To get back on your feet, miss two car payments.

arts / rec.arts.tv / NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

SubjectAuthor
* NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachBTR1701
+* Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachAdam H. Kerman
| +- Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachBTR1701
|  `- Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government OverreachUbiquitous
`- Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreachtrotsky

1
NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<atropos-3C37B3.14355323112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209819&group=rec.arts.tv#209819

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 14:35:53 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:35 UTC

The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".

This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
virus or infection they deem necessary.

Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
approved for human use.

I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
doesn't think this is a cool idea.

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<ujok9f$20hu0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209820&group=rec.arts.tv#209820

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:38:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:38 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
>Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".

>This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
>home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
>virus or infection they deem necessary.

>Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
>not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
>they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
>or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
>you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
>approved for human use.

Ouch. But that sound illegal under federal law.

How did this get into court? Was there an actual family quarantined?

>I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
>doesn't think this is a cool idea.

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<612ab78f-2a5c-4e50-bc7b-99dc72a5372en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209837&group=rec.arts.tv#209837

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 17:19:22 -0800 (PST)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 01:19 UTC

On Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 5:32:41 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:

> The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
> Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".
>
> This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
> home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
> virus or infection they deem necessary.
>
> Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
> not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
> they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
> or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
> you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
> approved for human use.
>
> I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
> doesn't think this is a cool idea.

Have they tried to declare Super Mega Maga Republicans a disease yet?
--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<ujp8gs$26qbn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209845&group=rec.arts.tv#209845

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 04:23:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 04:23 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
>>Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".

>>This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
>>home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
>>virus or infection they deem necessary.

>>Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
>>not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
>>they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
>>or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
>>you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
>>approved for human use.

>Ouch. But that sound illegal under federal law.

>How did this get into court? Was there an actual family quarantined?

>>I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
>>doesn't think this is a cool idea.

I found an article from a year ago about the appeal. Looks like they won
at trial, lost the appeal.

The issue wasn't liberty but separation of powers as the health code
gave the governor no such power.

He (well she) must have those powers based on an unwritten part of the
constitution.

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<ujp8qd$26qbn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209846&group=rec.arts.tv#209846

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 04:29:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 04:29 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>>The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
>>>Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".
>
>>>This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
>>>home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
>>>virus or infection they deem necessary.
>
>>>Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
>>>not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
>>>they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
>>>or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
>>>you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
>>>approved for human use.
>
>>Ouch. But that sound illegal under federal law.
>
>>How did this get into court? Was there an actual family quarantined?
>
>>>I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
>>>doesn't think this is a cool idea.
>
>I found an article from a year ago about the appeal. Looks like they won
>at trial, lost the appeal.
>
>The issue wasn't liberty but separation of powers as the health code
>gave the governor no such power.
>
>He (well she) must have those powers based on an unwritten part of the
>constitution.

https://www.news10.com/news/ny-ag-appealing-isolation-and-quarantine-decision/

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<atropos-48382E.21215423112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209848&group=rec.arts.tv#209848

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.samoylyk.net!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:21:55 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 05:21 UTC

In article <ujp8gs$26qbn$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> >BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >>The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
> >>Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".
>
> >>This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
> >>home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
> >>virus or infection they deem necessary.
>
> >>Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
> >>not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
> >>they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
> >>or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
> >>you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
> >>approved for human use.
>
> >Ouch. But that sound illegal under federal law.
>
> >How did this get into court? Was there an actual family quarantined?
>
> >>I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
> >>doesn't think this is a cool idea.
>
> I found an article from a year ago about the appeal. Looks like they won
> at trial, lost the appeal.
>
> The issue wasn't liberty but separation of powers as the health code
> gave the governor no such power.
>
> He (well she) must have those powers based on an unwritten part of the
> constitution.

The MoviePig 14.5 strikes again!

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<ujpc5a$275od$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209849&group=rec.arts.tv#209849

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 05:26:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 05:26 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <ujp8gs$26qbn$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> >Ouch. But that sound illegal under federal law.
>>
>> >How did this get into court? Was there an actual family quarantined?

>> I found an article from a year ago about the appeal. Looks like they won
>> at trial, lost the appeal.
>>
>> The issue wasn't liberty but separation of powers as the health code
>> gave the governor no such power.
>>
>> He (well she) must have those powers based on an unwritten part of the
>> constitution.
>
>The MoviePig 14.5 strikes again!

Hehehehehe

Re: NY Apellate Division: Landmark Case of Government Overreach

<fJ38N.109096$BbXa.73763@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=209864&group=rec.arts.tv#209864

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 09:56:58 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:56 UTC

On 11/23/23 4:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> The New York State Appellate Division has upheld the validity of NY
> Public Health Law Rule 2.13: "Isolation and Quarantine Procedures".
>
> This code gives the state of New York the authority to come into your
> home and force you into a quarantine camp with no notice and for any
> virus or infection they deem necessary.
>
> Options to fight it are limited to procedural violations and remedy does
> not include release from custody. There is no time limit on how long
> they can hold you, even if you're disease and symptom-free after weeks
> or months. The government is also allowed to force medical treatments on
> you, to include use of drugs and vaccines that have not been legally
> approved for human use.
>
> I'm sure California won't be far behind. No way Newsom looks at this and
> doesn't think this is a cool idea.

When will you and the Oath Keepers be taking this to the Supreme Court
for a potential laugh fest?