Death is a spirit leaving a body, sort of like a shell leaving the nut behind. -- Erma Bombeck

arts / rec.arts.tv / Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023Robin Miller
+* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023shawn
||+* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023Robin Miller
|||`- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023shawn
||`- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023anim8rfsk
|+* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023Robin Miller
||`* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023Ian J. Ball
|| `- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023anim8rfsk
|`* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023anim8rfsk
| `* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023shawn
|  `* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023BTR1701
|   `* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023shawn
|    `- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023Adam H. Kerman
`- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023anim8rfsk

1
Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<kt1rhnF5n04U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210682&group=rec.arts.tv#210682

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 18:05:18 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 23:05 UTC

The rest of the week will be posted tonight.

--Robin

Saturday, Dec. 2

Welcome to Samdal-Ri [new] (8:30 am, Netflix)

After suffering a fall from grace, a photographer returns to her
hometown and bumps into her childhood friend ­ rekindling an unfinished
romance. Korean series; 16 one-hour episodes; released on Saturday and
Sunday mornings through Jan. 24, apparently to sync up with release in
Korea.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81697983

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26653824/ [as "Welcome to Samdalri"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY8QmExZrlY

Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder (special) (3:30 pm, Disney+)

Ladies of the '80s: A Divas Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime
Channel)

Five glamorous ‘80s soap opera stars reunite to share the spotlight to
shoot the final Christmas episode of their long-running soap opera. The
producer Alex (Travis Burns) and director Nell (Taylor Ann Thompson),
old college friends, do their best to keep things on the rails but as
the ladies come together, old rivalries resurface that threaten to tear
the whole production apart. With the show nearly canceled before it even
begins due to the ladies’ famous diva behavior, they reluctantly agree
to set aside their differences and past secrets to “act” as if they all
still love each other. When old sparks reignite between Alex and Nell,
the ladies become eager to play cupid and--conspire to bring the couple
together. Along the way, the divas also discover that the love between
them all is still very strong too. Starring as the divas are Loni
Anderson, Morgan Fairchild, Linda Gray, Donna Mills and Nicollette Sheridan.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/ladies-of-the-80s-a-divas-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29379064/

A Not So Royal Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Tabloid journalist Charlotte (Brooke D’Orsay) attempts to land an
interview with a reclusive Count. In response, the royal family has a
groundskeeper (Will Kemp) pose as the Count since the real one fled
years ago.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-not-so-royal-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29593677/

Christmas on Windmill Way (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Mia Meijer (Christa Taylor Brown) excitedly anticipates the town’s
Christmas Market Dutch Bake-Off competition and is filled with
confidence that her Oma, Ann, will win the top “Golden Rolling Pin”
prize with her award-winning Kerststol when she learns Oma has difficult
news to share. For a more secure financial future, Ann had to sell the
land deed to their Windmill Way property that had been in their family
for generations. It’s an especially tough pill for Mia to swallow when
she learns the overseeing Property Developer is her former boyfriend,
Brady Schaltz (Chad Michael Murray), who also must let Mia and Ann know
that a new deal has come into play. Initially thought to be safe, the
Meijer family-owned heritage Dutch sawmill, renowned for the past 90
years for its fine millwork and beautiful wooden furniture, will be torn
down to put up a luxurious resort.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/christmas-on-windmill-way/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28152535/

Thriller 40 (documentary) (8 pm, Showtime)

Thriller 40 is a 2023 documentary film directed by Nelson George
celebrating the 40th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller. 88 min.

https://www.sho.com/titles/3524363/thriller-40

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson:_Thriller_40

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22482764/

A Christmas Serenade (movie) (9 pm, OWN)

After back-to-back world tours working as a musician for an R&B diva,
Jeremiah White’s (B.J. Britt) next tour date brings him home to
Adventura, Pennsylvania for Christmas. Now stuck in his hometown,
Jeremiah has to face his neglected relationship with his father and his
lost love Willow (Syke Townsend) -- who is still working in her
traditional father's church choir. With Willow and Jeremiah both feeling
unfulfilled creatively, it is more than their music that they will
rekindle over the holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeW0i8ISzro

