From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Dec. 8-15, 2023
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 09:31:45 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:31 UTC

On 12/16/23 8:55 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Programming list coming later today.
>
> --Robin
>

>     ABC news
>

> ABC To Celebrate ‘General Hospital’ With ’60 Years of Stars and
> Storytelling’ Special In January  (Dec. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/abc-general-hospital-anniversary-special-60-years-of-stars-and-storytelling-special-january-1235669717/

Okey dokey.

> ‘The Rookie’ Ups Lisseth Chavez To Series Regular For Season 6  (Dec. 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/the-rookie-lisseth-chavez-series-regular-season-6-celina-juarez-1235668477/

I thot she was already a regular!!

> ‘Station 19’ To End With Season 7 On ABC  (Dec. 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/station-19-end-season-7-abc-canceled-1235659533/

[fireworks!]
Hallelujah!!
Too bad it was 7 seasons too late!!

>     CBS news
>

> ‘The Bold & The Beautiful’ Shocker: Daytime Emmy Nominee Krista Allen
> Has Left The CBS Sudser  (Dec. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/the-bold-the-beautiful-krista-allen-taylor-hayes-leaving-show-1235669419/

Typical "Bold"! If you're not Ridge or Brooke, your days on the show are
pretty much always numbered - they almost never keep most people around
for very long.

>     CW news
>

> The CW Midseason Premiere Dates Set For New & Returning Series, ‘I Am’
> Documentaries  (Dec. 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/cw-premiere-dates-2024-1235665268/

I don't care, unless they renew "The Spencer Sisters". >:/

>     Fox news
>

> Fox Orders ‘Murder In A Small Town’ Drama Series Starring Rossif
> Sutherland & Kristin Kreuk  (Dec. 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/murder-in-a-small-town-series-rossif-sutherland-kristin-kreuk-international-content-strategy-1235662906/

Gotta love how Fox is now aping The All New! NEW!! CW by switching from
originals to importing from Can-a-der!!

>     NBC news
>

> ‘Magnum P.I.’ Finale Airdate Revealed  (Dec. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/magnum-p-i-finale-airdate-1235669923/

[roll]

> Dean Norris Joins ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ As Stabler’s Brother
> (Dec. 13)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/dean-norris-law-and-order-organized-crime-christopher-meloni-1235667019/

[roll]

>     Cable channel news
>

> ‘Power Book IV: Force’ Renewed For Season 3 At Starz  (Nov. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/power-book-iv-force-renewed-season-3-starz-1235669234/

NOBODY GETS STARZ!!

> ‘Hightown’ To End With Season 3 On Starz  (Dec. 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/hightown-canceled-season-3-starz-1235664738/

See above.

> Bob Odenkirk’s ‘Lucky Hank’ Canceled At AMC After One Season  (Dec. 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/lucky-hank-canceled-bob-odenkirk-1235659436/

I don't think I read anybody that liked it.

> ‘Cruel Summer’ & ‘Good Trouble’ Canceled By Freeform  (Dec. 8)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/cruel-summer-good-trouble-canceled-freeform-1235659466/

Already covered by me here (did I beat Robin?!!) - We all know Freeform
is dead anyway.

>     Streaming service news
>

> Alexander Siddig Joins Apple’s ‘Foundation’ As New Series Regular In
> Season 3  (Dec. 13)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/alexander-siddig-foundation-apple-season-3-1235666519/

OK, interesting...

> ‘SEAL Team’: Beau Knapp Joins 7th & Final Season As New Series Regular
> [Paramount+]  (Dec. 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/seal-team-beau-knapp-final-season-series-regular-1235665178/

Still have to get to this one!!

> Charlotte Gainsbourg To Replace Camille Cottin In Amy Sherman-Palladino
> and Daniel Palladino’s Prime Video Series ‘Étoile’  (Dec. 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/charlotte-gainsbourg-camille-cottin-prime-video-series-etoile-1235663102/

Boy, she's gonna regret that career move!!

> Netflix Serves Up More Live Sports With Rafael Nadal Facing Carlos
> Alcaraz In Tennis Slam  (Dec. 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/netflix-slam-rafael-nadal-carlos-alcaraz-1235661587/

WTF?!

>     Ratings
>

> ‘The Crown’ Rules Nielsen Top 10 List As Season 6 Debuts; Acquired
> Titles Remain Dominant  (Dec. 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/the-crown-season-6-nielsen-ratings-netflix-1235668517/

The Crown season #6 SUCKS!!

> Netflix’s Viewership Data Provides Glimpse Into Renewal Decisions:
> ‘Shadow And Bone’ Was Most Watched Canceled Series In First Half Of 2023
>  (Dec. 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/netflix-viewership-data-renewals-cancellations-shadow-and-bone-1235665303/

:(

>     The business of TV
>

> All ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Seasons To Be Available On Disney One-App; Netflix
> Gets Window On 14 Disney Series As Part of Licensing Deal  (Dec. 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/greys-anatomy-disney-one-app-netflix-licensing-this-is-us-archer-lost-1235649719/

So, Disney/Hulu is punishing us?!... ;p

> Showtime Linear Network Sets Date Of Rebrand To Paramount+ With Showtime
>  (Dec. 11)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/showtime-linear-network-rebrand-paramount-plus-streaming-1235661665/

FUCK PARAMOUNT!!

>     Obituaries
>

> Matthew Perry died from effects of drug ketamine, coroner says (Dec. 15)
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/matthew-perry-died-effects-drug-213438539.html

:(

> André Braugher Cause Of Death Revealed [Lung Cancer]  (Dec. 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/andre-braugher-cause-of-death-lung-cancer-1235668219/

:(

> Jack Hogan Dies: ‘Combat!’ Actor Was 94  (Dec. 10)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/jack-hogan-dead-combat-actor-1235661141/

Wow - didn't know anybody from that show was still around!

>     Other News
>

> 2024 Premiere Dates For New & Returning Series On Broadcast, Cable &
> Streaming  (Dec. 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/feature/2024-tv-premiere-dates-1235365501/
>

> Daytime Emmy Awards: ‘General Hospital’ Wins Outstanding Drama ­Full
> Winners List  (Dec. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/2023-daytime-emmy-winners-1235669863/

This is a pretty laughable lackluster list - I mean, the two acting
awards went of B&B?!?!!

> Ray Romano On ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ Reboot: “It’s Out Of The
> Question”  (Dec. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/ray-romano-everybody-loves-raymond-reboot-out-of-the-question-1235670004/

Good answer.

> Mayim Bialik Out As ‘Jeopardy!’ Host  (Dec. 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/mayim-bialik-exits-jeopardy-1235669885/

YaY!!!
[fireworks!]

:)

> ‘Big Bang Theory’ Alumna Kate Micucci Reveals Lung Cancer Diagnosis:
> “Never Smoked A Cigarette In My Life”  (Dec. 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/big-bang-theory-kate-micucci-lung-cancer-diagnosis-surgery-1235664877/

:(