He who minds his own business is never unemployed.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023Robin Miller
+* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023anim8rfsk
|`* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023shawn
| `- Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023anim8rfsk
`* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023shawn
 |`* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023anim8rfsk
 | `* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023shawn
 |  `- Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023anim8rfsk
 `* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023anim8rfsk
  `* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023shawn
   +- Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023Adam H. Kerman
   `* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023BTR1701
    `* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023shawn
     `- Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023anim8rfsk

1
Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<ksfejoFsaq9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210038&group=rec.arts.tv#210038

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 18:34:08 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:34 UTC

Previously released:

An Instant Dad (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 23)

When a serial bachelor's 10-year-old daughter suddenly appears on his
doorstep, he must open his heart and learn to be a father. Nigerian
film; 1h 19m. Not on IMDb.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81735230

Dampyr (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)

During the Balkan war, a human with vampire blood harnesses his powers
to confront an entity formidable enough to threaten mortals and
immortals alike. 2022 Italian film; 1h 49m.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81716649

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10315050/ [rating 5.3]

Pulimada (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)

After being left at the altar, an embittered police officer preys on a
stranded tourist -- while a deadly tiger in the area adds another layer
of menace. 2023 Indian film; 1hr 47m.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81726744

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28337918/

Saturday, Nov. 25

Doctor Who: The Star Beast (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)

The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
will arrive sometime next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk

Christmas in Notting Hill (movie) (6 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Famous soccer star, Graham Savoy (William Moseley), has always been too
busy for love, but when he comes home to Notting Hill for Christmas, he
changes his mind after meeting Georgia (Sarah Ramos) – a visiting
American and the one person who has no idea who he is.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-in-notting-hill

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29233347/

Byron Allen Presents theGrio Awards (special) (8-10 pm, CBS)

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/cbs-byron-allen-presents-thegrio-awards-1235774556/

Christmas at the Chalet (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When ex TV host and socialite Lex (Teri Hatcher) finds herself faced
with the possibility of spending Christmas sharing a luxury chalet with
her son, ex-husband, and his new girlfriend, she volunteers to work in
the chalet to avoid things getting too close to home, while documenting
her every move for a new wave of followers who are loving this new
chapter of her life. William DeVry co-stars.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/christmas-at-the-chalet

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29007820/

Haul Out the Holly: Lit Up (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

As the holidays approach, Emily and Jared are looking forward to
celebrating the holidays together again, this time as a couple. Emily,
now embracing Evergreen Lane’s uniquely festive spirit, is ready to work
with Jared, Ned, Mary Louise and Pamela to make this year’s Christmas
celebrations the best yet – even if being the HOA president’s girlfriend
doesn’t stop those dreaded decorating citations. When a house on the
block goes up for sale, it causes quite a stir with residents. When the
soon-to-be neighbors turn out to be holiday royalty, it looks like this
year’s competition is about to heat up. As the welcoming committee
prepares for the new arrivals, only one thing is certain – this
Christmas, Evergreen Lane is going to sleigh! Stars Lacey Chabert, Wes
Brown, Stephen Tobolowsky, Ellen Travolta, Melissa Peterman, Seth
Morris, and Jennifer Aspen.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/haul-out-the-holly-lit-up

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28492358/

Sequel to 2022's "Haul Out the Holly":
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21359036/

A Royal Date for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Bella Sparks (Danica McKellar), owner of Bella Sparks Couture, takes on
a demanding new client “Stefan” (Damon Runyan) to outfit for a week of
high stakes meetings and events after his luggage goes missing. Stefan
asks Bella to be his “official plus one” for many of the formal soirees,
a request Bella accepts with good humor. Imagine Bella’s reaction when
she accidentally discovers “Stefan” is Stefan William Francis Brown, the
Duke of Tangford.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/a-royal-date-for-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28188089/

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<1622738831.722658619.662586.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210049&group=rec.arts.tv#210049

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:39:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 02:39 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Previously released:
>

> An Instant Dad (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 23)
>
> When a serial bachelor's 10-year-old daughter suddenly appears on his
> doorstep, he must open his heart and learn to be a father. Nigerian
> film; 1h 19m. Not on IMDb.