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29624046/

Sunday, Dec. 3

Yuletide the Knot (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When small town wedding planner Rachel is faced with planning her
biggest Christmas wedding yet for an out-of-town influencer couple, she
is thrown an unexpected surprise when the bride's manager turns out to
be Logan, her first love and high school sweetheart. He reminds her what
it is to love, and through rediscovering the magic of Christmas, she
rediscovers a part of her heart she closed off long ago. Stars Mary
Antonini and Peter Porte.

https://uptv.com/movies/yuletide-the-knot/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26563552/

Agatha Christie: Lucy Worsley on the Mystery Queen [new] (8 pm,
PBS)

In her new three-part series, popular British historian Lucy Worsley
turns her powers of investigation to the mysterious figure of Agatha
Christie, uncovering the story of one of the most famous, complex - and
misunderstood - women of the 20th century. How did this seemingly
conventional British matron write so convincingly about the dark art of
murder? Three episodes shown on consecutive Sunday nights.

https://www.pbs.org/show/agatha-christie-lucy-worsley-on-the-mystery-queen/

Mistletoe Match (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

With the holiday season in full swing, Olivia Hayes (Elena Juatco) goes
undercover to provide her readers with an in-depth and cynical look at
the hugely successful annual Secret Santa for Singles event. There, she
meets single dad and handsome widower Thomas (Ryan Bruce) who is just as
skeptical about the program as she is. Sparks soon fly, but with a once
in a lifetime promotion on the line, will she risk losing it all for the
romance she never saw coming? Canadian film released last December in
that country.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/mistletoe-match

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18559372/

Christmas With a Kiss (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A woman (Mishael Morgan) returns home to help with her family’s
Christmas Carnival and romance ignites. A photo journalist (Ronnie Rowe
Jr.) curates a surprise reunion. Also stars Jaime M Callica.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-with-a-kiss

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29593706/

The Jingle Bell Jubilee (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

A city manager (Marshall Williams) recruits the help of a childhood
friend (Erin Agostino) in setting right his town’s Christmas Charity
event, while she sets to work setting him up with her close friend.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/the-jinglebell-jubilee/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28976068/ [as "The Jinglebell Jubilee"]

Krapopolis (special time) (8 pm ET/5 pm PT, Fox)

The Simpsons (special time) (8:30 pm ET/5:30 pm PT, Fox)

Chowchilla (documentary) (9 pm, CNN)

In 1976, gunmen stormed a school bus carrying 26 children – ages 5 to 14
– and their bus driver in Chowchilla, California. As part of a ransom
plot, they drove the hostages into a rock quarry and forced them into
what could have become a mass grave: a moving van soon to be covered
with 6 feet of dirt.

Almost 50 years on, those students have become unwitting pioneers in
what child trauma can look like decades later. Now, the new CNN Film,
“Chowchilla,” delves into how the largest mass kidnapping in US history
became a catalyst for change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYLyPPsbmx4

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/02/us/chowchilla-kidnapping-escape-cnn-film/index.html

Fox Network notes for the night:

[EDITOR'S NOTE: In the Mountain time zone, following Family Guy, local
programming will air starting at 8:00 PM.]

[EDITOR'S NOTE: In Pacific Time Zone, following The Simpsons, local
programming will air until 8:00 PM PT.]

[EDITOR'S NOTE: In the Pacific Time Zone, an encore of Krapopolis will
air at 8:00 PM PT and an encore of The Simpsons will air at 8:30 PM PT.]

