A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well as afterward.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

SubjectAuthor
* [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedYour Name
+* Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedshawn
|`* Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedYour Name
| +- Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedshawn
| `* Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedanim8rfsk
|  `* Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedYour Name
|   `- Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedA Friend
+- Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedDavid Mitchell
+* Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedanim8rfsk
|`* Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedshawn
| `- Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedanim8rfsk
+- Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedDimensional Traveler
`- Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series orderedUbiquitous

1
[NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<un9t6p$9udd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213041&group=rec.arts.tv#213041

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:43:53 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 21:43 UTC

Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??

'NCIS' Prequel Series About Young Gibbs Ordered at CBS
CBS has ordered an "NCIS" prequel series that will focus on
a young Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Variety has confirmed.

The series is titled "NCIS: Origins" and will air during the
2024-2025 season. The show will be set in 1991 with Mark
Harmon (who played Gibbs for nearly two decades) serving as
narrator. The official logline states, "In the series, Gibbs
starts his career as a newly minted special agent at the
fledgling NCIS Camp Pendleton office where he forges his
place on a gritty, ragtag team led by NCIS legend Mike Franks."

Harmon will executive produce with his son, Sean Harmon, who
originally brought the idea of a young Gibbs show to CBS. Sean
has previously played a younger version of his father's
character in episodes of "NCIS," but he will focus on executive
producing the new series and casting for the lead role will
begin shortly.

David J. North and Gina Lucita Monreal co-write the pilot and
will serve as executive producers and co-showrunners on the
series. North and Monreal both wrote on "NCIS" for 10 years,
with North currently serving as showrunner on that show.
CBS Studios produces.

"We are elated and honored to continue the expansion of the
'NCIS' universe in such a unique and unexpected way," said
Amy Reisenbach, president of CBS Entertainment. "Viewers can
look forward to Mark Harmon returning to CBS to narrate the
complex and mysterious backstory of Leroy Jethro Gibbs' early
years in 'NCIS: Origins,' which will build on the rich legacy
of this character while reintroducing fan-favorite characters
and meeting new ones."

This marks the latest expansion of the "NCIS" franchise. In
addition to the main show, which is going into its 21st season,
CBS also currently airs "NCIS: Hawaii" while "NCIS: Sydney"
airs on Paramount+ and CBS. CBS also previously aired
"NCIS: Los Angeles" and "NCIS: New Orleans."

"There's no denying the cultural and global phenomenon of the
'NCIS' franchise for the last 20 years," said David Stapf,
president of CBS Studios. "When Sean and Mark approached us all
with this exciting expansion of the universe - exploring a
young Gibbs - we knew it was the next story that needed to be
told. We also couldn't be luckier to have Gina and David at the
helm as co-showrunners who are not only brilliant and adept
writers, but know this character and universe so well."

Harmon began playing the character of Gibbs when "NCIS" first
debuted on CBS in 2003 after originating the character on
fellow CBS series "JAG." It was announced in 2021 that Harmon
would be leaving the show, with his final episode airing during
Season 19. He remains an executive producer on "NCIS."

"We're thrilled to be bringing this new chapter to life along
with Mark and Sean Harmon," said Monreal and North. "This really
is the making of Leroy Jethro Gibbs. And even the most dedicated
NCIS fans will discover that they don't know the whole story."

"The character of Gibbs has been an important part of my life
for 20 years, both in watching my father craft the role and
previously having the honor to play young Gibbs myself," said
Sean Harmon. "I always felt there was a tale worth telling about
his earlier years, so I am thrilled to be stepping into a
producing role alongside Gina, David and my dad as we tell this
story and reveal a new side of this beloved character."

<https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/ncis-prequel-series-young-gibbs-cbs-1235862939/>

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<q52hpil1i1ljbg62nva0dq4kjargp9jjdd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213045&group=rec.arts.tv#213045

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 17:55:21 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 22:55 UTC

On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:43:53 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
>shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
>their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??

You know the answer. $$$ and a fear of trying something new that might
fail.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<una3pf$8bco$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213046&group=rec.arts.tv#213046

From: david_ta...@protonmail.com (David Mitchell)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:36:15 +0100
 by: David Mitchell - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 23:36 UTC

On 5.1.2024. 22:43, Your Name wrote:

> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>

>    'NCIS' Prequel Series About Young Gibbs Ordered at CBS

It's lazy and uninteresting and dumb. Another NCIS. How many do we need?
I wish network TV would order weirder and braver projects. Just give us
something original and give it time to breathe.

--
"I'll wait for you. Always."

