Anyone who understands everything that comes out of fortune probably has a problem

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSBTR1701
`* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSFPP
 +* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSEd Stasiak
 |+* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSFPP
 ||`- Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSEd Stasiak
 |`- Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSBTR1701
 `* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWStrotsky
  `* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSFPP
   `* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWStrotsky
    `* Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWSFPP
     `- Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWStrotsky

1
Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<atropos-58F417.20374403122023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210784&group=rec.arts.tv#210784

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 20:37:44 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 04:37 UTC

In article <faada9de-604f-4e64-a6ea-bcfc671f2144n@googlegroups.com>,
bruce bowser <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fox News Reports:

> Sen John Kennedy R-LA: Chicago "has become America's largest outdoor shooting
> range."

> Dr. Ranney: "Mississippi, Louisiana, and Missouri actually have higher
> firearm death rates."

So they're comparing entire states to the city of Chicago in order to
try and say, "See? Reds are bad, too!" and they're hoping no one notices
that bullshit?

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<ukl1fs$3gfu0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210857&group=rec.arts.tv#210857

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 12:15:40 -0500
 by: FPP - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 17:15 UTC

On 12/3/23 11:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <faada9de-604f-4e64-a6ea-bcfc671f2144n@googlegroups.com>,
> bruce bowser <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Fox News Reports:
>
>> Sen John Kennedy R-LA: Chicago "has become America's largest outdoor shooting
>> range."
>
>> Dr. Ranney: "Mississippi, Louisiana, and Missouri actually have higher
>> firearm death rates."
>
> So they're comparing entire states to the city of Chicago in order to
> try and say, "See? Reds are bad, too!" and they're hoping no one notices
> that bullshit?

Sure. Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?
Why not just look at individual blocks? That way you can narrow down
your cherry picking.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<5d3a1ad8-0169-417f-b58c-abe4ba252a15n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210869&group=rec.arts.tv#210869

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:47:34 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 21:47 UTC

> FPP
> > BTR1701
> >
> > So they're comparing entire states to the city of Chicago in order to
> > try and say, "See? Reds are bad, too!" and they're hoping no one notices
> > that bullshit?
>
> Sure. Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?

Because the devil is in the details, something anti-gun fundies studiously
avoid, as it shoots down their entire argument.

As I've pointed out numerous times before, the _city_ of Chicago has more
murders then the _entire state_ of neighboring Indiana, despite Indiana's
supposedly "lax gun laws".

> Why not just look at individual blocks? That way you can narrow down
> your cherry picking.

I've also repeatedly pointed out that the _city_ of Detroit accounts for
60% of the murders in Michigan, despite making up only 7% of the state's
population.

Guns are not and have never been the problem.

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<uknbnt$69n9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210894&group=rec.arts.tv#210894

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 09:22:52 -0500
 by: FPP - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:22 UTC

On 12/5/23 9:04 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 4:47:38 PM UTC-5, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>>> FPP

>>> Sure. Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?
>> Because the devil is in the details, something anti-gun fundies studiously
>> avoid, as it shoots down their entire argument.
>>
>> As I've pointed out numerous times before, the _city_ of Chicago has more
>> murders then the _entire state_ of neighboring Indiana, despite Indiana's
>> supposedly "lax gun laws".
>>> Why not just look at individual blocks? That way you can narrow down
>>> your cherry picking.
>> I've also repeatedly pointed out that the _city_ of Detroit accounts for
>> 60% of the murders in Michigan, despite making up only 7% of the state's
>> population.
>>
>> Guns are not and have never been the problem.
>
> Sure, right. Yeah, OK. That's why Fox News (of all people) wrote the article, especially beginning with the line: "a Republican senator and Yale School of Public Health dean recently sparred on gun crime". Go back to sleep.

Lots of other countries have mental illness problems.
Lots of other countries have violent video game problems.
Lots of other countries have hate crime problems.
Lots of other countries have all the same problems we have.

So... why is this the only country that has mass shootings every day?
What sets America apart from the rest of the world? What do we do that
nobody else does?

