There's only one everything.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)shawn
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| | +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| | |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)A Friend
| |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| |   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| |    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| |     `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
+* Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Adam H. Kerman
|+- Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)danny burstein
|+* Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)The Horny Goat
||`- Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Adam H. Kerman
|`* Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)shawn
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)Woke Ken

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<un92ih$622f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213006&group=rec.arts.tv#213006

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 06:09:21 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 14:09 UTC

General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.

I shifted gears yesterday, and didn't try to watch movies off streaming.
Instead, I tackled a couple of Lifetime flicks, and soaps:

Smart Home Killer (OnDemand) - This aired on LMN while I was at my
brother's, so I was unable to record it; instead, I pulled it off
OnDemand, which actually sported few commercials, which was nice.
Anyway, this wasn't bad. It helps that I like both Natalie Brown and
Anwen O'Driscoll quite a lot.
But this throws a number of early "suspects" at you before revealing
the true culprit by the halfway point. The ending was fine as well.

Dying for Fame (LMN) - This, OTOH, was quite weak. Part of the problem
was that lead actress, Dylan Raine, while attractive, doesn't seem to be
much of an actress - her performance (or lack thereof) irritated me
through most of the film. OTOH, Amelie Anstett, playing the
influencer/murder victim, has never looked better, and was quite decent
in this - the film made a mistake when it didn't have more of her.
And it wasn't much of a mystery, as there were really only two
suspects (the "stalker" angle was an obvious red herring), and really
only one of these seemed logical - so I had the killer picked out fairly
early.

soaps: DOOL - More nonsense with Tate - I already hate this storyline.
Chanel discovers Abe at her and her mom's place in the morning, but
Paulina swears that they didn't do it and he just slept over.
GH - Nina "apologizes" to Carly and Drew, and it goes exactly like
how you would expect - whatever happens to Carly, it will never be bad
enough!! Sonny loses it and beats Cyrus to near death - he will surely
get arrested for this. TempJosslyn and Dex have to deal with a drunk and
despondent Adam, the dormmate. Willow calls Michael out, and realizes
that her marriage is built on a bed of lies - she may be done with him
[crossing fingers]. Later, Carly tells Michael and TempJosslyn about
Bobby's death.
Y&R - Victoria fails in trying to get through to a despondent
Claire. NuSummer grapples with whether to pursue Chance, while Daniel R.
(Jr.) admits the whole Heather situation to her. Nikki almost falls of
the wagon.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<6c5gpilfbn5ibh89n2a9sjn7osu3ia5k2b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213007&group=rec.arts.tv#213007

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 09:48:10 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 14:48 UTC

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 06:09:21 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
>Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.
>
>I shifted gears yesterday, and didn't try to watch movies off streaming.
>Instead, I tackled a couple of Lifetime flicks, and soaps:
>
>Smart Home Killer (OnDemand) - This aired on LMN while I was at my
>brother's, so I was unable to record it; instead, I pulled it off
>OnDemand, which actually sported few commercials, which was nice.
> Anyway, this wasn't bad. It helps that I like both Natalie Brown and
>Anwen O'Driscoll quite a lot.
> But this throws a number of early "suspects" at you before revealing
>the true culprit by the halfway point. The ending was fine as well.
>
>Dying for Fame (LMN) - This, OTOH, was quite weak. Part of the problem
>was that lead actress, Dylan Raine, while attractive, doesn't seem to be
>much of an actress - her performance (or lack thereof) irritated me
>through most of the film. OTOH, Amelie Anstett, playing the
>influencer/murder victim, has never looked better, and was quite decent
>in this - the film made a mistake when it didn't have more of her.
> And it wasn't much of a mystery, as there were really only two
>suspects (the "stalker" angle was an obvious red herring), and really
>only one of these seemed logical - so I had the killer picked out fairly
>early.
>
>soaps: DOOL - More nonsense with Tate - I already hate this storyline.
>Chanel discovers Abe at her and her mom's place in the morning, but
>Paulina swears that they didn't do it and he just slept over.
> GH - Nina "apologizes" to Carly and Drew, and it goes exactly like
>how you would expect - whatever happens to Carly, it will never be bad
>enough!! Sonny loses it and beats Cyrus to near death - he will surely
>get arrested for this. TempJosslyn and Dex have to deal with a drunk and
>despondent Adam, the dormmate. Willow calls Michael out, and realizes
>that her marriage is built on a bed of lies - she may be done with him
>[crossing fingers]. Later, Carly tells Michael and TempJosslyn about
>Bobby's death.
> Y&R - Victoria fails in trying to get through to a despondent
>Claire. NuSummer grapples with whether to pursue Chance, while Daniel R.
>(Jr.) admits the whole Heather situation to her. Nikki almost falls of
>the wagon.
>

>What did you watch?

