"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." -- Albert Einstein

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Nobody gets MAX

SubjectAuthor
* Nobody gets MAXanim8rfsk
+- Re: Nobody gets MAXshawn
`* Re: Nobody gets MAXIan J. Ball
 +* Re: Nobody gets MAXshawn
 |`- Re: Nobody gets MAXanim8rfsk
 +* Re: Nobody gets MAXEGK
 |+- Re: Nobody gets MAXBTR1701
 |`- Re: Nobody gets MAXThe Horny Goat
 `- Re: Nobody gets MAXanim8rfsk

1
Nobody gets MAX

<1875967464.722764617.960320.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210116&group=rec.arts.tv#210116

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Nobody gets MAX
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 01:02:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:02 UTC

But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
available to them.

Apparently Disney+ is only getting the crap that comes after the current
crap fest.

And you have to go to BritBox to see the original classic series.

So you need three screamers if you want to watch it all.

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<7vj8mittni9kalsjssppj63higi9ejqurs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210117&group=rec.arts.tv#210117

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nobody gets MAX
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 03:15:37 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:15 UTC

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 01:02:07 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
>available to them.

I get Max.. Free of charge. No ads.

Helps to be an AT&T Fiber Internet customer.

>Apparently Disney+ is only getting the crap that comes after the current
>crap fest.
>
>And you have to go to BritBox to see the original classic series.
>
>So you need three screamers if you want to watch it all.

Or you could be like me and have everything recorded.

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<uk28ht$3po24$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210120&group=rec.arts.tv#210120

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 06:19:40 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:19 UTC

On 11/27/23 12:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
> available to them.

Huh... I've never seen the Eccleston season.

I would like to watch it, but it would be pretty far down my list right now.

> Apparently Disney+ is only getting the crap that comes after the current
> crap fest.

So, who has between 2005 and now? Is it Disney+? Or no one?!

> And you have to go to BritBox to see the original classic series.
>
> So you need three screamers if you want to watch it all.

My sister apparently has BritBox (in Canada, at least!). I refuse to stoop!!

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<vjf9midao07qsis6aofq4bnpmbq4i270n4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210126&group=rec.arts.tv#210126

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 11:16:27 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:16 UTC

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 06:19:40 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 11/27/23 12:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
>> available to them.
>
>Huh... I've never seen the Eccleston season.
>
>I would like to watch it, but it would be pretty far down my list right now.

Some people don't like Eccleston but I thought it was a great
introduction to new Who. I wish he had decided to stick around for
another season or two, but sadly that wasn't going to be the case.

>> Apparently Disney+ is only getting the crap that comes after the current
>> crap fest.
>
>So, who has between 2005 and now? Is it Disney+? Or no one?!

Ah, there's been a misunderstanding here. MAX has the first 13 seasons
of the 2005 DOCTOR WHO. So if you want to see Eccleston as Doctor Who
you will need to get Max, at the moment. HBO Max (just sounds better
to me) also has TORCHWOOD and THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES.
So it's the better streaming site for DOCTOR WHO in my estimation.

That may change in the future as if I were Disney and serious about
keeping DOCTOR WHO I would try and get all of Doctor Who if I could.
As imagine the contract for these shows has an expiration date at
which time Disney could swoop in, if they wanted.

>> And you have to go to BritBox to see the original classic series.
>>
>> So you need three screamers if you want to watch it all.
>
>My sister apparently has BritBox (in Canada, at least!). I refuse to stoop!!

Ah, that isn't the case at all. Just looked up Doctor Who Classic on
the Googlemeister. Turns out that the show is available on Britbox
with subscription, on Roku with premium subscription and for free on
Tubi. So there's no need to pay unless you want some sort of premium
experience.

I wonder if all three will also get the colorized Hartnell episodes. I
just saw an image from the colorized version and thought it was
horrific but I'm sure some people will love it.

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<kih9mihfhng87f45jd19b1vuilm4m5geae@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210132&group=rec.arts.tv#210132

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 11:43:09 -0500
 by: EGK - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:43 UTC

wrote:

>On 11/27/23 12:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
>> available to them.
>
>Huh... I've never seen the Eccleston season.

He's still my favorite Doctor of the new ones because he played the role
serious and I loved Billie Piper as Rose in that season.

The show wasn't so woke back then like the new episode where the Doctor
asked the alien, Meep, what pronoun he used? ugghhhh

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<1810553866.722796116.874501.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210136&group=rec.arts.tv#210136

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:46:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 17:46 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/27/23 12:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
>> available to them.
>
> Huh... I've never seen the Eccleston season.

I liked it a lot.