Monday, Dec. 4

Kitchen Nightmares [reboot] (season 1 finale) (8 and 9
pm, two episodes, Fox)

The Price is Right at Night (special--"office holiday party")
(8 pm, CBS)

Let's Make a Deal Primetime (special) (9 pm, CBS)

Murder in Boston: Roots, Rampage, and Reckoning [new] (9 pm, HBO)

On October 23, 1989, Charles "Chuck" Stuart places a frantic 911 call
reporting that he and his pregnant wife, Carol, a white couple, have
been shot by a Black man in Boston's Mission Hill neighborhood. The
ensuing investigation proves to be a lightning rod for the city,
igniting decades-old racial tensions and brutal targeting amidst a media
firestorm. After Carol succumbs to her injuries that night, Boston mayor
Raymond Flynn declares a citywide manhunt for the killer. When Carol and
Chuck's baby also dies just days after being born, the homicides are
thrust further into the spotlight. As the mostly Black and Latino
residents of Boston's Mission Hill neighborhood suffer aggressive raids,
"stop and frisk" searches, and some questionable police tactics, the
already fraught relationship between residents and Boston Police
disintegrates. Fanned by the media uproar and simmering tensions, and
with skepticism from the Black community and some members of the press
about the veracity of Chuck's story, the police face increasing pressure
to solve the case and Boston is transformed into a powder keg as the
quest for an arrest reaches a critical juncture. Three episodes shown on
consecutive Monday nights.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<ukgeb1$2hobm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210688&group=rec.arts.tv#210688

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:24:16 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 23:24 UTC

On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>
> --Robin

Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!

>         Saturday, Dec. 2
>

> Welcome to Samdal-Ri      [new]         (8:30 am, Netflix)

Ha ha ha! Nobody gets The Netflix!! ;p

> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)

Pass!

> Ladies of the '80s: A Divas Christmas     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime
> Channel)
>
> Five glamorous ‘80s soap opera stars reunite to share the spotlight to
> shoot the final Christmas episode of their long-running soap opera. The
> producer Alex (Travis Burns) and director Nell (Taylor Ann Thompson),
> old college friends, do their best to keep things on the rails but as
> the ladies come together, old rivalries resurface that threaten to tear
> the whole production apart. With the show nearly canceled before it even
> begins due to the ladies’ famous diva behavior, they reluctantly agree
> to set aside their differences and past secrets to “act” as if they all
> still love each other. When old sparks reignite between Alex and Nell,
> the ladies become eager to play cupid and--conspire to bring the couple
> together. Along the way, the divas also discover that the love between
> them all is still very strong too. Starring as the divas are Loni
> Anderson, Morgan Fairchild, Linda Gray, Donna Mills and Nicollette
> Sheridan.

I'll probably watch this...

> A Not So Royal Christmas      (movie)        (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Tabloid journalist Charlotte (Brooke D’Orsay) attempts to land an
> interview with a reclusive Count. In response, the royal family has a
> groundskeeper (Will Kemp) pose as the Count since the real one fled
> years ago.

I look both D'Orsay and Kemp - I might sample this during the ads on
Lifetime...

> Christmas on Windmill Way       (movie)            (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Mia Meijer (Christa Taylor Brown)

Who?!

> excitedly anticipates the town’s
> Christmas Market Dutch Bake-Off competition and is filled with
> confidence that her Oma, Ann, will win the top “Golden Rolling Pin”
> prize with her award-winning Kerststol when she learns Oma has difficult
> news to share. For a more secure financial future, Ann had to sell the
> land deed to their Windmill Way property that had been in their family
> for generations. It’s an especially tough pill for Mia to swallow when
> she learns the overseeing Property Developer is her former boyfriend,
> Brady Schaltz (Chad Michael Murray), who also must let Mia and Ann know
> that a new deal has come into play. Initially thought to be safe, the
> Meijer family-owned heritage Dutch sawmill, renowned for the past 90
> years for its fine millwork and beautiful wooden furniture, will be torn
> down to put up a luxurious resort.
>
> https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/christmas-on-windmill-way/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28152535/
>

> Thriller 40      (documentary)         (8 pm, Showtime)
>
> Thriller 40 is a 2023 documentary film directed by Nelson George
> celebrating the 40th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller. 88 min.

Are they going to soft-pedal the pedophilia stuff?!...

