From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Pop star Doja Cat calls out music/fans as garbage/morons (some honesty)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 02:42:01 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 06:12 UTC

On Dec 26, 2023, RichA wrote
(in article<3cd6891f-7e0f-49ed-bba8-811dc4ab4a15n@googlegroups.com>):

> Of course, anyone with even a tiny bit of musical taste knows contemporary
> pop is sewage.
>
> BBC:
> Doja Cat put some fans' noses slightly out of joint when she said her
> previous two albums were nothing more than money-making exercises, and
> effectively mocked people for enjoying them.
>
> "Planet Her and Hot Pink were cash-grabs and y'all fell for it," she wrote on
> social media. "Now I can go disappear somewhere and touch grass with my loved
> ones on an island while y'all weep for mediocre pop."
>
> Frankly, this made us love her more - we all have bills to pay and she isn't
> wrong about our music taste.
>
> But she didn't stop there. In another post she questioned the name her fans
> gave themselves, writing: "If you call yourself a 'kitten' or 'kittenz', that
> means you need to get off your phone and get a job and help your parents with
> the house.”
She is very compatible with Robert Cray’s bass player Richard Cousins.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;