If you always postpone pleasure you will never have it. Quit work and play for once!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'BTR1701
+* Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'anim8rfsk
|`* Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'shawn
| `- Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'anim8rfsk
+* Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'Woke Ken
|`* Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'Your Name
| `* Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'The Horny Goat
|  `- Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'Woke Ken
`- Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'Woke Ken

1
Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<atropos-F679A0.22444902122023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210708&group=rec.arts.tv#210708

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 22:44:49 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 06:44 UTC

In article <20231202.042038.554964bd@erienetworks.net>,
Biden Democrats <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

> "It felt like I had to give my daughter a chance at a future," the
> DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star said in an exclusive interview with KABC
> in Los Angeles. "And so it was sort of like my daughter's future,
> which meant I had to break the law."
>
> Actor Felicity Huffman said that she is left with "undying shame"
> that she paid $15,000 to falsify her daughter's SAT score, but that
> at the time she felt it was the only way to give her child a
> promising future.

> Despite having a college offer rescinded after news of her mother's
> scandal broke out, Sophia Macy ended up being admitted into Carnegie
> Mellon University's prestigious drama program.

?!?!?!

So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her daughter a
leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to major in
drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?

She majors in the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,
given her Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough
influence in Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<833705778.723291977.184197.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210716&group=rec.arts.tv#210716

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 03:29:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:29 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <20231202.042038.554964bd@erienetworks.net>,
> Biden Democrats <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "It felt like I had to give my daughter a chance at a future," the
>> DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star said in an exclusive interview with KABC
>> in Los Angeles. "And so it was sort of like my daughter's future,
>> which meant I had to break the law."
>>
>> Actor Felicity Huffman said that she is left with "undying shame"
>> that she paid $15,000 to falsify her daughter's SAT score, but that
>> at the time she felt it was the only way to give her child a
>> promising future.
>
>> Despite having a college offer rescinded after news of her mother's
>> scandal broke out, Sophia Macy ended up being admitted into Carnegie
>> Mellon University's prestigious drama program.
>
> ?!?!?!
>
> So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her daughter a
> leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to major in
> drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?
>
> She majors in the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,
> given her Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough
> influence in Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.

$15,000 sounds like a deal didn’t Laurie Loughlin pony up something like
half 1 million?

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<27romi900g8lqputf740t1b0m8tuhj2jdp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210719&group=rec.arts.tv#210719

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 07:01:29 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:01 UTC

On Sun, 3 Dec 2023 03:29:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article <20231202.042038.554964bd@erienetworks.net>,
>> Biden Democrats <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> "It felt like I had to give my daughter a chance at a future," the
>>> DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star said in an exclusive interview with KABC
>>> in Los Angeles. "And so it was sort of like my daughter's future,
>>> which meant I had to break the law."
>>>
>>> Actor Felicity Huffman said that she is left with "undying shame"
>>> that she paid $15,000 to falsify her daughter's SAT score, but that
>>> at the time she felt it was the only way to give her child a
>>> promising future.
>>
>>> Despite having a college offer rescinded after news of her mother's
>>> scandal broke out, Sophia Macy ended up being admitted into Carnegie
>>> Mellon University's prestigious drama program.
>>
>> ?!?!?!
>>
>> So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her daughter a
>> leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to major in
>> drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?
>>
>> She majors in the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,
>> given her Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough
>> influence in Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.
>>

>$15,000 sounds like a deal didn’t Laurie Loughlin pony up something like
>half 1 million?

Yes, but Loughlin went for so much more. As I remember it she had her
kid show up as some sort of athlete (faked) with support from some
coach that helped get her kid into a school she didn't want to attend.
At some point Loughlin should have listened to her kid and realized
she was wasting her money.

As for Huffman I feel like she was also wasting her money. While
having a higher SAT score was a bigger issue a few decades ago 1) it
isn't nearly as important today and 2) if the kid can't do the work
even giving the child a perfect SAT score isn't going to help. It's my
understanding that the more prestigious schools always just had
baseline SAT scores but were much more interested in things like your
extracurricular activities. Hence why kids would spend so much time
building up this list of things to show that they were special.

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<3330413.723313314.449018.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210727&group=rec.arts.tv#210727

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 09:25:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 16:25 UTC

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2023 03:29:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> ?!?!?!
>>>
>>> So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her daughter a
>>> leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to major in
>>> drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?
>>>
>>> She majors in the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,
>>> given her Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough
>>> influence in Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.
>>>

>> $15,000 sounds like a deal didn’t Laurie Loughlin pony up something like
>> half 1 million?
>
> Yes, but Loughlin went for so much more. As I remember it she had her
> kid show up as some sort of athlete (faked) with support from some
> coach that helped get her kid into a school she didn't want to attend.
> At some point Loughlin should have listened to her kid and realized
> she was wasting her money.

Yes, but that’s the deal of the school offered her. I still think it’s
ridiculous they sent the victim to jail instead of the criminals.

> As for Huffman I feel like she was also wasting her money. While
> having a higher SAT score was a bigger issue a few decades ago 1) it
> isn't nearly as important today and 2) if the kid can't do the work
> even giving the child a perfect SAT score isn't going to help. It's my
> understanding that the more prestigious schools always just had
> baseline SAT scores but were much more interested in things like your
> extracurricular activities. Hence why kids would spend so much time
> building up this list of things to show that they were special.

You would think that fake SAT scores would be useful at lots of different
colleges, and therefore more valuable!

