Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Dario Spanovic
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
| | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)shawn
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<un468i$39fb8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212936&group=rec.arts.tv#212936

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:41:38 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 17:41 UTC

On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:

My Wife's Hidden Lover (recorded off LMN) - This is the flick starring
Abigail Hawk, who is definitely looking her age in this.
Pretty much agree with Anim that Hawk's character was basically
unlikable, because she's both duplicitous and weak. It's also the second
Lifetime flick in a row in which Donny Boaz plays an abusive,
controlling asshole/creep of a husband running for mayor (the previous
flick with Boaz playing virtually the same character was "Hidden Murder
Island") - it's weird to think that Boaz was playing "good guys" not
that long ago!
Anyway, I didn't like this one much. And Emilie de Raven covered
much of this same ground, but way sexier/better, in the 2019 film "A
Lover Scorned".

Marrowbone (Hulu) - While set in America, I could tell right away that
the 2017 flick was not filmed in the U.S., as the U.S. doesn't have
coastline that looks like this. Wiki didn't say, but IMDb indicates this
was filmed in Spain (which would explain the Spanish film crew!)
Anyway, this was kind of interesting... but the film ends in a major
"cheat" which I really did not appreciate.
Four children (George MacKay from "1917", Charlie Heaton, Mia Goth,
and child actor Matthew Stagg) and a sick mother flee an abusive husband
by coming to "America" (they never really say where this is supposed to
be) from the UK(? based on the accents!). There they meet up with and
quickly become friends with Anya Taylor-Joy's Allie.
The mother soon does, so now they have to "hide" until the oldest
(Mackay) turns 21 and can legally become the others' guardian. But
something weird happens, and then the family, now stuck in this large
decaying house, seem to have to also deal with some sort of vengeful
spirit/ghost.
Meanwhile, there is a lawyer (Kyle Soller) who is sweet on
Taylor-Joy's Allie, and suspicious of the family, and so has incentive
to cause trouble.
This ends with two "twists", one of which was acceptable, but the
other of which was a massive cheat which pretty much derails the movie.
The ending didn't help.
Also, there really seemed to be no reason to set the film in
America, instead of say England.

Back Roads (Peacock (it's also available on Prime)) - This is an
uncomfortable and creepy film - and not "good creepy" like in a horror
movie, but, like, "bad creepy" in a "these people are totally f**ked up
and pathetic" kind of way.
This 2018 film stars Alex Pettyfer (who also produces, so clearly
the was serious about the subject matter) who plays Harley, a
college-aged loser who is forced to work 2 jobs (the film sloppily never
shows us what the second job is - the first is working in a grocery
store) to support his three younger sisters - out-of-control,
hot-to-trot (i.e. slutty) teen Amber (Nicola Peltz), troubled tween
Misty (a young, pre-"Cruel Summer" Chiara Aurelia!), and precocious Jody
(Hala Finley) - after their mom (Juliette Lewis) is imprisoned for
shooting and killing their abusive father.
It takes a while, but eventually Harley stars up an affair with his
attractive, older married neighbor (Jennifer Morrison), whose daughter
is Jody's best friend.
We know this ends in murder, from the opening with Robert Patrick
playing the sheriff, and the movie shows us how it gets there.
Along the way, terrible secrets are revealed.
The movie, and probably even the ending, are appropriate for the
subject matter (though I was a little irked that they never showed the
consequences for the sisters), but this is tough sledding, and the
"payoff", such as it is, is hardly what you would call "rewarding".

soaps: DOOL - Well, this went south fast! Most of the episode was a
back-and-forth between Brady and Tate trying to take the "blame" for
Holly to absorb EJ's wrath. [snooze!] Tripp confronts Ava about the drug
thing. At the end, EJ confronts Stefan (but it's all EJ's fault for not
helping Stefan when he asked for it!!).
GH - Michael, Olivia and Ned show up before Lois has a chance to
spill the beans, and then it takes the whole episode to admit that Nina
was the culprit, just as Nina and Willow walk in. We get a TempSam
(Lindsay Hartley again) who decides that she's going to veto NuDrew's
desire to send their daughter to the private school. Carly is concerned
about how NuDrew has been acting since prison.