I continued my slow watch of THE LAZARUS EXPERIMENT season 2. I won't
go into the details as I know everyone else is waiting till TNT or
someone airs it here in the USA. Basically it's more time travel than
ever with a bit of murder involved and oh, just one big Universe
ending event hanging over everyone's heads if they muck it up. Also a
good bit of relationship filler to fill out the episodes, but no naked
nudity to be found.

Other than that just Youtube videos. Got on a bit of a kick of MxR and
Good Mood Meme videos like these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzGHbUh26I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGneoqnS68w

Good time wasters

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<un99cu$6vl4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213008&group=rec.arts.tv#213008

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:05:51 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:05 UTC

On 1/5/2024 6:09 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E01 'The Pirates of Orion' disc
Spock contracts a fatal disease, and the medicine required for his cure
is stolen by Orion pirates.
Goof: Nurse Chapel and the Huron lieutenant are both voiced by Majel
Barrett and both drawn the same (with blonde hair) making them
erroneously seem like they're identical twins.
Goof: Everyone pronounces the Orion Pirates as OH-ree-an pirates instead
of oh-RYE-an Pirates, as they are called in all other Star Trek
productions involving this group. These include Yesteryear (1973) in
which Kirk mentions exploring Orion's past.

Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E02 'BEM' disc
The Enterprise crew is being observed to evaluate their suitability to
meet with advanced civilizations.
Trivia: This is the first time that Captain James T. Kirk's middle name
of Tiberius, a name first listed in written Star Trek (1966) guides, is
revealed onscreen. Although Star Trek: The Animated Series was not
considered canon by Gene Roddenberry, many writers of later series
helped to canonize several of the show's elements, and the name Tiberius
was finally confirmed in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991).
David Gerrold would jokingly tell fans that Tiberius was a reference to
Robert Graves' "I, Claudius". The name spread amongst fans, and Gerrold
added it to the script after approval from Roddenberry. The movie Star
Trek (2009) would later provide a backstory to the origin of the name:
Tiberius was Kirk's paternal grandfather.
Did a second viewing with the commentary by David Gerrold who wrote the
script. He loved Nichelle Nichols and thinks she was gorgeous even in
animation. :)

Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E03 'The Practical Joker' disc
The computer of the Enterprise gains partial sentience and a taste for
playing practical jokes on the crew.

Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E04 'Albatross' disc
Dr. McCoy is arrested and charged with causing an alien plague.

Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E05 'How Sharper Than a Serpent's
Tooth' disc
The Enterprise runs into a being which once visited Earth and influenced
the Mayan culture.
Trivia: The plot point about Kukulkan actually being an alien life form
was inspired by the Erich von Däniken book Chariots of the Gods,
especially claims like Indian sites in Peru having actually been created
by aliens as methods of communication.
This one had an audio commentary by the script writer so listened to
that with a second viewing. He calls 'Chariots of the Gods' a "crackpot
book".

Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E06 'The Counter-Clock Incident' disc
The Enterprise finds itself trapped in a 'negative universe' which
causes the crew to begin to grow younger and younger toward infancy.
This one had a text only commentary.
The final line of the series, "It gave all of us a second life."

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<un9a7f$76va$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213009&group=rec.arts.tv#213009

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:19:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:19 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>Smart Home Killer (OnDemand) - This aired on LMN while I was at my
>brother's, so I was unable to record it;

This is because you are insane. Because you said you were looking
forward to it, I set up a recording when I read it on Robin's list.

>instead, I pulled it off
>OnDemand, which actually sported few commercials, which was nice.
> Anyway, this wasn't bad. It helps that I like both Natalie Brown and
>Anwen O'Driscoll quite a lot.
> But this throws a number of early "suspects" at you before revealing
>the true culprit by the halfway point. The ending was fine as well.

I watched this a couple of days after it first aired.

The Cinemaholic site says it was a Toronto-based production, filmed on
the northwest shore of Lake Ontario.

Natalie Brown and Anwen O'Driscoll played mother and daughter Leah and
Harper.

For no particular reason, I was looking forward to a story about a
killer AI, but Soteria wasn't much of an AI at all. All the problems were
caused by a human with remote access.

That the steam room was going to be used to kill was telegraphed
immediately. We've seen that any number of times before. I always think
of Paul Reiser in The Tower three decades ago but it's probably been
done earlier. That was about an office building with a security system
intent on killing intruders after hours.

I wanted the script to explore Devan's motives to a greater extent, but
he was just your typical Lifetime movie villain because he's an evil guy.

Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<un9b6p$i2s$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213010&group=rec.arts.tv#213010

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:36:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:36 UTC

In <un9a7f$76va$1@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

[snip]

>That the steam room was going to be used to kill was telegraphed
>immediately. We've seen that any number of times before. I always think
>of Paul Reiser in The Tower three decades ago but it's probably been
>done earlier. That was about an office building with a security system
>intent on killing intruders after hours.

Just using this as a springboard to give a shoutout to one
of my favorite movies (it was both released as a "tv" one
and in theaters), namely "The Paper Man".