Starting Bill Bixby with Karen Jensen as the hot neighbor.

> Dampyr (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)
>
> During the Balkan war, a human with vampire blood harnesses his powers
> to confront an entity formidable enough to threaten mortals and
> immortals alike. 2022 Italian film; 1h 49m.

The damp vampire?

> Pulimada (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)
>
> After being left at the altar, an embittered police officer preys on a
> stranded tourist -- while a deadly tiger in the area adds another layer
> of menace. 2023 Indian film; 1hr 47m.

So I should pay for Netflix to watch bad Metro copies of bad old American
made for TV films?

> Saturday, Nov. 25
>

> Doctor Who: The Star Beast (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
> will arrive sometime next year.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk

Not reading that until later. I’ll give it a look.

> Byron Allen Presents theGrio Awards (special) (8-10 pm, CBS)

Who the what now?

> Christmas at the Chalet (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When ex TV host and socialite Lex (Teri Hatcher) finds herself faced
> with the possibility of spending Christmas sharing a luxury chalet with
> her son, ex-husband, and his new girlfriend, she volunteers to work in
> the chalet to avoid things getting too close to home, while documenting
> her every move for a new wave of followers who are loving this new
> chapter of her life. William DeVry co-stars.

That sounds… Incredibly stupid.

> A Royal Date for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

GAC!

> Bella Sparks (Danica McKellar), owner of Bella Sparks Couture, takes on
> a demanding new client “Stefan” (Damon Runyan) to outfit for a week of
> high stakes meetings and events after his luggage goes missing. Stefan
> asks Bella to be his “official plus one” for many of the formal soirees,
> a request Bella accepts with good humor. Imagine Bella’s reaction when
> she accidentally discovers “Stefan” is Stefan William Francis Brown, the
> Duke of Tangford.

Together, they fight crime!

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<jfc5midmfr1gtfld31elqcirk7pb5k3m88@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210051&group=rec.arts.tv#210051

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 21:50:43 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 02:50 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:39:59 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>

>> Previously released:
>>

>> An Instant Dad (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 23)
>>
>> When a serial bachelor's 10-year-old daughter suddenly appears on his
>> doorstep, he must open his heart and learn to be a father. Nigerian
>> film; 1h 19m. Not on IMDb.
>
>Starting Bill Bixby with Karen Jensen as the hot neighbor.
>

>> Dampyr (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)
>>
>> During the Balkan war, a human with vampire blood harnesses his powers
>> to confront an entity formidable enough to threaten mortals and
>> immortals alike. 2022 Italian film; 1h 49m.
>
>The damp vampire?

Followed by the Slightly Moist Vampire.

>> Pulimada (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)
>>
>> After being left at the altar, an embittered police officer preys on a
>> stranded tourist -- while a deadly tiger in the area adds another layer
>> of menace. 2023 Indian film; 1hr 47m.
>
>So I should pay for Netflix to watch bad Metro copies of bad old American
>made for TV films?
>

>*****************************************************************************************
>>
>> Saturday, Nov. 25
>>

>> Doctor Who: The Star Beast (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
>> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
>> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
>> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
>> will arrive sometime next year.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk
>
>Not reading that until later. I’ll give it a look.
>

>> Byron Allen Presents theGrio Awards (special) (8-10 pm, CBS)
>>

>Who the what now?

The Grio Awards. Everyone knows the Grio Awards right?
(I had to look it up and promptly forgot what they were for. I think
it's to support people of color, but wouldn't swear to it without
looking it up.)

