From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Dregs: Orphan 55 Spoilers
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 21:41:21 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 10:41 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 7/10/23 7:42 am:
> S12 On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 5:06:14 AM UTC-8,
> stephen.w...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Tim typed:
>>> The Dregs appear to have personal memories of a nuclear war. That
>>> could mean that the Dregs had a high tech civilization in the
>>> near past which had a nuclear war!
>> I despair.
>>
>> Think of the Daleks, Tim. They (or the mutants inside them) are the
>> result of nuclear war on Skaro. They are the mutated form of the
>> Kaleds.
>>
>> Now think of Dregs. They are the mutated remains of the human race.
>> The Dregs did not have a nuclear war, Tim. Humans did.
>>
>> Understand?
>
> How then can the Dregs have personal memories of the nuclear war?

Tim, did you read where Stephen typed "They are the mutated remains of
the human race.", so, much as WE remember what the Ancient Egyptians or
the Ancient Romans did, so the Dregs remember what the Ancient Humans did.
--
Daniel

Re: Dregs: Orphan 55 Spoilers

<uftuqg$31gdq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=21288&group=rec.arts.drwho#21288

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 21:04:02 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 10:04 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 8/10/23 12:15 am:
> On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 3:41:24 AM UTC-7, Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 7/10/23 7:42 am:
>>> S12 On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 5:06:14 AM UTC-8,

>>> How then can the Dregs have personal memories of the nuclear
>>> war?
>>>
>> Tim, did you read where Stephen typed "They are the mutated remains
>> of the human race.", so, much as WE remember what the Ancient
>> Egyptians or the Ancient Romans did, so the Dregs remember what the
>> Ancient Humans did.
>
> I thought I saw a nuclear fireball in the mind of a Dreg, so I
> thought that the Dregs had personally witnessed a nuclear war!

"... personally witnessed a nuclear war!" .... and then, whilst all the
radioactivity was swelling around, they built up a new civilisation!!

I don't think so, Tim.
--
Daniel