To err is human, to purr feline. To err is human, two curs canine. To err is human, to moo bovine.

arts / rec.arts.tv / McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

SubjectAuthor
* McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseBTR1701
+* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseUbiquitous
|`* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseRhino
| +* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheesedanny burstein
| |+* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseRhino
| ||+- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseBTR1701
| ||`- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseUbiquitous
| |`- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseYour Name
| `* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheeseanim8rfsk
|  +* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheeseshawn
|  |+- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseAdam H. Kerman
|  |`- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheeseanim8rfsk
|  `* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseThe Horny Goat
|   `- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseUbiquitous
`* Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheeseshawn
 `- Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant CheeseThe Horny Goat

1
McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<j96dnZWKMP3PpVj4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215812&group=rec.arts.tv#215812

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 20:23:46 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 20:23 UTC

If you're so allergic to cheese that one bite can send you to the hospital
near death, maybe you should do a little of your own due diligence and, oh, I
don't know, LOOK INSIDE A HAMBURGER BEFORE TAKING A BIG OL' HONKIN' BITE OUT
OF IT.

--------------------------------

https://nypost.com/2024/02/05/metro/nyc-mcdonalds-customer-sues-over-cheese-allegedly-placed-on-big-mac/?dicbo=v2-nFux4GF

A Rockland County man with a severe milk allergy is suing a New York City
McDonald's-- claiming he almost died after eating a Big Mac that contained an
errant slice of cheese.

Charles Olsen suffered an anaphylaxis reaction soon after he took a bite out
of the famed McDonald's burger in February 2021, according to a lawsuit filed
Friday in state Supreme Court.

Olsen, 28, ordered the Big Mac over food delivery app DoorDash, but requested
"NO American cheese" be placed between the buns and patties, according to a
screenshot of the order attached to the lawsuit. But when the burger from the
McDonald's located at 335 8th Avenue arrived, he took a few bites and
"immediately felt like something wasn't right," the lawsuit states.

"His throat began to itch and swell," the suit claims. "He felt a burning
sensation throughout his body. He looked at his girlfriend, Alexandra, and
coughed 'there’s milk in this!'"

With his body covered in hives and laboring to breathe, his horrified
girlfriend rushed him to the hospital where Olsen was admitted for
anaphylaxis. He almost needed intubation to survive, according to the
lawsuit.

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<uq3e4l$24d03$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215815&group=rec.arts.tv#215815

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 20:38 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>If you're so allergic to cheese that one bite can send you to the hospital
>near death, maybe you should do a little of your own due diligence and, oh,
>I don't know, LOOK INSIDE A HAMBURGER BEFORE TAKING A BIG OL' HONKIN' BITE
>OUT OF IT.

Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic to cheese,
I am not sure one could call what they put on their burgers "cheese".

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<20240208161243.00003d0e@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215818&group=rec.arts.tv#215818

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 16:12:43 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:12 UTC

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>
> >If you're so allergic to cheese that one bite can send you to the
> >hospital near death, maybe you should do a little of your own due
> >diligence and, oh, I don't know, LOOK INSIDE A HAMBURGER BEFORE
> >TAKING A BIG OL' HONKIN' BITE OUT OF IT.
>
> Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic to
> cheese, I am not sure one could call what they put on their burgers
> "cheese".

I feel sure anim will be able to assure you that some food allergies
really ARE that bad given how bad HIS allergies are....

--
Rhino

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<uq3ggv$p76$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215821&group=rec.arts.tv#215821

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:19:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:19 UTC

>On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

[snip]

>> Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic to
>> cheese, I am not sure one could call what they put on their burgers
>> "cheese".

Having made EMS calls to people with critical
anaphylactic reactions [a], as in airways closing
up and ten minutes later, without us getting
there, they'd be dead, let me simply say you're
wrongity wrong.

(Lots of not quite that serious ones, too.)