And what did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<un47fs$39fb9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212937&group=rec.arts.tv#212937

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:02:35 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:02 UTC

On 1/3/24 9:41 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
> became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
> the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:
>
> My Wife's Hidden Lover (recorded off LMN)
>
> Marrowbone (Hulu)
>
> Back Roads (Peacock (it's also available on Prime))
>
> soaps: DOOL
>    GH
>

> And what did you watch?

And I forgot one!

V/H/S: Viral (Hulu) - This 2014 flick is by far the worst of the first
three "V/H/S" horror anthology flicks.
First, the "framing story" seemingly has nothing to do with the
first two films (and, no, the ending doesn't really rectify that) - that
was a mistake. Sure, the love interest (Emilia Zoryan, now known as
Emilia Ares) is lovely, but we don't see enough here to get invested in
this story, especially as it seems to have nothing to do with the first
two films.
Meanwhile, this film has only three anthology stories.
The first, "Dante the Great", I thought was decent, made somewhat
better by the lovely Emmy Argo (who had an amazingly short career of
only a couple of years).
The second segment, "Parallel Monsters", from either Spain or
Mexico, was I thought the best of the lot - an inventor(?) creates a
portal to a "parallel world" that's not so "parallel" upon closer
examination! This one was basically "Twilight Zone"-esque, though with gore!
The third segment ("Bonestorm") was, I thought, the worst segment in
all three "V/H/S" films - following some repulsive skater punks who head
down to Tijuana, and encounter something sinister and supernatural.
Anyway, while I thought the first two films were work watching, I'm
not sure this one is...
The next three "V/H/S" films in the franchise are unavailable to me,
as all three are locked up by Shudder/AMC+. However, the spinoff, "Kids
vs Aliens" is available on Hulu, so I may take a look at that one.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<un47r8$38t0t$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212939&group=rec.arts.tv#212939

From: dar...@serijala.com (Dario Spanovic)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:08:40 +0100
 by: Dario Spanovic - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:08 UTC

On 3.1.2024. 18:41, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> And what did you watch

Stargate (1994) was on the telly, Kurt Russell and James Spader. Can't
quite believe it's 30 years old this year, I've seen in the theatre in
1994 with my mom and my love for SF was born then and there.

--
"I'll wait for you. Always."

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<2008447593.726000918.411886.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212940&group=rec.arts.tv#212940

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:19:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:19 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
> became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
> the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:

My oven made it to more like 30 years, but this is why I bought a ninja
foodi. All of my 1987 appliances self-destructed within a few months of
each other at the 30 year mark. The dishwasher was the worst thing. The
drying element heater wouldn’t click off and melted the plastic coating
over the racks. And the replacement rack is $285 all by itself! And when I
finally went to buy a new one, everybody was out of appliances because of
Covid.

> My Wife's Hidden Lover (recorded off LMN) - This is the flick starring
> Abigail Hawk, who is definitely looking her age in this.

Actually, she’s looking like her older sister‘s age.

> Pretty much agree with Anim that Hawk's character was basically
> unlikable, because she's both duplicitous and weak. It's also the second
> Lifetime flick in a row in which Donny Boaz plays an abusive,
> controlling asshole/creep of a husband running for mayor (the previous
> flick with Boaz playing virtually the same character was "Hidden Murder
> Island") - it's weird to think that Boaz was playing "good guys" not
> that long ago!
> Anyway, I didn't like this one much. And Emilie de Raven covered
> much of this same ground, but way sexier/better, in the 2019 film "A
> Lover Scorned".

Yeah, this was a serious disappointment. I would have bailed early and
often if it wasn’t for Hawk.

