Hummingbirds never remember the words to songs.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023Ed Stasiak
`* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023anim8rfsk
 `* Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023shawn
  +- Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023anim8rfsk
  `- Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023Ed Stasiak

1
Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023

<332dc764-e286-4d56-927f-5285d23cb340n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210284&group=rec.arts.tv#210284

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:26:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 23:26 UTC

> Robin Miller
>
> Faraway Downs [new?; complete limited series] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> What if the problem with Baz Luhrmann's 2008 box-office flop Australia
> wasn't that it was mediocre but instead that it simply wasn't long
> enough? That hypothesis will be put to the test today as Hulu streams
> (in its entirety) an expanded, re-titled version of the film that is now
> structured as a six-episode series and runs much longer than its
> original 165 minutes thanks to the reinsertion of footage that was
> trimmed for its theatrical release. Downs, like Australia before it,
> stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman in a character drama centering
> on a dispute over a cattle ranch and unfolding against real events in
> Northern Australia in the late 1930s and early '40s (including
> Australia's entry into WWII).

I remember trying to watch the movie and despite it being historical fiction
which I like, I got bored and turned it off. Still, I'll check out the mini-series
version.

> Wednesday, Nov. 29
>
> Slow Horses (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> A group of MI5 agents demoted to desk duty led by Jackson Lamb (Gary
> Oldman) seek redemption in the espionage drama based on Mick Herron's
> novels. The UK spy drama's six-episode third season is adapted from the
> novel Real Tigers. The first two episodes stream today.

Wait a second, there's a _third_ season? I didn't know there was a second one!

> Marvel Studios' Assembled: The Making of Loki – Season 2
> (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)

I liked S01 but S02 of "Loki" was shit, I don't wanna know how they made it....

> Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (streaming premiere)
> (3:01 am, Disney+)

This was also shit.

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023

<784463033.722919419.458571.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210299&group=rec.arts.tv#210299

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 20:03:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 03:03 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Robin Miller
>>
>> Faraway Downs [new?; complete limited series] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>
>> What if the problem with Baz Luhrmann's 2008 box-office flop Australia
>> wasn't that it was mediocre but instead that it simply wasn't long
>> enough? That hypothesis will be put to the test today as Hulu streams
>> (in its entirety) an expanded, re-titled version of the film that is now
>> structured as a six-episode series and runs much longer than its
>> original 165 minutes thanks to the reinsertion of footage that was
>> trimmed for its theatrical release. Downs, like Australia before it,
>> stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman in a character drama centering
>> on a dispute over a cattle ranch and unfolding against real events in
>> Northern Australia in the late 1930s and early '40s (including
>> Australia's entry into WWII).
>
> I remember trying to watch the movie and despite it being historical fiction
> which I like, I got bored and turned it off. Still, I'll check out the mini-series
> version.
>
>> Wednesday, Nov. 29
>>
>> Slow Horses (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> A group of MI5 agents demoted to desk duty led by Jackson Lamb (Gary
>> Oldman) seek redemption in the espionage drama based on Mick Herron's
>> novels. The UK spy drama's six-episode third season is adapted from the
>> novel Real Tigers. The first two episodes stream today.
>
> Wait a second, there's a _third_ season? I didn't know there was a second one!
>
>> Marvel Studios' Assembled: The Making of Loki – Season 2
>> (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> I liked S01 but S02 of "Loki" was shit, I don't wanna know how they made it...

Yeah

>> Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (streaming premiere)
>> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> This was also shit.

It has the benefit that they killed off Sheila Labouve

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023

<h4ddmi54gqp1jkdfsphc8hs19hnfujc6sp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210306&group=rec.arts.tv#210306

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 22:49:54 -0500
 by: shawn - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 03:49 UTC

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 20:03:54 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Robin Miller
>>>
>>> Faraway Downs [new?; complete limited series] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>>
>>> What if the problem with Baz Luhrmann's 2008 box-office flop Australia
>>> wasn't that it was mediocre but instead that it simply wasn't long
>>> enough? That hypothesis will be put to the test today as Hulu streams
>>> (in its entirety) an expanded, re-titled version of the film that is now
>>> structured as a six-episode series and runs much longer than its
>>> original 165 minutes thanks to the reinsertion of footage that was
>>> trimmed for its theatrical release. Downs, like Australia before it,
>>> stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman in a character drama centering
>>> on a dispute over a cattle ranch and unfolding against real events in
>>> Northern Australia in the late 1930s and early '40s (including
>>> Australia's entry into WWII).
>>
>> I remember trying to watch the movie and despite it being historical fiction
>> which I like, I got bored and turned it off. Still, I'll check out the mini-series
>> version.
>>
>>> Wednesday, Nov. 29
>>>
>>> Slow Horses (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>>
>>> A group of MI5 agents demoted to desk duty led by Jackson Lamb (Gary
>>> Oldman) seek redemption in the espionage drama based on Mick Herron's
>>> novels. The UK spy drama's six-episode third season is adapted from the
>>> novel Real Tigers. The first two episodes stream today.
>>
>> Wait a second, there's a _third_ season? I didn't know there was a second one!

I've been slowly watching the second season and reporting on it here.
Didn't know there was a third season coming.
>>> Marvel Studios' Assembled: The Making of Loki – Season 2
>>> (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> I liked S01 but S02 of "Loki" was shit, I don't wanna know how they made it...
>>

>Yeah

Does anyone watch these assembled shows? I tried watching one of them
and rapidly realized I didn't care.

>>> Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (streaming premiere)
>>> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> This was also shit.
>>

>It has the benefit that they killed off Sheila Labouve

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023

<517328013.722925889.646920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210317&group=rec.arts.tv#210317

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 21:55:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 04:55 UTC

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 20:03:54 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:

>>> I remember trying to watch the movie and despite it being historical fiction
>>> which I like, I got bored and turned it off. Still, I'll check out the mini-series
>>> version.

>>> Wait a second, there's a _third_ season? I didn't know there was a second one!
>
> I've been slowly watching the second season and reporting on it here.
> Didn't know there was a third season coming.

>>> I liked S01 but S02 of "Loki" was shit, I don't wanna know how they made it...
>>>

>> Yeah
>>

> Does anyone watch these assembled shows? I tried watching one of them
> and rapidly realized I didn't care.

I at least sampled everything on marvel, but a lot of it wasn’t worth
continuing with like Ms. Marvel

>>> This was also shit.
>>>

>> It has the benefit that they killed off Sheila Labouve

Re: Selected programming for Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2023

<e75add68-5443-4365-a773-54525cf60b43n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210340&group=rec.arts.tv#210340

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 05:43:49 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:43 UTC

> shawn
> > Ed Stasiak
> > > Robin Miller
> > >
> > > Slow Horses (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
> >
> > Wait a second, there's a _third_ season? I didn't know there was a second one!
>
> I've been slowly watching the second season and reporting on it here.
> Didn't know there was a third season coming.

Wiki says there's a 4th season coming next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_Horses