The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. -- Oscar Wilde

arts / rec.arts.tv / Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

SubjectAuthor
* Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Robin Miller
+- Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Woke Ken
`* Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Ian J. Ball
 `* Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024shawn
  `* Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Ian J. Ball
   `* Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Dimensional Traveler
    +* Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Ian J. Ball
    |`- Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024Dimensional Traveler
    `- Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024The Horny Goat

1
Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<kvu3f6Ff5jaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213117&group=rec.arts.tv#213117

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:44:44 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 22:44 UTC

Saturday, Jan. 6

The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard (episodes 3 and 4) (8
and 8:52 pm, Lifetime Channel)

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/the-prison-confessions-of-gypsy-rose-blanchard

Love on the Right Course (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A professional golfer suffers a series of setbacks and returns home to
Budapest to reevaluate her future in the sport. While there, a golf pro
helps her rediscover herself and find love. Stars Ashley Newbrough and
Marcus Rosner.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/love-on-the-right-course

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30143873/

OWN Spotlight: The Color Puple Interviews: Oprah & Taraji P. Henson
("talk special) (10 pm, OWN)

Sunday, Jan. 7

Romantic Friction (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Book-cover artist Lea pretends to be the elusive author of a hit romance
novel that was secretly written by snobbish literary novelist Michael.
She doesn’t expect to find love herself. Stars Julie Roy and Brandon
Santana.

https://uptv.com/movies/romantic-friction/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26688466/

The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard: Only Way Out (final
episodes 5 and 6) (8 and 8:52 pm, Lifetime Channel)

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/the-prison-confessions-of-gypsy-rose-blanchard

81st Golden Globe Awards (live event) (8 pm ET / 5 pm PT, CBS)

https://www.cbs.com/shows/golden-globes/

PBS schedule tonight:

Miss Scarlet and The Duke (season 4 premier) (8 pm, PBS)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8270592/ [rating 7.7]

All Creatures Great and Small (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, PBS)

It’s the spring of 1940 and change is on the horizon for everyone in
Skeldale House. James and Helen wonder when the right time might be to
start a family, Tristan’s absence is felt by all, and Siegfried attempts
to hold the growing household, and himself, together

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/all-creatures-great-and-small-s4-trailer/?subscriber=true&list_id=general

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/all-creatures-great-and-small-2021/season-4/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10590066/ [rating 8.6]

Funny Woman [new to US] (10 pm, PBS)

Gemma Arterton stars in a six-part British series (adapted from the Nick
Hornby novel Funny Girl) that's set in swinging '60s London. She plays a
beauty queen seeking a career change into the male-dominated world of
comedy (sort of like an English take on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel).
Critics liked Arterton's performance more than the material she was
given to work with when the show premiered in the UK a year ago.

https://www.pbs.org/video/preview-e9rr9b/

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/funny-woman/ [score 70]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15309272/ [rating 7.4]

Fox schedule tonight:

Grimsburg [new] (8 pm, Fox; airs following NFL coverage in
all time zones)

Fox's latest animated series follows a detective (voiced by Jon Hamm)
struggling to reconnect with his family after relocating to the titular
town. Erinn Hayes, Alan Tudyk, Rachel Dratch, Greg Chun, and Kevin
Michael Richardson also provide voices for the series, which has already
been renewed for a second season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S915fKfTjNk

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/grimsburg/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15791752/

Krapopolis (8:30 pm, Fox)

Bob's Burgers (9 pm, Fox; season 14 winter finale)

The Great North (9:30 pm, Fox; season 4 premiere)

Fox Network's notes for tonight:

[EDITOR'S NOTE: In the Mountain time zone, following The Great North,
local programming will air starting at 8:00 PM.]

[EDITOR'S NOTE: In Pacific Time Zone, following Krapopolis local
programming will air until 8:00 PM PT.]

[EDITOR'S NOTE: In the Pacific Time Zone, an encore of Grimsburg will
air at 8:00 PM PT and an encore of Krapopolis will air at 8:30 PM PT.]