Speaking of which one of my live streamer channels was showing a man called
hawk, which is not only wildly out of continuity with Spenser for hire, but
just plain not any good. :-(

> And what did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

I finished up the LONDON’S NEW YEAR’S DAY PARADE 2024

3 1/2 hours, literally 95% of which was marching bands. The rest was five
second flashes of floats, interviews with people I’d never heard of, mini
Mokes driving by (at least four times) and some of the worst commentary
ever heard. For instance, the hundreds of thousands of people lining the
streets to watch this (dicey math follows) multiplies to billions of
viewers worldwide. I… Have my doubts.

So what little I watched of the marching bands made it obvious that these
people had just been thrown out there Randomly. And it turned out to be
right! They had interviews with the cheerleaders and band people, and they
had never met and learned the routines individually, in like an hour, and
then had just been tossed out on the street! And there was a steel band
that was proud of the fact that anybody could join. You didn’t have to have
talent or experience, or even know how to play an instrument at all.

I also powered my way through about half of Murdoch Mysteries season 16.
They’re getting really sloppy with their anachronisms. For instance, they
had Murdoch dressing up as Bela Lugosi as Dracula and even doing a
(probably intentionally) bad imitation of him 20 years before the movie
came out! They also had a 14-year-old girl playing a real life Olympian,
who would’ve only been nine at the time. All of which was made more obvious
by the fact that we got a firm date in one episode as Toronto passed
through the tail of Halley‘s comet. Which makes it May 18, 1910.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<un6gm9$3mc31$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212959&group=rec.arts.tv#212959

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 06:51:53 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 14:51 UTC

On 1/3/2024 9:41 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
> became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
> the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:
>
> My Wife's Hidden Lover (recorded off LMN) - This is the flick starring
> Abigail Hawk, who is definitely looking her age in this.
>    Pretty much agree with Anim that Hawk's character was basically
> unlikable, because she's both duplicitous and weak. It's also the second
> Lifetime flick in a row in which Donny Boaz plays an abusive,
> controlling asshole/creep of a husband running for mayor (the previous
> flick with Boaz playing virtually the same character was "Hidden Murder
> Island") - it's weird to think that Boaz was playing "good guys" not
> that long ago!
>    Anyway, I didn't like this one much. And Emilie de Raven covered
> much of this same ground, but way sexier/better, in the 2019 film "A
> Lover Scorned".
>
> Marrowbone (Hulu) - While set in America, I could tell right away that
> the 2017 flick was not filmed in the U.S., as the U.S. doesn't have
> coastline that looks like this. Wiki didn't say, but IMDb indicates this
> was filmed in Spain (which would explain the Spanish film crew!)
>    Anyway, this was kind of interesting... but the film ends in a major
> "cheat" which I really did not appreciate.
>    Four children (George MacKay from "1917", Charlie Heaton, Mia Goth,
> and child actor Matthew Stagg) and a sick mother flee an abusive husband
> by coming to "America" (they never really say where this is supposed to
> be) from the UK(? based on the accents!). There they meet up with and
> quickly become friends with Anya Taylor-Joy's Allie.
>    The mother soon does, so now they have to "hide" until the oldest
> (Mackay) turns 21 and can legally become the others' guardian. But
> something weird happens, and then the family, now stuck in this large
> decaying house, seem to have to also deal with some sort of vengeful
> spirit/ghost.
>    Meanwhile, there is a lawyer (Kyle Soller) who is sweet on
> Taylor-Joy's Allie, and suspicious of the family, and so has incentive
> to cause trouble.
>    This ends with two "twists", one of which was acceptable, but the
> other of which was a massive cheat which pretty much derails the movie.
> The ending didn't help.
>    Also, there really seemed to be no reason to set the film in
> America, instead of say England.