They know what that is, just like you do, and I do. We all know what we
have that's different. We all know what we do that's different.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<7fa03a01-d223-44f5-8671-c5475cb49c53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210924&group=rec.arts.tv#210924

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:48:14 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:48 UTC

> FPP
>
> Lots of other countries have mental illness problems.
> Lots of other countries have violent video game problems.
> Lots of other countries have hate crime problems.
> Lots of other countries have all the same problems we have.
>
> So... why is this the only country that has mass shootings every day?
> What sets America apart from the rest of the world? What do we do
> that nobody else does?

15% of their populations aren't Black-Americans with a wildly
violent culture of machismo?

Because I've also repeatedly pointed out that the murder rate
for White-Americans is on par with Belgium, whereas the rate
for Black-Americans is on par with Zimbabwe.

https://i.postimg.cc/sDRmhT8z/temp-Image4-Z1-AIr.jpg

Clearly guns are not and have never been the problem.

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<fwmdnUzE7JZhU-74nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211088&group=rec.arts.tv#211088

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 02:20:44 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 02:20 UTC

On Dec 4, 2023 at 1:47:34 PM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> FPP
>> > BTR1701
>> >
>> > So they're comparing entire states to the city of Chicago in order to
>> > try and say, "See? Reds are bad, too!" and they're hoping no one notices
>> > that bullshit?
>>
>> Sure. Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?
>
> Because the devil is in the details, something anti-gun fundies studiously
> avoid, as it shoots down their entire argument.
>
> As I've pointed out numerous times before, the _city_ of Chicago has more
> murders then the _entire state_ of neighboring Indiana, despite Indiana's
> supposedly "lax gun laws".
>
>> Why not just look at individual blocks? That way you can narrow down
>> your cherry picking.
>
> I've also repeatedly pointed out that the _city_ of Detroit accounts for
> 60% of the murders in Michigan, despite making up only 7% of the state's
> population.
>
> Guns are not and have never been the problem.

Considering how obsessed the media is with race, it's weird how this doesn't
ever make the media coverage…

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/agfbl7rbrt1mudey901ow/ShoolShootingBreakdown.png?rlkey=bfbv64lvm1922sd33sgbo0sr8&dl=0

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<17a14b72f2b1656e$77798$2194212$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211731&group=rec.arts.tv#211731

Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 05:11:30 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:11 UTC

On 12/4/23 11:15 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 12/3/23 11:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <faada9de-604f-4e64-a6ea-bcfc671f2144n@googlegroups.com>,
>>   bruce bowser <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Fox News Reports:
>>
>>> Sen John Kennedy R-LA: Chicago "has become America's largest outdoor
>>> shooting
>>> range."
>>
>>> Dr. Ranney: "Mississippi, Louisiana, and Missouri actually have higher
>>> firearm death rates."
>>
>> So they're comparing entire states to the city of Chicago in order to
>> try and say, "See? Reds are bad, too!" and they're hoping no one notices
>> that bullshit?
>>

> Sure.  Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?
> Why not just look at individual blocks?  That way you can narrow down
> your cherry picking.

I don't know what happened to Twat, he used to have a modicum of
intelligence but these days he makes Senator Foghorn Leghorn look like a
genius.

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<ulk6s4$2dlcm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211732&group=rec.arts.tv#211732

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 07:57:40 -0500
 by: FPP - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 12:57 UTC

On 12/16/23 6:11 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 12/4/23 11:15 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 12/3/23 11:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> So they're comparing entire states to the city of Chicago in order to
>>> try and say, "See? Reds are bad, too!" and they're hoping no one notices
>>> that bullshit?
>>>

>> Sure.  Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?
>> Why not just look at individual blocks?  That way you can narrow down
>> your cherry picking.
>>

> I don't know what happened to Twat, he used to have a modicum of
> intelligence but these days he makes Senator Foghorn Leghorn look like a
> genius.

Lately this place has turned into a non-stop petty bitch fest. Tiny
microaggressions are examined in great detail, as if they were the end
of the world.