Starring Tina Chen [a], Stefanie Powers, and some guys...

The "building" (ok, it was being programmed by an Evil Human)
lures one of the characters down a hallway and into an
elevator - and you can guess the rest.

[a] for years IMDB only had listings for this role and
her appearance in Six Days of the Condor, where Max von Sydow
asks her, ever so politely, to step aside from the window
before he machine guns her...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0155395/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Man_(1971_film)

dannyb@panix.com

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<1851913551.726165918.466190.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213012&group=rec.arts.tv#213012

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:59:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:59 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
> Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.

Me too!

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Continued powering through Murdoch mysteries.

Monarch and mankind haven’t dropped yet, so the only new thing was
REACHER
(reacher? I can’t even teach her!)

Reacher has had enough of the T1000 and in the best tradition of the awful
arrow, just starts killing his minions with his bare hands. The bad guy
threatening the little girl died in exactly the way I said he would five
minutes earlier.

Michael Okuda started posting on the Facebook how everyone everywhere
should be watching for all mankind because it’s the most brilliant amazing
show ever made. I always suspected he was a complete idiot. I blocked him.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<un9d1i$7knr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213014&group=rec.arts.tv#213014

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:21:49 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:21 UTC

On 1/5/2024 8:05 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 6:09 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>>
> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E01 'The Pirates of Orion' disc
> Spock contracts a fatal disease, and the medicine required for his cure
> is stolen by Orion pirates.
> Goof: Nurse Chapel and the Huron lieutenant are both voiced by Majel
> Barrett and both drawn the same (with blonde hair) making them
> erroneously seem like they're identical twins.
> Goof: Everyone pronounces the Orion Pirates as OH-ree-an pirates instead
> of oh-RYE-an Pirates, as they are called in all other Star Trek
> productions involving this group. These include Yesteryear (1973) in
> which Kirk mentions exploring Orion's past.
>
> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E02 'BEM' disc
> The Enterprise crew is being observed to evaluate their suitability to
> meet with advanced civilizations.

Is this the one with the guy who can detach his limbs?

> Trivia: This is the first time that Captain James T. Kirk's middle name
> of Tiberius, a name first listed in written Star Trek (1966) guides, is
> revealed onscreen. Although Star Trek: The Animated Series was not
> considered canon by Gene Roddenberry, many writers of later series
> helped to canonize several of the show's elements, and the name Tiberius
> was finally confirmed in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991).
> David Gerrold would jokingly tell fans that Tiberius was a reference to
> Robert Graves' "I, Claudius". The name spread amongst fans, and Gerrold
> added it to the script after approval from Roddenberry. The movie Star
> Trek (2009) would later provide a backstory to the origin of the name:
> Tiberius was Kirk's paternal grandfather.
> Did a second viewing with the commentary by David Gerrold who wrote the
> script.  He loved Nichelle Nichols and thinks she was gorgeous even in
> animation.  :)

:-)

> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E03 'The Practical Joker' disc
> The computer of the Enterprise gains partial sentience and a taste for
> playing practical jokes on the crew.

Laughing gas is poisonous to Vulcans. My brain is full of useless trivia...

> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E04 'Albatross' disc
> Dr. McCoy is arrested and charged with causing an alien plague.
>
> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E05 'How Sharper Than a Serpent's
> Tooth' disc
> The Enterprise runs into a being which once visited Earth and influenced
> the Mayan culture.
> Trivia: The plot point about Kukulkan actually being an alien life form
> was inspired by the Erich von Däniken book Chariots of the Gods,
> especially claims like Indian sites in Peru having actually been created
> by aliens as methods of communication.
> This one had an audio commentary by the script writer so listened to
> that with a second viewing.  He calls 'Chariots of the Gods' a "crackpot
> book".
>
> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E06 'The Counter-Clock Incident' disc
> The Enterprise finds itself trapped in a 'negative universe' which
> causes the crew to begin to grow younger and younger toward infancy.
> This one had a text only commentary.
> The final line of the series, "It gave all of us a second life."
>
> What Did You Watch?

I watched:

Night Swim (theatrical) New horror movie about a haunted swimming pool.
This is one of those PG-13 jump scare movies without a lot of actual
scares. Although I did like a couple of plot points that usually don't
happen in movies like this. First, the plot revolves around a family
moving into a house with a haunted swimming pool. The kids are the
first to figure out that the pool is haunted. I liked that the kids
realized no one would believe them and decided to keep their mouths
shut. Second, when one of the parents realized that the pool was
haunted, they *immediately* put the family in the car and left! No,
"this is our house" nonsense. No calling a ghostbuster nonsense. Just
leave now! I don't think they even bothered to pack! That being said
had they left there would be no movie, so for a very good and believable
reason that fit with the overall plot they came back and had to deal
with the haunted pool. The overall movie is only so-so at best. But
it's worth checking out if it was on TV and nothing else was on.