[a] the patients I worked on while biting my
fingernails were exposed to nuts, not cheese,
but the concept is the same.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<20240208164130.00000bce@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215831&group=rec.arts.tv#215831

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 16:41:30 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:41 UTC

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:19:27 -0000 (UTC)
danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> >On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
> >Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >> Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic
> >> to cheese, I am not sure one could call what they put on their
> >> burgers "cheese".
>
> Having made EMS calls to people with critical
> anaphylactic reactions [a], as in airways closing
> up and ten minutes later, without us getting
> there, they'd be dead, let me simply say you're
> wrongity wrong.
>
> (Lots of not quite that serious ones, too.)
>
> [a] the patients I worked on while biting my
> fingernails were exposed to nuts, not cheese,
> but the concept is the same.

Why did you reply to me when it is BTR that you are disagreeing with?

--
Rhino

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<5jiasippelvofhkmb09ftupkuclnm1bei4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215832&group=rec.arts.tv#215832

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 16:43:24 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:43 UTC

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 20:23:46 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>If you're so allergic to cheese that one bite can send you to the hospital
>near death, maybe you should do a little of your own due diligence and, oh, I
>don't know, LOOK INSIDE A HAMBURGER BEFORE TAKING A BIG OL' HONKIN' BITE OUT
>OF IT.

Agreed. It's a well known fact that fast food places can and do get
the orders wrong. It doesn't happen often but over the years I've had
it happen a couple of times where I placed an order and got the wrong
order. Also if the person is highly allergic to cheese I would think
there would be enough cross contamination to put his health at risk in
a place like McDonalds when ordering any food cooked on the grill.

>--------------------------------
>
>https://nypost.com/2024/02/05/metro/nyc-mcdonalds-customer-sues-over-cheese-allegedly-placed-on-big-mac/?dicbo=v2-nFux4GF
>
>A Rockland County man with a severe milk allergy is suing a New York City
>McDonald's-- claiming he almost died after eating a Big Mac that contained an
>errant slice of cheese.
>
>Charles Olsen suffered an anaphylaxis reaction soon after he took a bite out
>of the famed McDonald's burger in February 2021, according to a lawsuit filed
>Friday in state Supreme Court.
>
>Olsen, 28, ordered the Big Mac over food delivery app DoorDash, but requested
>"NO American cheese" be placed between the buns and patties, according to a
>screenshot of the order attached to the lawsuit. But when the burger from the
>McDonald's located at 335 8th Avenue arrived, he took a few bites and
>"immediately felt like something wasn't right," the lawsuit states.
>
>"His throat began to itch and swell," the suit claims. "He felt a burning
>sensation throughout his body. He looked at his girlfriend, Alexandra, and
>coughed 'there’s milk in this!'"
>
>With his body covered in hives and laboring to breathe, his horrified
>girlfriend rushed him to the hospital where Olsen was admitted for
>anaphylaxis. He almost needed intubation to survive, according to the
>lawsuit.

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<uq3isu$256ku$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215834&group=rec.arts.tv#215834

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 10:59:59 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:59 UTC

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

[snip]
> Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic to
> cheese, I am not sure one could call what they put on their burgers
> "cheese".

Maybe they're just allergic to plastic "cheese" rather than real cheese. ;-)

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<1622301245.729121209.346441.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215837&group=rec.arts.tv#215837

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 15:03:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:03 UTC

> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> If you're so allergic to cheese that one bite can send you to the
>>> hospital near death, maybe you should do a little of your own due
>>> diligence and, oh, I don't know, LOOK INSIDE A HAMBURGER BEFORE
>>> TAKING A BIG OL' HONKIN' BITE OUT OF IT.
>>
>> Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic to
>> cheese, I am not sure one could call what they put on their burgers
>> "cheese".
>>
> I feel sure anim will be able to assure you that some food allergies
> really ARE that bad given how bad HIS allergies are....

Well, it was just a week or two ago we had Jimmy Carter‘s latest murder
victim, that girl dancer who took one little bite of a cookie and was dead
before they could get help for her.

