel65
 `- Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilersThe Doctor

1
Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<sm9unc$1nuv$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2085&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2085

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 01:32:28 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 01:32 UTC

Doctor Who Flux - War of The Sontaran

0/10. Chibnall attempting to rewrite Doctor Who and a sideshow to boot.
Liverpool tunnels a portal to the Planet Time? Not creative. Not Original.

All right review of last episode.

Dream screens of the Doctor in a Haunted House?

Dan, Jaz and the Doctor ends Doctor Who Flux - War of The Sontaran

0/10. Chibnall attempting to rewrite Doctor Who and a sideshow to boot.
Liverpool tunnels a portal to the Planet Time? Not creative. Not Original.

All right review of last episode.

Dream screens of the Doctor in a Haunted House?

Dan, Jaz and the Doctor ends up when?

A black lady accuses the Doctor and friends of being vultures
in the middle of a battlefield. A Caribbean black Mary Secord
in the Crimean War
battlefield? Sontarans battling for Russia? Come on!

On the Escape Pod , the escapee from Rose is asked to repair something.

Dan and JAz flux off but how.

Doctor still hears the alarm.

The TARDIS is locked.

Dan is back . Supposedly. Sontarans have taken over Liverpool.
What the Flux?

Jaz is when? In the Liverpool tunnels on 1820s. WWTTD? Sacrelige!
Yes she can repair.

Back in the Crimea. The Doctor is about to deter the British
from attacking the Sontarans.
China and Russia replaced by Sontar. What the Flux?
Sontaran prisoner! The "doctor" tempts the Sontaran aboput the "Doctor".
Laura Secord spies on the Sontaran stealthily.

Sontaran Occupation by Flux? Happened 2 Nov 2021.

Yaz and the escapee are in 1820 for a repair job.
Planet of Time? chibnall is really punish the envelope
on his stupidity.

Sontarans on a Temporal War?

Doctor uses Sonic to attract Sontarans.
Doctor takes Sontarans on.
British imprisons Doctor.
Soldier immobolid by Doctor.
British and Sontarans go at it.

Dan hits the sontarans Liverpool Docks.

Doctor's Nemesis party shows up in Liverpool 1820.

Doctor in Crimea with Secord about to fix error.

Dan on Sontaran Ship

Can the Doctor stop the Sontaran Temporal Offensive.

Dan and Doctor fight Sontarans.

The Nemesis Swarm tortures Yaz ad kills Temple priests.

2021 dogs fights Sontarns

Crimea - 7.5 minute gap to destroy Sontaran force.

Sontarans in retreat.

21st Century - Dan and dog destroys Sontarans Docks and escape
Doctor picks up .

Crimea - The Lt General destroys the Sontaran fleet.
Doctor has fit.

The Doctor picks Dan up in a hijacked TARDIS to see Yaz
and Swarm.

Selective anger is phony. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<smci0t$b2h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2086&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2086

Followup: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
From: jmc...@fuzzball.mhome.org (John McCue)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 01:14:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John McCue - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 01:14 UTC

trimmed followups to uk.media.tv.sf.drwho

In uk.media.tv.sf.drwho The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> Doctor Who Flux - War of The Sontaran
>
> 0/10. Chibnall attempting to rewrite Doctor Who and a sideshow to boot.
> Liverpool tunnels a portal to the Planet Time? Not creative. Not Original.
<snip>

> The TARDIS is locked.
Seem very odd, and the door was gone at some point to boot ???

> What the Flux?
No idea

> Jaz is when? In the Liverpool tunnels on 1820s. WWTTD? Sacrelige!
> Yes she can repair.
>
> Back in the Crimea. The Doctor is about to deter the British
> from attacking the Sontarans.
All the Flux arc does is confuse me
<snip>

> Sontarans on a Temporal War?
I do *not* like the new look of the Sontarans.

> Doctor uses Sonic to attract Sontarans.
Waiting for the Sonic to shoot laser beams :)

> Doctor takes Sontarans on.
> British imprisons Doctor.
> Soldier immobolid by Doctor.

Was that the Vulcan Neck Touch :)
That is when I said "What the FLux"

<snip>
> 2021 dogs fights Sontarns
I do like the concept of the dogs
<snip>

> The Doctor picks Dan up in a hijacked TARDIS to see Yaz
> and Swarm.
Still lost with no idea on what Flux is all about.

