From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Guy crashes car, so they suspend "Top Gear?"
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 22:31:25 -0500
 by: Rhino - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 03:31 UTC

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:13:13 -0800 (PST)
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Only in England where overreaction is a thing. Suspend a whole show
> after decades because one incompetent crashed his car?
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67333907

The guy who crashed the car was apparently a key on-air element of the
show and received life-altering injuries. From the only post-accident
photo they published, he's presumably not yet fully recovered otherwise
he wouldn't be wearing that hat, which looks like it is hiding
injuries. They apparently also have to follow more rigorous safety
procedures which they are still trying to figure out and will take
time. A hiatus seems pretty reasonable to me.

--
Rhino