It is better to have loved and lost -- much better.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023Robin Miller
+* Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023anim8rfsk
|`- Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023Ian J. Ball
`- Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023Ian J. Ball

1
TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023

<kvbl1aF2di7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212786&group=rec.arts.tv#212786

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 17:48:01 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 22:48 UTC

ABC news

‘General Hospital’ Tabs Nicole Paggi To Temporarily Replace Kirsten
Storms (Dec. 27)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/general-hospital-tabs-nicole-paggi-temporarily-replace-kirsten-storms-1235682581/

CBS news

Brian Gaskill Is Joining ‘The Young And The Restless’ Cast In New Role
(Dec. 30)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/brian-gaskill-joining-the-young-and-the-restless-cast-1235683349/

NBC news

Kapil Talwalkar Won’t Return To ‘Night Court’ For Season 2 (Dec. 28)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/kapil-talwalkar-exit-night-court-season-2-1235682921/

Cable channel news

‘Bunk’d’ To End With Season 7 On Disney Channel; Final Installment’s
Episode Order Expanded (Dec. 29)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/bunkd-canceled-disney-channel-final-season-7-episode-count-1235683051/

Streaming service news

Amazon’s Prime Video Teases First Looks Of Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Road
House,’ Anne Hathaway In ‘The Idea Of You’ & More (Dec. 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/amazon-prime-video-first-looks-jake-gyllenhaal-road-house-anne-hathaway-the-idea-of-you-1235681500/

International series news

‘Doctor Who’ Teaser & 2024 Premiere Update: Ncuti Gatwa Takes Over The
TARDIS Alongside Millie Gibson (Dec. 25)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/doctor-who-2024-trailer-premiere-ncuti-gatwa-millie-gibson-1235681850/

From ‘Doctor Who’ To ‘The Count Of Monte Cristo’: Deadline’s 15 Buzzy
International TV Dramas To Look Out For In 2024 (Dec. 24)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/doctor-who-day-jackal-concordia-dramas-to-watch-2024-1235650820/

Ratings

Cable News Ratings 2023: Fox News Dominates, But MSNBC Is Only Major
Network With Year-Over-Year Audience Growth (Dec. 30)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/cable-news-ratings-2023-1235682966/

UK TV Ratings Bonanza: The Most-Watched Shows Of 2023 (Dec. 27)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/coronation-eurovision-happy-valley-top-rated-uk-shows-2023-1235671143/

Zack Snyder’s ‘Rebel Moon’ Thunders Past ‘Leave The World Behind’ To
Take Over Netflix Film Top 10 (Dec. 26)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/netflix-ratings-zack-snyder-rebel-moon-leave-the-world-behind-1235682098/

The business of TV

Advertisers Will Tune In To Streaming In 2024 As More Services Court
Brand Dollars (Dec. 28)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/streaming-advertising-2024-netflix-disney-amazon-1235679805/

2024 TV Development: Selling Frenzy Amid Contraction, Compressed Pilot
Season Post-Strike (Dec. 28)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/2024-tv-development-selling-frenzy-amid-contraction-compressed-pilot-season-post-strike-1235671742/

Prime Video Ads Are Coming On January 29, Amazon Announces To
Subscribers (Dec. 26)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/prime-video-ads-january-29-1235682177/

Obituaries

Richard Romanus Dies: Actor In ‘Mean Streets’ And ‘The Sopranos’ Was 80
(Dec. 30)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/richard-romanus-dead-actor-mean-streets-the-sopranos-was-80-obituary-1235683695/

Tom Wilkinson Dies: Two-Time Oscar Nominated Actor In ‘Michael Clayton’
And ‘In The Bedroom’, Played Gerald In ‘The Full Monty’, Was 75 (Dec. 30)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/tom-wilkinson-dies-two-time-oscar-nominated-actor-was-75-obituary-1235683717/

Maurice Hines Dies: Tap Dancing Star Of Stage, TV, Film Was 80 (Dec. 30)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/maurice-hines-dies-tap-dancing-star-stage-tv-film-was-80-obituary-1235683668/

