From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] The hate for Trudeau grows ever stronger
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:03:54 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 04:03 UTC

They're having a by-election in Bowmanville Ontario to replace the
local MP (Member of Parliament) and the Liberal Party had an event at a
local craft brewery to support their candidate. Justin Trudeau put in
an appearance. That led to a flurry of hateful messages aimed at the
brewery, apparently for hosting the likes of our Prime Minister.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-brewery-slammed-with-negative-reviews-abusive-calls-after-hosting-trudeau-1.6764166

I'm reminded of an old joke from 30 years ago so I've reworked it for
modern times:

One of Putin's oligarch's gives Putin a magic mirror as a gift and
explains that the mirror knows the Truth about everything. Putin
decides to put the mirror to the test and asks it: "Who is the most
hated man in the world?" The mirror answers the question and Putin
looks thoughtful. He says nothing for a few minutes, obviously weighing
the words he has heard, then turns to his closest adviser and asks "So
who is this Justin Trudeau?"

[In the original version of the joke, the recipient of the magic mirror
was Saddam Hussein and the punchline was our then Prime Minister Brian
Mulroney.]

--
Rhino