"Plan to throw one away. You will anyway." -- Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

SubjectAuthor
* News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Ian J. Ball
+* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Rhino
|+* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14BTR1701
||+* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Ian J. Ball
|||`- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
||+- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
||`* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Rhino
|| +* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Ian J. Ball
|| |`- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
|| `- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
|`* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
| `* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Rhino
|  +* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14danny burstein
|  |`- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
|   `* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Rhino
|    `* Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk
|     `- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14Rhino
`- Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14anim8rfsk

1
News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<ujg6j7$ddr8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209390&group=rec.arts.tv#209390

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:55 UTC

As per Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-1235627546/

I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209400&group=rec.arts.tv#209400

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:33:32 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:33 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> As per Deadline:
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-1235627546/
>

> I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!

There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that, I
will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still matter.
Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....

I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I suppose
I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up together, just to
prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At the very least
Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie finally woke up and
ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake. Also, if it ends
with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.

--
Rhino

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<atropos-722819.12282320112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209413&group=rec.arts.tv#209413

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:28:23 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:28 UTC

In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> > As per Deadline:
> >
> > https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-12
> > 35627546/
> >

> > I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!
>
> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that, I
> will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still matter.
> Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>
> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I suppose
> I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up together, just to
> prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At the very least
> Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie finally woke up and
> ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake. Also, if it ends
> with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.

I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does he
find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<ujgi0o$fht1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209415&group=rec.arts.tv#209415

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:10:47 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:10 UTC

On 11/20/23 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
>> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> As per Deadline:
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-12
>>> 35627546/
>>>

>>> I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!
>>
>> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
>> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that, I
>> will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
>> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still matter.
>> Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>>
>> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I suppose
>> I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up together, just to
>> prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At the very least
>> Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie finally woke up and
>> ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake. Also, if it ends
>> with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.
>
> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does he
> find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!

I really like this "twist" - if they did that, I'd actually come back to
watch the last few episodes!! ;)

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<463410121.722215373.373780.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209434&group=rec.arts.tv#209434

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 23:42 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> As per Deadline:
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-1235627546/
>

> I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!

So one more season? Didn’t CBS (excuse me the racist eye) just give Selleck
two more years in exchange for slashing the cast and budget?

I wonder if deals like that are entirely one-sided and meaningless or if
they’re having to give him millions to buy him out?

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<1758199625.722215484.680330.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209435&group=rec.arts.tv#209435

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 23:42 UTC

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As per Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-1235627546/
>>

>> I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!
>
> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that, I
> will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still matter.

And that’s got to be Selleck’s doing.

> Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....

And wildly racist

> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I suppose
> I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up together, just to
> prove a babe and a schlub could be together.

Wow. Seriously, that never occurred to me. Has Erin ever liked a guy for
any reason other than his looks?

At the very least
> Danny and Baez ought to get married.

They swing so wildly back-and-forth on that I don’t know what the hell the
idea is. I thought sure they were going a different direction when they
brought back Jennifer Esposito.

If Jamie finally woke up and
> ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake.

I’d like that but he’s way too Catholic.

Also, if it ends
> with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.

They’ve been grooming Jaime to be the new commissioner routinely if
inconsistently.

He still seems too young, but by the end of the last season, the actor will
be almost 50!

But for that to happen, they have to get rid of Eddie. There’s no way
anybody will make Jamie commissioner with a mentally ill wife. And he can’t
divorce her. And they can’t get rid of her with a scandal. Which means she
has to die. Probably heroically in the line of duty. Although a short-lived
illness would garner sympathy.

As much as I like Baker, I just don’t see her in the line of succession.

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<686114655.722216083.457590.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209436&group=rec.arts.tv#209436

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:53 -0700

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
>> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> As per Deadline:
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-12
>>> 35627546/
>>>

>>> I think most of us would agree that this is several years too late!
>>
>> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
>> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that, I
>> will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
>> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still matter.
>> Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>>
>> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I suppose
>> I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up together, just to
>> prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At the very least
>> Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie finally woke up and
>> ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake. Also, if it ends
>> with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.
>
> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does he
> find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!

I like it although I’ve always pictured her being taken down by all those
vermin, she’s trying to help in San Francisco. Ending up, living in the
caves below the city, and breeding the future generation of Morlocks.

Also, can somebody please please please kill her father?

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<1689305842.722216225.692511.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209437&group=rec.arts.tv#209437

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 23:42 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/20/23 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
>>> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that, I
>>> will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
>>> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still matter.
>>> Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>>>
>>> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I suppose
>>> I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up together, just to
>>> prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At the very least
>>> Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie finally woke up and
>>> ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake. Also, if it ends
>>> with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.
>>
>> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
>> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does he
>> find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!
>
> I really like this "twist" - if they did that, I'd actually come back to
> watch the last few episodes!! ;)

I’m looking forward to her father, defending her and her shredding him in
the interview room.

