"Help Mr. Wizard!" -- Tennessee Tuxedo

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Spring Again again

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Spring Again againJordy C.
+- Re: Spring Again againGeorge Dance
+* Re: Spring Again againW.Dockery
|`* Re: Spring Again againJordy C
| +* Re: Spring Again againGeorge Dance
| |`- Re: Spring Again againJordy C
| `- Re: Spring Again againWill Dockery
`- Re: Spring Again againW-Dockery

1
Re: Spring Again again

<8f5ba500-bb30-4eab-a2b7-1801fa3e6f28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215779&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215779

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 10:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Spring Again again
From: holumbu...@gmail.com (Jordy C.)
 by: Jordy C. - Sun, 28 May 2023 17:41 UTC

Hi

Re: Spring Again again

<2688b792-13be-4205-9b36-2cbfc6087ae4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215781&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215781

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 11:53:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Sun, 28 May 2023 18:53 UTC

On Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 1:41:35 PM UTC-4, Jordy C. wrote:

> Hi

Hi, Jordy. This poem went through a few more tweaks before getting written. Here's the final version:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/moKJq_IVGbA/m/TH70Oe2qFA4J?hl=en

Re: Spring Again again

<ceec2e7f4f689017b6047f31fff043c5@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215813&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215813

Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 21:38:27 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <4861de20-fcac-4b31-8aeb-de6a8d6af97d@g30g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> <495d712d-aa4e-4331-bea1-3796782bb300@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com> <477a30ed-7ee5-4a61-a488-ac5eb47a780e@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com> <aa2298cc-3fc1-4ab2-8242-7e4b6b9dc3ee@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com> <474CFEF3.501@skypoint.com> <38fbbe7c-014f-452a-99b2-e09819b6609b@o42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> <474E43AA.10403@skypoint.com> <8f5ba500-bb30-4eab-a2b7-1801fa3e6f28n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 28 May 2023 21:38 UTC

Good find.

Re: Spring Again again

<5c6ff2a4-2862-4ee7-8efe-60b377e830e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215815&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215815

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 14:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: jdchase...@gmail.com (Jordy C)
 by: Jordy C - Sun, 28 May 2023 21:57 UTC

On Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 5:40:16 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Jordy C. wrote:

> >> Well, you do call it a "revision" - which is six of one, half a dozen of
> >> the other... Obvioulsy I can't judge what I haven't seen. But I've
> >> watched you approach all the critiquing here, and seen your response to
> >> it, and - frankly - it's a pretty vapid display: after all that noise,
> >> you chose to re-present the poem with only one word changed. If you
> >> can't do anything with it, you can't do anything with it...but to
> >> present something as a "revision" with only one word changed, and to
> >> then expect some new comments is - well - sort of dumb.

> >> So? Some deaths are necessary, even merciful. And actually, one can
> >> radically sculpt a poem without starting a new one (in effect). It is
> >> admittedlydifficult in this case, because the material you have to work
> >> with is so deficient, so tossing that ugly baby under the carriage
> >> wheels is actually the best course available.
> >> Spring Is Maureen
> >> Spring is Maureen.
> >> Thank God for that" (so to apeak)...
> >> Her beams are frozen
> >> In dear dread
> >> And I am dead
> >> To our unbereaved.
> >> Yet, I am not prey to her polished body,
> >> After each crush of each thought,
> >> I cannot force her vein,
> >> And enter a bruised sunroom,
> >> Because each sunset is survived
> >> By love unwon,
> >> And an absence we are driven to wake in,
> >> Lost up a garden path.
> >> Today is not mine,
> >> Its grass and trees,
> >> Our smallest green dial,
> >> Their distant starts of roses...
> >> Smudged into smoke by haste...
> >> Spring is Maureen.
> >> Thank God for that" (so to apeak)...
> >> No great deal, but you see - as long as there are words in a thing,
> >> something better (if less overtly "meaningful") can be rooted from it.
> >> This is why your so-called revision (and all the timid reworkings
> >> previous) are so chillingly disappointing, so redolent of linguistic
> >> cowardice and delusion...

> >> A minor quibble with a useful metaphor...and - like all analogies - it
> >> must fall apart if pushed too hard. It was addressed precisely to your
> >> (seeming) inability to take the knife to what is essentially a grotesque
> >> growth, which actually hides beauty more than it dares to revel in.
> >> Well - it is no good. You might be enamored of the machine you built,
> >> but it doesn't work, and you might stop re-presenting it...

> >> Well - yeah...Unless you find it in you to make more than baby steps in
> >> a swamp of odorless mud, you might as well...
> >> dmh
>
> > Hi
> Good find.
Well, it was the fake Jordy that posted, but glad that you and George were nevertheless able to find something positive from this post anyway! 😊👍

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Spring Again again

<e0a9bf35-2f9e-4632-91cb-953aa8977640n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215816&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215816

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 15:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Sun, 28 May 2023 22:18 UTC

<d6f1761b-f2ab-49d8-b847-c8c2b44e25dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215817&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215817

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 15:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: jdchase...@gmail.com (Jordy C)
 by: Jordy C - Sun, 28 May 2023 22:22 UTC

On Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 6:18:43 PM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> On Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 5:57:23 PM UTC-4, Jordy C wrote:

> > > Good find.
> > Well, it was the fake Jordy that posted, but glad that you and George were nevertheless able to find something positive from this post anyway! 😊👍
> This may even be another fake Jordy. Too bad my Thunderbird is down so I can't check the address.
Hi George, , this is me… I know it’s tricky, the trolls are insidious…

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Spring Again again

<2f354958-4757-4914-a56e-cd5c725a1245n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=215823&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#215823

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 17:09:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Mon, 29 May 2023 00:09 UTC

<f77e16c3ee567f0266b18449e9d5c012@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216070&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#216070

Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 18:54:31 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <4861de20-fcac-4b31-8aeb-de6a8d6af97d@g30g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> <495d712d-aa4e-4331-bea1-3796782bb300@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com> <477a30ed-7ee5-4a61-a488-ac5eb47a780e@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com> <aa2298cc-3fc1-4ab2-8242-7e4b6b9dc3ee@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com> <474CFEF3.501@skypoint.com> <38fbbe7c-014f-452a-99b2-e09819b6609b@o42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> <474E43AA.10403@skypoint.com> <8f5ba500-bb30-4eab-a2b7-1801fa3e6f28n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Tue, 30 May 2023 18:54 UTC

Good afternoon, fake Jordy.

Hello to the real Jordy also.