Keep it short for pithy sake.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistBTR1701
+* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
|+* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistAdam H. Kerman
||`* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
|| `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistAdam H. Kerman
||  `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
||   `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistAdam H. Kerman
||    `- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
|`* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistBTR1701
| +* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
| |+- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistmoviePig
| |`* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistBTR1701
| | +* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
| | |+* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistBTR1701
| | |`* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistThe Horny Goat
| | | `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
| | |  `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistBTR1701
| | |   +* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistshawn
| | |   |`* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistFPP
| | |   | `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistBTR1701
| | |   |  `- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistFPP
| | |   `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistNoBody
| | |    `- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftistanim8rfsk
| | `- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistFPP
| `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistFPP
|  `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftisttrotsky
|   `* Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistFPP
|    `- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftisttrotsky
`- Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a LeftistFPP

Pages:12
Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<atropos-8F4EA5.19093209022024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215985&group=rec.arts.tv#215985

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist
References: <LNednekOupYlOrn9nZ2dnUU7-NnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <7dt8sitrlf9r5eqcoji2jt9nvu9llos5en@4ax.com> <j96dnZSKMP2spFj4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com> <g0gasitc0da5kd8uj9qjqejsutd9q0lig7@4ax.com> <HL2cnZy0GPgs2Fj4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com> <ctiasil642oljj29lt09an2labcfgmam8v@4ax.com> <ukbdsidk6h6vf1d5699s9o8h55gq7cfm63@4ax.com> <tjcdsid79c00jfj0h1f60l678so0vm9q9h@4ax.com> <atropos-30661F.15310309022024@news.giganews.com> <7pedsi5sk9cmu9gvcjimg8rc8kjvij4ja0@4ax.com> <uq6h8n$2s2ua$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 19:09:32 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 03:09 UTC

In article <uq6h8n$2s2ua$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2/9/24 6:54 PM, shawn wrote:
> > On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:31:03 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> Or that she isn't just defining 'disruptive' as being stubbornly
> >> conservative.
> >
> > If that was the case then I would expect the evidence would show that
> > to be the case. Hopefully Kennedy and the Disney lawyers are smarter
> > than that.
> >
> Ask Ron DeSantis.
>
> "Disney blocks Ron DeSantis' Florida power play with a royal family clause."
>
> > The Walt Disney Co. used a legal clause that name checks King Charles III
> > to apparently thwart Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' attempt to strip the
> > company of its self-governance power in the state.

> > As part of a 30-year development agreement, Disney no longer needs board
> > approval to build high-density projects or buildings of any height and can
> > sell or assign development rights. It also bans the board from using
> > Disney�s name or any of its characters.
>
> > The agreement includes a royal clause that dates back to 1692 in Britain
> > and would extend its term limit for decades.
> >
> > This "Declaration shall continue in effect until 21 years after the death
> > of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of
> > England, living as of the date of this declaration," the document said.
> > This kind of clause is most often used in the U.K., typically when it comes
> > to trusts, and provides a buffer against perpetuities.
>
> Sounds like Gina is going to need a really good lawyer. (Sorry, Thanny...)

You're acting like Disney is so wickedly clever for including a clause
that satisfies the Rule Against Perpetuities. That's Property Law 101.
They literally teach that to 1Ls in law school. Any sale or rental of
property that doesn't contain such a clause is void as against public
policy.

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<uq7qeg$35ssn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215992&group=rec.arts.tv#215992

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 07:33:19 -0500
<7pedsi5sk9cmu9gvcjimg8rc8kjvij4ja0@4ax.com> <uq6h8n$2s2ua$1@dont-email.me>
<atropos-8F4EA5.19093209022024@news.giganews.com>
 by: FPP - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 12:33 UTC