> I would like to watch it, but it would be pretty far down my list right now.
>
>> Apparently Disney+ is only getting the crap that comes after the current
>> crap fest.
>
> So, who has between 2005 and now? Is it Disney+? Or no one?!

Max has 2005 to 2022. Disney+ will only have from this weekend’s special
forward.

>> And you have to go to BritBox to see the original classic series.
>>
>> So you need three screamers if you want to watch it all.
>
> My sister apparently has BritBox (in Canada, at least!). I refuse to stoop!!

I’d watch death in Paradise and Miss Scarlet and the Duke but I’m not gonna
pay just for that

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<135547872.722796294.033422.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210137&group=rec.arts.tv#210137

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:46:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 17:46 UTC

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 06:19:40 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/23 12:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>
>>> But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
>>> available to them.
>>
>> Huh... I've never seen the Eccleston season.
>>
>> I would like to watch it, but it would be pretty far down my list right now.
>

> Some people don't like Eccleston but I thought it was a great
> introduction to new Who. I wish he had decided to stick around for
> another season or two, but sadly that wasn't going to be the case.

I liked his season a lot. I too wish he had done more, but maybe if he had
done more, we would miss him less. It’s possible we’re looking at him with
Rose colored glasses.

>>> Apparently Disney+ is only getting the crap that comes after the current
>>> crap fest.
>>
>> So, who has between 2005 and now? Is it Disney+? Or no one?!
>>
> Ah, there's been a misunderstanding here. MAX has the first 13 seasons
> of the 2005 DOCTOR WHO. So if you want to see Eccleston as Doctor Who
> you will need to get Max, at the moment. HBO Max (just sounds better
> to me) also has TORCHWOOD and THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES.
> So it's the better streaming site for DOCTOR WHO in my estimation.

Excellent I did not know that! Thanks!

> That may change in the future as if I were Disney and serious about
> keeping DOCTOR WHO I would try and get all of Doctor Who if I could.
> As imagine the contract for these shows has an expiration date at
> which time Disney could swoop in, if they wanted.
>
>>> And you have to go to BritBox to see the original classic series.
>>>
>>> So you need three screamers if you want to watch it all.
>>
>> My sister apparently has BritBox (in Canada, at least!). I refuse to stoop!!
>>

> Ah, that isn't the case at all. Just looked up Doctor Who Classic on
> the Googlemeister. Turns out that the show is available on Britbox
> with subscription, on Roku with premium subscription and for free on
> Tubi. So there's no need to pay unless you want some sort of premium
> experience.

The peach just told me about Roku, thanks for that. The article I was
reading, said BritBox was the only access to classic. Journalists. Ptui.

> I wonder if all three will also get the colorized Hartnell episodes. I
> just saw an image from the colorized version and thought it was
> horrific but I'm sure some people will love it.

Yeah, the mouth breathers are all hot about colorization now again
including the Gerry Anderson stuff. And it all looks like the same crap
it’s always looked like.

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<FLqdnec_MIrgQvn4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210140&group=rec.arts.tv#210140

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 18:27:09 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 18:27 UTC

On Nov 27, 2023 at 8:43:09 AM PST, "EGK" <memyself@null.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 06:19:40 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/23 12:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>
>>> But if they did, they’d find the first 13 seasons of Doctor Who 2005
>>> available to them.
>>
>> Huh... I've never seen the Eccleston season.
>
> He's still my favorite Doctor of the new ones because he played the role
> serious and I loved Billie Piper as Rose in that season.
>
> The show wasn't so woke back then like the new episode where the Doctor
> asked the alien, Meep, what pronoun he used? ugghhhh

Yep. I posted about this very thing in another thread:

All of the trans-testicle crap ruined it for me. The only way they could have
made Donna Noble even worse is to give her a troon kid. I swear that scene at
the end with Donna and the kid holding hands and glowing, I fully expected
them to say something like "Transgender powers activate!"

And now the Doctor himself is a "male-presenting Time Lord". Good grief...

And didn't the TARDIS used to be nigh-on indestructible? Now all it takes to
make it blow its top is for an annoying middle-aged British shrew to slop some
coffee on the control console?

Of all the companions they could bring back, why oh why was it her? I mean,
the Impossible Girl is still out there, just as impossibly cute as she ever
was. And Pond. And I bet they could even convince Hi-Ho to take a few trips
in the TARDIS. I'm just sayin'..

Re: Nobody gets MAX

<0dp9mi9s1ttqrcv80120sqnm629u2mdta4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210144&group=rec.arts.tv#210144

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:53:40 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 18:53 UTC

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 11:43:09 -0500, EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>He's still my favorite Doctor of the new ones because he played the role
>serious and I loved Billie Piper as Rose in that season.

Ah yes - she's the reason I watched then and don't now...