The meek shall inherit the earth; the rest of us, the Universe.

arts / rec.arts.tv / NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum

SubjectAuthor
* NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallumdanny burstein
+* Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallumLarc
|`- Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallumanim8rfsk
`- Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallumUbiquitous

1
NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum

<Pine.NEB.4.64.2312232350270.3405@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212238&group=rec.arts.tv#212238

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.navy-ncis,rec.arts.tv
Subject: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:52:53 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:52 UTC

[tvline]

NCIS' David McCallum Tribute Episode: Get Date, Plot Details (Exclusive)

NCIS has locked in its plan to pay tribute to original cast member David
McCallum, who died on Sept. 25 at age 90.

TVLine can exclusively report that the second episode of the new NCIS
season will address McCallum's passing and serve as a tribute to his
beloved character, chief medical examiner-turned-NCIS Historian Dr. Donald
"Ducky" Mallard.

NCIS has locked in its plan to pay tribute to original cast member David
McCallum, who died on Sept. 25 at age 90.

TVLine can exclusively report that the second episode of the new NCIS
season will address McCallum's passing and serve as a tribute to his
beloved character, chief medical examiner-turned-NCIS Historian Dr. Donald
"Ducky" Mallard.

Quite fittingly, longtime cast member Brian Dietzen -- who since Season 1
has played Ducky's protege, Dr. Jimmy Palmer -- is co-writer on the
episode, with executive producer Scott Williams.

NCIS Season 21 premieres Monday, Feb. 12 at 9/8c; the McCallum/Ducky
tribute will air the following week, on Feb. 19.

In an exclusive statement to TVLine, NCIS co-showrunners/executive
producers Steven D. Binder and David North said, "Everyone at NCIS felt it
was important to do an episode that honors such a legendary actor, not to
mention a dear friend.

"In the episode, the team will learn of Ducky's passing and reflect on
their memories of him as they grieve," the EPs previewed. "And true to
Ducky's meticulous and compassionate nature, even after he's gone, he
still manages to solve one last crime with the team."
========
rest:
https://tvline.com/news/ncis-address-david-mccallum-death-season-21-1235101221/

dannyb@panix.com

Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum

<disloip6kbu1h9p62l7ckig9uvqvjhn3ql@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212347&group=rec.arts.tv#212347

From: lar...@notmyaddress.com (Larc)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.navy-ncis,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 10:44:21 -0500
 by: Larc - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 15:44 UTC

On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:52:53 +0000, danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

| [tvline]
|
| NCIS' David McCallum Tribute Episode: Get Date, Plot Details (Exclusive)
|
| NCIS has locked in its plan to pay tribute to original cast member David
| McCallum, who died on Sept. 25 at age 90.
|
| TVLine can exclusively report that the second episode of the new NCIS
| season will address McCallum's passing and serve as a tribute to his
| beloved character, chief medical examiner-turned-NCIS Historian Dr. Donald
| "Ducky" Mallard.

Short of of Mark Harmon's physical incapacity, it will be unforgivable if Gibbs isn't
back for this. A few other former main cast members would be good as well, but Gibbs
is a must.

Larc

Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum

<1451088419.725306253.746783.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212356&group=rec.arts.tv#212356

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.navy-ncis
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 10:58:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 17:58 UTC

Larc <larc@notmyaddress.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:52:53 +0000, danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> | [tvline]
> |
> | NCIS' David McCallum Tribute Episode: Get Date, Plot Details (Exclusive)
> |
> | NCIS has locked in its plan to pay tribute to original cast member David
> | McCallum, who died on Sept. 25 at age 90.
> |
> | TVLine can exclusively report that the second episode of the new NCIS
> | season will address McCallum's passing and serve as a tribute to his
> | beloved character, chief medical examiner-turned-NCIS Historian Dr. Donald
> | "Ducky" Mallard.
>
> Short of of Mark Harmon's physical incapacity, it will be unforgivable if Gibbs isn't
> back for this. A few other former main cast members would be good as well, but Gibbs
> is a must.
>
> Larc

Hell Gibbs could do a literal phone in.

Re: NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum

<umjqmr$cc68$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212549&group=rec.arts.tv#212549

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.navy-ncis,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 04:30:46 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

dannyb@panix.com wrote:

>TVLine can exclusively report that the second episode of the new NCIS
>season will address McCallum's passing and serve as a tribute to his
>beloved character, chief medical examiner-turned-NCIS Historian Dr. Donald
>"Ducky" Mallard.

"Ducky"?

I take it Disney threatened them?

--
"By the way, the same stable Jesus said the biggest problem is we had in the
revolutionary war as we didn't have enough airports."

arts / rec.arts.tv / NCIS's "farewell" episode to David McCallum