> A Christmas Serenade        (movie)        (9 pm, OWN)
>
> After back-to-back world tours working as a musician for an R&B diva,
> Jeremiah White’s (B.J. Britt) next tour date brings him home to
> Adventura, Pennsylvania for Christmas. Now stuck in his hometown,
> Jeremiah has to face his neglected relationship with his father and his
> lost love Willow (Syke Townsend) -- who is still working in her
> traditional father's church choir. With Willow and Jeremiah both feeling
> unfulfilled creatively, it is more than their music that they will
> rekindle over the holidays.

Oh, not you too, OWN!!

>         Sunday, Dec. 3
>

> Yuletide the Knot         (movie)         (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When small town wedding planner Rachel is faced with planning her
> biggest Christmas wedding yet for an out-of-town influencer couple, she
> is thrown an unexpected surprise when the bride's manager turns out to
> be Logan, her first love and high school sweetheart. He reminds her what
> it is to love, and through rediscovering the magic of Christmas, she
> rediscovers a part of her heart she closed off long ago. Stars Mary
> Antonini

Who?!

> and Peter Porte.

OK, him, I know!

Anyway... pass!

> Mistletoe Match        (movie)         (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> With the holiday season in full swing, Olivia Hayes (Elena Juatco) goes
> undercover to provide her readers with an in-depth and cynical look at
> the hugely successful annual Secret Santa for Singles event. There, she
> meets single dad and handsome widower Thomas (Ryan Bruce) who is just as
> skeptical about the program as she is. Sparks soon fly, but with a once
> in a lifetime promotion on the line, will she risk losing it all for the
> romance she never saw coming? Canadian film released last December in
> that country.

This is very, very "meh!"

> Christmas With a Kiss        (movie)        (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A woman (Mishael Morgan) returns home to help with her family’s
> Christmas Carnival and romance ignites. A photo journalist (Ronnie Rowe
> Jr.) curates a surprise reunion. Also stars Jaime M Callica.

Maybe, for the Y&R callout!

> The Jingle Bell Jubilee          (movie)         (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> A city manager (Marshall Williams) recruits the help of a childhood
> friend (Erin Agostino) in setting right his town’s Christmas Charity
> event, while she sets to work setting him up with her close friend.

Meh.

At least LMN is reairing "The Perfect In-Laws" which I missed this past
Thursday! ;)

>         Monday, Dec. 4
>

> The Price is Right at Night        (special--"office holiday party")
>      (8 pm, CBS)

Drew!

> Let's Make a Deal Primetime       (special)          (9 pm, CBS)

Wayne!

> Blake Shelton's Holiday Bartacular Featuring Ice T       (special)  (10
> pm, NBC)
>
> Special episode of "Barmageddon."

I've seen ads for this - "Dumb" seems too kind.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<sngnmipae7opmh2j1t71rn5pm1k48lfl94@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210692&group=rec.arts.tv#210692

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 18:53:35 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 23:53 UTC

On Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:24:16 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>
>> --Robin
>
>Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!

I explained why in my previous response to you and Adam. Eternal
September appears to be blocking those special characters like Smart
Quotes in the subject whether posting from Eternal September or
coming in from the outside world.

>>         Saturday, Dec. 2
>>

>> Welcome to Samdal-Ri      [new]         (8:30 am, Netflix)
>
>Ha ha ha! Nobody gets The Netflix!! ;p
>
>> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)
>
>Pass!