Lamb (TMC) 2021 horror(?) movie from Iceland. One day this husband and
wife (Noomi Rapace) sheepherders find one of their sheep has given birth
to a human/sheep hybrid. It has a sheep's head, human body, and one
human hand. First let me say, I thought this was supposed to be a
straight horror movie about a demonic sheep. I was about halfway
through the movie waiting for *something* to happen when I finally
checked Wikipedia for a plot recap. The first thing I read was
human/sheep hybrid. I was wondering, when is this supposed to happen
given it's the first thing mentioned in the plot description, and I
haven't seen this happen yet. So, I rewound the movie back to see if I
missed something. I was shocked to discover that I was already 45
minutes into the movie! I went back to the 20-minute mark when the
sheep gives birth to the hybrid and realized I hadn't missed anything.
The movie was carefully filmed to always show only the baby lamb's head.
There's almost no dialogue, and what little there was never mention
the thing is a hybrid. They were just acting weird about it. So it
wasn't me, it was the movie. Then about 40 minutes in they finally for
a brief second show it has a human hand. And that hit the point where I
had become frustrated, read the recap and rewound the movie back
thinking I had missed something. From that point forward they more
fully show the sheep/human hybrid standing on its' own two legs and
walking around where it's clear it's a sheep's head on a human body. I
don't think it's a spoiler to say almost nothing else happens for the
second half of the movie. You get an hour and 40 minutes of this couple
raising a human/sheep hybrid as if it was a human child, then at the
very end something finally happens. And the something that finally
happens at the very end can maybe technically be called horror. I
almost deleted this movie unwatched a few times but kept it because it
had good reviews and was filmed in scope. I'm a sucker for movies
filmed in scope. But now that I watched it, I could have safely deleted
it unwatched without missing out on anything. This movie was a complete
waste of time.

I forgot to mention from the other day I also watched the latest Doctor
Who episode, "The Church on Ruby Road" - The Doctor fights baby eating
goblins. I guess it was OK.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<1024292640.726169140.548022.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213016&group=rec.arts.tv#213016

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:46:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:46 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
>> Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.
>
> Me too!
>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> Continued powering through Murdoch mysteries.
>
> Monarch and mankind haven’t dropped yet, so the only new thing was
> REACHER
> (reacher? I can’t even teach her!)
>
> Reacher has had enough of the T1000 and in the best tradition of the awful
> arrow, just starts killing his minions with his bare hands. The bad guy
> threatening the little girl died in exactly the way I said he would five
> minutes earlier.
>
> Michael Okuda started posting on the Facebook how everyone everywhere
> should be watching for all mankind because it’s the most brilliant amazing
> show ever made. I always suspected he was a complete idiot. I blocked him.

Oh, yeah, the DVR purging continued as I went through Burkes law, season
one, and two, and watched the few. I didn’t remember and then went on
season three where it became a silly spy Show called Amos Berg secret
agent. I’ve been saving those because, they’ve only showed about half of
them, sporadically. So I’m finishing those off.

Magnum PI.
Robin posted an article (beating Ian) about the lame ass star of this lame
ass revival series lame assidly complaining that he didn’t like the lame
ass finale and thinks they should make lame ass movies.

So this is the first time I’ve sat through one of these (I did watch the
completely lame ass, Hawaii Five-0 crossover). I don’t know what this lame
ass jackass is talking about, they did the same ending that the real show
they’re ripping off did with Rick getting married.

Anyway, this show is just as lousy as I expected it would be. I keep
thinking of those lame ass liberty, mutual commercials, where they’re going
to kill the, lame ass spokesman and replace him with the even more lame ass
retard and he’s screaming HE DOESN’T EVEN HAVE A MUSTACHE!

Also, it’s just wrong, that this is on NBC.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<un9h3d$84rr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213017&group=rec.arts.tv#213017

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:17:19 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 18:17 UTC

On 1/5/2024 8:21 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 8:05 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 1/5/2024 6:09 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E01 'The Pirates of Orion' disc
>> Spock contracts a fatal disease, and the medicine required for his
>> cure is stolen by Orion pirates.
>> Goof: Nurse Chapel and the Huron lieutenant are both voiced by Majel
>> Barrett and both drawn the same (with blonde hair) making them
>> erroneously seem like they're identical twins.
>> Goof: Everyone pronounces the Orion Pirates as OH-ree-an pirates
>> instead of oh-RYE-an Pirates, as they are called in all other Star
>> Trek productions involving this group. These include Yesteryear (1973)
>> in which Kirk mentions exploring Orion's past.
>>
>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E02 'BEM' disc
>> The Enterprise crew is being observed to evaluate their suitability to
>> meet with advanced civilizations.
>
> Is this the one with the guy who can detach his limbs?

