It's great to be smart 'cause then you know stuff.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

SubjectAuthor
* Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaRhino
+- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divashawn
+- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaBTR1701
|+- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divatrotsky
|+* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaBering Sea Bar & Brig
||`* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaBTR1701
|| +- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divatrotsky
|| `- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaBering Sea Bar & Brig
|+* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaUbiquitous
||`* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaThe Horny Goat
|| `- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaUbiquitous
|`* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divasuper70s
| `* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaDimensional Traveler
|  `* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divasuper70s
|   `* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaBTR1701
|    +* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divasuper70s
|    |+- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaUbiquitous
|    |`* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaBTR1701
|    | `- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divasuper70s
|    `- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divatrotsky
`* Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaUbiquitous
 `- Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a divaanim8rfsk

1
Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<20231114202253.00004dcd@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208836&group=rec.arts.tv#208836

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 20:22:53 -0500
 by: Rhino - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 01:22 UTC

In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
ordinary person and not a diva at all.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376

I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
"Where there's smoke...."

--
Rhino

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<6k98litic1tb4e5ongvuq2ktokl6oh094r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208837&group=rec.arts.tv#208837

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 21:02:46 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 02:02 UTC

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 20:22:53 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
>ordinary person and not a diva at all.
>
>https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
>
>I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
>I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
>"Where there's smoke...."

I don't know either, but I can understand someone who doesn't like the
crowds that can gather around someone as well known as her. Which
could extend to what she goes through as she prepares for a
performance.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<uj1af1$1fdc7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208841&group=rec.arts.tv#208841

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 02:29:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 02:29 UTC

>In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
>ordinary person and not a diva at all.

>https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376

>I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
>I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
>"Where there's smoke...."

We've all seen Funny Girl. I'm not buying it.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<pkmdnRhdZbjlpcn4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208845&group=rec.arts.tv#208845

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:18:16 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:18 UTC

On Nov 14, 2023 at 5:22:53 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
> ordinary person and not a diva at all.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
>
> I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
> I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
> "Where there's smoke...."

LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:

The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.

The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<mT05N.53864$svP4.30859@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208876&group=rec.arts.tv#208876

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 04:15:45 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:15 UTC

On 11/14/23 9:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2023 at 5:22:53 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
>> ordinary person and not a diva at all.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
>>
>> I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
>> I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
>> "Where there's smoke...."
>
> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:

LOL! As DH Lawrence once said in a book review, "Trust the tale and not
the teller." You keep falling into the same trap because you're stupid.

> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>
> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<611c9723-91a0-4a33-adaf-bca393b3f375n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208923&group=rec.arts.tv#208923

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:44:05 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:44 UTC

On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 9:18:30 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2023 at 5:22:53 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offlin...@example.com>
> wrote:
> > In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
> > ordinary person and not a diva at all.
> >
> > https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
> >
> > I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
> > I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
> > "Where there's smoke...."
> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>
> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>
> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.

Of course a Van Nuys resident is jealous of Malibu

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<H7KcnRDvvYGhxcj4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208925&group=rec.arts.tv#208925

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:46:04 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:46 UTC

On Nov 15, 2023 at 3:44:05 PM PST, ""Bering Sea Bar & Brig""
<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 9:18:30 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Nov 14, 2023 at 5:22:53 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offlin...@example.com>
>> wrote:
>> > In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
>> > ordinary person and not a diva at all.
>> >
>> > https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
>> >
>> > I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
>> > I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
>> > "Where there's smoke...."
>> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>>
>> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
>> remove,
>> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
>> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and
>> actress
>> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
>> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California,
>> which
>> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
>> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>>
>> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
>> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
>> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
>
> Of course a Van Nuys resident is jealous of Malibu

If you're referring to me, I don't live anywhere near Van Nuys.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<Bal5N.44503$yvY5.30303@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208962&group=rec.arts.tv#208962

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 03:21:37 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:21 UTC

On 11/15/23 5:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2023 at 3:44:05 PM PST, ""Bering Sea Bar & Brig""
> <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 9:18:30 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>>>
>>> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
>>> remove,
>>> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
>>> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and
>>> actress
>>> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
>>> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California,
>>> which
>>> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
>>> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>>>
>>> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
>>> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
>>> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
>>
>> Of course a Van Nuys resident is jealous of Malibu
>
> If you're referring to me, I don't live anywhere near Van Nuys.

