From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] The return of the USSR?
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 23:00:20 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 04:00 UTC

Okay, this may well be slightly premature - then again, maybe not - but
we are seeing signs that the USSR is back, at least within the territory
of the Russian Federation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxtZsUJzMyw [7 minutes]

The host, a Russian expat named Konstantin, describes the lines that
people faced to buy staples like bread in his childhood (in the late
80s) and then shows very similar lines in present-day Russia to simply
buy eggs.

It's not clear how widespread the shortages are from this video so
perhaps this is merely a localized or temporary problem. Then again,
Putin has said the single most tragic event of the 20th century was the
end of the USSR. Perhaps he is reviving it even now....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] The return of the USSR?

<umivkm$ehuo$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212533&group=rec.arts.tv#212533

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] The return of the USSR?
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 21:04:21 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 05:04 UTC

On 12/27/2023 8:00 PM, Rhino wrote:
> Okay, this may well be slightly premature - then again, maybe not - but
> we are seeing signs that the USSR is back, at least within the territory
> of the Russian Federation:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxtZsUJzMyw [7 minutes]
>
> The host, a Russian expat named Konstantin, describes the lines that
> people faced to buy staples like bread in his childhood (in the late
> 80s) and then shows very similar lines in present-day Russia to simply
> buy eggs.
>
> It's not clear how widespread the shortages are from this video so
> perhaps this is merely a localized or temporary problem. Then again,
> Putin has said the single most tragic event of the 20th century was the
> end of the USSR. Perhaps he is reviving it even now....

This has been Putin's goal since he became head of Russia.

Re: [OT] The return of the USSR?

<umj0da$9cb4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212536&group=rec.arts.tv#212536

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 05:17:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 05:17 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 12/27/2023 8:00 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>Okay, this may well be slightly premature - then again, maybe not - but
>>we are seeing signs that the USSR is back, at least within the territory
>>of the Russian Federation:

>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxtZsUJzMyw [7 minutes]

>>The host, a Russian expat named Konstantin, describes the lines that
>>people faced to buy staples like bread in his childhood (in the late
>>80s) and then shows very similar lines in present-day Russia to simply
>>buy eggs.

>>It's not clear how widespread the shortages are from this video so
>>perhaps this is merely a localized or temporary problem. Then again,
>>Putin has said the single most tragic event of the 20th century was the
>>end of the USSR. Perhaps he is reviving it even now....

>This has been Putin's goal since he became head of Russia.

He believes he's Catherine the Great!

Re: [OT] The return of the USSR?

<1332852771.725443199.010677.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212561&group=rec.arts.tv#212561

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 06:46:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:46 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>> On 12/27/2023 8:00 PM, Rhino wrote:
>
>>> Okay, this may well be slightly premature - then again, maybe not - but
>>> we are seeing signs that the USSR is back, at least within the territory
>>> of the Russian Federation:
>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxtZsUJzMyw [7 minutes]
>
>>> The host, a Russian expat named Konstantin, describes the lines that
>>> people faced to buy staples like bread in his childhood (in the late
>>> 80s) and then shows very similar lines in present-day Russia to simply
>>> buy eggs.
>
>>> It's not clear how widespread the shortages are from this video so
>>> perhaps this is merely a localized or temporary problem. Then again,
>>> Putin has said the single most tragic event of the 20th century was the
>>> end of the USSR. Perhaps he is reviving it even now....
>
>> This has been Putin's goal since he became head of Russia.
>
> He believes he's Catherine the Great!

And this time he’s not horsing around