I'll watch this later

> [...]
>>
>> A city manager (Marshall Williams) recruits the help of a childhood
>> friend (Erin Agostino) in setting right his town’s Christmas Charity
>> event, while she sets to work setting him up with her close friend.
>
>Meh.
>
>At least LMN is reairing "The Perfect In-Laws" which I missed this past
>Thursday! ;)
>

>>         Monday, Dec. 4
>>

>> The Price is Right at Night        (special--"office holiday party")
>>      (8 pm, CBS)
>
>Drew!
>
>> Let's Make a Deal Primetime       (special)          (9 pm, CBS)
>
>Wayne!
>
>> Blake Shelton's Holiday Bartacular Featuring Ice T       (special)  (10
>> pm, NBC)
>>
>> Special episode of "Barmageddon."
>
>I've seen ads for this - "Dumb" seems too kind.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<kt1v5oF6ckbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210694&group=rec.arts.tv#210694

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 19:07:11 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 00:07 UTC

shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:24:16 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!
>
> I explained why in my previous response to you and Adam. Eternal
> September appears to be blocking those special characters like Smart
> Quotes in the subject whether posting from Eternal September or
> coming in from the outside world.

But my subject lines don't have any non-ASCII characters. Ian, Fred and
I discussed this via e-mail earlier today. My lists are created in a
30-year-old e-mail program that is very much limited to basic ASCII.

I think my Usenet provider messed up somehow, but that's just a guess.

--Robin

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<kt1v80F6ckbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210695&group=rec.arts.tv#210695

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 19:08:24 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 00:08 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!
>

>>          Saturday, Dec. 2
>>

>> Welcome to Samdal-Ri      [new]         (8:30 am, Netflix)
>
> Ha ha ha! Nobody gets The Netflix!!  ;p
>
>> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)
>
> Pass!

Everyone, this is a typo by me. It is actually released at 1:30 pm ET.

--Robin

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<mfinmi9m93jfijusi30g56imvq0difgru4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210696&group=rec.arts.tv#210696

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 19:23:12 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 00:23 UTC

On Sat, 2 Dec 2023 19:07:11 -0500, Robin Miller
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>shawn wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:24:16 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!
>>
>> I explained why in my previous response to you and Adam. Eternal
>> September appears to be blocking those special characters like Smart
>> Quotes in the subject whether posting from Eternal September or
>> coming in from the outside world.
>>

>But my subject lines don't have any non-ASCII characters. Ian, Fred and
>I discussed this via e-mail earlier today. My lists are created in a
>30-year-old e-mail program that is very much limited to basic ASCII.
>
>I think my Usenet provider messed up somehow, but that's just a guess.

That's certainly possible. If you aren't including any Smart Quotes
then it's likely ES wouldn't be blocking your posts. It's just
something that it looks like ES has turned on recently. Which is
likely in response to those spam messages we've been getting the last
month or so. I'm sure that why some of Ed's posts were blocked.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<ukgkpn$2iik6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210697&group=rec.arts.tv#210697

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:14:30 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:14 UTC

On 12/2/23 4:08 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!
>>

>>>          Saturday, Dec. 2
>>>

>>> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)
>>
>> Pass!
>
> Everyone, this is a typo by me. It is actually released at 1:30 pm ET.
>
> --Robin

I still ain't watchin'!! ;p

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<1721415531.723291324.484972.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210713&group=rec.arts.tv#210713

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 03:29:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:29 UTC

> On Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:24:16 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!
>
> I explained why in my previous response to you and Adam. Eternal
> September appears to be blocking those special characters like Smart
> Quotes in the subject whether posting from Eternal September or
> coming in from the outside world.
>

>>>         Saturday, Dec. 2
>>>

>>> Welcome to Samdal-Ri      [new]         (8:30 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Ha ha ha! Nobody gets The Netflix!! ;p
>>
>>> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)
>>
>> Pass!
>
> I'll watch this later

Not if you’re lucky

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<931137133.723291448.535859.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210714&group=rec.arts.tv#210714

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 03:29:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:29 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/2/23 4:08 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!

>>> Pass!
>>
>> Everyone, this is a typo by me. It is actually released at 1:30 pm ET.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I still ain't watchin'!! ;p

Worst who ever. I wasn’t even able to finish it. Just garbage.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<653692380.723377918.037987.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210806&group=rec.arts.tv#210806

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 03:48:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:48 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>
> --Robin
>

> Saturday, Dec. 2
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Sunday, Dec. 3
>

> Yuletide the Knot (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

I can’t get UP

> Agatha Christie: Lucy Worsley on the Mystery Queen [new] (8 pm,
> PBS)

As usual, my PBS station didn’t actually show this. It was an old Neil
Diamond concert or something and commercials, trying to sell you crap to
support them, not showing the programming they claim to.