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<20231120231755.000049cc@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209456&group=rec.arts.tv#209456

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 23:17:55 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 04:17 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:28:23 -0800
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
> > "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > As per Deadline:
> > >
> > > https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-12
> > > 35627546/
> > >

> > > I think most of us would agree that this is several years too
> > > late!
> >
> > There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
> > more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that,
> > I will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
> > traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still
> > matter. Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
> >
> > I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I
> > suppose I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up
> > together, just to prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At
> > the very least Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie
> > finally woke up and ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the
> > cake. Also, if it ends with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his
> > successor.
>
> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does
> he find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!

I like it, especially if Danny is forced to shoot her dead rather than
take her into custody!

--
Rhino

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<20231120232322.0000276f@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209457&group=rec.arts.tv#209457

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 23:23:22 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 04:23 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:52 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:55:51 -0800
> > "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> As per Deadline:
> >>
> >> https://deadline.com/2023/11/blue-bloods-end-canceled-season-14-two-parts-1235627546/
> >>

> >> I think most of us would agree that this is several years too
> >> late!
> >
> > There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
> > more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that,
> > I will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
> > traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still
> > matter.
>
> And that’s got to be Selleck’s doing.
>

> > Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>
> And wildly racist
>

> > I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I
> > suppose I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up
> > together, just to prove a babe and a schlub could be together.
>
> Wow. Seriously, that never occurred to me. Has Erin ever liked a guy
> for any reason other than his looks?
>

> At the very least
> > Danny and Baez ought to get married.
>
> They swing so wildly back-and-forth on that I don’t know what the
> hell the idea is. I thought sure they were going a different
> direction when they brought back Jennifer Esposito.
>

> If Jamie finally woke up and
> > ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake.
>
> I’d like that but he’s way too Catholic.
>

> Also, if it ends
> > with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.
> >

> They’ve been grooming Jaime to be the new commissioner routinely if
> inconsistently.
>
> He still seems too young, but by the end of the last season, the
> actor will be almost 50!
>
> But for that to happen, they have to get rid of Eddie. There’s no way
> anybody will make Jamie commissioner with a mentally ill wife. And he
> can’t divorce her. And they can’t get rid of her with a scandal.
> Which means she has to die. Probably heroically in the line of duty.
> Although a short-lived illness would garner sympathy.

As long as she dies, I'm fine with them doing it any way you like.

> As much as I like Baker, I just don’t see her in the line of
> succession.

She's got the smarts and the right moral center plus she's already in
Frank's inner circle. Jamie can follow her when he's a bit older, just
like Frank followed Henry but with someone else in between if I
remember correctly.

--
Rhino

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<ujhbfj$mrib$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209458&group=rec.arts.tv#209458

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:25:23 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 04:25 UTC

On 11/20/23 8:17 PM, Rhino wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:28:23 -0800
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
>>> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that,
>>> I will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
>>> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still
>>> matter. Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>>>
>>> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I
>>> suppose I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up
>>> together, just to prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At
>>> the very least Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie
>>> finally woke up and ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the
>>> cake. Also, if it ends with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his
>>> successor.
>>
>> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
>> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does
>> he find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!
>
> I like it, especially if Danny is forced to shoot her dead rather than
> take her into custody!

Actually, better is if she shoots *him* dead (and maybe Eddie too!!),
before she's taken into custody!!

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<ujhbto$18i$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209463&group=rec.arts.tv#209463

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 04:32:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 04:32 UTC

>> They've been grooming Jaime to be the new commissioner routinely
>> if inconsistently.
>> But for that to happen, they have to get rid of Eddie. There's no way
>> anybody will make Jamie commissioner with a mentally ill wife. And he
>> can't divorce her. And they can't get rid of her with a scandal.
>> Which means she has to die. Probably heroically in the line of duty.
>> Although a short-lived illness would garner sympathy.

"with a mentally ill wife"?

Yoots today, ptfui. Check out Nixon's Attorney General John Mitchell
and his wife, Martha.

Just like with Barbra Streisand, there's a syndrome named after her...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Mitchell_effect

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/martha-mitchell-effect-documentary-meaning

dannyb@panix.com

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<1981604027.722249683.767992.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209477&group=rec.arts.tv#209477

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:07 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>> They've been grooming Jaime to be the new commissioner routinely
>>> if inconsistently.
>>> But for that to happen, they have to get rid of Eddie. There's no way
>>> anybody will make Jamie commissioner with a mentally ill wife. And he
>>> can't divorce her. And they can't get rid of her with a scandal.
>>> Which means she has to die. Probably heroically in the line of duty.
>>> Although a short-lived illness would garner sympathy.
>
> "with a mentally ill wife"?
>
> Yoots today, ptfui. Check out Nixon's Attorney General John Mitchell
> and his wife, Martha.
>
> Just like with Barbra Streisand, there's a syndrome named after her...
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Mitchell_effect
>
> https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/martha-mitchell-effect-documentary-meaning

Yeah, but did anybody know this before the husband took Office?