Lee Sun-Kyun Dies: ‘Parasite’ Actor Was 48 (Dec. 26)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/lee-sun-kyun-dead-parasite-actor-1235682207/

Casey Kramer Dies: Actress, Daughter Of Stanley Kramer Was 67 (Dec. 26)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/casey-kramer-dead-actress-daughter-of-stanley-kramer-1235682124/

Richard Franklin Dies: ‘Doctor Who’ Actor Was 87 (Dec. 25)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/richard-franklin-dead-doctor-who-1235681841/

Kamar De Los Reyes Dies: ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘Call Of Duty: Black Ops’
Actor Was 56 (Dec. 25)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/kamar-de-los-reyes-dead-one-life-to-life-call-of-duty-black-opps-1235681685/

Ian Pepperell Dies: British Radio And TV Actor Was 53 (Dec. 24)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/ian-pepperell-dies-the-archers-actor-53-1235681530/

Other News

Best TV Of 2023: Farewells, Big Moves, Originality & Taylor Swift
Defined The Year On The Small Screen (Dec. 30)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/tv-2023-top-10-1235670695/

Domestic Box Office Expected To Drop By $1 Billion In 2024 Amid Fewer
Films & Waning Moviegoer Sentiment. But 30 Tentpoles Provide Hope.
(Dec. 28)

https://deadline.com/2023/12/box-office-2024-predictions-movies-cinemas-1235682149/

Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023

<405066479.725685158.841168.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212799&group=rec.arts.tv#212799

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 20:20:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 03:20 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> ABC news
>

> ‘General Hospital’ Tabs Nicole Paggi To Temporarily Replace Kirsten
> Storms (Dec. 27)

Zenon!!!

> CBS news

> NBC news
>

> Kapil Talwalkar Won’t Return To ‘Night Court’ For Season 2 (Dec. 28)

If I knew who that was or watch the show, I might care

> Cable channel news

> Streaming service news
>

> Amazon’s Prime Video Teases First Looks Of Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Road
> House,’ Anne Hathaway In ‘The Idea Of You’ & More (Dec. 23)

Both with unlimited commercial interruptions!

> International series news

> Ratings

> The business of TV
>

> Prime Video Ads Are Coming On January 29, Amazon Announces To
> Subscribers (Dec. 26)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo………..

> Obituaries

> Other News
>

> Best TV Of 2023: Farewells, Big Moves, Originality & Taylor Swift
> Defined The Year On The Small Screen (Dec. 30)

Was Taylor Swift on TV?

> Domestic Box Office Expected To Drop By $1 Billion In 2024 Amid Fewer
> Films & Waning Moviegoer Sentiment. But 30 Tentpoles Provide Hope.
> (Dec. 28)

I blame stinky cheese Larson

Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023

<ums9dj$1q1md$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212818&group=rec.arts.tv#212818

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 09:46:26 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 17:46 UTC

On 12/30/23 7:20 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ABC news
>>

>> ‘General Hospital’ Tabs Nicole Paggi To Temporarily Replace Kirsten
>> Storms (Dec. 27)
>
> Zenon!!!

Paggi was on for all of one day. The article implied two, so maybe she
shows up in a later isolated episode.

P.S. Paggi wasn't bad. I wouldn't be adverse to her replacing Storms,
who tends to annoy me more than not these days.

>> NBC news
>>

>> Kapil Talwalkar Won’t Return To ‘Night Court’ For Season 2 (Dec. 28)
>
> If I knew who that was or watch the show, I might care

He was the annoying, pathetic court assistant - they really couldn't go
anywhere with that character, so dumping him is actually a good move.

But I find it really weird that they waited until the last second to
announce this - it makes it seem like either he walked, or they fired
him, seconds before filming season #2, which is weird as this seems like
a pre-planned move...

>> Streaming service news
>>

>> Amazon’s Prime Video Teases First Looks Of Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Road
>> House,’ Anne Hathaway In ‘The Idea Of You’ & More (Dec. 23)
>
> Both with unlimited commercial interruptions!