On 2/9/24 10:09 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uq6h8n$2s2ua$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> If that was the case then I would expect the evidence would show that
>>> to be the case. Hopefully Kennedy and the Disney lawyers are smarter
>>> than that.
>>>
>> Ask Ron DeSantis.
>>
>> "Disney blocks Ron DeSantis' Florida power play with a royal family clause."
>>
>>> The Walt Disney Co. used a legal clause that name checks King Charles III
>>> to apparently thwart Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' attempt to strip the
>>> company of its self-governance power in the state.
>
>>> As part of a 30-year development agreement, Disney no longer needs board
>>> approval to build high-density projects or buildings of any height and can
>>> sell or assign development rights. It also bans the board from using
>>> Disneyšs name or any of its characters.
>>
>>> The agreement includes a royal clause that dates back to 1692 in Britain
>>> and would extend its term limit for decades.
>>>
>>> This "Declaration shall continue in effect until 21 years after the death
>>> of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of
>>> England, living as of the date of this declaration," the document said.
>>> This kind of clause is most often used in the U.K., typically when it comes
>>> to trusts, and provides a buffer against perpetuities.
>>
>> Sounds like Gina is going to need a really good lawyer. (Sorry, Thanny...)
>
> You're acting like Disney is so wickedly clever for including a clause
> that satisfies the Rule Against Perpetuities. That's Property Law 101.
> They literally teach that to 1Ls in law school. Any sale or rental of
> property that doesn't contain such a clause is void as against public
> policy.

So you're point is Republicans like DeSantis, who went to Harvard AND
Yale, wasn't as smart a lawyer as a first year law student?

The Republicans got their ass beat by Disney, and you think that makes
your boys look GOOD?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<lhrhsi9vipd1d9e2bmh7653v96l9t0sbeu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216053&group=rec.arts.tv#216053

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 10:57:34 -0500
References: <LNednekOupYlOrn9nZ2dnUU7-NnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <7dt8sitrlf9r5eqcoji2jt9nvu9llos5en@4ax.com> <j96dnZSKMP2spFj4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com> <g0gasitc0da5kd8uj9qjqejsutd9q0lig7@4ax.com> <HL2cnZy0GPgs2Fj4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com> <ctiasil642oljj29lt09an2labcfgmam8v@4ax.com> <ukbdsidk6h6vf1d5699s9o8h55gq7cfm63@4ax.com> <tjcdsid79c00jfj0h1f60l678so0vm9q9h@4ax.com> <atropos-30661F.15310309022024@news.giganews.com>
 by: NoBody - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:57 UTC

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:31:03 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <tjcdsid79c00jfj0h1f60l678so0vm9q9h@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:04:42 -0800, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>> wrote:

>> >That sounds like Disney is "asking" for a lawsuit since one of the key
>> >aspects of employment law (and from what I've heard the main
>> >difference between Canadian and US employment law is that damage
>> >awards to plaintiffs tend to be a lot more generous Stateside) is that
>> >while an employer may or may not be justified in dismissing an
>> >employee the key thing they are NOT allowed to do is make statements
>> >either publicly or privately to prospective new employers that would
>> >harm the former employee's prospects of new employments.
>>
>> Supposedly Kennedy is going to be presenting the facts behind Carano's
>> being let go. If she sticks just to the facts I don't think that is
>> going to violate employment law since Carano has been disparaging the
>> company. So this could be seen as Kennedy just defending herself and
>> Disney with the facts in the case.
>>
>> Of course that assumes that Kennedy actually has verifiable facts that
>> show Carano was being a disruptive force.
>
>Or that she isn't just defining 'disruptive' as being stubbornly
>conservative.

i followed the situation as it unfolded. Disney punished her for not
falling in the liberal line. They then fired her and trashed her
publicly. They will lose big.

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<305389987.729377861.452251.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216068&group=rec.arts.tv#216068

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:43:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 01:43 UTC

NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:31:03 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <tjcdsid79c00jfj0h1f60l678so0vm9q9h@4ax.com>,
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Supposedly Kennedy is going to be presenting the facts behind Carano's
>>> being let go. If she sticks just to the facts I don't think that is
>>> going to violate employment law since Carano has been disparaging the
>>> company. So this could be seen as Kennedy just defending herself and
>>> Disney with the facts in the case.
>>>
>>> Of course that assumes that Kennedy actually has verifiable facts that
>>> show Carano was being a disruptive force.
>>
>> Or that she isn't just defining 'disruptive' as being stubbornly
>> conservative.
>
> i followed the situation as it unfolded. Disney punished her for not
> falling in the liberal line. They then fired her and trashed her
> publicly. They will lose big.

They certainly deserve to.

