Newsgroups: alt.tv.avengers,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: The Avengers (1961-69). Champagne Chums Combating Crime Capers.
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 16:19:38 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:19 UTC

Stam Fine Reviews looks at the 1960's series The Avengers, a stylish
and action packed spy series starring Patrick Macnee along with Diana
Rigg, Honor Blackman, Ian Hendry, and Linda Thorson, but not at the
same time.

It was a big deal in its day, remained a big deal for a long time, had
a sequel series in the 70s (The New Avengers, with Joanna Lumley), then
a terrible movie version in 1998 made it less of a big deal, yet
they're still showing the series. Who knew?

John Steed, along with at various times, Emma Peel, Cathy Gale, Dr
Keel, Dr King, Venus Smith, and latterly, Tara King, would become
involved in stopping crime and espionage plots.

00:00 Introduction
01:38 Avenging
04:19 Season Two: Honor Blackman
09:57 Season Three: Almost Live.
15:40 Season Four: "We're Filmed, Mrs Peel."
25:37 Season Five: In Colour, Lots of It.
29:47 Season Six: Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay!
34:33 Music, Remakes
35:11 Guest Stars, Parodies
37:27 Personal Picks
38:37 Legacy

https://youtu.be/xfqhCQcXm2Y?si=tDnoEV93ZKNgtCNq

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Avengers (1961-69). Champagne Chums Combating Crime Capers.

<un7cpb$if3$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=212983&group=rec.arts.tv#212983

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.avengers,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 22:51:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 22:51 UTC

In <1IydnWFQ-f9svQr4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:

[snip]

>John Steed, along with at various times, Emma Peel, Cathy Gale, Dr
>Keel, Dr King, Venus Smith, and latterly, Tara King, would become
>involved in stopping crime and espionage plots.

Also with Julie Stevens, portraying Venus Smith

[wiki]

During the 1962-63 season she played Venus Smith, an occasional
partner of John Steed in the TV series, The Avengers, alternating
with Honor Blackman's Cathy Gale.[2] Venus was a nightclub singer,
and each of her appearances included at least one musical number.
She appeared in only six episodes, and Stevens is not usually
included in the list of "Avengers girls".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Stevens_(English_actress)

dannyb@panix.com