Could be a money thing. The producers figure American audiences want to
watch movies set in America. Otherwise it's considered a "foreign
film." I never heard of this before, luckily it's available on Peacock
since I don't have Hulu anymore.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<2017318642.726090222.463554.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212974&group=rec.arts.tv#212974

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:46:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:46 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 1/3/2024 9:41 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
>> became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
>> the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:
>>
>> My Wife's Hidden Lover (recorded off LMN) - This is the flick starring
>> Abigail Hawk, who is definitely looking her age in this.
>>    Pretty much agree with Anim that Hawk's character was basically
>> unlikable, because she's both duplicitous and weak. It's also the second
>> Lifetime flick in a row in which Donny Boaz plays an abusive,
>> controlling asshole/creep of a husband running for mayor (the previous
>> flick with Boaz playing virtually the same character was "Hidden Murder
>> Island") - it's weird to think that Boaz was playing "good guys" not
>> that long ago!
>>    Anyway, I didn't like this one much. And Emilie de Raven covered
>> much of this same ground, but way sexier/better, in the 2019 film "A
>> Lover Scorned".
>>
>> Marrowbone (Hulu) - While set in America, I could tell right away that
>> the 2017 flick was not filmed in the U.S., as the U.S. doesn't have
>> coastline that looks like this. Wiki didn't say, but IMDb indicates this
>> was filmed in Spain (which would explain the Spanish film crew!)
>>    Anyway, this was kind of interesting... but the film ends in a major
>> "cheat" which I really did not appreciate.
>>    Four children (George MacKay from "1917", Charlie Heaton, Mia Goth,
>> and child actor Matthew Stagg) and a sick mother flee an abusive husband
>> by coming to "America" (they never really say where this is supposed to
>> be) from the UK(? based on the accents!). There they meet up with and
>> quickly become friends with Anya Taylor-Joy's Allie.
>>    The mother soon does, so now they have to "hide" until the oldest
>> (Mackay) turns 21 and can legally become the others' guardian. But
>> something weird happens, and then the family, now stuck in this large
>> decaying house, seem to have to also deal with some sort of vengeful
>> spirit/ghost.
>>    Meanwhile, there is a lawyer (Kyle Soller) who is sweet on
>> Taylor-Joy's Allie, and suspicious of the family, and so has incentive
>> to cause trouble.
>>    This ends with two "twists", one of which was acceptable, but the
>> other of which was a massive cheat which pretty much derails the movie.
>> The ending didn't help.
>>    Also, there really seemed to be no reason to set the film in
>> America, instead of say England.
>>

> Could be a money thing. The producers figure American audiences want to
> watch movies set in America. Otherwise it's considered a "foreign
> film." I never heard of this before, luckily it's available on Peacock
> since I don't have Hulu anymore.

The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian vampire
show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<un72hd$3p2b5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212975&group=rec.arts.tv#212975

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:56:29 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:56 UTC

On 1/4/24 11:46 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>> On 1/3/2024 9:41 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>>> On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
>>> became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
>>> the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:
>>>
>>> Marrowbone (Hulu) - While set in America, I could tell right away that
>>> the 2017 flick was not filmed in the U.S., as the U.S. doesn't have
>>> coastline that looks like this. Wiki didn't say, but IMDb indicates this
>>> was filmed in Spain (which would explain the Spanish film crew!)
>>>    Anyway, this was kind of interesting... but the film ends in a major
>>> "cheat" which I really did not appreciate.
>>>    Four children (George MacKay from "1917", Charlie Heaton, Mia Goth,
>>> and child actor Matthew Stagg) and a sick mother flee an abusive husband
>>> by coming to "America" (they never really say where this is supposed to
>>> be) from the UK(? based on the accents!). There they meet up with and
>>> quickly become friends with Anya Taylor-Joy's Allie.
>>>    The mother soon does, so now they have to "hide" until the oldest
>>> (Mackay) turns 21 and can legally become the others' guardian. But
>>> something weird happens, and then the family, now stuck in this large
>>> decaying house, seem to have to also deal with some sort of vengeful
>>> spirit/ghost.
>>>    Meanwhile, there is a lawyer (Kyle Soller) who is sweet on
>>> Taylor-Joy's Allie, and suspicious of the family, and so has incentive
>>> to cause trouble.
>>>    This ends with two "twists", one of which was acceptable, but the
>>> other of which was a massive cheat which pretty much derails the movie.
>>> The ending didn't help.
>>>    Also, there really seemed to be no reason to set the film in
>>> America, instead of say England.
>>
>> Could be a money thing. The producers figure American audiences want to
>> watch movies set in America. Otherwise it's considered a "foreign
>> film." I never heard of this before, luckily it's available on Peacock
>> since I don't have Hulu anymore.
>
> The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian vampire
> show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…