Head from torso, arms from torso, hips from torso at the waist. BEM
(Bug-Eyed Monster) was a colony creature.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<d3igpih3r6nm4217g2ngtr9ffa3r97v8gi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213018&group=rec.arts.tv#213018

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 13:23:36 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 18:23 UTC

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:59:55 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
>> Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.
>
>Me too!
>

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>Continued powering through Murdoch mysteries.
>
>Monarch and mankind haven’t dropped yet, so the only new thing was
>REACHER
>(reacher? I can’t even teach her!)

Really, I saw them all early this morning. Haven't had a chance to
check them out yet. I'm surprised that we are getting a new Monarch
episode as I saw the last one a perfect place to end the season
(assuming they are going for a second season.) Digging into the
parallel world seemed like the ideal subject matter for a second
season.

While I really like REACHER we know there's just going to be more
violence in this episode as there's only a single focus in this
season.

>Reacher has had enough of the T1000 and in the best tradition of the awful
>arrow, just starts killing his minions with his bare hands. The bad guy
>threatening the little girl died in exactly the way I said he would five
>minutes earlier.
>
>Michael Okuda started posting on the Facebook how everyone everywhere
>should be watching for all mankind because it’s the most brilliant amazing
>show ever made. I always suspected he was a complete idiot. I blocked him.

I've got the episodes stored away but have yet to even check out the
show.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<61875e08-1ffa-4d37-aa3d-d720e3dd1cd0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213031&group=rec.arts.tv#213031

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:36:52 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 20:36 UTC

On Friday, January 5, 2024 at 8:09:27 AM UTC-6, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
> Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.
>
> I shifted gears yesterday, and didn't try to watch movies off streaming.
> Instead, I tackled a couple of Lifetime flicks, and soaps:
>
> Smart Home Killer (OnDemand) - This aired on LMN while I was at my
> brother's, so I was unable to record it; instead, I pulled it off
> OnDemand, which actually sported few commercials, which was nice.
> Anyway, this wasn't bad. It helps that I like both Natalie Brown and
> Anwen O'Driscoll quite a lot.
> But this throws a number of early "suspects" at you before revealing
> the true culprit by the halfway point. The ending was fine as well.
>
> Dying for Fame (LMN) - This, OTOH, was quite weak. Part of the problem
> was that lead actress, Dylan Raine, while attractive, doesn't seem to be
> much of an actress - her performance (or lack thereof) irritated me
> through most of the film. OTOH, Amelie Anstett, playing the
> influencer/murder victim, has never looked better, and was quite decent
> in this - the film made a mistake when it didn't have more of her.
> And it wasn't much of a mystery, as there were really only two
> suspects (the "stalker" angle was an obvious red herring), and really
> only one of these seemed logical - so I had the killer picked out fairly
> early.
>
> soaps: DOOL - More nonsense with Tate - I already hate this storyline.
> Chanel discovers Abe at her and her mom's place in the morning, but
> Paulina swears that they didn't do it and he just slept over.
> GH - Nina "apologizes" to Carly and Drew, and it goes exactly like
> how you would expect - whatever happens to Carly, it will never be bad
> enough!! Sonny loses it and beats Cyrus to near death - he will surely
> get arrested for this. TempJosslyn and Dex have to deal with a drunk and
> despondent Adam, the dormmate. Willow calls Michael out, and realizes
> that her marriage is built on a bed of lies - she may be done with him
> [crossing fingers]. Later, Carly tells Michael and TempJosslyn about
> Bobby's death.
> Y&R - Victoria fails in trying to get through to a despondent
> Claire. NuSummer grapples with whether to pursue Chance, while Daniel R.
> (Jr.) admits the whole Heather situation to her. Nikki almost falls of
> the wagon.
>

> What did you watch

Some Hitler action on (his)Story channel, ota dtv. Adolf got big donations from Krupp industries and IG chemicals.
Replace Krupp with Koch and IG with Amway DeVos, who am I describing ?

More Story channel about Tecumseh fighting in Indiana against Harrison. Didn't get Tecumseh lessons in High School history,
wonder why?
Fort Detroit was sacked by Injuns pissed about Harrison torching Big Chief City. "a group of supporting Native Americans under the leadership of Tecumseh, deceived Hull. They led him to believe that he faced a superior military force. Fearing a severed supply line and a brutal attack, Hull surrendered Detroit. Hull's capitulation was unsettling to many of his troops."