If I wanted to know what some asshole on Twitter or YouTube thinks, I'd
go there.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<17a15fc255ad4522$16799$104255$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211741&group=rec.arts.tv#211741

Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:23:41 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:23 UTC

On 12/16/23 6:57 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 12/16/23 6:11 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Sure.  Why isn't that at least as valid as looking at one city?
>>> Why not just look at individual blocks?  That way you can narrow down
>>> your cherry picking.
>>>

>> I don't know what happened to Twat, he used to have a modicum of
>> intelligence but these days he makes Senator Foghorn Leghorn look like
>> a genius.
>
> Lately this place has turned into a non-stop petty bitch fest.   Tiny
> microaggressions are examined in great detail, as if they were the end
> of the world.
>
> If I wanted to know what some asshole on Twitter or YouTube thinks, I'd
> go there.

Also, though the right wing continues to descend further into insanity,
the right wing peeps here don't have the spines to be able to talk about
it. You'd think guys as discerning as they are would have something to
say about Rudy's rather large damages he's been ordered to pay. But
then you'd think the same thing about the Dominion lawsuit against Fox,
but they didn't have the compunction to talk about that either. Sad.

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<ulmnd8$2trc6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211798&group=rec.arts.tv#211798

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 06:52:07 -0500
 by: FPP - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 11:52 UTC

On 12/16/23 12:23 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 12/16/23 6:57 AM, FPP wrote:

>>> I don't know what happened to Twat, he used to have a modicum of
>>> intelligence but these days he makes Senator Foghorn Leghorn look
>>> like a genius.
>>
>> Lately this place has turned into a non-stop petty bitch fest.   Tiny
>> microaggressions are examined in great detail, as if they were the end
>> of the world.
>>
>> If I wanted to know what some asshole on Twitter or YouTube thinks,
>> I'd go there.
>

> Also, though the right wing continues to descend further into insanity,
> the right wing peeps here don't have the spines to be able to talk about
> it.  You'd think guys as discerning as they are would have something to
> say about Rudy's rather large damages he's been ordered to pay.  But
> then you'd think the same thing about the Dominion lawsuit against Fox,
> but they didn't have the compunction to talk about that either.  Sad.

They're becoming rage junkies. Nothing of substance... just a constant
barrage of old men yelling at kids to get off their lawns.

I get tired of hearing what some half-baked kid on Twitter, Instagram or
Tik-Tok thinks about something that doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Jesus. Grown men shouldn't be fixating on trivia like a dog does with a
squirrel.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Red States Top Chicago Gun Deaths, Sen John Kennedy FOX NEWS

<17a19fbee4b3fa95$22265$3990353$cd54664@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=211804&group=rec.arts.tv#211804

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 06:56:15 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:56 UTC

On 12/17/23 5:52 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 12/16/23 12:23 PM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Lately this place has turned into a non-stop petty bitch fest.   Tiny
>>> microaggressions are examined in great detail, as if they were the
>>> end of the world.
>>>
>>> If I wanted to know what some asshole on Twitter or YouTube thinks,
>>> I'd go there.
>>

>> Also, though the right wing continues to descend further into
>> insanity, the right wing peeps here don't have the spines to be able
>> to talk about it.  You'd think guys as discerning as they are would
>> have something to say about Rudy's rather large damages he's been
>> ordered to pay.  But then you'd think the same thing about the
>> Dominion lawsuit against Fox, but they didn't have the compunction to
>> talk about that either.  Sad.
>>

> They're becoming rage junkies.  Nothing of substance... just a constant
> barrage of old men yelling at kids to get off their lawns.
>
> I get tired of hearing what some half-baked kid on Twitter, Instagram or
> Tik-Tok thinks about something that doesn't affect me in the slightest.
>
> Jesus.  Grown men shouldn't be fixating on trivia like a dog does with a
> squirrel.

100% I'd imagine at first it was very difficult to respond to any posts
when the were sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "I cunt
hear you!"