Anonyshits never do.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<06439697-ec39-4fc6-9b85-cb1aa777f9een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=208995&group=rec.arts.tv#208995

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:41:36 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 21:41 UTC

On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 5:46:19 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2023 at 3:44:05 PM PST, ""Bering Sea Bar & Brig""
> <jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 9:18:30 PM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
> >>
> >> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
> >> remove,
> >> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
> >> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and
> >> actress
> >> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
> >> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California,
> >> which
> >> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
> >> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
> >>
> >> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
> >> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
> >> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information..
> >
> > Of course a Van Nuys resident is jealous of Malibu
> If you're referring to me, I don't live anywhere near Van Nuys.

By past postings I'd guess Manhattan Beach area down wind from the Chevron. The refinery pollution explains much. 📽

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<uj7qhm$2q0ft$15@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209057&group=rec.arts.tv#209057

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 04:30:51 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>Streisand swears she's just an ordinary person and not a diva at all.

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

I will always remember the time her hen-pecked husband accidentally got
between her and the camera shot at the Academy Awards(?) show. Judging
by the lasers about to shoot out of her eyes at him, I have no doubt she
harranged him all the way home.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<uj7qmn$2q0ft$16@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209058&group=rec.arts.tv#209058

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 04:30:52 -0500

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>
>The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
>remove,or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by
>increasing awareness of that information. It is named after American singer
>and actress Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California
>Coastal Record Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu,
>California, which was taken to document California coastal erosion,
>inadvertently drew far greater attention to the heretofore obscure
>photograph.
>
>The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
>people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
>significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.

I distinctly remember her demanding MS Word enforce her misspelled name.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<202959255.721925810.066021.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209062&group=rec.arts.tv#209062

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:59:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 14:59 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>
>> Streisand swears she's just an ordinary person and not a diva at all.
>
> TROLL-O-METER
>
> 5* 6* *7
> 4* *8
> 3* *9
> 2* *10
> 1* | *stuporous
> 0* -*- *catatonic
> * |\ *comatose
> * \ *clinical death
> * \ *biological death
> * _\/ *demonic apparition
> * * *damned for all eternity
>

> I will always remember the time her hen-pecked husband accidentally got
> between her and the camera shot at the Academy Awards(?) show. Judging
> by the lasers about to shoot out of her eyes at him, I have no doubt she
> harranged him all the way home.

There’s a reason her son-in-law beats his wife.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<a2uhli97rerdr5pfbd9c8sek0ar3v9pluj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209170&group=rec.arts.tv#209170

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:48:12 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 17:48 UTC

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 04:30:52 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>>The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
>>people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
>>significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
>
>I distinctly remember her demanding MS Word enforce her misspelled name.

Hmmm. I just went into MS-Word and verified that two of my three
childrens' names were "misspelled" (one of them is 'Johnny") as was my
own till I got annoyed and added my own name to their 'dictionary'

So why couldn't Streisand simply added her own name to Word's
'dictionary'?

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<ujdo2a$3u7qs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209290&group=rec.arts.tv#209290

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 13:35:38 -0600
 by: super70s - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 19:35 UTC

On 2023-11-15 03:18:16 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>
> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>
> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.

Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
be more accurate.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<uje0l0$3visr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209316&group=rec.arts.tv#209316

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 14:02:10 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:02 UTC

On 11/19/2023 11:35 AM, super70s wrote:
> On 2023-11-15 03:18:16 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>>
>> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
>> remove,
>> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
>> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and
>> actress
>> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
>> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California,
>> which
>> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
>> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>>
>> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein
>> once
>> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
>> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
>
> Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
> be more accurate.

Too long.

dirty old man.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<ujeskh$74bs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209341&group=rec.arts.tv#209341

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 23:59:45 -0600
 by: super70s - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 05:59 UTC

On 2023-11-19 22:02:10 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

> On 11/19/2023 11:35 AM, super70s wrote:
>> On 2023-11-15 03:18:16 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>>
>>> LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:
>>>
>>> The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
>>> or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
>>> awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
>>> Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
>>> Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
>>> was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
>>> greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
>>>
>>> The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
>>> people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
>>> significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
>>
>> Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
>> be more accurate.
>>
> Too long.

Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
on the right).

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<SrqcnbsKCOXOZMf4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209344&group=rec.arts.tv#209344

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 06:14:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 06:14 UTC

On Nov 19, 2023 at 9:59:45 PM PST, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
wrote:

> On 2023-11-19 22:02:10 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

>>> Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
>>> be more accurate.
>>>
>> Too long.
>
> Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
> action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
> her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
> to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
> on the right).

It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term and he'd laugh
his ass off at someone claiming he's on 'the right'.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<ujfe02$9lbr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209345&group=rec.arts.tv#209345

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 04:56:02 -0600
 by: super70s - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 10:56 UTC

On 2023-11-20 06:14:43 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> On Nov 19, 2023 at 9:59:45 PM PST, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Too long.
>>
>> Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
>> action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
>> her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
>> to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
>> on the right).
>
> It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term

Oh a recognized expert in the field of psychology and human behavior. <gag>

> and he'd laugh his ass off at someone claiming he's on 'the right'.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<0NH6N.55432$_Oab.12811@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209347&group=rec.arts.tv#209347

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 05:53:31 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:53 UTC

On 11/20/23 12:14 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2023 at 9:59:45 PM PST, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Too long.
>>
>> Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
>> action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
>> her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
>> to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
>> on the right).
>
> It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term and he'd laugh
> his ass off at someone claiming he's on 'the right'.

Does he identify as being on the side of dirt then?

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<ujfjrk$a48l$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209357&group=rec.arts.tv#209357

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 04:30:46 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>I distinctly remember her demanding MS Word enforce her misspelled name.
>
>Hmmm. I just went into MS-Word and verified that two of my three
>childrens' names were "misspelled" (one of them is 'Johnny") as was my
>own till I got annoyed and added my own name to their 'dictionary'
>
>So why couldn't Streisand simply added her own name to Word's
>'dictionary'?

Umm, because she's a diva?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<ujg9v3$e2gd$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209395&group=rec.arts.tv#209395

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:53:23 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:53 UTC

In article <ujfe02$9lbr$1@dont-email.me>, super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:
> On 2023-11-20 06:14:43 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>> "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>> Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
>>> action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
>>> her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
>>> to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
>>> on the right).

Ad hominem noted.

>> It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term
>> and he'd laugh his ass off at someone claiming he's on 'the right'.
>
>Oh a recognized expert in the field of psychology and human behavior. <gag>

Ad hominem noted.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<atropos-149499.12224120112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209410&group=rec.arts.tv#209410

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:22:42 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:22 UTC

In article <ujfe02$9lbr$1@dont-email.me>,
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-11-20 06:14:43 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
> > On Nov 19, 2023 at 9:59:45 PM PST, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
> >> action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
> >> her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
> >> to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
> >> on the right).
> >
> > It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term
>
> Oh a recognized expert in the field of psychology and human behavior. <gag>

More than you are with your fantastically accurate insight into who came
up with the term.

And why would one need to be a "recognized expert in the field of
psychology and human behavior" to give a name to the fact that when you
try and hide shit from people it just makes them more curious about it
than if you'd just left it alone.

That's something that anyone with more than 10 years experience on the
planet knows.

Re: Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva

<super70s-9EEA25.18430420112023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209446&group=rec.arts.tv#209446

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:43:04 -0600
 by: super70s - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:43 UTC

In article <atropos-149499.12224120112023@news.giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <ujfe02$9lbr$1@dont-email.me>,
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On 2023-11-20 06:14:43 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> > > It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term
> >
> > Oh a recognized expert in the field of psychology and human behavior. <gag>
>
> More than you are with your fantastically accurate insight into who came
> up with the term.
>
> And why would one need to be a "recognized expert in the field of
> psychology and human behavior" to give a name to the fact that when you
> try and hide shit from people it just makes them more curious about it
> than if you'd just left it alone.
>
> That's something that anyone with more than 10 years experience on the
> planet knows.

Psychology and group behavior has been studied since ancient times by
some of the brightest minds in history, to think this guy finally came
up with a unique "effect" that no one else ever postulated after several
centuries is laughable.