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<0c045f90-f22d-4bcb-8e12-f50adaf558c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210751&group=rec.arts.tv#210751

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:52:33 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:52 UTC

On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 12:41:15 AM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <20231202.042...@erienetworks.net>,
> Biden Democrats <rema...@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > "It felt like I had to give my daughter a chance at a future," the
> > DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star said in an exclusive interview with KABC
> > in Los Angeles. "And so it was sort of like my daughter's future,
> > which meant I had to break the law."
> >
> > Actor Felicity Huffman said that she is left with "undying shame"
> > that she paid $15,000 to falsify her daughter's SAT score, but that
> > at the time she felt it was the only way to give her child a
> > promising future.
> > Despite having a college offer rescinded after news of her mother's
> > scandal broke out, Sophia Macy ended up being admitted into Carnegie
> > Mellon University's prestigious drama program.
> ?!?!?!
>
> So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her daughter a
> leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to major in
> drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?
>
> She majors in the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,
> given her Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough
> influence in Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.

Compared to Jean Lundegaard, Huffman and William H. got off easy.

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<ee6346c9-f013-4efb-8805-6c5100309de5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210753&group=rec.arts.tv#210753

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:57:03 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:57 UTC

On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 12:41:15 AM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <20231202.042...@erienetworks.net>,
> Biden Democrats <rema...@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > "It felt like I had to give my daughter a chance at a future," the
> > DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star said in an exclusive interview with KABC
> > in Los Angeles. "And so it was sort of like my daughter's future,
> > which meant I had to break the law."
> >
> > Actor Felicity Huffman said that she is left with "undying shame"
> > that she paid $15,000 to falsify her daughter's SAT score, but that
> > at the time she felt it was the only way to give her child a
> > promising future.
> > Despite having a college offer rescinded after news of her mother's
> > scandal broke out, Sophia Macy ended up being admitted into Carnegie
> > Mellon University's prestigious drama program.
> ?!?!?!
>
> So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her daughter a
> leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to major in
> drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?
>
> She majors in the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,
> given her Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough
> influence in Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.

Sure, no Journalism school Jenna Bush is on tv 5 days a week.

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<ukivkh$325p3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210762&group=rec.arts.tv#210762

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 11:31:45 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 22:31 UTC

On 2023-12-03 20:52:33 +0000, Woke Ken said:

> On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 12:41:15 AM UTC-6, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <20231202.042...@erienetworks.net>,
>> Biden Democrats <rema...@domain.invalid> wrote:>> > "It felt like I had
>> to give my daughter a chance at a future," the
>>> DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star said in an exclusive interview with KABC
>>> in Los Angeles. "And so it was sort of like my daughter's future,> >
>>> which meant I had to break the law."> >> > Actor Felicity Huffman said
>>> that she is left with "undying shame"> > that she paid $15,000 to
>>> falsify her daughter's SAT score, but that> > at the time she felt it
>>> was the only way to give her child a> > promising future.
>>> Despite having a college offer rescinded after news of her mother's> >
>>> scandal broke out, Sophia Macy ended up being admitted into Carnegie> >
>>> Mellon University's prestigious drama program.
>> ?!?!?!>> So she thinks committing crime is the only way to give her
>> daughter a> leg up in the world but the little snowflake goes on to
>> major in> drama... DRAMA!... at Carnegie Mellon?!?!?>> She majors in
>> the one thing for which college isn't even necessary,> given her
>> Emmy-Award-winning parents, who have more than enough> influence in
>> Hollywood to give her advantages that college never could.
>
> Compared to Jean Lundegaard, Huffman and William H. got off easy.

There are a lot of selfish rich / famous people out there who think
they can buy their way into or out of anything.

The so-called justice system doesn't help either. There have been lots
of cases where a "promising young sports star" or "well-known
celebrity" who has been arrested, but the court has given them
continual name supression or even completely dropped the charges simply
because "it might hurt the future career" ... and not just misdemeanor
charges either. X-(

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<okurmi5jpbd27b9goqah3b1tv4iaioeg2d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210847&group=rec.arts.tv#210847

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 08:14:17 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:14 UTC

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 11:31:45 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>The so-called justice system doesn't help either. There have been lots
>of cases where a "promising young sports star" or "well-known
>celebrity" who has been arrested, but the court has given them
>continual name supression or even completely dropped the charges simply
>because "it might hurt the future career" ... and not just misdemeanor
>charges either. X-(

Since when was a criminal conviction NOT supposed to impact the
convicted well after he or she had served their term? Since when was a
conviction supposed to be odium-free?

Re: Felicity Huffman Says She Feels 'Undying Shame'

<16a13ffd-66b6-498d-877a-75007f0b48bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210879&group=rec.arts.tv#210879

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:27:56 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 00:27 UTC

On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 10:14:24 AM UTC-6, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 11:31:45 +1300, Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com>
> wrote:
> >The so-called justice system doesn't help either. There have been lots
> >of cases where a "promising young sports star" or "well-known
> >celebrity" who has been arrested, but the court has given them
> >continual name supression or even completely dropped the charges simply
> >because "it might hurt the future career" ... and not just misdemeanor
> >charges either. X-(
> >
> Since when was a criminal conviction NOT supposed to impact the
> convicted well after he or she had served their term? Since when was a
> conviction supposed to be odium-free?

The new SAG Contract gives Frances Mcdormand the only power to serve arrest and search warrants to Tenured actors.