Them as has, gets.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023Robin Miller
+* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023anim8rfsk
|+- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023A Friend
|`- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023Ian J. Ball
`* Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023Ian J. Ball
 `- Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023Robin Miller

1
Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

<kvbkptF2c8cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212785&group=rec.arts.tv#212785

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 17:44:05 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 22:44 UTC

Saturday, Dec. 30

Captains of the World [new; complete limited series] (3:01
am, Netflix)

From the locker room to the pitch, this docuseries offers exclusive
access to all 32 teams as they fight for football glory in the 2022 FIFA
World Cup. British series; six episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvbQtARquR8

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26218818/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81681112

Secret Love Triangle (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When Jessica is falsely charged with the murder of her best friend’s
husband, she escapes from jail and goes on the run with her husband Matt
in an attempt to clear her name but untangles a deadly web of lust and
deceit that leads directly to those she trusts the most. Stars Brianna
Cohen, Jonathan Stoddard, and Harley Bronwyn.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/secret-love-triangle

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30524124/

I Am Burt Reynolds (documentary) (8-10 pm, CW)

Burt Reynolds was the last true movie star. With a career in Hollywood
dating back to the studio system, Gunsmoke, and hanging with the Rat
Pack, Reynolds epitomized Old Hollywood while never ceasing to be a
Florida "good ole boy." From his beginnings in the old studio system and
guest TV appearances, through to his breakout roles in Deliverance and
The Longest Yard, on to Boogie Nights and his smash hit, Smokey and the
Bandit, Burt Reynolds blended Southern charm with a progressive attitude
towards women, race and sexuality and was a hero to both conservative
and liberal America alike. The film was directed by Adrian Buitenhuis
and was awarded Best Documentary at the Breckenridge Film Fest 2021. 1h 31m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13721940/ [rating 7.2]

Time Bomb Y2K (documentary) (10 pm, HBO)

Examines the 1999 doomsday computer glitch and explores how modern life
has been dramatically transformed by the digital revolution. 1h 24m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Q8v7Z7TJs

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26786629/

Note: Today Netflix also added a disparate group of 1974 films: Alice
Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Black Belt Jones, It's Alive and The Street
Fighter.

Sunday, Dec. 31

The Abandoned [Cha wu ci xin] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Police officer Wu Jie is about to take her own life when the body of a
young Thai woman washes ashore. A cut-off finger and a missing heart
only confirm that what looked like a tragic accident is a murder, and
evidently a gruesome one. As the number of missing women climbs, Wu Jie
braces herself, pushes her demons aside and together with her rookie
colleague dives into the pattern of grisly clues and unreliable scraps
of evidence. Taiwanese film; 2h 8m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAJ9T7qBThc

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22742070/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81652564

Dave Chappelle: The Dreamer (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgL63c80X4

https://www.netflix.com/title/81665820

Off Script With The Hollywood Reporter [new] (8 and 9
am, two episodes, SundanceTV)

Host Yvonne Orji chats with major musicians, actors, and filmmakers in a
talk series geared toward awards season. Five episodes concluding on
Jan. 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAr2lD3jGzs

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/watch-off-script-with-the-hollywood-reporter-sundancetv-1235776085/

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/off-script-with-the-hollywood-reporter/listings/

The Year: Countdown to 2024 (special) (7-8 pm, ABC)

New Year's Eve Live: Nashville's Big Bash (live event)
(7:30 pm, CBS)

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Even With Ryan Seacrest 2024
(live event) (8 pm, ABC)

CNN New Year's Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen (live
event) (8 pm, CNN)

(end)

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

<314984962.725684840.983899.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212798&group=rec.arts.tv#212798

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 20:20:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 03:20 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Saturday, Dec. 30
>

> Captains of the World [new; complete limited series] (3:01
> am, Netflix)

Nobody gets the Netflix

> Secret Love Triangle (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

May I never watch another lifetime movie again?

> I Am Burt Reynolds (documentary) (8-10 pm, CW)

The C Dub must die

> Time Bomb Y2K (documentary) (10 pm, HBO)
>
> Examines the 1999 doomsday computer glitch and

That didn’t affect Mac users at all

> Note: Today Netflix also added a disparate group of 1974 films: Alice
> Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Black Belt Jones, It's Alive and The Street
> Fighter.

Nobody gets the Netflix

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Sunday, Dec. 31
>

> Off Script With The Hollywood Reporter [new] (8 and 9
> am, two episodes, SundanceTV)

Does anybody get the Sundance?

