Conceit causes more conversation than wit. -- LaRochefoucauld

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

SubjectAuthor
* Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"Ubiquitous
`* Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As HelBTR1701
 `* Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As HelUbiquitous
  `* Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As HelBTR1701
   +* Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie IsmoviePig
   |`* Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As HelBTR1701
   | +* Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie IsmoviePig
   | |`- Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie IsUbiquitous
   | `- Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Heltrotsky
   +- Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As HelUbiquitous
   `- Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As HelUbiquitous

1
Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<uk84vc$vgk2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210391&group=rec.arts.tv#210391

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 04:30:57 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) praised The Daily Wire�s first-ever feature-length
comedy �Lady Ballers� on Tuesday after the initial release of the film�s
trailer garnered tens of millions of views on social media.

�Lady Ballers,� a DailyWire+ original, is directed by the company�s co-
founder Jeremy Boreing, who also stars in the film alongside Daily Wire
sports show �Crain & Co.� hosts. The movie tells the story of one down-on-
his-luck former high school basketball coach, Rob, who will do anything to
win � which in this case means teaching his team of men radical modern gender
theory and leading them to identify as women in order to brutally dominate
multiple women�s sports.

Cruz appears in the movie alongside other notable conservatives, including
The Daily Wire�s Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, and others.

�Today, Cultural Marxists enforce their ideology through not only the
government, but also through education, journalism, Big Tech, Big Business,
sports, music, and Hollywood,� Cruz said in a statement to The Daily Wire. �I
just wrote a bestselling book, �Unwoke: How to Defeat Cultural Marxism in
America�, to establish the game plan for taking our country back. I am proud
to join the Daily Wire and support their effort to break through Hollywood�s
woke toxicity and expose the comedic irony of Leftist ideology.�

Cruz said that �leftist radicals are trying to permanently destroy women�s
sports,� adding that it is �so outrageous it�s almost comedic that the
radical left is allowing men to dress as women and then dominate women�s
sports.�

�They�re so out of control, the regular news headlines are starting to read
as if they were written by the Babylon Bee,� he continued. �I was proud to
appear in the Daily Wire�s new comedy that will call out the leftists
destroying women�s sports and taking opportunities away from female athletes.
Oh yeah, and the movie is funny as hell too!�

Though largely kept under wraps until now, the movie already had its fair
share of controversy during filming in Nashville, with protestors rallying on
location, bullying and harassing cast and crew as they arrived on set, and
successfully pressuring one contracted filming location to cancel. But the
cast and crew were undeterred and successfully wrapped filming in early July,
and the movie will premiere Wednesday, November 29, at a red carpet event in
Nashville. �Lady Ballers� will be available to DailyWire+ members beginning
Friday, December 1, at 8 p.m. ET.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<atropos-5BD8AC.13105429112023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210397&group=rec.arts.tv#210397

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:10:54 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:10 UTC

In article <uk84vc$vgk2$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) praised The Daily Wire's first-ever feature-length
> comedy LADY BALLERS on Tuesday after the initial release of the film's
> trailer garnered tens of millions of views on social media.
>
> LADY BALLERS, a DailyWire+ original, is directed by the company's co-
> founder Jeremy Boreing, who also stars in the film alongside Daily Wire
> sports show CRAIN & CO. hosts. The movie tells the story of one down-on-
> his-luck former high school basketball coach, Rob, who will do anything to
> win-- which in this case means teaching his team of men radical modern gender
> theory and leading them to identify as women in order to brutally dominate
> multiple women's sports.
>
> Cruz appears in the movie alongside other notable conservatives, including
> The Daily Wire's Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, and others.

And the cutest conservative commentator on earth, Brett Cooper!

> "Today, Cultural Marxists enforce their ideology through not only the
> government, but also through education, journalism, Big Tech, Big Business,
> sports, music, and Hollywood," Cruz said in a statement to The Daily Wire.
> "I just wrote a bestselling book, 'Unwoke: How to Defeat Cultural Marxism in
> America', to establish the game plan for taking our country back. I am proud
> to join the Daily Wire and support their effort to break through Hollywood's
> woke toxicity and expose the comedic irony of Leftist ideology."
>
> Cruz said that "leftist radicals are trying to permanently destroy women's
> sports," adding that it is "so outrageous it's almost comedic that the
> radical left is allowing men to dress as women and then dominate women's
> sports."
>
> "They're so out of control, the regular news headlines are starting to read
> as if they were written by the Babylon Bee," he continued. "I was proud to
> appear in the Daily Wire's new comedy that will call out the leftists
> destroying women's sports and taking opportunities away from female athletes.
> Oh yeah, and the movie is funny as hell too!"
>
> Though largely kept under wraps until now, the movie already had its fair
> share of controversy during filming in Nashville, with protestors rallying on
> location, bullying and harassing cast and crew as they arrived on set, and
> successfully pressuring one contracted filming location to cancel. But the
> cast and crew were undeterred and successfully wrapped filming in early July,
> and the movie will premiere Wednesday, November 29, at a red carpet event in
> Nashville. LADY BALLERS will be available to DailyWire+ members beginning
> Friday, December 1, at 8 p.m. ET.