That said I don’t know who the hell would spend $20 in fees to get a big
Mac delivered. But then I’ve never understood the almost unnatural love
people seem to have for McDonald’s. (I just checked. If I ordered a big
Mac which comes with cheese or you can get extra cheese for another $.80
right now, it would cost me $19.11.)

Also, “they almost had to intubate him“ means “they didn’t have to intubate
him” which makes me wonder what they did do. You would think his press
releases would mention what treatment he did receive, not what treatment he
didn’t. If he had that serious a milk allergy, he should have been
carrying an EpiPen.

As to what’s in a McDonald’s cheese slice:

Processed Cheese Slice
Ingredients: Cheese (milk, modified milk ingredients, salt, bacterial
culture, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, lipase, annatto), Modified
milk ingredients, Water, Sodium citrate, Salt, Citric acid, Beta-carotene,
Paprika, Soy lecithin.
Contains: Soy, Milk.

Lettuce, not forget the case of Jaden Pinkett Smith – Fish, who took one
taste of a cheese pancake named the cheese pancake, and actually died. Just
ask him. He says it was an assassination attempt, that they don’t
ordinarily put cheese in the cheese pancake, but they spiked it just to get
him.

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<l5kasihnhp2odm142v6ah1et06h32n29qk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215838&group=rec.arts.tv#215838

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 17:13:56 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:13 UTC

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 15:03:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Besides the fact that I am skeptical that anyone is that allergic to
>>> cheese, I am not sure one could call what they put on their burgers
>>> "cheese".
>>>
>> I feel sure anim will be able to assure you that some food allergies
>> really ARE that bad given how bad HIS allergies are....
>>

>Well, it was just a week or two ago we had Jimmy Carter‘s latest murder
>victim, that girl dancer who took one little bite of a cookie and was dead
>before they could get help for her.
>
>That said I don’t know who the hell would spend $20 in fees to get a big
>Mac delivered. But then I’ve never understood the almost unnatural love
>people seem to have for McDonald’s. (I just checked. If I ordered a big
>Mac which comes with cheese or you can get extra cheese for another $.80
>right now, it would cost me $19.11.)

My neighbor has done that. I've seen a few times where she had
breakfast delivered from Mickey D's. Yes, she spent the money to get
breakfast for just herself from McDonald's. I don't understand it but
she's young and apparently foolish with her money.

>Also, “they almost had to intubate him“ means “they didn’t have to intubate
>him” which makes me wonder what they did do. You would think his press
>releases would mention what treatment he did receive, not what treatment he
>didn’t. If he had that serious a milk allergy, he should have been
>carrying an EpiPen.
>
>As to what’s in a McDonald’s cheese slice:
>
>Processed Cheese Slice
>Ingredients: Cheese (milk, modified milk ingredients, salt, bacterial
>culture, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, lipase, annatto), Modified
>milk ingredients, Water, Sodium citrate, Salt, Citric acid, Beta-carotene,
>Paprika, Soy lecithin.
>Contains: Soy, Milk.

The soy is a bit of a surprise but the rest is normal. Under 50%
cheese, which is why it is called processed cheese, sodium citrate and
citric acid to make it easier to emulsify and combine the cheese and
water. Then the Beta-carotene to help give the yellow color.
Presumably salt and paprika to help with the taste. Leaving only the
soy lecithin as an ingredient that I'm not sure why they added it.
Maybe it helps with the texture of the final product?

>Lettuce, not forget the case of Jaden Pinkett Smith – Fish, who took one
>taste of a cheese pancake named the cheese pancake, and actually died. Just
>ask him. He says it was an assassination attempt, that they don’t
>ordinarily put cheese in the cheese pancake, but they spiked it just to get
>him.

lol. What did he think they put in the cheese pancake normally if not
cheese?

