If you are a fatalist, what can you do about it? -- Ann Edwards-Duff

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Adam H. Kerman
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)anim8rfsk
 +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)Ubiquitous
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<UBI20231201@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210623&group=rec.arts.tv#210623

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 04:30:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
"TX Sues Pfizer, Santos EXPELLED from Congress, DeSantis SCHOOLS Newsom |
Guest: Ken Paxton | 12/1/23". BlazeTV contributor Eric July and Blaze Media
digital strategist Logan Hall join the show to discuss Texas Attorney General
Ken Paxton's lawsuit against pharmaceutical giant Pfizer. Paxton filed the
lawsuit this week, eight months after announcing he was investigating Pfizer,
Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson for potentially lying to the public about the
success of their respective COVID-19 vaccines. Paxton's lawsuit alleges that
Pfizer violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, claiming that Pfizer
�engaged in false, deceptive, and misleading acts and practices by making
unsupported claims." Florida governor and Republican presidential candidate
Ron DeSantis schooled California Governor Gavin Newsom in last night's Fox
News debate hosted by Sean Hannity. During the one-on-one debate, DeSantis
referred to the Golden State governor as "a slick, slippery politician."
Newsom denied running to replace Joe Biden as the Democratic nominee for
president. This morning, the House of Representatives voted to expel
scandal-plagued New York Republican Congressman George Santos. This makes him
the first House lawmaker to be expelled in more than 20 years. Surprisingly,
105 Republicans joined Democrats in the decision � even before Santos had a
chance to defend himself in a trial. The charges against Santos include 23
counts related to wire fraud, identity theft, falsification of records,
credit card fraud, and other offenses.
https://youtu.be/RdbS8RYHl6I?si=z6-sZi-NyKeyg_JT

TNE UNXPLAINED:
"Bizarre Afflictions". Throughout history, tales of inexplicable illness to
both body and mind have stirred curiosity and palpable fear. From mysterious
wounds that appear for no apparent reason--to a peculiar madness that compels
people to dance themselves to death.

THE UNBLIEVABLE:
"Strange Places". Explores the Lake Michigan Triangle and many other wild and
weird places, including a creepy doll-filled island with a dark past, deadly
gas-filled explosive lakes, caves that harbor deadly viruses, and the most
haunted place in the U.S.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<ukfoek$2e1q0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210652&group=rec.arts.tv#210652

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 09:10:44 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:10 UTC

On 12/2/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

I wanted to keep a couple of soap ep's going into the weekend, so I'd
have something to watch with lunch - thus I watched just a couple of
episodes from my DOOL backlog.

soaps: DOOL - Wed's & Thur's ep's. Nicole continues to insist that
Eric's and Sloan's baby is "hers" (she right!), but everyone thinks
she's cracking up. Bratty Holly has the incredibly good idea to do a DNA
test - this is too bad because it means either Eric will refuse, or
Melinda and Sloan will inevitably fiddle with the DNA test. :/
Meanwhile, Patch(!) partially exposes EVOL!! Schanke from "Forever
Knight" (aka. "Constantine"), successfully enough that Maggie kicks
Constantine out of the house. Dunno if these means EVOL!! Schanke's days
on the show are numbered, or if he will come up with some elaborate
scheme to stay in town!

I also saw a forgettable 2022 movie off Prime Video ("Exploited" - and
the title makes no sense in context!), which is notable only for showing
off Makenzie Vega's naked butt (several times! as they keep recycling
the footage!).
Interestingly, this is the only thing Makenzie Vega has done in the
last 3 years, since her last Lifetime flick in 2020 - I think it the
meantime, she has gotten married, and had a kid, so she may be "done" as
far as the "business" is concerned. (So I guess she decided to go out
with a butt shot!!)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<135179505.723233068.335281.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210660&group=rec.arts.tv#210660

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 11:20:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 18:20 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Mostly I finished off all the impossibly cute Clara Oswin Oswald episodes
of Doctor Who. They became worse and worse as they went, the last several
were incomprehensible, as well as absolutely terrible, all or mostly all
directed by their worst Director, Rachel Talalay.