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<obudnfnpG6V-yFH4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216240&group=rec.arts.tv#216240

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 05:55:47 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 05:55 UTC

On Feb 8, 2024 at 3:04:10 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:15:48 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 8, 2024 at 1:49:55 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It sounds like she's also going to have her public image have more mud
>>> slung at her according to a video I just saw. Apparently Kathleen
>>> Kennedy is pulling together comments from a number of people to make a
>>> video coming out in the next month or two that points out how much
>>> trouble Carano supposedly was. Thereby helping to justify why Disney
>>> got rid of her, but also providing reasons why no one should hire her
>>> going forward.
>>
>> She was *so* much trouble that right up until the moment she
>> tweeted-while-conservative they were planning an entire STAR WARS spin-off
>> show centered solely around her.
>>
>> And Kathleen Kennedy is everything that's wrong with the STAR WARS franchise.
>> The guys at SOUTH PARK got it right: her basic strategy for every show and
>> movie is: "Make a woman the lead and make her gay. (And if there are any
>> legacy characters, especially the male ones, kill them off or make them seem
>> ridiculous.)"
>
> That's not some theory from the South Park guys. It's something she's
> openly stated as focusing on DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) is the
> mantra that all at Disney are expected to follow. So bringing in women
> writers/directors/actors is a desirable thing for her even if the
> people don't know or even like the material they are working from. So
> we get people working on shows/movies based on the comics who never
> read them and don't want to read them so they can "bring a unique
> perspective to the project." That's what has been said multiple times
> by Kennedy and others.

When you're so woke you end up bring back segregation:

https://ibb.co/3dqR9hf

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<uqi6cb$2jusa$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216259&group=rec.arts.tv#216259

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 05:58:19 -0500
 by: FPP - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:58 UTC

On 2/14/24 12:55 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2024 at 3:04:10 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:15:48 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> She was *so* much trouble that right up until the moment she
>>> tweeted-while-conservative they were planning an entire STAR WARS spin-off
>>> show centered solely around her.
>>>
>>> And Kathleen Kennedy is everything that's wrong with the STAR WARS franchise.
>>> The guys at SOUTH PARK got it right: her basic strategy for every show and
>>> movie is: "Make a woman the lead and make her gay. (And if there are any
>>> legacy characters, especially the male ones, kill them off or make them seem
>>> ridiculous.)"
>>
>> That's not some theory from the South Park guys. It's something she's
>> openly stated as focusing on DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) is the
>> mantra that all at Disney are expected to follow. So bringing in women
>> writers/directors/actors is a desirable thing for her even if the
>> people don't know or even like the material they are working from. So
>> we get people working on shows/movies based on the comics who never
>> read them and don't want to read them so they can "bring a unique
>> perspective to the project." That's what has been said multiple times
>> by Kennedy and others.
>
> When you're so woke you end up bring back segregation:
>
> https://ibb.co/3dqR9hf

Guess "Go Woke, Go Broke" ain't working out for you...

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<8UbzN.324767$Wp_8.166177@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216340&group=rec.arts.tv#216340

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:19:31 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 23:19 UTC

On 2/14/24 4:58 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 2/14/24 12:55 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Feb 8, 2024 at 3:04:10 PM PST, "shawn"
>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> That's not some theory from the South Park guys. It's something she's
>>> openly stated as focusing on DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) is the
>>> mantra that all at Disney are expected to follow. So bringing in women
>>> writers/directors/actors is a desirable thing for her even if the
>>> people don't know or even like the material they are working from. So
>>> we get people working on shows/movies based on the comics who never
>>> read them and don't want to read them so they can "bring a unique
>>> perspective to the project." That's what has been said multiple times
>>> by Kennedy and others.
>>
>> When you're so woke you end up bring back segregation:
>>
>> https://ibb.co/3dqR9hf
>>

> Guess "Go Woke, Go Broke" ain't working out for you...

Carano came up with: Choke, and then go broke. But Gina and Ron
DeathSamntis will give Disney their just desserts any day now, just watch.

