From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Master(bators) of the Air." Some cold facts
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:27:16 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:27 UTC

On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 16:55:37 -0800 (PST)
Rich <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Rack 'em up, knock 'em down." Uh huh. Air crews lost 51% of their
> people during WW2. Others got shot down, some were captured, only
> 24% of people in air combat had no incidents. They actually going to
> SHOW this kind of attrition rate in the TV series? As for specifics,
> tail gunners lasted about 6-8 weeks. They going to replace HALF the
> combat CAST every 8 eps???
>
> https://whttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt2640044/externalreviews/?ref_=tt_ov_rtww.imdb.com/title/tt2640044/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_6_nm_2_q_masters%2520of%2520the%2520air

I read the book the series is based on. The author is more than aware
of the loss rates for aircraft and their crews and explores this. He
also explains that the bombing campaign wasn't nearly as effective as
people were led to believe because the Germans were very successful at
getting bombed factories and infrastructure back up and running in
short order almost until the very end of the war. Whether that
translates to the screen is anyone's guess but if it doesn't it's not
the book author's fault.

--
Rhino

Re: "Master(bators) of the Air." Some cold facts

<fl48uit7g5iesuq0cph92pamdsrf2ju044@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217739&group=rec.arts.tv#217739

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 22:03:50 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 06:03 UTC

On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:27:16 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I read the book the series is based on. The author is more than aware
>of the loss rates for aircraft and their crews and explores this. He
>also explains that the bombing campaign wasn't nearly as effective as
>people were led to believe because the Germans were very successful at
>getting bombed factories and infrastructure back up and running in
>short order almost until the very end of the war. Whether that
>translates to the screen is anyone's guess but if it doesn't it's not
>the book author's fault.

Yeah at least they didn't have that "problem" with Hogan's Heroes.....