I dote on his very absence. -- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeRhino
`* Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeEd Stasiak
 `* Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeBTR1701
  +* Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeRhino
  |`- Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimedanny burstein
  +* Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeThe Horny Goat
  |`* Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeUbiquitous
  | `* Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeThe Horny Goat
  |  `- Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimeUbiquitous
  `- Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crimetrotsky

1
[OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<20231116072400.00003579@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208968&group=rec.arts.tv#208968

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 07:24:00 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:24 UTC

A comment in a National Post article introduced me to the fact that
someone poured gasoline in an Ottawa Hospital and left messages about
the fighting in Gaza but that police do NOT consider this a hate crime:

https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/charges-laid-in-local-hospital-suspicious-incident.aspx#:~:text=At%20approximately%2011%3A15%20pm,conflict%20in%20Israel%20and%20Gaza

Maybe you have to actually set the gasoline on fire before it's
considered a hate crime? Or say directly that "These accursed Jews (or
Palestinians) must die!"? The good news is that the person has actually
been arrested and charged with serious-looking offenses. Let's see if
they are allowed to stand or if they get knocked down to misdemeanours
"to avoid inflaming tensions" or some such bullshit.

Here's another report on the same event:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-general-hospital-gasoline-antisemitism-1.7025224

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<054bb724-1a1b-4f1e-bc56-2e65a355b1c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209020&group=rec.arts.tv#209020

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:54:39 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 00:54 UTC

> Rhino
>
> A comment in a National Post article introduced me to the fact that
> someone poured gasoline in an Ottawa Hospital and left messages about
> the fighting in Gaza but that police do NOT consider this a hate crime:
>
> https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/charges-laid-in-local-hospital-suspicious-incident.aspx#:~:text=At%20approximately%2011%3A15%20pm,conflict%20in%20Israel%20and%20Gaza
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-general-hospital-gasoline-antisemitism-1.7025224

Meanwhile...

https://i.postimg.cc/t4S3hF3M/1656686204558.png

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<tf2cnQpLVr5mocr4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209044&group=rec.arts.tv#209044

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:14:19 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:14 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rhino
>>
>> A comment in a National Post article introduced me to the fact that
>> someone poured gasoline in an Ottawa Hospital and left messages about
>> the fighting in Gaza but that police do NOT consider this a hate crime:
>>
>> https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/charges-laid-in-local-hospital-suspicious-incident.aspx#:~:text=At%20approximately%2011%3A15%20pm,conflict%20in%20Israel%20and%20Gaza
>>

>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-general-hospital-gasoline-antisemitism-1.7025224
>>

> Meanwhile...
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/t4S3hF3M/1656686204558.png

There was another story recently where someone painted "It's okay to be
white" on a wall near a school and both the media and the government
officials kept describing it as "racist" and a "hate crime".

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<20231117095131.00000890@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209060&group=rec.arts.tv#209060

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:51:31 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 14:51 UTC

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:14:19 +0000
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Rhino
> >>
> >> A comment in a National Post article introduced me to the fact
> >> that someone poured gasoline in an Ottawa Hospital and left
> >> messages about the fighting in Gaza but that police do NOT
> >> consider this a hate crime:
> >>
> >> https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/charges-laid-in-local-hospital-suspicious-incident.aspx#:~:text=At%20approximately%2011%3A15%20pm,conflict%20in%20Israel%20and%20Gaza
> >>

> >> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-general-hospital-gasoline-antisemitism-1.7025224
> >>

> > Meanwhile...
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/t4S3hF3M/1656686204558.png
>
> There was another story recently where someone painted "It's okay to
> be white" on a wall near a school and both the media and the
> government officials kept describing it as "racist" and a "hate
> crime".

The officials and media people that write those pronouncements ought to
be de-hired with cause IMMEDIATELY and their minions who are forced to
mouth them should threaten es these pronouncements to be "policy" but
some PR type or reporter that is lower on the food chain is told to
spout them publicly, although they may do so willingly. I would rather
see the firing of those that MAKE the policy rather than the schmoe
that has to state them in front of the cameras in the cases where the
spokesman does actually buy that nonsense and is just saying it to keep
their job. Of course, if the spokeshole is fully on board with the
pronouncement, the spokeshole and the person/people who formed the
policy should all be sacked.) That would make a start on restoring
sanity to this world.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<uj7v62$qr7$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209063&group=rec.arts.tv#209063

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 15:00:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 15:00 UTC

[snip]

>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-general-hospital-gasoline-antisemitism-1.7025224

The cops have arrested a suspect:

[CBC via MSN. Don't ask me why...]

