I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. -- David Bowie

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)shawn
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)Ubiquitous
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)Woke Ken

1
What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)

<daripip5chftifn5n5p9o9cgth4v9sbc3f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213096&group=rec.arts.tv#213096

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 10:13:54 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:13 UTC

On Friday I watched the remaining episodes of THE LAZARUS PROJECT
season 2 which came to a satisfying conclusion. One which works as
both a series and a season finale. So they can end the show or bring
it back for another season. There were the typical twists and turns
what with time travel in any form throwing a spanner into the works
and sometimes turning enemies into friends.

Well worth checking out when it finally comes to the USA shores.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)

<unbur5$lsof$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213108&group=rec.arts.tv#213108

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 08:24:06 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:24 UTC

On 1/6/2024 7:13 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Friday I watched the remaining episodes of THE LAZARUS PROJECT
> season 2 which came to a satisfying conclusion. One which works as
> both a series and a season finale. So they can end the show or bring
> it back for another season. There were the typical twists and turns
> what with time travel in any form throwing a spanner into the works
> and sometimes turning enemies into friends.
>
> Well worth checking out when it finally comes to the USA shores.

I will!

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Night Court - "A Night Court Before Christmas" - Season 2, episode 1.
This is a special Christmas episode that ignores the season 1 finale
which ended on a cliffhanger where Dan left. This episode plays like a
regular episode with Dan still at the courthouse. But of note, the
court clerk is missing, replaced by a different actor without
explanation. I found it a bit jarring.

"The Roz Affair" - Episode 2. This one picks up from the season 1
finale with Dan now a judge in another state. Roz from the original
series makes a guest appearance. And they acknowledge the original
clerk's absence by saying he moved away.

American Fiction (theatrical) New dramedy written and directed by Cord
Jefferson, and starring Jeffrey Wright as a college writing professor
who is frustrated that he can't get published. He notices the latest
hit book is full of what he considers caricatures of African Americans
and decides as a joke to write a book that's even more ridiculous and
stereotypical. But to his horror, publishers take the book seriously
and it becomes a huge hit. I went in thinking the movie would mostly
focus on the book satire, but to my surprise a good chunk of the movie
was a melodrama as Wright's character had to deal with family issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0MbLCpYJPA

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)

<a872a391-cf59-4519-b2c2-1e640f9add0cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213119&group=rec.arts.tv#213119

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:38:19 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Woke Ken)
 by: Woke Ken - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 23:38 UTC

On Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 9:14:02 AM UTC-6, shawn wrote:
> On Friday I watched the remaining episodes of THE LAZARUS PROJECT
> season 2 which came to a satisfying conclusion. One which works as
> both a series and a season finale. So they can end the show or bring
> it back for another season. There were the typical twists and turns
> what with time travel in any form throwing a spanner into the works
> and sometimes turning enemies into friends.
>
> Well worth checking out when it finally comes to the USA shores.
>
> What did you watch?

A 30 minute chunk of High Plains Drifter. Eastwood declared a little person to be Sheriff and Mayor. Buys drinks for the house. But trouble is coming from released felons.
Saturday morning watched the bank robber block on court tv, Chicago's own Tanja Babich reported on a robbery in Syracuse NY, a prior news job. Court TV caved and is transmitted on a dtv subchannel. No Babich wardrobe issues.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-01-05 (Friday)

<unhmcj$1lj5b$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=213218&group=rec.arts.tv#213218

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:36:35 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 20:36 UTC

In article <unbur5$lsof$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> On 1/6/2024 7:13 AM, shawn wrote:

>> What did you watch?

I was still recovering from the creeping crud.

>I watched:
>
>Night Court - "A Night Court Before Christmas" - Season 2, episode 1.
>This is a special Christmas episode that ignores the season 1 finale
>which ended on a cliffhanger where Dan left. This episode plays like a
>regular episode with Dan still at the courthouse. But of note, the
>court clerk is missing, replaced by a different actor without
>explanation. I found it a bit jarring.
>
>"The Roz Affair" - Episode 2. This one picks up from the season 1
>finale with Dan now a judge in another state. Roz from the original
>series makes a guest appearance. And they acknowledge the original
>clerk's absence by saying he moved away.

OK, so it sounds like I don't need to catch up with the last two eps of the
first season...

--
Let's go Brandon!