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<una5pg$avom$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213052&group=rec.arts.tv#213052

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 13:10:24 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:10 UTC

On 2024-01-05 22:55:21 +0000, shawn said:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:43:53 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
>> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
>> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>
> You know the answer. $$$ and a fear of trying something new that might
> fail.

The UK doesn't tend to do it though*. It's something more unique to
American Hollyweird. Some of the UK's most popular shows are short
lived and end while still popular. "Fawlty Towers" is a prime example
(although there is now a planned resurrection / sequel series which may
or may not ever actually happen).

* There are exceptions, like "Broadchurch" which was likely a one-off
mini-series, but got extended to further seasons due to being so
popular and those further seasons were not as good. "Vigil" also seems
to have followed that path.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<o07hpi5bf9sn3ol31ptni2vfg68ntaknbu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213055&group=rec.arts.tv#213055

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 19:23:21 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:23 UTC

On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 13:10:24 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>On 2024-01-05 22:55:21 +0000, shawn said:
>> On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:43:53 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
>>> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
>>> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>>
>> You know the answer. $$$ and a fear of trying something new that might
>> fail.
>
>The UK doesn't tend to do it though*. It's something more unique to
>American Hollyweird. Some of the UK's most popular shows are short
>lived and end while still popular. "Fawlty Towers" is a prime example
>(although there is now a planned resurrection / sequel series which may
>or may not ever actually happen).

We didn't do it for the longest time. It's only the last few years
that we got into those short seasons and some shows that aren't
intended to keep going year after year. Nothing like what the UK does.

At least in Hollywood it's been a thing for long as I have lived that
the people in charge seem to keep being replaced on a regular basis.
There's that fear of making a bad decision in approving a show that
will lead to them getting feared. Hence the desire to reuse concepts
or shows in new projects with the hope that a tried and proven idea
will continue to resonate with the views. I don't know how quick the
BBC and other UK organizations are to fire people if a new show
doesn't succeed.

So we get spin off after spin off (as in the L&O, NCIS and even the
CSI series) or reboots such as with Battlestar Galactica or WEDNESDAY.
All because the original show did well so there's hope that sticking
with a related idea will also work.

>* There are exceptions, like "Broadchurch" which was likely a one-off
>mini-series, but got extended to further seasons due to being so
>popular and those further seasons were not as good. "Vigil" also seems
>to have followed that path.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<578105130.726194022.184529.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213057&group=rec.arts.tv#213057

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:56:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:56 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>

> 'NCIS' Prequel Series About Young Gibbs Ordered at CBS
> CBS has ordered an "NCIS" prequel series that will focus on
> a young Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Variety has confirmed.
>
> The series is titled "NCIS: Origins" and will

Be every bit as good as STARGATE: ORIGINS, SGO

air during the
> 2024-2025 season. The show will be set in 1991 with Mark
> Harmon (who played Gibbs for nearly two decades) serving as
> narrator. The official logline states, "In the series, Gibbs
> starts his career as a newly minted special agent at the
> fledgling NCIS Camp Pendleton office where he forges his
> place on a gritty, ragtag team led by NCIS legend Mike Franks."
>
> Harmon will executive produce with his son, Sean Harmon, who
> originally brought the idea of a young Gibbs show to CBS. Sean
> has previously played a younger version of his father's
> character in episodes of "NCIS," but he will focus on executive
> producing the new series and casting for the lead role will
> begin shortly.
>
> David J. North and Gina Lucita Monreal co-write the pilot and
> will serve as executive producers and co-showrunners on the
> series. North and Monreal both wrote on "NCIS" for 10 years,
> with North currently serving as showrunner on that show.
> CBS Studios produces.
>
> "We are elated and honored to continue the expansion of the
> 'NCIS' universe in such a unique and unexpected way," said
> Amy Reisenbach,

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that Sparky

president of CBS Entertainment. "Viewers can
> look forward to Mark Harmon returning to CBS to narrate the
> complex and mysterious backstory of Leroy Jethro Gibbs' early
> years in 'NCIS: Origins,' which will build on the rich legacy
> of this character while reintroducing fan-favorite characters
> and meeting new ones."
>
> This marks the latest expansion of the "NCIS" franchise. In
> addition to the main show, which is going into its 21st season,
> CBS also currently airs "NCIS: Hawaii" while "NCIS: Sydney"
> airs on Paramount+ and CBS. CBS also previously aired
> "NCIS: Los Angeles" and "NCIS: New Orleans."
>
> "There's no denying the cultural and global phenomenon of the
> 'NCIS' franchise for the last 20 years," said David Stapf,
> president of CBS Studios. "When Sean and Mark approached us all
> with this exciting expansion of the universe - exploring a
> young Gibbs - we knew it was the next story that needed to be
> told. We also couldn't be luckier to have Gina and David at the
> helm as co-showrunners who are not only brilliant and adept
> writers, but know this character and universe so well."
>
> Harmon began playing the character of Gibbs when "NCIS" first
> debuted on CBS in 2003 after originating the character on
> fellow CBS series "JAG."