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<1642484113.722249739.962666.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209478&group=rec.arts.tv#209478

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:07 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/20/23 8:17 PM, Rhino wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:28:23 -0800
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
>>> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does
>>> he find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!
>>
>> I like it, especially if Danny is forced to shoot her dead rather than
>> take her into custody!
>
> Actually, better is if she shoots *him* dead (and maybe Eddie too!!),
> before she's taken into custody!!

As much as I’m looking forward to her mother prosecuting her, this doesn’t
really work for me.

She definitely needs to kill her father. If she he kills Danny and Eddie
that means the last scene is Baez holding her baby all by herself.

That works.

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<1475688653.722249886.341516.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209479&group=rec.arts.tv#209479

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:07 UTC

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:52 -0700
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
>>> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that,
>>> I will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
>>> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still
>>> matter.
>>
>> And that’s got to be Selleck’s doing.
>>

>>> Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>>
>> And wildly racist
>>

>>> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I
>>> suppose I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up
>>> together, just to prove a babe and a schlub could be together.
>>
>> Wow. Seriously, that never occurred to me. Has Erin ever liked a guy
>> for any reason other than his looks?
>>

>> At the very least
>>> Danny and Baez ought to get married.
>>
>> They swing so wildly back-and-forth on that I don’t know what the
>> hell the idea is. I thought sure they were going a different
>> direction when they brought back Jennifer Esposito.
>>

>> If Jamie finally woke up and
>>> ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the cake.
>>
>> I’d like that but he’s way too Catholic.
>>

>> Also, if it ends
>>> with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his successor.
>>>

>> They’ve been grooming Jaime to be the new commissioner routinely if
>> inconsistently.
>>
>> He still seems too young, but by the end of the last season, the
>> actor will be almost 50!
>>
>> But for that to happen, they have to get rid of Eddie. There’s no way
>> anybody will make Jamie commissioner with a mentally ill wife. And he
>> can’t divorce her. And they can’t get rid of her with a scandal.
>> Which means she has to die. Probably heroically in the line of duty.
>> Although a short-lived illness would garner sympathy.
>>
> As long as she dies, I'm fine with them doing it any way you like.
>
>> As much as I like Baker, I just don’t see her in the line of
>> succession.
>>

> She's got the smarts and the right moral center plus she's already in
> Frank's inner circle. Jamie can follow her when he's a bit older, just
> like Frank followed Henry but with someone else in between if I
> remember correctly.

As I mentioned earlier, Jamie’s almost too damn old at this point!

The problem with Baker is I just don’t see the mayor appointing a female
police detective who’s been working as a glorified receptionist for the
last 15 years. Besides, you need her where she is to keep the office
running.

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<610551768.722250061.445862.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209480&group=rec.arts.tv#209480

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:07 UTC

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:28:23 -0800
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <20231120143332.00002d6f@example.com>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> There's no doubt in my mind that the writers have been doing little
>>> more than phoning it in for the last several seasons. Despite that,
>>> I will miss it once it's gone because it at least pretended that
>>> traditional values like freedom, free speech, and family still
>>> matter. Whatever replaces it is likely to be "woker than woke"....
>>>
>>> I wonder what the final season will bring for the characters? I
>>> suppose I'm still hoping to see Erin and end Anthony end up
>>> together, just to prove a babe and a schlub could be together. At
>>> the very least Danny and Baez ought to get married. If Jamie
>>> finally woke up and ditched Eddie (sp?) that would be icing on the
>>> cake. Also, if it ends with Frank retiring, Baker has to become his
>>> successor.
>>
>> I want them to bring back Erin's daughter, but have her be a secret
>> serial killer that Danny has to bring down and only at the end does
>> he find out the Manhattan Cannibal is his own niece Nicky!
>
> I like it, especially if Danny is forced to shoot her dead rather than
> take her into custody!

And then the last shot is a flashback of her singing “me my shadow“ with
Henry at the talent show all those years ago.

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<20231121092544.00002972@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209496&group=rec.arts.tv#209496

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:25:45 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:25 UTC

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:49 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:42:52 -0700
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> And that’s got to be Selleck’s doing.

