Pray to God, but keep rowing to shore. -- Russian Proverb

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

SubjectAuthor
* Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and IndiansBTR1701
+- Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indiansshawn
+* Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks andRhino
|+- Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and IndiansThe Horny Goat
|`* Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks andUbiquitous
| `- Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and IndiansThe Horny Goat
+- Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and IndiansThe Horny Goat
`- Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and IndiansUbiquitous

1
Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<JLWcnVYK9_nuzPf4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210550&group=rec.arts.tv#210550

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 21:34:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 21:34 UTC

So if you missed it, the cameras at the KC Chiefs game over the weekend caught
a little kid in the stands wearing face paint and an Indian headdress. The
woke race baiters over at Deadspin, specifically a prolific race hustler name
Carron (Karen) Phillips, threw a fit vilified him for wearing racist
"blackface" and for cultural appropriation of Native American dress.

Of course the picture Karen Phillips used in his article only showed the kid's
face from the side so only the dark grey paint could be seen, implying that
his whole face was similarly painted. Except it wasn't. The other half of his
face was painted red. In other words, the kid painted his face in the colors
of his favorite football team, not as a racist slam on black people.

As for the headdress. Well, guess what? It turns out the kid is actually
Native American himself. He (and his family) belongs to the Santa Ynez council
of the Chumash Tribe. So explain how he can be racistly appropriating his own
culture, Karen. Oh, wait. You didn't think to actually find out anything about
the kid, did you? You just assumed he was white and ran with it. Who's
actually the racist here, Karen?

Amala Ekpunobi has a great little commentary on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aedvYW2fwMg

What's all the more galling is that Karen Phillips, rather than admit he made
a mistake and apologize, has doubled down on his claims of evil bigotry from
this little boy. He says that it doesn't matter if the paint symbolized the
team's colors or not; white people have no business painting their faces at
all, given their history of oppression.

Leaving aside this bigoted asshole's continued insistence on calling the kid
white, denying his Native American ethnicity, it's now apparently racist for a
white person to apply *anything* to his/her face? I wonder if Ray Park (STAR
WARS's Darth Maul) knows this. I guess he was a racist for wearing that
makeup. Or Jim Carrey in THE MASK. Racist for wearing the green face paint or
no? Or any white woman who wears makeup. Now racist?

It'll be nice to see how big a defamation check Deadspin is forced to write to
this kid when the family are done with them. After The Washington Post was
forced to settle with Nick Sandmann for a far less blatant smear, I bet the
guys over at Deadspin are just loving their pet race hustler Karen Phillips
right about now.

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<d9lkmit4sm96n8psg8q9o5olh2btvpf10c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210554&group=rec.arts.tv#210554

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 16:52:28 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 21:52 UTC

On Fri, 01 Dec 2023 21:34:43 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>So if you missed it, the cameras at the KC Chiefs game over the weekend caught
>a little kid in the stands wearing face paint and an Indian headdress. The
>woke race baiters over at Deadspin, specifically a prolific race hustler name
>Carron (Karen) Phillips, threw a fit vilified him for wearing racist
>"blackface" and for cultural appropriation of Native American dress.

Yeah, that felt like someone who was just looking for a bit of
outrage. Perhaps just to get people clicking/reading the article.
Which it certainly did.

>Of course the picture Karen Phillips used in his article only showed the kid's
>face from the side so only the dark grey paint could be seen, implying that
>his whole face was similarly painted. Except it wasn't. The other half of his
>face was painted red. In other words, the kid painted his face in the colors
>of his favorite football team, not as a racist slam on black people.
>
>As for the headdress. Well, guess what? It turns out the kid is actually
>Native American himself. He (and his family) belongs to the Santa Ynez council
>of the Chumash Tribe. So explain how he can be racistly appropriating his own
>culture, Karen. Oh, wait. You didn't think to actually find out anything about
>the kid, did you? You just assumed he was white and ran with it. Who's
>actually the racist here, Karen?
>
>Amala Ekpunobi has a great little commentary on this:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aedvYW2fwMg
>
>What's all the more galling is that Karen Phillips, rather than admit he made
>a mistake and apologize, has doubled down on his claims of evil bigotry from
>this little boy. He says that it doesn't matter if the paint symbolized the
>team's colors or not; white people have no business painting their faces at
>all, given their history of oppression.

Yeah, that's when I felt like the writer was just looking for
something to be outraged about.

>Leaving aside this bigoted asshole's continued insistence on calling the kid
>white, denying his Native American ethnicity, it's now apparently racist for a
>white person to apply *anything* to his/her face? I wonder if Ray Park (STAR
>WARS's Darth Maul) knows this. I guess he was a racist for wearing that
>makeup. Or Jim Carrey in THE MASK. Racist for wearing the green face paint or
>no? Or any white woman who wears makeup. Now racist?
>
>It'll be nice to see how big a defamation check Deadspin is forced to write to
>this kid when the family are done with them. After The Washington Post was
>forced to settle with Nick Sandmann for a far less blatant smear, I bet the
>guys over at Deadspin are just loving their pet race hustler Karen Phillips
>right about now.

