From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Nov. 12-18, 2023
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 23:38:05 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 04:38 UTC

On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 23:05:46 -0500
Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Stephanie Beatriz & Costa Ronin To Lead Kyle Killen ‘Multi-Chapter’
> Sci-Fi Series ‘The Disco Ball’ For Online Platform StoryCo (Nov. 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/11/stephanie-beatriz-costa-ronin-the-disco-ball-kyle-killen-storyco-1235610981/

I read the article but I don't understand what "The Disco Ball" is. It
doesn't sound like a TV show at all but more like some kind of project
where people get together to brainstorm story/character ideas.

--
Rhino

Re: TV news for Nov. 12-18, 2023

<421520369.722151971.288237.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209340&group=rec.arts.tv#209340

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:48:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 05:48 UTC

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 23:05:46 -0500
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>

>> Stephanie Beatriz & Costa Ronin To Lead Kyle Killen ‘Multi-Chapter’
>> Sci-Fi Series ‘The Disco Ball’ For Online Platform StoryCo (Nov. 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/11/stephanie-beatriz-costa-ronin-the-disco-ball-kyle-killen-storyco-1235610981/
>>
> I read the article but I don't understand what "The Disco Ball" is. It
> doesn't sound like a TV show at all but more like some kind of project
> where people get together to brainstorm story/character ideas.

And turned it into really low and amateur animation. The whole thing looks
like it was done by third graders.

https://story.co/discoball/01

I have no idea where the funding comes from. I kept waiting for it to ask
me for money, but it never did.

Re: TV news for Nov. 12-18, 2023

<20231120091215.00004f51@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209370&group=rec.arts.tv#209370

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:12:15 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:12 UTC

On Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:48:11 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 23:05:46 -0500
> > Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >

> >> Stephanie Beatriz & Costa Ronin To Lead Kyle Killen
> >> ‘Multi-Chapter’ Sci-Fi Series ‘The Disco Ball’ For Online Platform
> >> StoryCo (Nov. 14)
> >>
> >> https://deadline.com/2023/11/stephanie-beatriz-costa-ronin-the-disco-ball-kyle-killen-storyco-1235610981/
> >>
> > I read the article but I don't understand what "The Disco Ball" is.
> > It doesn't sound like a TV show at all but more like some kind of
> > project where people get together to brainstorm story/character
> > ideas.
> >>

> And turned it into really low and amateur animation. The whole thing
> looks like it was done by third graders.
>
> https://story.co/discoball/01

Thanks for finding that because it answers my question although I still
don't see why it is discussed as if its a TV program or movie. I watched
a few minutes, enough to get the gist of the concept.

I agree that the animation is pretty low-grade. I suppose they're
working with volunteers who may not have a lot of skills. They could
use a man of your skills to help them up their game :-)

> I have no idea where the funding comes from. I kept waiting for it to
> ask me for money, but it never did.

Vanity project maybe? Stephanie Beatriz was a lead in a successful
sitcom for seven (?) seasons so she may have some spare cash lying
around wanting to get used....

Creating a show of some kind using volunteers that spitball
ideas and cobble things together is an interesting concept and may
ultimately go far but I'm not feeling it with this project.

--
Rhino

Re: TV news for Nov. 12-18, 2023

<1084668596.722196184.635652.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209422&group=rec.arts.tv#209422

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:10:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:10 UTC

> On Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:48:11 -0700
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I read the article but I don't understand what "The Disco Ball" is.
>>> It doesn't sound like a TV show at all but more like some kind of
>>> project where people get together to brainstorm story/character
>>> ideas.
>>>>

>> And turned it into really low and amateur animation. The whole thing
>> looks like it was done by third graders.
>>
>> https://story.co/discoball/01
>
> Thanks for finding that because it answers my question although I still
> don't see why it is discussed as if its a TV program or movie. I watched
> a few minutes, enough to get the gist of the concept.
>
> I agree that the animation is pretty low-grade. I suppose they're
> working with volunteers who may not have a lot of skills. They could
> use a man of your skills to help them up their game :-)

Thanks, but I’d already be shooting up the place.

>> I have no idea where the funding comes from. I kept waiting for it to
>> ask me for money, but it never did.
>>
> Vanity project maybe? Stephanie Beatriz was a lead in a successful
> sitcom for seven (?) seasons so she may have some spare cash lying
> around wanting to get used....
>
> Creating a show of some kind using volunteers that spitball
> ideas and cobble things together is an interesting concept and may
> ultimately go far but I'm not feeling it with this project.

I think this is the kind of crap we’re going to get from the new union
writers rooms that require a whole bunch of extra writers that don’t
actually have anything to do. There have always been a whole bunch of
people that don’t understand the story at all, and spitball, stupid ideas,
and then get mad at you when you won’t do them. This is just sanctioning
it.