Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 10:09:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Walkin the Dog
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Sun, 14 May 2023 17:09 UTC

Walkin the Dog

I yawned and took a peek out of the bathroom window,
see what the neighborhood was up to and the neighbor,
an Asian man, about eighty, was pissing on his rose bush --
I’m told the ritual brings forth beautiful roses,
something about the acidic piss (I just think he’s senile)
and the neighbor across the street,
tossed cow shit on the lawn and with a little spreader
was walking grass seed over brown patches
and the woman next door to him, took out yesterday’s Chinese food,
those white containers a dead giveaway and her ass
was looking pretty good considering the time of day, not squeezed
into the Levi’s but loose, nice in paisley pajama bottoms
and to the right of her, another zombie walked the pooch, carrying a see through zip lock bag,
ready to grab the warm load of a dog, with no shame.

I sprinkled some flakes into the gold fish bowl, so easy, I thought,
no leash, de-wormer, grooming, fleas, Alpo stuck to the soup spoon,
no humping the mailman’s leg.

I looked at the clock, time to shave and head to work.
So far, it’s a pretty good day.

Edward Rochester Esq.