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<245709880.726194597.985394.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213059&group=rec.arts.tv#213059

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:56:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:56 UTC

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:59:55 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>> General note: Someone else will have to start WDYW? threads for Sat. and
>>> Sun. as I will be unavailable to do it.
>>
>> Me too!
>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Continued powering through Murdoch mysteries.
>>
>> Monarch and mankind haven’t dropped yet, so the only new thing was
>> REACHER
>> (reacher? I can’t even teach her!)
>
> Really, I saw them all early this morning. Haven't had a chance to
> check them out yet. I'm surprised that we are getting a new Monarch
> episode as I saw the last one a perfect place to end the season
> (assuming they are going for a second season.) Digging into the
> parallel world seemed like the ideal subject matter for a second
> season.
>
> While I really like REACHER we know there's just going to be more
> violence in this episode as there's only a single focus in this
> season.
>
>> Reacher has had enough of the T1000 and in the best tradition of the awful
>> arrow, just starts killing his minions with his bare hands. The bad guy
>> threatening the little girl died in exactly the way I said he would five
>> minutes earlier.
>>
>> Michael Okuda started posting on the Facebook how everyone everywhere
>> should be watching for all mankind because it’s the most brilliant amazing
>> show ever made. I always suspected he was a complete idiot. I blocked him.
>
> I've got the episodes stored away but have yet to even check out the
> show.

And now, the Facebook in its infinite sadism and perversity is constantly
insisting I friend his wife.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<34899979.726194645.067479.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213060&group=rec.arts.tv#213060

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:56:07 -0700

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 8:21 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E01 'The Pirates of Orion' disc
>>> Spock contracts a fatal disease, and the medicine required for his
>>> cure is stolen by Orion pirates.
>>> Goof: Nurse Chapel and the Huron lieutenant are both voiced by Majel
>>> Barrett and both drawn the same (with blonde hair) making them
>>> erroneously seem like they're identical twins.
>>> Goof: Everyone pronounces the Orion Pirates as OH-ree-an pirates
>>> instead of oh-RYE-an Pirates, as they are called in all other Star
>>> Trek productions involving this group. These include Yesteryear (1973)
>>> in which Kirk mentions exploring Orion's past.
>>>
>>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E02 'BEM' disc
>>> The Enterprise crew is being observed to evaluate their suitability to
>>> meet with advanced civilizations.
>>
>> Is this the one with the guy who can detach his limbs?
>>
> Head from torso, arms from torso, hips from torso at the waist. BEM
> (Bug-Eyed Monster) was a colony creature.

The question is, did this come before or after the Legion of superheroes
“arm fall off boy“?

Why can’t this happen to stinky cheese Larson?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DetachmentCombat

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<una9og$bb80$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213064&group=rec.arts.tv#213064

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:18:10 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 01:18 UTC

On 1/5/2024 4:56 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Is this the one with the guy who can detach his limbs?
>>>
>> Head from torso, arms from torso, hips from torso at the waist. BEM
>> (Bug-Eyed Monster) was a colony creature.
>
> The question is, did this come before or after the Legion of superheroes
> “arm fall off boy“?

This episode aired 1974. When did the Legion of Superheroes contract
leprosy?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<050120242234567138%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213070&group=rec.arts.tv#213070

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 22:34:56 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 03:34 UTC

In article
<34899979.726194645.067479.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> Is this the one with the guy who can detach his limbs?
> >>
> > Head from torso, arms from torso, hips from torso at the waist. BEM
> > (Bug-Eyed Monster) was a colony creature.
>
> The question is, did this come before or after the Legion of superheroes
> ³arm fall off boy³?

Arm-Fall-Off Boy's first appearance was in late 1989 (Secret Origins v2
046, Dec 89). He is shown yanking off his left arm with a PLORP sound.
He could use his limbs as clubs. No, it makes no sense.

> Why can¹t this happen to stinky cheese Larson?
>
> https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DetachmentCombat

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<unal7s$gasa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213074&group=rec.arts.tv#213074

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 20:34:08 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 04:34 UTC

On 1/5/2024 7:34 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <34899979.726194645.067479.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Head from torso, arms from torso, hips from torso at the waist. BEM
>>> (Bug-Eyed Monster) was a colony creature.
>>
>> The question is, did this come before or after the Legion of superheroes
>> ³arm fall off boy³?
>

> Arm-Fall-Off Boy's first appearance was in late 1989 (Secret Origins v2
> 046, Dec 89). He is shown yanking off his left arm with a PLORP sound.
> He could use his limbs as clubs. No, it makes no sense.

So, 15 years later.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<300911422.726210903.494273.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213075&group=rec.arts.tv#213075

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 22:16:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 05:16 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:59:55 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Me too!

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> Continued powering through Murdoch mysteries.
>>>
>>> Monarch and mankind haven’t dropped yet, so the only new thing was
>>> REACHER
>>> (reacher? I can’t even teach her!)
>>
>> Really, I saw them all early this morning. Haven't had a chance to
>> check them out yet. I'm surprised that we are getting a new Monarch
>> episode as I saw the last one a perfect place to end the season
>> (assuming they are going for a second season.) Digging into the
>> parallel world seemed like the ideal subject matter for a second
>> season.
>>
>> While I really like REACHER we know there's just going to be more
>> violence in this episode as there's only a single focus in this
>> season.
>>
>>> Reacher has had enough of the T1000 and in the best tradition of the awful
>>> arrow, just starts killing his minions with his bare hands. The bad guy
>>> threatening the little girl died in exactly the way I said he would five
>>> minutes earlier.
>>>
>>> Michael Okuda started posting on the Facebook how everyone everywhere
>>> should be watching for all mankind because it’s the most brilliant amazing
>>> show ever made. I always suspected he was a complete idiot. I blocked him.
>>
>> I've got the episodes stored away but have yet to even check out the
>> show.
>>

> And now, the Facebook in its infinite sadism and perversity is constantly
> insisting I friend his wife.