(end)

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<96c6f69b-2b39-4b14-a6db-aac0dbc5ee3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213157&group=rec.arts.tv#213157

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:39:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 23:39 UTC

On Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 4:45:01 PM UTC-6, Robin Miller wrote:
> Saturday, Jan. 6
>

> The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard (episodes 3 and 4) (8
> and 8:52 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/the-prison-confessions-of-gypsy-rose-blanchard
>

> Love on the Right Course (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A professional golfer suffers a series of setbacks and returns home to
> Budapest to reevaluate her future in the sport. While there, a golf pro
> helps her rediscover herself and find love. Stars Ashley Newbrough and
> Marcus Rosner.
>
> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/love-on-the-right-course
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30143873/
>

> OWN Spotlight: The Color Puple Interviews: Oprah & Taraji P. Henson
> ("talk special) (10 pm, OWN)
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Sunday, Jan. 7
>

> Romantic Friction (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Book-cover artist Lea pretends to be the elusive author of a hit romance
> novel that was secretly written by snobbish literary novelist Michael.
> She doesn’t expect to find love herself. Stars Julie Roy and Brandon
> Santana.
>
> https://uptv.com/movies/romantic-friction/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26688466/
>

> The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard: Only Way Out (final
> episodes 5 and 6) (8 and 8:52 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/the-prison-confessions-of-gypsy-rose-blanchard
>

> 81st Golden Globe Awards (live event) (8 pm ET / 5 pm PT, CBS)
>
> https://www.cbs.com/shows/golden-globes/
>

> PBS schedule tonight:

I have to watch PBS MotorWeek off wifi in kohl's lobby because WTTW,
Winnetka Talks To Wilmette, preempted MW for tourists and teatime stuff.

> Miss Scarlet and The Duke (season 4 premier) (8 pm, PBS)
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8270592/ [rating 7.7]
>

> All Creatures Great and Small (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, PBS)
>
> It’s the spring of 1940 and change is on the horizon for everyone in
> Skeldale House. James and Helen wonder when the right time might be to
> start a family, Tristan’s absence is felt by all, and Siegfried attempts
> to hold the growing household, and himself, together
>
> https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/all-creatures-great-and-small-s4-trailer/?subscriber=true&list_id=general
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/all-creatures-great-and-small-2021/season-4/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10590066/ [rating 8.6]
>

> Funny Woman [new to US] (10 pm, PBS)
>
> Gemma Arterton stars in a six-part British series (adapted from the Nick
> Hornby novel Funny Girl) that's set in swinging '60s London. She plays a
> beauty queen seeking a career change into the male-dominated world of
> comedy (sort of like an English take on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel).
> Critics liked Arterton's performance more than the material she was
> given to work with when the show premiered in the UK a year ago.
>
> https://www.pbs.org/video/preview-e9rr9b/
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/funny-woman/ [score 70]
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15309272/ [rating 7.4]
>

> Fox schedule tonight:
>

> Grimsburg [new] (8 pm, Fox; airs following NFL coverage in
> all time zones)
>
> Fox's latest animated series follows a detective (voiced by Jon Hamm)
> struggling to reconnect with his family after relocating to the titular
> town. Erinn Hayes, Alan Tudyk, Rachel Dratch, Greg Chun, and Kevin
> Michael Richardson also provide voices for the series, which has already
> been renewed for a second season.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S915fKfTjNk
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/grimsburg/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15791752/
>

> Krapopolis (8:30 pm, Fox)
>

> Bob's Burgers (9 pm, Fox; season 14 winter finale)
>

> The Great North (9:30 pm, Fox; season 4 premiere)
>

> Fox Network's notes for tonight:
>
> [EDITOR'S NOTE: In the Mountain time zone, following The Great North,
> local programming will air starting at 8:00 PM.]
>
> [EDITOR'S NOTE: In Pacific Time Zone, following Krapopolis local
> programming will air until 8:00 PM PT.]
>
> [EDITOR'S NOTE: In the Pacific Time Zone, an encore of Grimsburg will
> air at 8:00 PM PT and an encore of Krapopolis will air at 8:30 PM PT.]
>

> (end)

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<unh8k7$1jhlh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213187&group=rec.arts.tv#213187

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:41:43 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 16:41 UTC

On 1/6/24 2:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>         Saturday, Jan. 6
>

> Love on the Right Course         (movie)        (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A professional golfer suffers a series of setbacks and returns home to
> Budapest to reevaluate her future in the sport. While there, a golf pro
> helps her rediscover herself and find love. Stars Ashley Newbrough and
> Marcus Rosner.

