From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: to kind of quote "Weird Al", "She Lost at Jeopardy!"
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 02:22:34 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 02:22 UTC

[misc news]

Mayim Bialik out as "Jeopardy!" host

Mayim Bialik has announced that she is no longer the host of "Jeopardy!" after
being declared one of two permanent hosts more than a year ago.

According to a post on her Instagram, Sony -- the owners of "Jeopardy!" --
informed Bialik that she will no longer be hosting the syndicated version of
the show, meaning that her co-host Ken Jennings will likely take over the
full-time gig.
======
rest:
https://wgntv.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/mayim-bialik-out-as-jeopardy-host/

dannyb@panix.com

Re: to kind of quote "Weird Al", "She Lost at Jeopardy!"

<ulkqjv$2glj2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211748&group=rec.arts.tv#211748

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: to kind of quote "Weird Al", "She Lost at Jeopardy!"
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 18:34:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 18:34 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>[misc news]

> Mayim Bialik out as "Jeopardy!" host

>Mayim Bialik has announced that she is no longer the host of
>"Jeopardy!" after being declared one of two permanent hosts more than
>a year ago.

>According to a post on her Instagram, Sony -- the owners of "Jeopardy!" --
>informed Bialik that she will no longer be hosting the syndicated version of
>the show, meaning that her co-host Ken Jennings will likely take over the
>full-time gig.
> ======
>rest:
>https://wgntv.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/mayim-bialik-out-as-jeopardy-host/

You beat me to it. I was checking already posted articles to see if
someone else posted.

According to the AP story

https://apnews.com/article/mayim-bialik-jeopardy-host-545613a84a54c23d07da4a9f665172dd

Sony Pictures Television made a point in its press release that it
allowed her to make the announcement first. Uh, ok.

I think we were all expecting that her contract to host the show in
first-run syndication wouldn't be renewed given her refusal to host the
prime time show during the writers' strike. She'd already been fired
from the prime time show, right?

Re: to kind of quote "Weird Al", "She Lost at Jeopardy!"

<780368501.724390868.676626.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211759&group=rec.arts.tv#211759

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 13:48:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 20:48 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> [misc news]
>
> Mayim Bialik out as "Jeopardy!" host
>
> Mayim Bialik has announced that she is no longer the host of "Jeopardy!" after
> being declared one of two permanent hosts more than a year ago.

And there was much rejoicing!

> According to a post on her Instagram, Sony -- the owners of "Jeopardy!" --
> informed Bialik that she will no longer be hosting the syndicated version of
> the show, meaning that her co-host Ken Jennings will likely take over the
> full-time gig.
> ======
> rest:
> https://wgntv.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/mayim-bialik-out-as-jeopardy-host/

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Re: to kind of quote "Weird Al", "She Lost at Jeopardy!"

<16642730-080d-43b3-88c5-921e72b09408n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211764&group=rec.arts.tv#211764

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 13:19:47 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:19 UTC

On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 2:48:30 PM UTC-6, anim8rfsk wrote:
> danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> > [misc news]
> >
> > Mayim Bialik out as "Jeopardy!" host
> >
> > Mayim Bialik has announced that she is no longer the host of "Jeopardy!" after
> > being declared one of two permanent hosts more than a year ago.
> >
> And there was much rejoicing!
> > According to a post on her Instagram, Sony -- the owners of "Jeopardy!" --
> > informed Bialik that she will no longer be hosting the syndicated version of
> > the show, meaning that her co-host Ken Jennings will likely take over the
> > full-time gig.
> > ======
> > rest:
> > https://wgntv.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/mayim-bialik-out-as-jeopardy-host/

> > Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> > dan...@panix.com
> > [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]
> >
> --
> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

Spouting knowledge of random trivia in the form of a question is nap inducing.
And wheel of fortune takes 4 minutes to start solving a classic puzzle.
Contestants bios are unnecessary
Speed puzzles are for short attention span Gen Qs.