List them!! :D

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<un7n8m$3rptk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212990&group=rec.arts.tv#212990

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:50:17 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 01:50 UTC

On 1/4/2024 11:46 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>> On 1/3/2024 9:41 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>> On the day my (20+-year-old?) oven effectively died when the oven door
>>> became stuck shut (and, no - it's not the cleaning close-lever - one of
>>> the door hinges is now stuck shut), I watched a lot of stuff:
>>>
>>> My Wife's Hidden Lover (recorded off LMN) - This is the flick starring
>>> Abigail Hawk, who is definitely looking her age in this.
>>>    Pretty much agree with Anim that Hawk's character was basically
>>> unlikable, because she's both duplicitous and weak. It's also the second
>>> Lifetime flick in a row in which Donny Boaz plays an abusive,
>>> controlling asshole/creep of a husband running for mayor (the previous
>>> flick with Boaz playing virtually the same character was "Hidden Murder
>>> Island") - it's weird to think that Boaz was playing "good guys" not
>>> that long ago!
>>>    Anyway, I didn't like this one much. And Emilie de Raven covered
>>> much of this same ground, but way sexier/better, in the 2019 film "A
>>> Lover Scorned".
>>>
>>> Marrowbone (Hulu) - While set in America, I could tell right away that
>>> the 2017 flick was not filmed in the U.S., as the U.S. doesn't have
>>> coastline that looks like this. Wiki didn't say, but IMDb indicates this
>>> was filmed in Spain (which would explain the Spanish film crew!)
>>>    Anyway, this was kind of interesting... but the film ends in a major
>>> "cheat" which I really did not appreciate.
>>>    Four children (George MacKay from "1917", Charlie Heaton, Mia Goth,
>>> and child actor Matthew Stagg) and a sick mother flee an abusive husband
>>> by coming to "America" (they never really say where this is supposed to
>>> be) from the UK(? based on the accents!). There they meet up with and
>>> quickly become friends with Anya Taylor-Joy's Allie.
>>>    The mother soon does, so now they have to "hide" until the oldest
>>> (Mackay) turns 21 and can legally become the others' guardian. But
>>> something weird happens, and then the family, now stuck in this large
>>> decaying house, seem to have to also deal with some sort of vengeful
>>> spirit/ghost.
>>>    Meanwhile, there is a lawyer (Kyle Soller) who is sweet on
>>> Taylor-Joy's Allie, and suspicious of the family, and so has incentive
>>> to cause trouble.
>>>    This ends with two "twists", one of which was acceptable, but the
>>> other of which was a massive cheat which pretty much derails the movie.
>>> The ending didn't help.
>>>    Also, there really seemed to be no reason to set the film in
>>> America, instead of say England.
>>>

>> Could be a money thing. The producers figure American audiences want to
>> watch movies set in America. Otherwise it's considered a "foreign
>> film." I never heard of this before, luckily it's available on Peacock
>> since I don't have Hulu anymore.
>
> The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian vampire
> show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…

I'm not seeing a complaint there....