Also, they were just rehashing the stupid Danna Noble stuff where he had to
make her forget him, or she would likely die. At the end she took off in
her own tardis (which I thought was the doctors Tardis, but I completely
lost track of which was which) with the bitch who murdered her that they
had completely forgotten about, and said she was headed for Gallifrey,
which was the planet she was already on. And she hadn’t forgotten a thing.

I programmed the Amazon fire stick with a bunch of free live channels that
looked interesting. I watched way too much wipeout international and some
very early iron chef.

I won’t possibly be able to report where I saw anything because the fireTV
stick live function, draws on Half a dozen services and often they pick up
the program from another services and then when it starts it has the logo
of yet another service. And for the most part it doesn’t say on screen what
service you just switched to.

I watched a couple episodes of DAKTARI, which I remembered fondly, mostly
because of Cheryl Miller, and they were just God awful. Nice new transfers,
but one, the entire plot revolved around the assumption that Judi the chimp
(the same Judi from lost in space that they tore out all her teeth, so she
quit hurting the actors.) Understood every word and concept of colloquial
English. They would tell her not to come in through the window anymore
because they now had a burglar alarm (the solution here would be to close
the window) like she should understand this. Then the channel went to EIGHT
IS ENOUGH which despite a friend of mine being on it, I really can’t sit
through.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<ukftb5$2f8b5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210661&group=rec.arts.tv#210661

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 10:34:13 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 18:34 UTC

On 12/2/23 10:20 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> I programmed the Amazon fire stick with a bunch of free live channels that
> looked interesting. I watched way too much wipeout international and some
> very early iron chef.

Apropos of nothing, last night I also was taking a look at the
"streaming (FAST) channels" available on Pluto and Tubi, and I think
also direct from the new Sony TV itself.

One thing I did confirm, without a shadow of a doubt - "streaming" Ion
channel (which must be 720p on Tubi and my Sony) looks significantly
better than the "OTA" Ion channel (which is 480i).

And despite Sony TV's having a reputation for better "upscaling"
technology for "low res" content, 480i still looks like crap to me on
the Sony TV (though it is possible that "close-up" shots in 480i do look
better on the Sony than on the LG OLED - I'll have to experiment with
that more...).

I still come back to the same conclusion though - that most of the "FAST
channels" are crap - Pluto has a better set of these (e.g. The Wheel or
Fortune and Jeopardy channels are good "background" noise, and Pluto
apparently has a "soaps" channel with 4-year old eps of Y&R!), but I
didn't find a FAST channel on Tubi that really interested me.

> I won’t possibly be able to report where I saw anything because the fireTV
> stick live function, draws on Half a dozen services and often they pick up
> the program from another services and then when it starts it has the logo
> of yet another service. And for the most part it doesn’t say on screen what
> service you just switched to.

P.S. It took me a couple of weeks, but I finally figured out how to
"reorder" the apps on the new Sony TV (which apparently uses "Google TV"
as the OS) - so now Tubi and Pluto are "front and center" in the apps
list. :)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<ukggpl$2i5c5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210693&group=rec.arts.tv#210693

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 16:06:11 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 00:06 UTC

On 12/2/2023 9:10 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 12/2/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I wanted to keep a couple of soap ep's going into the weekend, so I'd
> have something to watch with lunch - thus I watched just a couple of
> episodes from my DOOL backlog.
>
> soaps: DOOL - Wed's & Thur's ep's. Nicole continues to insist that
> Eric's and Sloan's baby is "hers" (she right!), but everyone thinks
> she's cracking up. Bratty Holly has the incredibly good idea to do a DNA
> test - this is too bad because it means either Eric will refuse, or
> Melinda and Sloan will inevitably fiddle with the DNA test.  :/
> Meanwhile, Patch(!) partially exposes EVOL!! Schanke from "Forever
> Knight" (aka. "Constantine"), successfully enough that Maggie kicks
> Constantine out of the house. Dunno if these means EVOL!! Schanke's days
> on the show are numbered, or if he will come up with some elaborate
> scheme to stay in town!
>
> I also saw a forgettable 2022 movie off Prime Video ("Exploited" - and
> the title makes no sense in context!), which is notable only for showing
> off Makenzie Vega's naked butt (several times! as they keep recycling
> the footage!).
>    Interestingly, this is the only thing Makenzie Vega has done in the
> last 3 years, since her last Lifetime flick in 2020 - I think it the
> meantime, she has gotten married, and had a kid, so she may be "done" as
> far as the "business" is concerned. (So I guess she decided to go out
> with a butt shot!!)