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<20231201170727.00001096@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210556&group=rec.arts.tv#210556

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and
Indians
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:07:27 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 22:07 UTC

On Fri, 01 Dec 2023 21:34:43 +0000
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> So if you missed it, the cameras at the KC Chiefs game over the
> weekend caught a little kid in the stands wearing face paint and an
> Indian headdress. The woke race baiters over at Deadspin,
> specifically a prolific race hustler name Carron (Karen) Phillips,
> threw a fit vilified him for wearing racist "blackface" and for
> cultural appropriation of Native American dress.
>
> Of course the picture Karen Phillips used in his article only showed
> the kid's face from the side so only the dark grey paint could be
> seen, implying that his whole face was similarly painted. Except it
> wasn't. The other half of his face was painted red. In other words,
> the kid painted his face in the colors of his favorite football team,
> not as a racist slam on black people.
>
> As for the headdress. Well, guess what? It turns out the kid is
> actually Native American himself. He (and his family) belongs to the
> Santa Ynez council of the Chumash Tribe. So explain how he can be
> racistly appropriating his own culture, Karen. Oh, wait. You didn't
> think to actually find out anything about the kid, did you? You just
> assumed he was white and ran with it. Who's actually the racist here,
> Karen?
>
> Amala Ekpunobi has a great little commentary on this:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aedvYW2fwMg
>
> What's all the more galling is that Karen Phillips, rather than admit
> he made a mistake and apologize, has doubled down on his claims of
> evil bigotry from this little boy. He says that it doesn't matter if
> the paint symbolized the team's colors or not; white people have no
> business painting their faces at all, given their history of
> oppression.
>
> Leaving aside this bigoted asshole's continued insistence on calling
> the kid white, denying his Native American ethnicity, it's now
> apparently racist for a white person to apply *anything* to his/her
> face? I wonder if Ray Park (STAR WARS's Darth Maul) knows this. I
> guess he was a racist for wearing that makeup. Or Jim Carrey in THE
> MASK. Racist for wearing the green face paint or no? Or any white
> woman who wears makeup. Now racist?
>
> It'll be nice to see how big a defamation check Deadspin is forced to
> write to this kid when the family are done with them. After The
> Washington Post was forced to settle with Nick Sandmann for a far
> less blatant smear, I bet the guys over at Deadspin are just loving
> their pet race hustler Karen Phillips right about now.

Multiple photos of our PRIME MINISTER wearing blackface surfaced
during an election campaign and he admitted that more such photos might
exist yet all he had to do was apologize publicly and it was like it
never happened. He was re-elected with a minority government and then
re-elected again with a near-identical minority government.

Phillips will probably get away with the same tactic. The Left (and
their media enablers/sycophants) doesn't really WANT to hold people like
him to account. In fact they NEED this sort of virtue-signalling to
feel good about themselves.

Mind you, I would LOVE to see this dirt bag sued for defamation and
have to pay a big settlement!

--
Rhino

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<p3tlmi97u77g7p805vur1m0bpq7f7ufkpp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210609&group=rec.arts.tv#210609

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 01:11:27 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 09:11 UTC

On Fri, 01 Dec 2023 21:34:43 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Leaving aside this bigoted asshole's continued insistence on calling the kid
>white, denying his Native American ethnicity, it's now apparently racist for a
>white person to apply *anything* to his/her face? I wonder if Ray Park (STAR
>WARS's Darth Maul) knows this. I guess he was a racist for wearing that
>makeup. Or Jim Carrey in THE MASK. Racist for wearing the green face paint or
>no? Or any white woman who wears makeup. Now racist?

How many NFL games DON'T have some "super fan" painting his/her face
in support of their favorite team?

It's been a long time since I've seen a game where the camera crew
didn't briefly break away to show some fan with an unusual outfit.....

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<v6tlmi5dvucnc0l1m06lihbioh1oappgno@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210614&group=rec.arts.tv#210614

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 01:16:08 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 09:16 UTC

On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:07:27 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Multiple photos of our PRIME MINISTER wearing blackface surfaced
>during an election campaign and he admitted that more such photos might
>exist yet all he had to do was apologize publicly and it was like it
>never happened. He was re-elected with a minority government and then
>re-elected again with a near-identical minority government.
>
>Phillips will probably get away with the same tactic. The Left (and
>their media enablers/sycophants) doesn't really WANT to hold people like
>him to account. In fact they NEED this sort of virtue-signalling to
>feel good about themselves.
>
>Mind you, I would LOVE to see this dirt bag sued for defamation and
>have to pay a big settlement!

Justin Trudeau wasn't in politics then - he was a school teacher in
Vancouver - I've seen the pictures (though haven't retained them.
(He's not from Vancouver himself but his mother is - I recently
attended Mass at the church his parents were married at in memory of
my late wife - it's about 3 miles from my home)

He was in his late 20s at the time so these are not recent.