>> Christmas at the Chalet (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> When ex TV host and socialite Lex (Teri Hatcher) finds herself faced
>> with the possibility of spending Christmas sharing a luxury chalet with
>> her son, ex-husband, and his new girlfriend, she volunteers to work in
>> the chalet to avoid things getting too close to home, while documenting
>> her every move for a new wave of followers who are loving this new
>> chapter of her life. William DeVry co-stars.
>
>That sounds… Incredibly stupid.

>> A Royal Date for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
>> Family)
>
>GAC!
>

>> Bella Sparks (Danica McKellar), owner of Bella Sparks Couture, takes on
>> a demanding new client “Stefan” (Damon Runyan) to outfit for a week of
>> high stakes meetings and events after his luggage goes missing. Stefan
>> asks Bella to be his “official plus one” for many of the formal soirees,
>> a request Bella accepts with good humor. Imagine Bella’s reaction when
>> she accidentally discovers “Stefan” is Stefan William Francis Brown, the
>> Duke of Tangford.
>
>Together, they fight crime!
>
>*****************************************************************************************

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<ujugt0$35a4n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210053&group=rec.arts.tv#210053

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:17:36 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 04:17 UTC

On 11/25/23 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>         Saturday, Nov. 25
>

> Doctor Who: The Star Beast        (special)         (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
> will arrive sometime next year.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk

Pass.

> Christmas in Notting Hill        (movie)       (6 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Famous soccer star, Graham Savoy (William Moseley), has always been too
> busy for love, but when he comes home to Notting Hill for Christmas, he
> changes his mind after meeting Georgia (Sarah Ramos) – a visiting
> American and the one person who has no idea who he is.

I like Sarah Ramos, but I already missed this...

> Christmas at the Chalet     (movie)        (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When ex TV host and socialite Lex (Teri Hatcher) finds herself faced
> with the possibility of spending Christmas sharing a luxury chalet with
> her son, ex-husband, and his new girlfriend, she volunteers to work in
> the chalet to avoid things getting too close to home, while documenting
> her every move for a new wave of followers who are loving this new
> chapter of her life. William DeVry co-stars.

Nah.

> Haul Out the Holly: Lit Up         (movie)         (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> As the holidays approach, Emily and Jared are looking forward to
> celebrating the holidays together again, this time as a couple. Emily,
> now embracing Evergreen Lane’s uniquely festive spirit, is ready to work
> with Jared, Ned, Mary Louise and Pamela to make this year’s Christmas
> celebrations the best yet – even if being the HOA president’s girlfriend
> doesn’t stop those dreaded decorating citations. When a house on the
> block goes up for sale, it causes quite a stir with residents. When the
> soon-to-be neighbors turn out to be holiday royalty, it looks like this
> year’s competition is about to heat up. As the welcoming committee
> prepares for the new arrivals, only one thing is certain – this
> Christmas, Evergreen Lane is going to sleigh! Stars Lacey Chabert, Wes
> Brown, Stephen Tobolowsky, Ellen Travolta, Melissa Peterman, Seth
> Morris, and Jennifer Aspen.

No.

> A Royal Date for Christmas         (movie)       (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Bella Sparks (Danica McKellar), owner of Bella Sparks Couture, takes on
> a demanding new client “Stefan” (Damon Runyan) to outfit for a week of
> high stakes meetings and events after his luggage goes missing. Stefan
> asks Bella to be his “official plus one” for many of the formal soirees,
> a request Bella accepts with good humor. Imagine Bella’s reaction when
> she accidentally discovers “Stefan” is Stefan William Francis Brown, the
> Duke of Tangford.

And, no.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<gli5mi990o46v947kks7l817ju5vn8sun6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210054&group=rec.arts.tv#210054

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:35:15 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 04:35 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:17:36 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 11/25/23 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>         Saturday, Nov. 25
>>

>> Doctor Who: The Star Beast        (special)         (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
>> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
>> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
>> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
>> will arrive sometime next year.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk
>
>Pass.