But it’s not a spin off! We paid a judge plenty to say that.

It was announced in 2021 that Harmon
> would be leaving the show, with his final episode airing during
> Season 19. He remains an executive producer on "NCIS."
>
> "We're thrilled to be bringing this new chapter to life along
> with Mark and Sean Harmon," said Monreal and North. "This really
> is the making of Leroy Jethro Gibbs. And even the most dedicated
> NCIS fans will discover that they don't know the whole story."
>
> "The character of Gibbs has been an important part of my life
> for 20 years, both in watching my father craft the role and
> previously having the honor to play young Gibbs myself," said
> Sean Harmon. "I always felt there was a tale worth telling about
> his earlier years, so I am thrilled to be stepping into a
> producing role alongside Gina, David and my dad as we tell this
> story and reveal a new side of this beloved character."
>

> <https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/ncis-prequel-series-young-gibbs-cbs-1235862939/>

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<996900882.726194295.017787.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213058&group=rec.arts.tv#213058

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:56:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:56 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-05 22:55:21 +0000, shawn said:
>> On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 10:43:53 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
>>> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
>>> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>>
>> You know the answer. $$$ and a fear of trying something new that might
>> fail.
>
> The UK doesn't tend to do it though*. It's something more unique to
> American Hollyweird. Some of the UK's most popular shows are short
> lived and end while still popular. "Fawlty Towers" is a prime example
> (although there is now a planned resurrection / sequel series which may
> or may not ever actually happen).

And there was the unwatchable American version.

> * There are exceptions, like "Broadchurch" which was likely a one-off
> mini-series, but got extended to further seasons due to being so
> popular and those further seasons were not as good. "Vigil" also seems
> to have followed that path.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<una9jm$bb80$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213062&group=rec.arts.tv#213062

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:15:37 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 01:15 UTC

On 1/5/2024 1:43 PM, Your Name wrote:

> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??

Because they tend to not lose as much money as new stuff and television
is dying.

dirty old man.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<unab61$bgmu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213068&group=rec.arts.tv#213068

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 14:42:25 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 01:42 UTC

On 2024-01-06 00:56:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-05 22:55:21 +0000, shawn said:

>>> You know the answer. $$$ and a fear of trying something new that might
>>> fail.
>>
>> The UK doesn't tend to do it though*. It's something more unique to
>> American Hollyweird. Some of the UK's most popular shows are short
>> lived and end while still popular. "Fawlty Towers" is a prime example
>> (although there is now a planned resurrection / sequel series which may
>> or may not ever actually happen).
>
> And there was the unwatchable American version.

There have been about three American versions of Fawlty Towers ... all
of them abysmally bad.

>> * There are exceptions, like "Broadchurch" which was likely a one-off
>> mini-series, but got extended to further seasons due to being so
>> popular and those further seasons were not as good. "Vigil" also seems
>> to have followed that path.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<ukfhpidintlfpc1jglr1v969d4jbnf3nrk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213069&group=rec.arts.tv#213069

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 21:48:37 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 02:48 UTC

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 17:56:05 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
>> shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
>> their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>>

>> 'NCIS' Prequel Series About Young Gibbs Ordered at CBS
>> CBS has ordered an "NCIS" prequel series that will focus on
>> a young Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Variety has confirmed.
>>
>> The series is titled "NCIS: Origins" and will
>
>Be every bit as good as STARGATE: ORIGINS, SGO
>

>air during the
>> 2024-2025 season. The show will be set in 1991 with Mark
>> Harmon (who played Gibbs for nearly two decades) serving as
>> narrator. The official logline states, "In the series, Gibbs
>> starts his career as a newly minted special agent at the
>> fledgling NCIS Camp Pendleton office where he forges his
>> place on a gritty, ragtag team led by NCIS legend Mike Franks."
>>
>> Harmon will executive produce with his son, Sean Harmon, who
>> originally brought the idea of a young Gibbs show to CBS. Sean
>> has previously played a younger version of his father's
>> character in episodes of "NCIS," but he will focus on executive
>> producing the new series and casting for the lead role will
>> begin shortly.
>>
>> David J. North and Gina Lucita Monreal co-write the pilot and
>> will serve as executive producers and co-showrunners on the
>> series. North and Monreal both wrote on "NCIS" for 10 years,
>> with North currently serving as showrunner on that show.
>> CBS Studios produces.
>>
>> "We are elated and honored to continue the expansion of the
>> 'NCIS' universe in such a unique and unexpected way," said
>> Amy Reisenbach,
>
>Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that Sparky

Hey, I am certain they mean every word of that. They said it would be
unique and unexpected. They didn't say it would be good or desired.