> CNN New Year's Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen (live
> event) (8 pm, CNN)

My God, the ads for that are cringe worthy

> (end)

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

<301220232251205540%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212800&group=rec.arts.tv#212800

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 22:51:20 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 03:51 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > Sunday, Dec. 31
> >

> > Off Script With The Hollywood Reporter [new] (8 and 9
> > am, two episodes, SundanceTV)
>
> Does anybody get the Sundance?

I do. I don't think I've ever watched anything on it, though.

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

<umsa0r$1q1md$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212820&group=rec.arts.tv#212820

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 09:56:43 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 17:56 UTC

On 12/30/23 7:20 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Saturday, Dec. 30
>>

>> Captains of the World [new; complete limited series] (3:01
>> am, Netflix)
>
> Nobody gets the Netflix

This is true!

>> Secret Love Triangle (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> May I never watch another lifetime movie again?

Huh. Didn't even know this was on last night. Will have to catch the
rerun(?)...

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

<umsa75$1q1md$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212821&group=rec.arts.tv#212821

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 10:00:05 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:00 UTC

On 12/30/23 2:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>         Saturday, Dec. 30
>

> Secret Love Triangle   (movie)    (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When Jessica is falsely charged with the murder of her best friend’s
> husband, she escapes from jail and goes on the run with her husband Matt
> in an attempt to clear her name but untangles a deadly web of lust and
> deceit that leads directly to those she trusts the most. Stars Brianna
> Cohen, Jonathan Stoddard, and Harley Bronwyn.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/secret-love-triangle
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30524124/

Huh - I was looking this up just this morning. I didn't realize it was
"new"... I'll have to try to catch a "reairing".

>         Sunday, Dec. 31
>

> New Year's Eve Live: Nashville's Big Bash          (live event) (7:30
> pm, CBS)
>

> Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Even With Ryan Seacrest 2024 (live
> event)       (8 pm, ABC)
>

> CNN New Year's Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen   (live
> event)    (8 pm, CNN)

Well, that is dreary.

I liked it when Fox ran that Pitbull New Year's Eve special one - I wish
they had stuck with that...

> (end)

Re: Selected programming for Dec. 30-31, 2023

<kve3r3Fg08fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212832&group=rec.arts.tv#212832

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:13:05 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 21:13 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 12/30/23 2:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>          Saturday, Dec. 30
>>

>> Secret Love Triangle   (movie)    (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> When Jessica is falsely charged with the murder of her best friend’s
>> husband, she escapes from jail and goes on the run with her husband
>> Matt in an attempt to clear her name but untangles a deadly web of
>> lust and deceit that leads directly to those she trusts the most.
>> Stars Brianna Cohen, Jonathan Stoddard, and Harley Bronwyn.
>>
>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/secret-love-triangle
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30524124/
>
> Huh - I was looking this up just this morning. I didn't realize it was
> "new"... I'll have to try to catch a "reairing".
>

>>          Sunday, Dec. 31
>>

>> New Year's Eve Live: Nashville's Big Bash          (live event) (7:30
>> pm, CBS)
>>

>> Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Even With Ryan Seacrest 2024 (live
>> event)       (8 pm, ABC)
>>

>> CNN New Year's Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen   (live
>> event)    (8 pm, CNN)
>
> Well, that is dreary.
>
> I liked it when Fox ran that Pitbull New Year's Eve special one - I wish
> they had stuck with that...
>

>> (end)

Amazingly, there is a long Wiki article on Fox's New Year's Eve specials:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_New_Year%27s_Eve_specials

Knocked out by Covid in recent years:

For 2021–22, Fox originally announced that Toast & Roast would return,
with performances by Billy Idol, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, Pink, and
Trace Adkins (WWE SmackDown was pre-empted to FS1, airing a prerecorded
year-in-review special). On December 21, 2021, however, Fox announced
that due to COVID-19 pandemic-related concerns—especially involving the
widespread surge of the Omicron variant in New York City—that the
special had been cancelled. Reruns of the Beat Shazam, Gordon Ramsay's
Road Trip, and I Can See Your Voice holiday specials aired in its place;
thus, Fox did not provide any national New Year's programming on
broadcast television for the first time since 1991,[95] an absence that
would continue thereafter:

in 2022, the network aired only reruns of Hell's Kitchen, and in 2023,
it will air reruns of Hell's Kitchen (at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT) and the
animated series of its Animation Domination lineup (starting at 8:00
p.m. ET/PT) on New Year's Eve night.

--Robin