It was okay until they got to that "male presenting" comment. That was
so out of tune with the rest of the episode and felt thrown in just to
say "hey, we know how important the 'woke' message is."

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<329215717.722667342.109306.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210056&group=rec.arts.tv#210056

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 05:14 UTC

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:39:59 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>

>>> Previously released:
>>>

>>> An Instant Dad (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 23)
>>>
>>> When a serial bachelor's 10-year-old daughter suddenly appears on his
>>> doorstep, he must open his heart and learn to be a father. Nigerian
>>> film; 1h 19m. Not on IMDb.
>>
>> Starting Bill Bixby with Karen Jensen as the hot neighbor.
>>

>>> Dampyr (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)
>>>
>>> During the Balkan war, a human with vampire blood harnesses his powers
>>> to confront an entity formidable enough to threaten mortals and
>>> immortals alike. 2022 Italian film; 1h 49m.
>>
>> The damp vampire?
>>
> Followed by the Slightly Moist Vampire.
>

>>> Pulimada (movie) (Netflix, Nov. 22)
>>>
>>> After being left at the altar, an embittered police officer preys on a
>>> stranded tourist -- while a deadly tiger in the area adds another layer
>>> of menace. 2023 Indian film; 1hr 47m.
>>
>> So I should pay for Netflix to watch bad Metro copies of bad old American
>> made for TV films?
>>

>> *****************************************************************************************
>>>
>>> Saturday, Nov. 25
>>>

>>> Doctor Who: The Star Beast (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>>
>>> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
>>> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
>>> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
>>> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
>>> will arrive sometime next year.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk
>>
>> Not reading that until later. I’ll give it a look.
>>

>>> Byron Allen Presents theGrio Awards (special) (8-10 pm, CBS)
>>>

>> Who the what now?
>
> The Grio Awards. Everyone knows the Grio Awards right?
> (I had to look it up and promptly forgot what they were for. I think
> it's to support people of color, but wouldn't swear to it without
> looking it up.)

Siri is no help. She’s telling me about the grillo awards. And the Cleo
awards.

Safari says

The Grio Awards are annual national awards bestowed in a number of
categories by TheGrio (theGrio.com), an American news website geared toward
Afro-Americans

OK so it’s an award for best hairstyle.

>>> Christmas at the Chalet (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> When ex TV host and socialite Lex (Teri Hatcher) finds herself faced
>>> with the possibility of spending Christmas sharing a luxury chalet with
>>> her son, ex-husband, and his new girlfriend, she volunteers to work in
>>> the chalet to avoid things getting too close to home, while documenting
>>> her every move for a new wave of followers who are loving this new
>>> chapter of her life. William DeVry co-stars.
>>
>> That sounds… Incredibly stupid.
>

>>> A Royal Date for Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American
>>> Family)
>>
>> GAC!
>>

>>> Bella Sparks (Danica McKellar), owner of Bella Sparks Couture, takes on
>>> a demanding new client “Stefan” (Damon Runyan) to outfit for a week of
>>> high stakes meetings and events after his luggage goes missing. Stefan
>>> asks Bella to be his “official plus one” for many of the formal soirees,
>>> a request Bella accepts with good humor. Imagine Bella’s reaction when
>>> she accidentally discovers “Stefan” is Stefan William Francis Brown, the
>>> Duke of Tangford.
>>
>> Together, they fight crime!
>>
>> *****************************************************************************************

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<1210680947.722667524.818567.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210057&group=rec.arts.tv#210057

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 05:14 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/25/23 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>         Saturday, Nov. 25
>>

>> Doctor Who: The Star Beast        (special)         (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
>> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
>> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
>> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
>> will arrive sometime next year.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk
>
> Pass.

