From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Mayor Eric Adams is now a sexual assault defendant
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:19:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:19 UTC

In the wake of the Bill Cosby lawsuits, New York temporarily extended
the statute of limitations indefinitely to file claims of sexual
assault, but the time to file expired Wednesday November 22 2023.

AP didn't name the plaintiff. She accused Eric Adams, now mayor of New
York, then a transit police officer, of committing sexual assault
against her in 1993 while they both worked for the city. I'm not sure what
his rank was. The lawsuit is for $5 million.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-mayor-adams-sexual-assault-summons-0b939f75cb34848cc7f6b0ffdae1c7e8

I've said this before: I support the statute of limitations in the
interest of justice. It's just too difficult to defend against
accusations from very long ago in which the injured party made no
attempt to file a criminal complaint or file a lawsuit for personal
injury within some reasonable amount of time. Yes, I understand there
were reasons why victims didn't come forward within that reasonable
amount of time but that doesn't change that justice must work for the
defendant as well as the victim.

The New York law was inevitably going to lead to bad results. I'll bet
there were zero lawsuits filed against men who aren't either very
wealthy or very well known today.

Re: Mayor Eric Adams is now a sexual assault defendant

<5go1mi56qdbihob01euf14e46vtijf35f1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209879&group=rec.arts.tv#209879

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 12:49:54 -0500
 by: NoBody - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:49 UTC

On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:19:13 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>In the wake of the Bill Cosby lawsuits, New York temporarily extended
>the statute of limitations indefinitely to file claims of sexual
>assault, but the time to file expired Wednesday November 22 2023.
>
>AP didn't name the plaintiff. She accused Eric Adams, now mayor of New
>York, then a transit police officer, of committing sexual assault
>against her in 1993 while they both worked for the city. I'm not sure what
>his rank was. The lawsuit is for $5 million.
>
>https://apnews.com/article/new-york-mayor-adams-sexual-assault-summons-0b939f75cb34848cc7f6b0ffdae1c7e8
>
>I've said this before: I support the statute of limitations in the
>interest of justice. It's just too difficult to defend against
>accusations from very long ago in which the injured party made no
>attempt to file a criminal complaint or file a lawsuit for personal
>injury within some reasonable amount of time. Yes, I understand there
>were reasons why victims didn't come forward within that reasonable
>amount of time but that doesn't change that justice must work for the
>defendant as well as the victim.
>
>The New York law was inevitably going to lead to bad results. I'll bet
>there were zero lawsuits filed against men who aren't either very
>wealthy or very well known today.

This was predictable. He went after Biden's border policies and this
is the payback.

Re: Mayor Eric Adams is now a sexual assault defendant

<ujs11c$2mr37$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209961&group=rec.arts.tv#209961

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 05:34:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 05:34 UTC

And the hits just keep on coming.

Note that the temporary extention of the statute of limitations applies
to the Diddy lawsuit and not the others.

Andrew Cuomo
https://apnews.com/article/cuomo-sexual-harassment-lawsuit-adult-survivors-act-8579d31eb65a71cd9ae64acbb90398c7

Diddy
https://apnews.com/article/sean-combs-diddy-sexual-assault-c8dd081e5d60c88062d0328b9476802d

Jamie Foxx
https://apnews.com/article/jamie-foxx-lawsuit-sexual-assault-a975a9b48b94b91db39c9fcb0fcc3517

I keep missing news stories about men who aren't celebrities being sued
under the temporary extension of the statute of limitations.