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<1OKdnc6bxIdWz1j4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215840&group=rec.arts.tv#215840

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:16:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:16 UTC

On Feb 8, 2024 at 1:41:30 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 21:19:27 -0000 (UTC)
> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> >On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 15:38:44 -0500
>> >Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]

>> Having made EMS calls to people with critical
>> anaphylactic reactions [a], as in airways closing
>> up and ten minutes later, without us getting
>> there, they'd be dead, let me simply say you're
>> wrongity wrong.
>>
>> (Lots of not quite that serious ones, too.)
>>
>> [a] the patients I worked on while biting my
>> fingernails were exposed to nuts, not cheese,
>> but the concept is the same.
>>

> Why did you reply to me when it is BTR that you are disagreeing with?

No, that was Ubi that said that, not me.

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<uq3n4d$2689h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215855&group=rec.arts.tv#215855

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 23:12:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 23:12 UTC

>Thu, 8 Feb 2024 15:03:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>:

>>. . .

>>As to what's in a McDonald’s cheese slice:

>>Processed Cheese Slice
>>Ingredients: Cheese (milk, modified milk ingredients, salt, bacterial
>>culture, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, lipase, annatto), Modified
>>milk ingredients, Water, Sodium citrate, Salt, Citric acid, Beta-carotene,
>>Paprika, Soy lecithin.
>>Contains: Soy, Milk.

>The soy is a bit of a surprise but the rest is normal.

Soy lecithin is also an emulsifier and quite common when there's a
substitute for milkfat.

>Under 50%
>cheese, which is why it is called processed cheese, sodium citrate and
>citric acid to make it easier to emulsify and combine the cheese and
>water. Then the Beta-carotene to help give the yellow color.
>Presumably salt and paprika to help with the taste.

In tiny quantites, paprika is a coloring agent.

>Leaving only the
>soy lecithin as an ingredient that I'm not sure why they added it.
>Maybe it helps with the texture of the final product?

Yes

>>. . .

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<1007609706.729138284.116962.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215919&group=rec.arts.tv#215919

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 07:37:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 14:37 UTC

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 15:03:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I feel sure anim will be able to assure you that some food allergies
>>> really ARE that bad given how bad HIS allergies are....
>>>

>> Well, it was just a week or two ago we had Jimmy Carter‘s latest murder
>> victim, that girl dancer who took one little bite of a cookie and was dead
>> before they could get help for her.
>>
>> That said I don’t know who the hell would spend $20 in fees to get a big
>> Mac delivered. But then I’ve never understood the almost unnatural love
>> people seem to have for McDonald’s. (I just checked. If I ordered a big
>> Mac which comes with cheese or you can get extra cheese for another $.80
>> right now, it would cost me $19.11.)
>
> My neighbor has done that. I've seen a few times where she had
> breakfast delivered from Mickey D's. Yes, she spent the money to get
> breakfast for just herself from McDonald's. I don't understand it but
> she's young and apparently foolish with her money.

When I worked in downtown Phoenix in the business district, we’d see
executives having lunch meetings order food in and they’d order it from
McDonald’s despite there being a variety of restaurants around them from
Wienerschnitzel to an excellent Mexican place to a real restaurant in the
skyscraper next-door.

>> Also, “they almost had to intubate him“ means “they didn’t have to intubate
>> him” which makes me wonder what they did do. You would think his press
>> releases would mention what treatment he did receive, not what treatment he
>> didn’t. If he had that serious a milk allergy, he should have been
>> carrying an EpiPen.
>>
>> As to what’s in a McDonald’s cheese slice:
>>
>> Processed Cheese Slice
>> Ingredients: Cheese (milk, modified milk ingredients, salt, bacterial
>> culture, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, lipase, annatto), Modified
>> milk ingredients, Water, Sodium citrate, Salt, Citric acid, Beta-carotene,
>> Paprika, Soy lecithin.
>> Contains: Soy, Milk.
>
> The soy is a bit of a surprise but the rest is normal. Under 50%
> cheese, which is why it is called processed cheese, sodium citrate and
> citric acid to make it easier to emulsify and combine the cheese and
> water. Then the Beta-carotene to help give the yellow color.
> Presumably salt and paprika to help with the taste.

Could be. I was thinking salt for preservative and paprika to make the
yellow more orange.