It was astonishingly bad. They totally Brie Larsoned it.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<507120904.722667595.942587.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210058&group=rec.arts.tv#210058

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 05:14 UTC

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:17:36 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/25/23 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>>         Saturday, Nov. 25
>>>

>>> Doctor Who: The Star Beast        (special)         (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>>
>>> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
>>> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
>>> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
>>> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
>>> will arrive sometime next year.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk
>>
>> Pass.
>
> It was okay until they got to that "male presenting" comment. That was
> so out of tune with the rest of the episode and felt thrown in just to
> say "hey, we know how important the 'woke' message is."

That was a low point for sure, but they’d been doing that all the way
through. Rose ragged on the Dr for referring to the Grogu rip off alien as
he. The Meep had a prepared speech for pronoun presentation. Like this is a
universal thing. Donna ragged on grandma for wondering what to say to not
offend Rose. Because it’s wrong to ask how to not offend Rose but it’s also
wrong to offend Rose. They kept insisting Rose was the most beautiful
daughter everywhere, even though she looked like an ugly guy in drag.

But the absolute bottom point was Donna blowing up the wonderful new TARDIS
bridge

And reversing the engines undoing the damage to London was pretty idiotic.
The TARDIS might be able to do that but this stupid dagger spaceship?

Best part was the Meep calling Rose a freak.

Honorable mention to the differently abled UNIT commander not being able to
navigate stairs. Jesus, she may as well be a Dalek.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<tol5mi59eub109jsnquq65sp7l4nvdk05v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210059&group=rec.arts.tv#210059

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 00:34:27 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 05:34 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:17:36 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Pass.
>>
>> It was okay until they got to that "male presenting" comment. That was
>> so out of tune with the rest of the episode and felt thrown in just to
>> say "hey, we know how important the 'woke' message is."
>>

>That was a low point for sure, but they’d been doing that all the way
>through. Rose ragged on the Dr for referring to the Grogu rip off alien as
>he. The Meep had a prepared speech for pronoun presentation. Like this is a
>universal thing.

True. I had forgotten about that. It really felt out of place in the
show. It also fit in with some YT videos I had watched earlier
speculating that Bob Eiger is trying to destroy Disney with a focus on
making sure that 'woke' agenda and Diversity is included in all of the
projects.

>Donna ragged on grandma for wondering what to say to not
>offend Rose. Because it’s wrong to ask how to not offend Rose but it’s also
>wrong to offend Rose. They kept insisting Rose was the most beautiful
>daughter everywhere, even though she looked like an ugly guy in drag.

I missed the reason Donna was ragging on her mother. As for them
suggesting Rose was the most beautiful daughter (can she be a daughter
if she's actually a they/them?) I took that as typical parents. Though
that is usually in reference to their babies, but hey, some parents
will still talk about how great their kids look when they are adults.
Especially if they are trying to marry them off.

>But the absolute bottom point was Donna blowing up the wonderful new TARDIS
>bridge

That was so televised I'm imagining the original Doctor, William
Hartness, saw it coming.

>And reversing the engines undoing the damage to London was pretty idiotic.
>The TARDIS might be able to do that but this stupid dagger spaceship?

Yeah, I didn't get why they did that. I mean stopping the dagger ship
from destroying London made perfect sense, but to have all of the
damage be magically undone made little sense to me. Let alone why it
would be able to magically fix the damage which would be like
reversing time.

>Best part was the Meep calling Rose a freak.
>
>Honorable mention to the differently abled UNIT commander not being able to
>navigate stairs. Jesus, she may as well be a Dalek.

I did see her as a UNIT commander but as the current science advisor,
meaning she's not there to command the troops, but to provide the
scientific advice.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<v7m5mi5nftj68u29q1o45mqplst6qji5ni@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210060&group=rec.arts.tv#210060

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 00:39:36 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 05:39 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 11/25/23 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>>         Saturday, Nov. 25
>>>

>>> Doctor Who: The Star Beast        (special)         (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>>
>>> The beloved British series makes the jump to Disney+ outside of the UK
>>> with a trio of 60th anniversary specials (arriving weekly) that return
>>> 14th doctor David Tennant and companion Catherine Tate. Disney+ will
>>> also be home to the new 14th season (with new doctor Ncuti Gatwa), which
>>> will arrive sometime next year.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Z7JI8j0bk
>>
>> Pass.
>
>It was astonishingly bad. They totally Brie Larsoned it.