Does the movie have a plot other than the butt shots?

I watched:

The Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix) - "The Masque of the Red Death"
- Episode 2 - I'm going to take a wild guess and say each episode redoes
an Edgar Allen Poe story. I'm assuming each episode will show the death
of a different family member using a Poe theme. This episode focuses on
the youngest (I think), Prospero. Prospero is pretty much a good for
nothing drug and sex addict. While the family is dealing with the
lawsuit he decides to throw a party using one of the family's abandoned
properties. Let's just say things don't go as he planed... This is the
episode that Mark Hamill talked up at a recent convention. I have to
say it didn't disappoint. It was definitely better than the first
episode, and now I'm interested in watching the rest of the series.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<ukgksh$2iik6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210698&group=rec.arts.tv#210698

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:16:00 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:16 UTC

On 12/2/23 4:06 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> On 12/2/2023 9:10 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 12/2/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I also saw a forgettable 2022 movie off Prime Video ("Exploited" - and
>> the title makes no sense in context!), which is notable only for
>> showing off Makenzie Vega's naked butt (several times! as they keep
>> recycling the footage!).
>>     Interestingly, this is the only thing Makenzie Vega has done in
>> the last 3 years, since her last Lifetime flick in 2020 - I think it
>> the meantime, she has gotten married, and had a kid, so she may be
>> "done" as far as the "business" is concerned. (So I guess she decided
>> to go out with a butt shot!!)
>
> Does the movie have a plot other than the butt shots?

Yes, but it's too dumb to relate... [shrug]

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<ukgmfb$2irmb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210700&group=rec.arts.tv#210700

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:43:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:43 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 12/2/23 4:06 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>>On 12/2/2023 9:10 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>>I also saw a forgettable 2022 movie off Prime Video ("Exploited" - and
>>>the title makes no sense in context!), which is notable only for
>>>showing off Makenzie Vega's naked butt (several times! as they keep
>>>recycling the footage!).
>>>    Interestingly, this is the only thing Makenzie Vega has done in
>>>the last 3 years, since her last Lifetime flick in 2020 - I think it
>>>the meantime, she has gotten married, and had a kid, so she may be
>>>"done" as far as the "business" is concerned. (So I guess she decided
>>>to go out with a butt shot!!)

>>Does the movie have a plot other than the butt shots?

>Yes, but it's too dumb to relate... [shrug]

Yes but?

Can we allow this?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<ukkhs5$3dr20$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210812&group=rec.arts.tv#210812

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>I watched a couple episodes of DAKTARI, which I remembered fondly, mostly
>because of Cheryl Miller, and they were just God awful. Nice new transfers,
>but one, the entire plot revolved around the assumption that Judi the chimp
>(the same Judi from lost in space that they tore out all her teeth, so she
>quit hurting the actors.) Understood every word and concept of colloquial
>English. They would tell her not to come in through the window anymore
>because they now had a burglar alarm (the solution here would be to close
>the window) like she should understand this. Then the channel went to EIGHT
>IS ENOUGH which despite a friend of mine being on it, I really can’t sit
>through.

I have no memory of that show.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-12-01 (Friday)

<696543928.723390434.874597.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210829&group=rec.arts.tv#210829

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 06:51:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:51 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I watched a couple episodes of DAKTARI, which I remembered fondly, mostly
>> because of Cheryl Miller, and they were just God awful. Nice new transfers,
>> but one, the entire plot revolved around the assumption that Judi the chimp
>> (the same Judi from lost in space that they tore out all her teeth, so she
>> quit hurting the actors.) Understood every word and concept of colloquial
>> English. They would tell her not to come in through the window anymore
>> because they now had a burglar alarm (the solution here would be to close
>> the window) like she should understand this. Then the channel went to EIGHT
>> IS ENOUGH which despite a friend of mine being on it, I really can’t sit
>> through.
>
> I have no memory of that show.

It’s sort of like flipper in space.