Well, at least I found out why he’s pushing mankind. He and his wife are in
this weeks credits as “technical advisors”.

Which might explain why the technical stuff is so aggressively wrong.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<94280869.726211256.682176.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213076&group=rec.arts.tv#213076

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 22:33:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 05:33 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 4:56 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Head from torso, arms from torso, hips from torso at the waist. BEM
>>> (Bug-Eyed Monster) was a colony creature.
>>
>> The question is, did this come before or after the Legion of superheroes
>> “arm fall off boy“?
>>
> This episode aired 1974. When did the Legion of Superheroes contract
> leprosy?

Wikipedia says arm fall off boy first appeared in December 1989.

But the captain Marvel character, who could break all his body parts into
separate entities, is from April 1966, so he predates not only TAS but TOS.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<1883117444.726211460.576407.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213077&group=rec.arts.tv#213077

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 22:33:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 05:33 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 7:34 PM, A Friend wrote:
>> In article
>> <34899979.726194645.067479.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> The question is, did this come before or after the Legion of superheroes
>>> ³arm fall off boy³?
>>

>> Arm-Fall-Off Boy's first appearance was in late 1989 (Secret Origins v2
>> 046, Dec 89). He is shown yanking off his left arm with a PLORP sound.
>> He could use his limbs as clubs. No, it makes no sense.
>>
> So, 15 years later.

But Captain Marvel (SPLIT!) Was eight years earlier.

Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<b00ipil5ste3h58huts3nn1j6fs93pojk2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213085&group=rec.arts.tv#213085

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 23:33:23 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 07:33 UTC

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:19:59 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>The Cinemaholic site says it was a Toronto-based production, filmed on
>the northwest shore of Lake Ontario.

With the greatest of respect, the northern shore of Lake Ontario
starts at Burlington, ON (it's my late wife's home town and her mother
still lives there - these days it's considered a western Toronto
suburb which it wasn't 40 years ago) - the far eastern north shore is
at Kingston, ON.

If you look at a map of Lake Ontario most people would say Metro
Toronto now ends in the Oshawa/Whitby area which is about 1/3 of the
way from Burlington to Kingston.

In other words, I'm arguing that "the northwest shore of Lake Ontario"
>IS< essentially Metro Toronto. While I'm not sure whether the
political boundaries of "Metro Toronto" has significantly changed in
the last 40 years, many would argue that the GO Transit train system
is at least 90% made of communities that are now considered "Metro
Toronto - which wasn't so when I lived there in the late 80s.

( https://www.gotransit.com/en/system-map - note that the map is
stylized like many transit system maps are )

Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<unc715$n2sl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213114&group=rec.arts.tv#213114

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:43:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:43 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:19:59 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>The Cinemaholic site says it was a Toronto-based production, filmed on
>>the northwest shore of Lake Ontario.

>With the greatest of respect, the northern shore of Lake Ontario
>starts at Burlington, ON (it's my late wife's home town and her mother
>still lives there - these days it's considered a western Toronto
>suburb which it wasn't 40 years ago) - the far eastern north shore is
>at Kingston, ON.

>If you look at a map of Lake Ontario most people would say Metro
>Toronto now ends in the Oshawa/Whitby area which is about 1/3 of the
>way from Burlington to Kingston.

>In other words, I'm arguing that "the northwest shore of Lake Ontario"
>>IS< essentially Metro Toronto. While I'm not sure whether the
>political boundaries of "Metro Toronto" has significantly changed in
>the last 40 years, many would argue that the GO Transit train system
>is at least 90% made of communities that are now considered "Metro
>Toronto - which wasn't so when I lived there in the late 80s.

>( https://www.gotransit.com/en/system-map - note that the map is
>stylized like many transit system maps are )

The point you are making eludes me. Toronto-based or Vancouver-based has
to do with where the actors and studios are and facilities used for post
production, warehouses storing scenery, warehouses from which equipment is
rented from, etc. The filming location on the Lake Ontario shore is just
that: a location. It's not the production base. They don't hold auditions
at the location itself, although extras will certainly be hired from the
local population.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<unc7sm$n737$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213115&group=rec.arts.tv#213115

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:58:32 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 18:58 UTC

On 1/5/2024 9:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 1/5/2024 7:34 PM, A Friend wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <34899979.726194645.067479.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> Arm-Fall-Off Boy's first appearance was in late 1989 (Secret Origins v2
>>> 046, Dec 89). He is shown yanking off his left arm with a PLORP sound.
>>> He could use his limbs as clubs. No, it makes no sense.
>>>
>> So, 15 years later.
>>

> But Captain Marvel (SPLIT!) Was eight years earlier.