Which is sad given that it's been so long since the show was on.
I get RTD likes to push the edge some such as his introducing Jack
Harkness as a gay man played by a gay man. Okay, Jack was really a
anything that moves man, but still. That said the woke message running
throughout the episode was completely unnecessary as it added nothing
to the story and it didn't even do a good job of providing a woke
message. Instead it felt like something tacked on as an afterthought
because some one high up felt there needed to be a call out to every
one that we support womanhood.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<ujuso9$36kje$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210062&group=rec.arts.tv#210062

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 07:39:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 07:39 UTC

>>. . .

>Which is sad given that it's been so long since the show was on.
>I get RTD likes to push the edge some such as his introducing Jack
>Harkness as a gay man played by a gay man. Okay, Jack was really a
>anything that moves man, but still.

Jack was introduced as bi. On Torchwood, he got reconned as gay. Davies
thought the audience wouldn't accept gay but would accept bi. It was for
self-indulgent reasons, not entertainment. I never actually thought Jack
was created for woke reasons, just Davies exploring a personal fantasy.

Doctor Who started out life as a kids show. If you want to point out
that it was clearly no longer a kids show in the Peter Davidson era
given the amount of carnage, I'll agree. Davies never wanted to do a
kids show.

>. . .

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<1069592861.722688677.816503.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210069&group=rec.arts.tv#210069

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 04:05:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 11:05 UTC

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> It was okay until they got to that "male presenting" comment. That was
>>> so out of tune with the rest of the episode and felt thrown in just to
>>> say "hey, we know how important the 'woke' message is."
>>>

>> That was a low point for sure, but they’d been doing that all the way
>> through. Rose ragged on the Dr for referring to the Grogu rip off alien as
>> he. The Meep had a prepared speech for pronoun presentation. Like this is a
>> universal thing.
>
> True. I had forgotten about that. It really felt out of place in the
> show. It also fit in with some YT videos I had watched earlier
> speculating that Bob Eiger is trying to destroy Disney with a focus on
> making sure that 'woke' agenda and Diversity is included in all of the
> projects.

I was hoping they brought back Eiger to put a stop to that not advance it.

>> Donna ragged on grandma for wondering what to say to not
>> offend Rose. Because it’s wrong to ask how to not offend Rose but it’s also
>> wrong to offend Rose. They kept insisting Rose was the most beautiful
>> daughter everywhere, even though she looked like an ugly guy in drag.
>
> I missed the reason Donna was ragging on her mother.

Mom was asking if it was OK to say this or that about Rose since Rose was
you know what which they didn’t actually say yet.

As for them
> suggesting Rose was the most beautiful daughter (can she be a daughter
> if she's actually a they/them?) I took that as typical parents. Though
> that is usually in reference to their babies, but hey, some parents
> will still talk about how great their kids look when they are adults.
> Especially if they are trying to marry them off.
>
>> But the absolute bottom point was Donna blowing up the wonderful new TARDIS
>> bridge
>
> That was so televised I'm imagining the original Doctor, William
> Hartness, saw it coming.

It was so televised. I didn’t see it coming. I thought about it and
couldn’t believe it actually do it. I thought at worst she might spill, but
it would just go on the floor and they’d laugh.

>> And reversing the engines undoing the damage to London was pretty idiotic.
>> The TARDIS might be able to do that but this stupid dagger spaceship?
>
> Yeah, I didn't get why they did that. I mean stopping the dagger ship
> from destroying London made perfect sense, but to have all of the
> damage be magically undone made little sense to me. Let alone why it
> would be able to magically fix the damage which would be like
> reversing time.

Or reversing, the videotape…

It was like somebody thought reversing the earthquake at the end of
Superman The movie was a good idea.