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<602597258.726120051.454153.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212997&group=rec.arts.tv#212997

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:01:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 04:01 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 1/4/24 11:46 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Could be a money thing. The producers figure American audiences want to
>>> watch movies set in America. Otherwise it's considered a "foreign
>>> film." I never heard of this before, luckily it's available on Peacock
>>> since I don't have Hulu anymore.
>>
>> The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian vampire
>> show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…
>
> List them!! :D

I’m compiling a list of naked video of Doctor Who companions. Will let you
have Donna Noble and Captain Jack. Oh, yeah, and Danny Pink.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<tg5fpip5dpe6ni1l76j03e9bbsv5rqthj2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213000&group=rec.arts.tv#213000

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 00:43:26 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 05:43 UTC

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:01:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian vampire
>>> show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…
>>
>> List them!! :D
>>

>I’m compiling a list of naked video of Doctor Who companions. Will let you
>have Donna Noble and Captain Jack. Oh, yeah, and Danny Pink.

That took me an intense few seconds of work:
https://www.mrskin.com/the-babes-of-doctor-who-p1382

https://fleshbot.com/8524035/the-hottest-dr-who-stars-who-have-gone-nude/

https://www.tumblr.com/doctorwhocompanionsnude

https://www.imagefap.com/pictures/3351172/Doctor-Who%27s-Companions-1964-to-2012
A lot of fakes in this set.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<unc6s9$n1a3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213113&group=rec.arts.tv#213113

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:41:14 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:41 UTC

On 1/4/2024 5:50 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 1/4/2024 11:46 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Could be a money thing.  The producers figure American audiences want to
>>> watch movies set in America.  Otherwise it's considered a "foreign
>>> film."  I never heard of this before, luckily it's available on Peacock
>>> since I don't have Hulu anymore.
>>
>> The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian
>> vampire
>> show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…
>>
> I'm not seeing a complaint there....

I wonder did Disney+ air the unrated European cut of "My Babysitter's a
Vampire" by mistake?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<619491413.726373495.095831.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213159&group=rec.arts.tv#213159

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:25:46 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 02:25 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 1/4/2024 5:50 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> The Hulu has decided since I watched that one nude, naked, lesbian
>>> vampire
>>> show on Disney+ that they should offer me more…
>>>
>> I'm not seeing a complaint there....
>>

> I wonder did Disney+ air the unrated European cut of "My Babysitter's a
> Vampire" by mistake?

With Jill Wagner as the mother!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-02 (Tuesday)

<ungrqf$1hibi$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213174&group=rec.arts.tv#213174

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 04:30:48 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 09:30 UTC

In article un468i$39fb8$1@dont-email.me, ijball@mac.invalid wrote:

> And what did you watch?

Not much. I was sick as hell!

REBEL MOON REVIEW STAR WARS ON FIRE - ZACK SNYDER (Disparu):
Rebel Moon: Part One - A Child of Fire review for Netflix's Zack Snyder Star
Wars movie series. Inspired by Star Wars and Seven Samurai it has a 2 part
movie series filmed back to back for Netflix release. With many parts of the
movie clearly taken from other IP's, the story and characters should be the
main focus. Yet seem largely abandoned. Considering this is a multi part
series with comic, animation and gaming tie ins. Will Rebel Moon by Netflix's
Zack Snyder hit they need to be successful? Is Rebel Moon worth watching?
https://youtu.be/tg5mCgw3rFE?si=Kd60EShuRRgeNAGL

THE BEST *WORST* ENTERTAINMENT OF 2023 (Disparu):
Hollywood entertainment from Disney and Marvel was interesting in 2023. But
after many reviews of shows like Velma, Robyn Hood and Willow there were
plenty of fun times to be had. But was any of it intentional? Was Willow good
because of the writing? Or the accidental memes? Is the best Disney+
entertainment that which you make yourself? Was 2023 worth watching?
https://youtu.be/WCzsCUrMUww?si=iylUbKTJzLhZ12aw

I still had the MST3K YouTube marathon running.

--
Let's go Brandon!