> Monday, Dec. 4

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<81492608.723378240.386238.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210807&group=rec.arts.tv#210807

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 03:48:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:48 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!

WooooHoooo

>>         Saturday, Dec. 2
>>

>> Welcome to Samdal-Ri      [new]         (8:30 am, Netflix)
>
> Ha ha ha! Nobody gets The Netflix!! ;p
>
>> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)
>
> Pass!

With prejudice

>> Ladies of the '80s: A Divas Christmas     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime
>> Channel)
>>
>> Five glamorous ‘80s soap opera stars reunite to share the spotlight to
>> shoot the final Christmas episode of their long-running soap opera. The
>> producer Alex (Travis Burns) and director Nell (Taylor Ann Thompson),
>> old college friends, do their best to keep things on the rails but as
>> the ladies come together, old rivalries resurface that threaten to tear
>> the whole production apart. With the show nearly canceled before it even
>> begins due to the ladies’ famous diva behavior, they reluctantly agree
>> to set aside their differences and past secrets to “act” as if they all
>> still love each other. When old sparks reignite between Alex and Nell,
>> the ladies become eager to play cupid and--conspire to bring the couple
>> together. Along the way, the divas also discover that the love between
>> them all is still very strong too. Starring as the divas are Loni
>> Anderson, Morgan Fairchild, Linda Gray, Donna Mills and Nicollette
>> Sheridan.
>
> I'll probably watch this...

It’s a cute idea but I’m terrified of the bad plastic surgery

>> A Not So Royal Christmas      (movie)        (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>
>> Tabloid journalist Charlotte (Brooke D’Orsay) attempts to land an
>> interview with a reclusive Count. In response, the royal family has a
>> groundskeeper (Will Kemp) pose as the Count since the real one fled
>> years ago.
>
> I look both D'Orsay and Kemp - I might sample this during the ads on
> Lifetime...
>
>> Christmas on Windmill Way       (movie)            (8 pm, Great American
>> Family)
>>
>> Mia Meijer (Christa Taylor Brown)
>
> Who?!

GAC!

>> excitedly anticipates the town’s
>> Christmas Market Dutch Bake-Off competition and is filled with
>> confidence that her Oma, Ann, will win the top “Golden Rolling Pin”
>> prize with her award-winning Kerststol when she learns Oma has difficult
>> news to share. For a more secure financial future, Ann had to sell the
>> land deed to their Windmill Way property that had been in their family
>> for generations. It’s an especially tough pill for Mia to swallow when
>> she learns the overseeing Property Developer is her former boyfriend,
>> Brady Schaltz (Chad Michael Murray), who also must let Mia and Ann know
>> that a new deal has come into play. Initially thought to be safe, the
>> Meijer family-owned heritage Dutch sawmill, renowned for the past 90
>> years for its fine millwork and beautiful wooden furniture, will be torn
>> down to put up a luxurious resort.
>>
>> https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/christmas-on-windmill-way/
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28152535/
>>

>> Thriller 40      (documentary)         (8 pm, Showtime)
>>
>> Thriller 40 is a 2023 documentary film directed by Nelson George
>> celebrating the 40th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller. 88 min.
>
> Are they going to soft-pedal the pedophilia stuff?!...

Soft pedalphilia?