> >> And wildly racist

> >> Wow. Seriously, that never occurred to me. Has Erin ever liked a
> >> guy for any reason other than his looks?
> >>

> >> At the very least
> >>
> >> They swing so wildly back-and-forth on that I don’t know what the
> >> hell the idea is. I thought sure they were going a different
> >> direction when they brought back Jennifer Esposito.
> >>

> >> If Jamie finally woke up and
> >>
> >> I’d like that but he’s way too Catholic.
> >>

> >> Also, if it ends
> >>>

> >> They’ve been grooming Jaime to be the new commissioner routinely if
> >> inconsistently.
> >>
> >> He still seems too young, but by the end of the last season, the
> >> actor will be almost 50!
> >>
> >> But for that to happen, they have to get rid of Eddie. There’s no
> >> way anybody will make Jamie commissioner with a mentally ill wife.
> >> And he can’t divorce her. And they can’t get rid of her with a
> >> scandal. Which means she has to die. Probably heroically in the
> >> line of duty. Although a short-lived illness would garner sympathy.
> >>
> > As long as she dies, I'm fine with them doing it any way you like.
> >
> >> As much as I like Baker, I just don’t see her in the line of
> >> succession.
> >>

> > She's got the smarts and the right moral center plus she's already
> > in Frank's inner circle. Jamie can follow her when he's a bit
> > older, just like Frank followed Henry but with someone else in
> > between if I remember correctly.
>
> As I mentioned earlier, Jamie’s almost too damn old at this point!

He also lacks the years of upper management of the career bureaucrat
that most office holder must have.

> The problem with Baker is I just don’t see the mayor appointing a
> female police detective who’s been working as a glorified
> receptionist for the last 15 years. Besides, you need her where she
> is to keep the office running.

The fact that she's a woman is probably an advantage in terms of
appealing to the feminists and other "progressives". But yeah,
glorified receptionist may well be the way she is perceived. Mind you,
I have the feeling she "got things done" in other respects although
this is almost never mentioned.

--
Rhino

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<808285309.722276452.970296.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209513&group=rec.arts.tv#209513

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:49:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 16:49 UTC

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:49 -0700
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> As long as she dies, I'm fine with them doing it any way you like.

>>> She's got the smarts and the right moral center plus she's already
>>> in Frank's inner circle. Jamie can follow her when he's a bit
>>> older, just like Frank followed Henry but with someone else in
>>> between if I remember correctly.
>>
>> As I mentioned earlier, Jamie’s almost too damn old at this point!
>>
> He also lacks the years of upper management of the career bureaucrat
> that most office holder must have.

Oh, I agree, he’s way under ranked and way underqualified, but I still
think he’s the only reasonable possibility.

>> The problem with Baker is I just don’t see the mayor appointing a
>> female police detective who’s been working as a glorified
>> receptionist for the last 15 years. Besides, you need her where she
>> is to keep the office running.
>>
> The fact that she's a woman is probably an advantage in terms of
> appealing to the feminists and other "progressives". But yeah,
> glorified receptionist may well be the way she is perceived. Mind you,
> I have the feeling she "got things done" in other respects although
> this is almost never mentioned.

We’ve seen her meet, people secretly out of the office to convey messages
that couldn’t be given via official channels.

Re: News (for the group!): BLUE BLOODS To End With Season 14

<20231121181158.00007cf5@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209560&group=rec.arts.tv#209560

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 18:11:58 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 23:11 UTC

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:49:29 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:07:49 -0700
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> As I mentioned earlier, Jamie’s almost too damn old at this point!
> >>
> > He also lacks the years of upper management of the career bureaucrat
> > that most office holder must have.
>
> Oh, I agree, he’s way under ranked and way underqualified, but I still
> think he’s the only reasonable possibility.
>

> >> The problem with Baker is I just don’t see the mayor appointing a
> >> female police detective who’s been working as a glorified
> >> receptionist for the last 15 years. Besides, you need her where she
> >> is to keep the office running.
> >>
> > The fact that she's a woman is probably an advantage in terms of
> > appealing to the feminists and other "progressives". But yeah,
> > glorified receptionist may well be the way she is perceived. Mind
> > you, I have the feeling she "got things done" in other respects
> > although this is almost never mentioned.
>
> We’ve seen her meet, people secretly out of the office to convey
> messages that couldn’t be given via official channels.

Exactly. It's possible to imagine that this is just the tip of the
iceberg in terms of what she actually does. We can picture her involved
in all sorts of backroom stuff that might be very influential. For all
we know, she might also be very active in committees that recommend
changes to police procedures or things like that. She *could* actually
be quite a major player in her own way, even if we rarely see that in
the show. They could potentially show more of that in the final season
to justify her ascent to the top job if they wanted to.

Not that I actually expect that to happen. I don't think these writers
have nearly that much imagination.

--
Rhino