I might have watched this. But the hotel I was staying at had literally
4 channels (5 with PBS) and nothing else, and the TVs were tiny and so
old there was no way to Cast/AirPlay to them from my phone... >:/

> (end)

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<dteopi5fua7rcgthpo7hpcbunbhaggk4l5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213199&group=rec.arts.tv#213199

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 13:15:30 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:15 UTC

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:41:43 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 1/6/24 2:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>         Saturday, Jan. 6
>>

>> Love on the Right Course         (movie)        (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>
>> A professional golfer suffers a series of setbacks and returns home to
>> Budapest to reevaluate her future in the sport. While there, a golf pro
>> helps her rediscover herself and find love. Stars Ashley Newbrough and
>> Marcus Rosner.
>
>I might have watched this. But the hotel I was staying at had literally
>4 channels (5 with PBS) and nothing else, and the TVs were tiny and so
>old there was no way to Cast/AirPlay to them from my phone... >:/

So were you time traveling back to the 1970s?

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<unhg3q$1krel$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213201&group=rec.arts.tv#213201

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 10:49:30 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:49 UTC

On 1/8/24 10:15 AM, shawn wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:41:43 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/6/24 2:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>>         Saturday, Jan. 6
>>>

>>> Love on the Right Course         (movie)        (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>>
>>> A professional golfer suffers a series of setbacks and returns home to
>>> Budapest to reevaluate her future in the sport. While there, a golf pro
>>> helps her rediscover herself and find love. Stars Ashley Newbrough and
>>> Marcus Rosner.
>>
>> I might have watched this. But the hotel I was staying at had literally
>> 4 channels (5 with PBS) and nothing else, and the TVs were tiny and so
>> old there was no way to Cast/AirPlay to them from my phone... >:/
>
> So were you time traveling back to the 1970s?

It's felt like it!! :o

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<unhgv7$1kts7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213204&group=rec.arts.tv#213204

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:04:09 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 19:04 UTC

On 1/8/2024 10:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 1/8/24 10:15 AM, shawn wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:41:43 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> I might have watched this. But the hotel I was staying at had literally
>>> 4 channels (5 with PBS) and nothing else, and the TVs were tiny and so
>>> old there was no way to Cast/AirPlay to them from my phone...  >:/
>>
>> So were you time traveling back to the 1970s?
>
> It's felt like it!!  :o

Since everyone is watching streams on their phones the hotels probably
don't feel like paying for TV service beyond the absolute minimum.

dirty old man.

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<unhid8$1krel$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213206&group=rec.arts.tv#213206

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:28:40 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 19:28 UTC

On 1/8/24 11:04 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> On 1/8/2024 10:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 1/8/24 10:15 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> So were you time traveling back to the 1970s?
>>
>> It's felt like it!!  :o
>
> Since everyone is watching streams on their phones the hotels probably
> don't feel like paying for TV service beyond the absolute minimum.

And so they install TVs that *don't* allow Casting/AirPlaying!?!
It makes no sense!!

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<unhk8p$1lf6q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213212&group=rec.arts.tv#213212

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 12:00:27 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 20:00 UTC

On 1/8/2024 11:28 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 1/8/24 11:04 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> It's felt like it!!  :o
>>
>> Since everyone is watching streams on their phones the hotels probably
>> don't feel like paying for TV service beyond the absolute minimum.
>
> And so they install TVs that *don't* allow Casting/AirPlaying!?!
> It makes no sense!!

IT Security Risks. :P

dirty old man.

Re: Selected programming for Jan. 6-7, 2024

<qt2qpi5irgs2ghkf93p8gen1ck82ai1hfv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213243&group=rec.arts.tv#213243

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 01:03:28 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 09:03 UTC

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:04:09 -0800, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>Since everyone is watching streams on their phones the hotels probably
>don't feel like paying for TV service beyond the absolute minimum.

I can remember a time in the early 80s when the only pay channels on
the motel TV dial were porn...