>president of CBS Entertainment. "Viewers can
>> look forward to Mark Harmon returning to CBS to narrate the
>> complex and mysterious backstory of Leroy Jethro Gibbs' early
>> years in 'NCIS: Origins,' which will build on the rich legacy
>> of this character while reintroducing fan-favorite characters
>> and meeting new ones."

So he gets to work one day a week doing voice narration? Not bad work
if you can get it.

>> This marks the latest expansion of the "NCIS" franchise. In
>> addition to the main show, which is going into its 21st season,
>> CBS also currently airs "NCIS: Hawaii" while "NCIS: Sydney"
>> airs on Paramount+ and CBS. CBS also previously aired
>> "NCIS: Los Angeles" and "NCIS: New Orleans."
>>
>> "There's no denying the cultural and global phenomenon of the
>> 'NCIS' franchise for the last 20 years," said David Stapf,
>> president of CBS Studios. "When Sean and Mark approached us all
>> with this exciting expansion of the universe - exploring a
>> young Gibbs - we knew it was the next story that needed to be
>> told. We also couldn't be luckier to have Gina and David at the
>> helm as co-showrunners who are not only brilliant and adept
>> writers, but know this character and universe so well."
>>
>> Harmon began playing the character of Gibbs when "NCIS" first
>> debuted on CBS in 2003 after originating the character on
>> fellow CBS series "JAG."
>
>But it’s not a spin off! We paid a judge plenty to say that.

Yeah, it's a strange situation where the character is clearly the same
but the story/situations are clearly different from the overall shows
of JAG and NCIS. So it's like a spin off of the characters in those
few episodes of JAG. (I think it was two, but I'm not sure.)

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<050120242239182854%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213072&group=rec.arts.tv#213072

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 22:39:18 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 03:39 UTC

In article <unab61$bgmu$2@dont-email.me>, Your Name
<YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2024-01-06 00:56:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> >> The UK doesn't tend to do it though*. It's something more unique to
> >> American Hollyweird. Some of the UK's most popular shows are short
> >> lived and end while still popular. "Fawlty Towers" is a prime example
> >> (although there is now a planned resurrection / sequel series which may
> >> or may not ever actually happen).
> >
> > And there was the unwatchable American version.
>
> There have been about three American versions of Fawlty Towers ... all
> of them abysmally bad.

One was an authorized American version. The others (more than two, I
think) were all steals, and were done by people who didn't understand
or even care why the original worked.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<2088375469.726211686.467293.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213078&group=rec.arts.tv#213078

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 22:33:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 05:33 UTC

> [...]
>>> president of CBS Studios. "When Sean and Mark approached us all
>>> with this exciting expansion of the universe - exploring a
>>> young Gibbs - we knew it was the next story that needed to be
>>> told. We also couldn't be luckier to have Gina and David at the
>>> helm as co-showrunners who are not only brilliant and adept
>>> writers, but know this character and universe so well."
>>>
>>> Harmon began playing the character of Gibbs when "NCIS" first
>>> debuted on CBS in 2003 after originating the character on
>>> fellow CBS series "JAG."
>>
>> But it’s not a spin off! We paid a judge plenty to say that.
>
> Yeah, it's a strange situation where the character is clearly the same
> but the story/situations are clearly different from the overall shows
> of JAG and NCIS. So it's like a spin off of the characters in those
> few episodes of JAG. (I think it was two, but I'm not sure.)

Yes, it was a very special two part episode of JAG that introduced NCIS.

Re: [NEWS] 'NCIS' young Gibbs prequel series ordered

<unhm5v$1lj5b$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213217&group=rec.arts.tv#213217

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:33:03 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 20:33 UTC

In article <un9t6p$9udd$1@dont-email.me>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:

>Yet another NCIS spin-off series. Why does America insist on dragging
>shows / franchises on and on and on and on until they're *well* past
>their use by date and everyone is completely and utterly sick of them??
>

> 'NCIS' Prequel Series About Young Gibbs Ordered at CBS
> CBS has ordered an "NCIS" prequel series that will focus on
> a young Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Variety has confirmed.

Will there be crossovers with YOUNG SHELDON?

--
Let's go Brandon!