>> Best part was the Meep calling Rose a freak.
>>
>> Honorable mention to the differently abled UNIT commander not being able to
>> navigate stairs. Jesus, she may as well be a Dalek.
>
> I did see her as a UNIT commander but as the current science advisor,
> meaning she's not there to command the troops, but to provide the
> scientific advice.

Yeah you’re probably right there although she is carrying some heavy duty
weapons for a science advisor.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<atropos-902210.20293627112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210187&group=rec.arts.tv#210187

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:29:36 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 04:29 UTC

In article <v7m5mi5nftj68u29q1o45mqplst6qji5ni@4ax.com>,

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Pass.
> >
> >It was astonishingly bad. They totally Brie Larsoned it.
>
> Which is sad given that it's been so long since the show was on.
> I get RTD likes to push the edge some such as his introducing Jack
> Harkness as a gay man played by a gay man. Okay, Jack was really a
> anything that moves man, but still. That said the woke message running
> throughout the episode was completely unnecessary as it added nothing
> to the story and it didn't even do a good job of providing a woke
> message. Instead it felt like something tacked on as an afterthought
> because some one high up felt there needed to be a call out to every
> one that we support womanhood.

Except it wasn't a 'support womanhood' message. It was a 'support
troonhood' message. The last thing you're doing is supporting women when
you say all a man has to do to be a woman is wish hard enough.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<ftvamiptcccfrq57pj3hj6iqhn0ves61nv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210192&group=rec.arts.tv#210192

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:52:09 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:52 UTC

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:29:36 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <v7m5mi5nftj68u29q1o45mqplst6qji5ni@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:14:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>> >It was astonishingly bad. They totally Brie Larsoned it.
>>
>> Which is sad given that it's been so long since the show was on.
>> I get RTD likes to push the edge some such as his introducing Jack
>> Harkness as a gay man played by a gay man. Okay, Jack was really a
>> anything that moves man, but still. That said the woke message running
>> throughout the episode was completely unnecessary as it added nothing
>> to the story and it didn't even do a good job of providing a woke
>> message. Instead it felt like something tacked on as an afterthought
>> because some one high up felt there needed to be a call out to every
>> one that we support womanhood.
>
>Except it wasn't a 'support womanhood' message. It was a 'support
>troonhood' message. The last thing you're doing is supporting women when
>you say all a man has to do to be a woman is wish hard enough.

Except that the woman in question is actually trans. At least I think
the actress playing Rose has gone through the surgery. So she may not
be biologically female but at least she's not a bilogical man
pretending to be female while having all his parts in place.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 25, 2023

<576387102.722846446.749611.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210199&group=rec.arts.tv#210199

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 23:43:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 06:43 UTC

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:29:36 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <v7m5mi5nftj68u29q1o45mqplst6qji5ni@4ax.com>,
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Which is sad given that it's been so long since the show was on.
>>> I get RTD likes to push the edge some such as his introducing Jack
>>> Harkness as a gay man played by a gay man. Okay, Jack was really a
>>> anything that moves man, but still. That said the woke message running
>>> throughout the episode was completely unnecessary as it added nothing
>>> to the story and it didn't even do a good job of providing a woke
>>> message. Instead it felt like something tacked on as an afterthought
>>> because some one high up felt there needed to be a call out to every
>>> one that we support womanhood.
>>
>> Except it wasn't a 'support womanhood' message. It was a 'support
>> troonhood' message. The last thing you're doing is supporting women when
>> you say all a man has to do to be a woman is wish hard enough.
>
> Except that the woman in question is actually trans. At least I think
> the actress playing Rose has gone through the surgery. So she may not
> be biologically female but at least she's not a bilogical man
> pretending to be female while having all his parts in place.

You made me look (metaphorically), but I found no answers. They claimed
there’s a scene in who where boys on bicycles ride by dead naming them. I
don’t recall that at all.