And I'm sure there are myths from thousands of years ago of magical
beings doing the same thing.

dirty old man.

Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023

<unh95a$1jhlh$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213189&group=rec.arts.tv#213189

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:50:50 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 16:50 UTC

On 1/5/24 8:19 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Smart Home Killer (OnDemand) - This aired on LMN while I was at my
>> brother's, so I was unable to record it;
>
> This is because you are insane. Because you said you were looking
> forward to it, I set up a recording when I read it on Robin's list.

There probably is a way to set up a recording using the Spectrum app
while on the road - I didn't think of it, and didn't look into it.

But I wasn't worried as Lifetime/LMN eventually reair their movies
multiple times. I can also always pull movies of the Lifetime
website(/app?).

>> instead, I pulled it off
>> OnDemand, which actually sported few commercials, which was nice.
>> Anyway, this wasn't bad. It helps that I like both Natalie Brown and
>> Anwen O'Driscoll quite a lot.
>> But this throws a number of early "suspects" at you before revealing
>> the true culprit by the halfway point. The ending was fine as well.
>
> I watched this a couple of days after it first aired.
>
> The Cinemaholic site says it was a Toronto-based production, filmed on
> the northwest shore of Lake Ontario.

This makes sense - Brown, like the entire ex-Degrassi cast, seem to be
based out of Toronto.

> Natalie Brown and Anwen O'Driscoll played mother and daughter Leah and
> Harper.
>
> For no particular reason, I was looking forward to a story about a
> killer AI, but Soteria wasn't much of an AI at all. All the problems were
> caused by a human with remote access.

Yeah, I don't think the ads ever implied the AI was behind it - that's
too sci-fi-ish a premise for Lifetime to tackle.

> That the steam room was going to be used to kill was telegraphed
> immediately. We've seen that any number of times before. I always think
> of Paul Reiser in The Tower three decades ago but it's probably been
> done earlier. That was about an office building with a security system
> intent on killing intruders after hours.
>
> I wanted the script to explore Devan's motives to a greater extent, but
> he was just your typical Lifetime movie villain because he's an evil guy.

Yes - I have a problem with Lifetime flicks that don't do enough
"establishment" on the motives of the villains. In this one, it just
seemed like the guy was a meglomaniac inventor. But that doesn't explain
why he didn't immediately fire the skeevy assistant that was creeping on
the underaged daughter played by O'Driscoll... [shrug]

Re: Smart Home Killer 12/21/2023

<1562764591.726435793.204952.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213210&group=rec.arts.tv#213210

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 12:47:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 19:47 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 1/5/24 8:19 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Smart Home Killer (OnDemand) - This aired on LMN while I was at my
>>> brother's, so I was unable to record it;
>>
>> This is because you are insane. Because you said you were looking
>> forward to it, I set up a recording when I read it on Robin's list.
>
> There probably is a way to set up a recording using the Spectrum app
> while on the road - I didn't think of it, and didn't look into it.

I can even do that on the Cox DVR app on the iPhone.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-04 (Thursday)

<unhlhs$1lj5b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213214&group=rec.arts.tv#213214

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:22:19 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 20:22 UTC

In article <un9d1i$7knr$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> On 1/5/2024 8:05 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E01 'The Pirates of Orion' disc
>> Spock contracts a fatal disease, and the medicine required for his cure
>> is stolen by Orion pirates.
>> Goof: Nurse Chapel and the Huron lieutenant are both voiced by Majel
>> Barrett and both drawn the same (with blonde hair) making them
>> erroneously seem like they're identical twins.
>> Goof: Everyone pronounces the Orion Pirates as OH-ree-an pirates instead
>> of oh-RYE-an Pirates, as they are called in all other Star Trek
>> productions involving this group. These include Yesteryear (1973) in
>> which Kirk mentions exploring Orion's past.
>>
>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E02 'BEM' disc
>> The Enterprise crew is being observed to evaluate their suitability to
>> meet with advanced civilizations.
>
>Is this the one with the guy who can detach his limbs?

~Detachable penis
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBPgJQhQHc

>> Star Trek: The Animated Series S2E03 'The Practical Joker' disc
>> The computer of the Enterprise gains partial sentience and a taste for
>> playing practical jokes on the crew.
>
>Laughing gas is poisonous to Vulcans. My brain is full of useless trivia...

Sucrose affects them like alcohol does humans.

>I forgot to mention from the other day I also watched the latest Doctor
>Who episode, "The Church on Ruby Road" - The Doctor fights baby eating
>goblins. I guess it was OK.

No, it wasn't.

--
Let's go Brandon!