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<DXbzN.324768$Wp_8.236249@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216341&group=rec.arts.tv#216341

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:23:14 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 23:23 UTC

On 2/8/24 8:49 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 2/8/24 3:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Feb 7, 2024 at 10:41:50 PM PST, "shawn"
>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It wasn't that she was not a Leftist, but that rightly or wrongly she
>>> was seen as saying much more controversial statements.
>>
>> They said the SAME thing.
>>
>>> Such as that
>>> one tweet she made that seemed to be equating the political fighting
>>> to Nazism. Which we all know never goes well since it breaks Godwin's
>>> law (or at least a related law.)
>>
>> And Pascal made the same Nazi comparison.
>>
>>> Though the real problem seems to be that she said such things that
>>> were taken as offensive and when told to stop she didn't. My
>>> understanding is that there was another actress that said similar
>>> things and got into trouble, but when she was told to stop she did and
>>> still kept working. As for Pedro Pascal his comments were not seen as
>>> offensive because his political comments were in support of things
>>> like BLM and LBGTQ.
>>
>> Yes. He's a leftist and said things in support of leftism. She's a
>> conservative and said things in support of conservatism.
>>
>> She was fired. He wasn't.
>>
>> She was fired for not being a leftist.
>>

> Pascal wasn't fired because he's the title character, you moron.

I like saying "titular character" because it sounds vaguely dirty. What
did a Carano play anyway, Grogu's nanny?

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<uql95a$3bra8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216404&group=rec.arts.tv#216404

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:04:09 -0500
 by: FPP - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:04 UTC

On 2/14/24 6:23 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 2/8/24 8:49 PM, FPP wrote:
>> On 2/8/24 3:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> On Feb 7, 2024 at 10:41:50 PM PST, "shawn"
>>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>

>>> They said the SAME thing.

>>> And Pascal made the same Nazi comparison.

>>> Yes. He's a leftist and said things in support of leftism. She's a
>>> conservative and said things in support of conservatism.
>>>
>>> She was fired. He wasn't.
>>>
>>> She was fired for not being a leftist.
>>>

>> Pascal wasn't fired because he's the title character, you moron.
>>

> I like saying "titular character" because it sounds vaguely dirty.  What
> did a Carano play anyway, Grogu's nanny?

Technically, eponymous. She played a former Alliance Shock Trooper/
Republic Marshal.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<uqlkug$3ds9f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216422&group=rec.arts.tv#216422

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:25:19 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 18:25 UTC

"trotsky" wrote:
> On 2/14/24 12:55 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> That's not some theory from the South Park guys. It's something she's
>>> openly stated as focusing on DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) is the
>>> mantra that all at Disney are expected to follow. So bringing in women
>>> writers/directors/actors is a desirable thing for her even if the
>>> people don't know or even like the material they are working from. So
>>> we get people working on shows/movies based on the comics who never
>>> read them and don't want to read them so they can "bring a unique
>>> perspective to the project." That's what has been said multiple times
>>> by Kennedy and others.
>>
>> When you're so woke you end up bring back segregation:
>>
>> https://ibb.co/3dqR9hf
>
>Guess "Go Woke, Go Broke" ain't working out for you...

Actually, it's working quite well, thank you very much!
Do try to keep up, "trotsky".

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<17b4536ce8798aee$62089$1113819$4cd50660@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216483&group=rec.arts.tv#216483

Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 05:11:25 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:11 UTC

On 2/15/24 9:04 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 2/14/24 6:23 PM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Pascal wasn't fired because he's the title character, you moron.
>>>

>> I like saying "titular character" because it sounds vaguely dirty.
>> What did a Carano play anyway, Grogu's nanny?
>
> Technically, eponymous.  She played a former Alliance Shock Trooper/
> Republic Marshal.

Maybe she'll do a movie with Kevin Sorbo now. "Intentionally Left
Behind" or something like that.

Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist

<q0m1ti1dq5qpao8cfmphet1n5kot8hnkou@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216552&group=rec.arts.tv#216552

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:01:09 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:01 UTC

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:19:31 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>On 2/14/24 4:58 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 2/14/24 12:55 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> On Feb 8, 2024 at 3:04:10 PM PST, "shawn"
>>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>

>>> When you're so woke you end up bring back segregation:
>>>
>>> https://ibb.co/3dqR9hf
>>>

>> Guess "Go Woke, Go Broke" ain't working out for you...
>

>Carano came up with: Choke, and then go broke. But Gina and Ron
>DeathSamntis will give Disney their just desserts any day now, just watch.

Oh Disney is doing a fine job self-destructing on it's own. Adding
Carano to the mix just makes it more entertaining.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Lucasfilm Fires Gina Carano for Not Being a Leftist