>> A Christmas Serenade        (movie)        (9 pm, OWN)
>>
>> After back-to-back world tours working as a musician for an R&B diva,
>> Jeremiah White’s (B.J. Britt) next tour date brings him home to
>> Adventura, Pennsylvania for Christmas. Now stuck in his hometown,
>> Jeremiah has to face his neglected relationship with his father and his
>> lost love Willow (Syke Townsend) -- who is still working in her
>> traditional father's church choir. With Willow and Jeremiah both feeling
>> unfulfilled creatively, it is more than their music that they will
>> rekindle over the holidays.
>
> Oh, not you too, OWN!!
>

>>         Sunday, Dec. 3
>>

>> Yuletide the Knot         (movie)         (7 pm, UPtv)
>>
>> When small town wedding planner Rachel is faced with planning her
>> biggest Christmas wedding yet for an out-of-town influencer couple, she
>> is thrown an unexpected surprise when the bride's manager turns out to
>> be Logan, her first love and high school sweetheart. He reminds her what
>> it is to love, and through rediscovering the magic of Christmas, she
>> rediscovers a part of her heart she closed off long ago. Stars Mary
>> Antonini
>
> Who?!
>
>> and Peter Porte.
>
> OK, him, I know!

Is he one of those alternate Spider-Men?

> Anyway... pass!
>
>> Mistletoe Match        (movie)         (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> With the holiday season in full swing, Olivia Hayes (Elena Juatco) goes
>> undercover to provide her readers with an in-depth and cynical look at
>> the hugely successful annual Secret Santa for Singles event. There, she
>> meets single dad and handsome widower Thomas (Ryan Bruce) who is just as
>> skeptical about the program as she is. Sparks soon fly, but with a once
>> in a lifetime promotion on the line, will she risk losing it all for the
>> romance she never saw coming? Canadian film released last December in
>> that country.

It’s not even a real country, anyway.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<jnhrmidj9elahmoqnncts12p83bnd137nt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210809&group=rec.arts.tv#210809

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 07:40:53 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 12:40 UTC

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 03:48:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 12/2/23 3:05 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> The rest of the week will be posted tonight.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> Yay!! This one came through on Eternal September, no problems!!
>>

>WooooHoooo
>

>>>         Saturday, Dec. 2
>>>

>>> Welcome to Samdal-Ri      [new]         (8:30 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Ha ha ha! Nobody gets The Netflix!! ;p
>>
>>> Dr. Who: Wild Blue Yonder       (special)        (3:30 pm, Disney+)
>>
>> Pass!
>
>With prejudice

I liked this episode. Other than RTD writing an episode that got how
to handle gender neutral names wrong there was nothing truly offensive
in the episode. (RTD has made a big deal out of DEI and getting
genders right both in the real world and in the show. In the first
episode Rose (not Tyler) was identified as being gender neutral and
using They/Them pronouns. In this episode they have Donna referring to
her daughter multiple times as she. The very thing she chastised the
Doctor about in the previous episode.)

Of course nothing much happened other than a setup for the next
episode. I get why he might have thought this a clever episode but I
do feel shorted to get this episode in a short 3 episode season. I
mean if you are bringing back David Tenant for only 3 episodes
shouldn't every episode have a big impact?

>>> Ladies of the '80s: A Divas Christmas     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime
>>> Channel)
>>>
>>> Five glamorous ‘80s soap opera stars reunite to share the spotlight to
>>> shoot the final Christmas episode of their long-running soap opera. The
>>> producer Alex (Travis Burns) and director Nell (Taylor Ann Thompson),
>>> old college friends, do their best to keep things on the rails but as
>>> the ladies come together, old rivalries resurface that threaten to tear
>>> the whole production apart. With the show nearly canceled before it even
>>> begins due to the ladies’ famous diva behavior, they reluctantly agree
>>> to set aside their differences and past secrets to “act” as if they all
>>> still love each other. When old sparks reignite between Alex and Nell,
>>> the ladies become eager to play cupid and--conspire to bring the couple
>>> together. Along the way, the divas also discover that the love between
>>> them all is still very strong too. Starring as the divas are Loni
>>> Anderson, Morgan Fairchild, Linda Gray, Donna Mills and Nicollette
>>> Sheridan.
>>
>> I'll probably watch this...
>
>It’s a cute idea but I’m terrified of the bad plastic surgery

Agreed.