Woman charged with attempted arson at General hospital campus

An Ottawa woman faces seven charges, including attempting to commit
arson, in connection with a gasoline spill last week at The Ottawa
Hospital's General campus.

Officers were called to the hospital at around 11:15 p.m. on Nov. 9
where they found fuel spilled inside one building and messages "related
to the ongoing conflict in Israel and Gaza," according to an Ottawa
police news release.

Early Wednesday morning, police arrested a 33-year-old woman.

Police said the woman had been charged with attempting to commit
arson to endanger human life and attempting to commit arson to
damage property.

She was also charged with possessing incendiary material for arson,
disobeying a court order, breaching her probation and two counts
of mischief.

Police did not release her name. She was slated to appear in court
Wednesday afternoon.
=======
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/woman-charged-with-attempted-arson-at-general-hospital-campus/ar-AA1jZpz0
dannyb@panix.com

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<l9thlit20h1bbte4dn4u5g5ab0ofal789u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209168&group=rec.arts.tv#209168

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:35:40 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 17:35 UTC

wrote:

>There was another story recently where someone painted "It's okay to be
>white" on a wall near a school and both the media and the government
>officials kept describing it as "racist" and a "hate crime".

Which of course it is just like it's okay to be any other color.

As long as it's NOT exclusive it's not racist.

I well remember the Sunday school song that had the line "red and
yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight..." and even at
6-7 years old I'm pretty sure we all knew what the message of the song
was - and that since Jesus did we were supposed to too.

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<cwl6N.61514$svP4.50111@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209259&group=rec.arts.tv#209259

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 04:33:41 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 10:33 UTC

On 11/17/23 4:14 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Rhino
>>>
>>> A comment in a National Post article introduced me to the fact that
>>> someone poured gasoline in an Ottawa Hospital and left messages about
>>> the fighting in Gaza but that police do NOT consider this a hate crime:
>>>
>>> https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/charges-laid-in-local-hospital-suspicious-incident.aspx#:~:text=At%20approximately%2011%3A15%20pm,conflict%20in%20Israel%20and%20Gaza
>>>

>>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-general-hospital-gasoline-antisemitism-1.7025224
>>>

>> Meanwhile...
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/t4S3hF3M/1656686204558.png
>
> There was another story recently where someone painted "It's okay to be
> white" on a wall near a school and both the media and the government
> officials kept describing it as "racist" and a "hate crime".

Words are open to interpretation: the law works in this way too. You're
a child that needs to be instructed on what's happening on Planet Earth
apparently.

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<ujdkbq$3ta1j$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209283&group=rec.arts.tv#209283

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 04:30:51 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>There was another story recently where someone painted "It's okay to be
>>white" on a wall near a school and both the media and the government
>>officials kept describing it as "racist" and a "hate crime".
>
>Which of course it is just like it's okay to be any other color.
>
>As long as it's NOT exclusive it's not racist.
>
>I well remember the Sunday school song that had the line "red and
>yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight..." and even at
>6-7 years old I'm pretty sure we all knew what the message of the song
>was - and that since Jesus did we were supposed to too.

It's in a Moslem Sunday School song as well.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<c0tklilhgtvtqhqrnivd8lv81153k9pkqq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209304&group=rec.arts.tv#209304

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:46:49 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 20:46 UTC

On Sun, 19 Nov 2023 04:30:51 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>>I well remember the Sunday school song that had the line "red and
>>yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight..." and even at
>>6-7 years old I'm pretty sure we all knew what the message of the song
>>was - and that since Jesus did we were supposed to too.
>
>It's in a Moslem Sunday School song as well.

Uh you're saying Muslims sing 'Jesus Loves the Little Children"? Or
simply the 'red and yellow black and white' line?

Re: [OT] Threatening to burn down a hospital is NOT a hate crime

<ujg9he$e2gd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209392&group=rec.arts.tv#209392

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:46:06 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:46 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>I well remember the Sunday school song that had the line "red and
>>>yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight..." and even at
>>>6-7 years old I'm pretty sure we all knew what the message of the song
>>>was - and that since Jesus did we were supposed to too.
>>
>>It's in a Moslem Sunday School song as well.
>
>Uh you're saying Muslims sing 'Jesus Loves the Little Children"? Or
>simply the 'red and yellow black and white' line?

You never heard it before?

Allah Loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
Loaded down with dynamite
Allah loves the little children of the World.

--
Islam is a peaceful religion, just as long as the women are beaten, the boys
buggered and the infidels are killed.