FUCK AMAZON!!

>> The business of TV
>>

>> Prime Video Ads Are Coming On January 29, Amazon Announces To
>> Subscribers (Dec. 26)
>
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo………..

See above!

>> Other News
>>

>> Best TV Of 2023: Farewells, Big Moves, Originality & Taylor Swift
>> Defined The Year On The Small Screen (Dec. 30)
>
> Was Taylor Swift on TV?

Yeah, I don't get that either...

>> Domestic Box Office Expected To Drop By $1 Billion In 2024 Amid Fewer
>> Films & Waning Moviegoer Sentiment. But 30 Tentpoles Provide Hope.
>> (Dec. 28)
>
> I blame stinky cheese Larson

Who's not to blame?!!

Re: TV news for Dec. 23-30, 2023

<ums9tg$1q1md$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212819&group=rec.arts.tv#212819

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 09:54:55 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 17:54 UTC

On 12/30/23 2:48 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>     CBS news
>

> Brian Gaskill Is Joining ‘The Young And The Restless’ Cast In New Role
> (Dec. 30)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/brian-gaskill-joining-the-young-and-the-restless-cast-1235683349/

No s**t! He's been gone from soaps for so long, I assumed he retired
from acting.

>     Cable channel news
>

> ‘Bunk’d’ To End With Season 7 On Disney Channel; Final Installment’s
> Episode Order Expanded  (Dec. 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/bunkd-canceled-disney-channel-final-season-7-episode-count-1235683051/

As I pointed out in a quickly deleted Reddit thread, this is now Disney
Channel's longest-running live-action TV series, certainly by number of
seasons, and likely by number of episodes.

Go figure.

>     Streaming service news
>

> Amazon’s Prime Video Teases First Looks Of Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Road
> House,’ Anne Hathaway In ‘The Idea Of You’ & More  (Dec. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/amazon-prime-video-first-looks-jake-gyllenhaal-road-house-anne-hathaway-the-idea-of-you-1235681500/

Does she get nakedly nude?!! :p

>     Ratings
>

> Zack Snyder’s ‘Rebel Moon’ Thunders Past ‘Leave The World Behind’ To
> Take Over Netflix Film Top 10  (Dec. 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/netflix-ratings-zack-snyder-rebel-moon-leave-the-world-behind-1235682098/

Has anyone else watched this yet? I know Arthur did.

My brother wouldn't have been interested (he still has Netflix), so I
didn't suggest it to him...

>     The business of TV
>

> Advertisers Will Tune In To Streaming In 2024 As More Services Court
> Brand Dollars (Dec. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/streaming-advertising-2024-netflix-disney-amazon-1235679805/

F**k this. It's fine if it's Tubi/Pluto/Freevee, but none of the others
should even have ads!

> 2024 TV Development: Selling Frenzy Amid Contraction, Compressed Pilot
> Season Post-Strike (Dec. 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/2024-tv-development-selling-frenzy-amid-contraction-compressed-pilot-season-post-strike-1235671742/

[roll]

> Prime Video Ads Are Coming On January 29, Amazon Announces To
> Subscribers  (Dec. 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/prime-video-ads-january-29-1235682177/

FUCK AMAZON!!

>     Obituaries
>

> Kamar De Los Reyes Dies: ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘Call Of Duty: Black Ops’
> Actor Was 56 (Dec. 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/kamar-de-los-reyes-dead-one-life-to-life-call-of-duty-black-opps-1235681685/

Wait! *WHAT*?! I absolutely had not heard about this!!

Jesus. Cancer. And another person around my age drops dead this year... :(

>     Other News
>

> Domestic Box Office Expected To Drop By $1 Billion In 2024 Amid Fewer
> Films & Waning Moviegoer Sentiment. But 30 Tentpoles Provide Hope. (Dec.
> 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/12/box-office-2024-predictions-movies-cinemas-1235682149/

Yeah, are there any movies to be had in 2024, as pretty much nothing got
filmed in 2023?!