All men have the right to wait in line.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'

SubjectAuthor
* Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'anim8rfsk
`* Re: Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'shawn
 `- Re: Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'Ian J. Ball

1
Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'

<599246544.729967497.817323.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216678&group=rec.arts.tv#216678

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:46:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 16:46 UTC

https://babylonbee.com/cleanArticle/sony-doubles-down-and-announces-madame-morbius

U.S. — The new superhero film Madame Web, from the writers of Morbius, is
shaping up to be a huge box-office disappointment for the studio. According
to early reports, Sony is preparing to double down with the release of
Madame Morbius, which will be fast-tracked for release in Fall 2024.

"Ok, so no one really liked Madame Web, or Morbius for that matter,"
commented Sony CEO Johnathon Sony on a call with investors. "But we can
save this franchise with — get this — Madame Morbius. Trademark pending."

Though Disney owns Marvel Comics, Sony's stranglehold on characters
associated with Spider-Man is as strong as ever — as long as they keep
making movies. According to a report by Variety, they are prepared to mash
together as many unpopular characters as it takes to keep from losing the
film rights altogether.

"Maybe next we'll try a movie with Big Wheel. He's a villain who rides a
giant wheel and his name is Jackson Weele, the movie practically writes
itself. We could call it, uh, Big Wheel: Origins," Sony said. "Trademark
pending."

For now, Sony is content to mash Madame Web and Morbius together. "Can we
combine two mediocre ideas and make it good?" said Henry Goldstein, a movie
producer."I dunno, but we can't lose these rights so, yeah?"

According to sources, an early spec script for Madame Morbius features
Dakota Johnson's character saying, "It's Madame time!" at the start of
every action scene.

Re: Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'

<11l4tihvhjgossrh8i5u6cbb2m408faelf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216696&group=rec.arts.tv#216696

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:03:51 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:03 UTC

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:46:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>https://babylonbee.com/cleanArticle/sony-doubles-down-and-announces-madame-morbius
>

>U.S. — The new superhero film Madame Web, from the writers of Morbius, is
>shaping up to be a huge box-office disappointment for the studio. According
>to early reports, Sony is preparing to double down with the release of
>Madame Morbius, which will be fast-tracked for release in Fall 2024.
>
>"Ok, so no one really liked Madame Web, or Morbius for that matter,"
>commented Sony CEO Johnathon Sony on a call with investors. "But we can
>save this franchise with — get this — Madame Morbius. Trademark pending."

They missed out on the opportunity to name the movie : MADAME MORBIUS:
IT'S MORBIN TIME.

>Though Disney owns Marvel Comics, Sony's stranglehold on characters
>associated with Spider-Man is as strong as ever — as long as they keep
>making movies. According to a report by Variety, they are prepared to mash
>together as many unpopular characters as it takes to keep from losing the
>film rights altogether.
>
>"Maybe next we'll try a movie with Big Wheel. He's a villain who rides a
>giant wheel and his name is Jackson Weele, the movie practically writes
>itself. We could call it, uh, Big Wheel: Origins," Sony said. "Trademark
>pending."
>
>For now, Sony is content to mash Madame Web and Morbius together. "Can we
>combine two mediocre ideas and make it good?" said Henry Goldstein, a movie
>producer."I dunno, but we can't lose these rights so, yeah?"
>
>According to sources, an early spec script for Madame Morbius features
>Dakota Johnson's character saying, "It's Madame time!" at the start of
>every action scene.

Seems like it's more "Mad at me" time.

Re: Sony Doubles Down, Announces 'Madame Morbius'

<uqtn6h$1drgh$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216701&group=rec.arts.tv#216701

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:52:48 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:52 UTC

On 2/18/24 11:03 AM, shawn wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:46:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> https://babylonbee.com/cleanArticle/sony-doubles-down-and-announces-madame-morbius
>>

>> U.S. — The new superhero film Madame Web, from the writers of Morbius, is
>> shaping up to be a huge box-office disappointment for the studio. According
>> to early reports, Sony is preparing to double down with the release of
>> Madame Morbius, which will be fast-tracked for release in Fall 2024.
>>
>> "Ok, so no one really liked Madame Web, or Morbius for that matter,"
>> commented Sony CEO Johnathon Sony on a call with investors. "But we can
>> save this franchise with — get this — Madame Morbius. Trademark pending."
>
> They missed out on the opportunity to name the movie : MADAME MORBIUS:
> IT'S MORBIN TIME.

LOL! That's a good one!