However Google Images has lots of them at
https://www.google.com/search?q=justin+trudeau+black+face+pictures&sca_esv=587251333&tbm=isch&sxsrf=AM9HkKlRz_Qrybpwl2hXodf_U-NGy3i9Lg%3A1701508398249&source=hp&biw=1255&bih=540&ei=LvVqZa_pDKOt0PEP-KKhkA4&iflsig=AO6bgOgAAAAAZWsDPoR2WuQIGrxjAs6Lz4QMiQOIwEqX&ved=0ahUKEwivuKHdtPCCAxWjFjQIHXhRCOIQ4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=justin+trudeau+black+face+pictures&gs_lp=EgNpbWciImp1c3RpbiB0cnVkZWF1IGJsYWNrIGZhY2UgcGljdHVyZXNI5EhQAFilR3AAeACQAQCYAVKgAdoMqgECMzS4AQPIAQD4AQGKAgtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ICBBAjGCfCAgUQABiABMICCBAAGIAEGLEDwgIOEAAYgAQYigUYsQMYgwHCAgQQABgDwgILEAAYgAQYsQMYgwE&sclient=img

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<ukpr87$ooqd$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210947&group=rec.arts.tv#210947

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 04:30:47 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>So if you missed it, the cameras at the KC Chiefs game over the weekend
>caught a little kid in the stands wearing face paint and an Indian
>headdress. The woke race baiters over at Deadspin, specifically a prolific
>race hustler name Carron (Karen) Phillips, threw a fit vilified him for
>wearing racist "blackface" and for cultural appropriation of Native American
>dress.

I hope everyone involved gets their pants sued off them by the boy and his
family.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<ukpsmh$ooqd$17@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210955&group=rec.arts.tv#210955

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Indians
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 04:30:54 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>Mind you, I would LOVE to see this dirt bag sued for defamation and
>have to pay a big settlement!

Parents of a young Kansas City Chiefs fan � who was accused of �blackface� by
Deadspin � are threatening to sue the magazine and reporter after the writer
blasted the little fan who painted his face half red and half black for the
team�s last game against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Holden Armenta�s parents, Shannon and Raul �Bubba,� have hired Clare Locke
LLP to demand a retraction to its story with a headline that read, �The NFL
needs to speak out against the Kansas City Chiefs fan in Black face, Native
headdress,� NewsNation reported.

In a letter obtained by the outlet, the Armentas wrote that, �These articles,
posts on X and photos about Holden and his parents must be retracted
immediately.�

�It is not enough to quietly remove a tweet from X or disable the article
from Deadspin�s website,� the letter added. �You must publish your
retractions and issue an apology to my clients with the same prominence and
fanfare with which you defamed them.�

The outlet also noted that the Chiefs fan�s family have threatened further
action against the author Carron J. Phillips, Deadspin, G/O Media, and Great
Hill Partners.

Last week, Holden and his father appeared on �Jesse Watters Prime Time� to
discuss the fan being in the spotlight following allegations of racism from
Phillips.

�It�s been a lot. It�s been a pretty crazy couple of days,� Bubba said. �I
was mad, upset for him. I�m mad that he�s upset. He�s pretty devastated. I
mean, he�s seen the videos and everything posted.�

Armenta�s father also said it was �too late� for an apology from Phillips.

�The damage is already done,� Bubba said. �It�s, you know, worldwide. Now
there�s comments all over, there�s, you know, disrespect towards Native
Americans and towards my family. We never in any way, shape or form meant to
disrespect any Native Americans or any tribes.�

Watters then asked Holden how he was holding up.

EXCLUSIVE: The 9-year-old Chiefs fan, who was falsely smeared as a
racist for supporting his team, speaks out on Primetime.

Holden Armenta says this whole thing has been scary and overwhelming.
His father, Bubba, says it�s too late for an apology- the damage is
already done. pic.twitter.com/8T4WsMsvm6

� Jesse Watters (@JesseBWatters) November 30, 2023

�It�s OK because a lot of kids at school are getting excited, but it�s
starting to get me a little nervous because if they go a little bit
overboard, it�s a little scary,� Holden said.

Holden�s mom later took to Facebook and defended her son, calling out the
sports blog.

�This has nothing to do with the NFL,� Shannon Armenta wrote. �Also, CBS
showed him multiple times and this is the photo people chose to blast to
create division. He is Native American � just stop already.�

Holden is from an American Indian family, and his grandfather is on the board
of the Chumash tribe in Santa Ynez, California, according to The Post
Millennial.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Deadspin: Kid at Chief's Game is Racist Toward Both Blacks and Indians

<g924ni9irc0gmb4eiah301tpq2jl77nhu6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211023&group=rec.arts.tv#211023

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 10:06:21 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 18:06 UTC

On Wed, 06 Dec 2023 04:30:54 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>“This has nothing to do with the NFL,” Shannon Armenta wrote. “Also, CBS
>showed him multiple times and this is the photo people chose to blast to
>create division. He is Native American — just stop already.”
>
>Holden is from an American Indian family, and his grandfather is on the board
>of the Chumash tribe in Santa Ynez, California, according to The Post
>Millennial.

Frankly it would be gross over-reaction even if the kid wasn't of
native ethnicity. Kids do outrageous things all the time and while I'm
pretty sure I didn't do anything outrageous at a major league sporting
event in my childhood (and did attend a few) I'm equally sure I did
several things I'm sorry I did now many years later.