Leaving only the
> soy lecithin as an ingredient that I'm not sure why they added it.
> Maybe it helps with the texture of the final product?

Or it might just be a penny cheaper. When you sell 1 billion hamburgers a
day, the pennies add up.

>> Lettuce, not forget the case of Jaden Pinkett Smith – Fish, who took one
>> taste of a cheese pancake named the cheese pancake, and actually died. Just
>> ask him. He says it was an assassination attempt, that they don’t
>> ordinarily put cheese in the cheese pancake, but they spiked it just to get
>> him.
>
> lol. What did he think they put in the cheese pancake normally if not
> cheese?

Objection, your honor, the word “think” assume facts, not in evidence.

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<k5cdsihsv1vbgee151hbh6tmb2s1qifdma@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215962&group=rec.arts.tv#215962

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:12:32 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 23:12 UTC

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 16:43:24 -0500, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>Agreed. It's a well known fact that fast food places can and do get
>the orders wrong. It doesn't happen often but over the years I've had
>it happen a couple of times where I placed an order and got the wrong
>order. Also if the person is highly allergic to cheese I would think
>there would be enough cross contamination to put his health at risk in
>a place like McDonalds when ordering any food cooked on the grill.

I get it all the time with soft drinks - there's a fish + chip place I
frequent where the meal comes with a soft drink and I always order the
"Diet Pepsi" since it's sugar free (and I'm a diabetic).

Usually I notice instantly on first sip but fortunately for me I don't
have the violent sort of reactions the plaintiff in this story had.

With soft drinks of course given the usual dispenser all they have to
do is put the cup in front of the wrong lever.

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<iccdsip1jgnttj972q5b9o66cg7s96gvjk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215963&group=rec.arts.tv#215963

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:16:33 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 23:16 UTC

wrote:

>Lettuce, not forget the case of Jaden Pinkett Smith – Fish, who took one
>taste of a cheese pancake named the cheese pancake, and actually died. Just
>ask him. He says it was an assassination attempt, that they don’t
>ordinarily put cheese in the cheese pancake, but they spiked it just to get
>him.

Surely the first question the attorney for the restaurant asked was
"what exactly did you EXPECT the chief ingredients in a cheese pancake
to be?" with the second question being "why the hell did you think we
were trying to 'assassinate' you as opposed to feeding you?"

Which is why I'm astonished the suit got beyond pre-trial motions (or
what in Canadian jurisprudence is called "examinations for discovery")

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<uqibov$2kv40$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216267&group=rec.arts.tv#216267

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:30 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>> Having made EMS calls to people with critical
>> anaphylactic reactions [a], as in airways closing
>> up and ten minutes later, without us getting
>> there, they'd be dead, let me simply say you're
>> wrongity wrong.
>>
>> (Lots of not quite that serious ones, too.)
>>
>> [a] the patients I worked on while biting my
>> fingernails were exposed to nuts, not cheese,
>> but the concept is the same.
>
> Why did you reply to me when it is BTR that you are disagreeing with?

What?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: McDonald's: Multiu-Million Lawsuit Over Errant Cheese

<uqic06$2kv40$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216268&group=rec.arts.tv#216268

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 04:30:43 -0500

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>Lettuce, not forget the case of Jaden Pinkett Smith – Fish, who took one
>>taste of a cheese pancake named the cheese pancake, and actually died. Just
>>ask him. He says it was an assassination attempt, that they don't
>>ordinarily put cheese in the cheese pancake, but they spiked it just to get
>>him.
>
>Surely the first question the attorney for the restaurant asked was
>"what exactly did you EXPECT the chief ingredients in a cheese pancake
>to be?" with the second question being "why the hell did you think we
>were trying to 'assassinate' you as opposed to feeding you?"
>
>Which is why I'm astonished the suit got beyond pre-trial motions (or
>what in Canadian jurisprudence is called "examinations for discovery")

I don't think there was a lawsuit, just him making a big stink about it.

--
"The sky was low and heavy, like the brow of a retarded child."