>>> Christmas on Windmill Way       (movie)            (8 pm, Great American
>>> Family)
>>>
>>> Mia Meijer (Christa Taylor Brown)
>>
>> Who?!
>
>GAC!

GAF!

>>> Thriller 40      (documentary)         (8 pm, Showtime)
>>>
>>> Thriller 40 is a 2023 documentary film directed by Nelson George
>>> celebrating the 40th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller. 88 min.
>>
>> Are they going to soft-pedal the pedophilia stuff?!...
>
>Soft pedalphilia?

The thrill is gone

>>> Mistletoe Match        (movie)         (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> With the holiday season in full swing, Olivia Hayes (Elena Juatco) goes
>>> undercover to provide her readers with an in-depth and cynical look at
>>> the hugely successful annual Secret Santa for Singles event. There, she
>>> meets single dad and handsome widower Thomas (Ryan Bruce) who is just as
>>> skeptical about the program as she is. Sparks soon fly, but with a once
>>> in a lifetime promotion on the line, will she risk losing it all for the
>>> romance she never saw coming? Canadian film released last December in
>>> that country.
>
>It’s not even a real country, anyway.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<792dnYyTE_CmPPP4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210883&group=rec.arts.tv#210883

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 04:04:11 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 04:04 UTC

On Dec 4, 2023 at 4:40:53 AM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 03:48:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Pass!
>>
>> With prejudice
>
> I liked this episode. Other than RTD writing an episode that got how
> to handle gender neutral names wrong there was nothing truly offensive
> in the episode.

Yes, there was. Isaac Newton was not black, goddammit.

It's like these wokesters feel like they have to change all the notable
historical white people in history to black people now to propagate some kind
of Wakanda-like fantasy that it was really black people who made all the
discoveries and inventions that form the basis of the modern world.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<pv8tmitbnviadsm30biplo93ohb31r1tog@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210884&group=rec.arts.tv#210884

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 23:22:06 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 04:22 UTC

On Tue, 05 Dec 2023 04:04:11 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Dec 4, 2023 at 4:40:53 AM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 03:48:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> With prejudice
>>
>> I liked this episode. Other than RTD writing an episode that got how
>> to handle gender neutral names wrong there was nothing truly offensive
>> in the episode.
>
>Yes, there was. Isaac Newton was not black, goddammit.
>
>It's like these wokesters feel like they have to change all the notable
>historical white people in history to black people now to propagate some kind
>of Wakanda-like fantasy that it was really black people who made all the
>discoveries and inventions that form the basis of the modern world.

RTD stated in that Children in Need video that his focus is on DEI.
Though , as it turns out, the actor isn't black. He's half Indian/half
English. That said he also fits RTD's agenda by self identifying as
queer.

I didn't pay any attention to his ethnicity because they didn't call
attention to it and I was put off by his acting. It felt a bit like I
was trying to play the roll. He's apparently better than that based on
winning various awards, so maybe he was following a direction to ham
it up a bit. Either way I didn't care for it.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 2-4, 2023

<uknm5v$7qfb$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210902&group=rec.arts.tv#210902

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 17:21:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 17:21 UTC

>On Tue, 05 Dec 2023 04:04:11 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>On Dec 4, 2023 at 4:40:53 AM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>>wrote:

>(3:30 pm, Disney+)

>>> I liked this episode. Other than RTD writing an episode that got how
>>> to handle gender neutral names wrong there was nothing truly offensive
>>> in the episode.
>>
>>Yes, there was. Isaac Newton was not black, goddammit.
>>
>>It's like these wokesters feel like they have to change all the notable
>>historical white people in history to black people now to propagate some kind
>>of Wakanda-like fantasy that it was really black people who made all the
>>discoveries and inventions that form the basis of the modern world.
>>

>RTD stated in that Children in Need video that his focus is on DEI.
>Though , as it turns out, the actor isn't black. He's half Indian/half
>English. That said he also fits RTD's agenda by self identifying as
>queer.

Did you say Russell T. Davies casting couch?