--
csh(1) - "An elegant shell, for a more... civilized age."
- Paraphrasing Star Wars

Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<smcjl9$j89$5@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2087&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2087

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 17:42:01 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 01:42 UTC

On 11/8/2021 5:14 PM, John McCue wrote:
> trimmed followups to uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
>
> In uk.media.tv.sf.drwho The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> Doctor Who Flux - War of The Sontaran
>>
>> 0/10. Chibnall attempting to rewrite Doctor Who and a sideshow to boot.
>> Liverpool tunnels a portal to the Planet Time? Not creative. Not Original.
> <snip>
>
>> The TARDIS is locked.
> Seem very odd, and the door was gone at some point to boot ???
>
>> What the Flux?
> No idea
>

>> Jaz is when? In the Liverpool tunnels on 1820s. WWTTD? Sacrelige!
>> Yes she can repair.
>>
>> Back in the Crimea. The Doctor is about to deter the British
>> from attacking the Sontarans.
> All the Flux arc does is confuse me
> <snip>
>
>> Sontarans on a Temporal War?
> I do *not* like the new look of the Sontarans.
>
>> Doctor uses Sonic to attract Sontarans.
> Waiting for the Sonic to shoot laser beams :)
>
>> Doctor takes Sontarans on.
>> British imprisons Doctor.
>> Soldier immobolid by Doctor.
>
> Was that the Vulcan Neck Touch :)
> That is when I said "What the FLux"
>
> <snip>
>> 2021 dogs fights Sontarns
> I do like the concept of the dogs
> <snip>
>
>> The Doctor picks Dan up in a hijacked TARDIS to see Yaz
>> and Swarm.
> Still lost with no idea on what Flux is all about.

It's a bobble in time, I think.

Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<smdvn3$ve6$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2088&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2088

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 14:13:55 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 14:13 UTC

In article <smcjl9$j89$5@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 11/8/2021 5:14 PM, John McCue wrote:
>> trimmed followups to uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
>>
>> In uk.media.tv.sf.drwho The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>>> Doctor Who Flux - War of The Sontaran
>>>
>>> 0/10. Chibnall attempting to rewrite Doctor Who and a sideshow to boot.
>>> Liverpool tunnels a portal to the Planet Time? Not creative. Not Original.
>> <snip>
>>
>>> The TARDIS is locked.
>> Seem very odd, and the door was gone at some point to boot ???
>>
>>> What the Flux?
>> No idea
>>

>>> Jaz is when? In the Liverpool tunnels on 1820s. WWTTD? Sacrelige!
>>> Yes she can repair.
>>>
>>> Back in the Crimea. The Doctor is about to deter the British
>>> from attacking the Sontarans.
>> All the Flux arc does is confuse me
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Sontarans on a Temporal War?
>> I do *not* like the new look of the Sontarans.
>>
>>> Doctor uses Sonic to attract Sontarans.
>> Waiting for the Sonic to shoot laser beams :)
>>
>>> Doctor takes Sontarans on.
>>> British imprisons Doctor.
>>> Soldier immobolid by Doctor.
>>
>> Was that the Vulcan Neck Touch :)
>> That is when I said "What the FLux"
>>
>> <snip>
>>> 2021 dogs fights Sontarns
>> I do like the concept of the dogs
>> <snip>
>>
>>> The Doctor picks Dan up in a hijacked TARDIS to see Yaz
>>> and Swarm.
>> Still lost with no idea on what Flux is all about.
>>
>It's a bobble in time, I think.

Like Chibnall the bobblehead!
Selective anger is phony. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<sme3bs$1p4e$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2089&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2089

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:16:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:16 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwt88OMmqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1YbidXAK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFbGS1D5jqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-ul1CGQ8E

Honest opinion.
Selective anger is phony. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<smftcv$u8c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2091&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2091

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 18:46:46 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 07:46 UTC

Cross-posts added back so that Adam H. Kerman gets to see my response.

Adam H. Kerman wrote on 8/11/21 12:48 pm:
> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
>
> Who gives a fuck what yads wrote.
>
> Dear rec.arts.drwho posters:
>
> This newsgroup is leaking yads into the rest of Usenet. If you must
> troll feed in followup, would you be so kind as to cut the crosspost?
> There is just no good reason to have yads in rec.arts.sf.tv and
> rec.arts.tv. Thank you.
>
> Only you can save Usenet.

We don't want the idiot in rec.arts.drwho, so why don't you take him??

Only you can save Usenet. ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Flux - War of the Sontarans REview with spoilers

<smgmgi$2e97$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2092&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2092

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 14:55:14 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 14:55 UTC

In article <smftcv$u8c$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>Cross-posts added back so that Adam H. Kerman gets to see my response.
>
>Adam H. Kerman wrote on 8/11/21 12:48 pm:
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
>>
>> Who gives a fuck what yads wrote.
>>
>> Dear rec.arts.drwho posters:
>>
>> This newsgroup is leaking yads into the rest of Usenet. If you must
>> troll feed in followup, would you be so kind as to cut the crosspost?
>> There is just no good reason to have yads in rec.arts.sf.tv and
>> rec.arts.tv. Thank you.
>>
>> Only you can save Usenet.
>>
>We don't want the idiot in rec.arts.drwho, so why don't you take him??
>
>Only you can save Usenet. ;-P
>--
>Daniel

Dan's definition of idiot comes from
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/19-3.htm

DOCTOR: Yes. Most enlightening.
PANNA: What's he babbling about? No male can open the Box of Jhana without
being driven out of his mind. It is well known. Unless. Is he an idiot?
KARUNA: Are you an idiot?
DOCTOR: Well, I suppose I must be. I have been called one many

Get out of chronic hysteresis mode Dannyboy!
Selective anger is phony. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com