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<ukd957$1viii$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210530&group=rec.arts.tv#210530

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 13:37:27 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 18:37 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) praised The Daily Wire's first-ever feature-length
>> comedy LADY BALLERS on Tuesday after the initial release of the film's
>> trailer garnered tens of millions of views on social media.
>>
>> LADY BALLERS, a DailyWire+ original, is directed by the company's co-
>> founder Jeremy Boreing, who also stars in the film alongside Daily Wire
>> sports show CRAIN & CO. hosts. The movie tells the story of one down-on-
>> his-luck former high school basketball coach, Rob, who will do anything to
>> win-- which in this case means teaching his team of men radical modern
>> gender theory and leading them to identify as women in order to brutally
>> dominate multiple women's sports.
>>
>> Cruz appears in the movie alongside other notable conservatives, including
>> The Daily Wire's Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, and others.
>
>And the cutest conservative commentator on earth, Brett Cooper!

Did you hear about how upset Americia's thirstiest faix-tranny was upset
by a scene in this movie and made it Tik Tok video about it?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<atropos-9BB9B6.12131101122023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210539&group=rec.arts.tv#210539

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 12:13:11 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 20:13 UTC

In article <ukd957$1viii$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> atropos@mac.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >> Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) praised The Daily Wire's first-ever feature-length
> >> comedy LADY BALLERS on Tuesday after the initial release of the film's
> >> trailer garnered tens of millions of views on social media.
> >>
> >> LADY BALLERS, a DailyWire+ original, is directed by the company's co-
> >> founder Jeremy Boreing, who also stars in the film alongside Daily Wire
> >> sports show CRAIN & CO. hosts. The movie tells the story of one down-on-
> >> his-luck former high school basketball coach, Rob, who will do anything to
> >> win-- which in this case means teaching his team of men radical modern
> >> gender theory and leading them to identify as women in order to brutally
> >> dominate multiple women's sports.
> >>
> >> Cruz appears in the movie alongside other notable conservatives, including
> >> The Daily Wire's Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, and others.
> >
> >And the cutest conservative commentator on earth, Brett Cooper!
>
> Did you hear about how upset Americia's thirstiest faix-tranny was upset
> by a scene in this movie and made it Tik Tok video about it?

I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<2MraN.161412$_Oab.77195@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210544&group=rec.arts.tv#210544

Subject: Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is
Funny As Hell"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 15:56:29 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 20:56 UTC

On 12/1/2023 3:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ukd957$1viii$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>>> And the cutest conservative commentator on earth, Brett Cooper!
>>
>> Did you hear about how upset Americia's thirstiest faix-tranny was upset
>> by a scene in this movie and made it Tik Tok video about it?
>
> I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
> because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.

If it's a feature-length movie, I expect the biggest complaint about it
will be that it's a feature-length movie.

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<e6ycnffu9K1S1_f4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210546&group=rec.arts.tv#210546

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 21:06:23 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 21:06 UTC

On Dec 1, 2023 at 12:56:29 PM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 12/1/2023 3:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <ukd957$1viii$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Did you hear about how upset Americia's thirstiest faix-tranny was upset
>>> by a scene in this movie and made it Tik Tok video about it?
>>
>> I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
>> because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.
>
> If it's a feature-length movie, I expect the biggest complaint about it
> will be that it's a feature-length movie.

You'll almost certainly be wrong. The biggest complaints will be about what it
says, not how long it is.

A mob is not going to show up to the Daily Wire's corporate HQ with signs and
chants about it being too long of a movie.

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<CpsaN.164670$Ee89.66791@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210551&group=rec.arts.tv#210551

Funny As Hell"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 16:40:49 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 21:40 UTC

On 12/1/2023 4:06 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2023 at 12:56:29 PM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/1/2023 3:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
>>> because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.
>>
>> If it's a feature-length movie, I expect the biggest complaint about it
>> will be that it's a feature-length movie.
>
> You'll almost certainly be wrong. The biggest complaints will be about what it
> says, not how long it is.
>
> A mob is not going to show up to the Daily Wire's corporate HQ with signs and
> chants about it being too long of a movie.

That would be the *loudest* complaint, not the biggest.

Frankly, *I* hope it's hilarious ...not least because when people laugh
at something, there's often some irresistible residue of understanding.
Sadly, it's hard to imagine a more quintessential one-joke premise...

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<Ukd957$1viii$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210581&group=rec.arts.tv#210581

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 20:56:00 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 01:56 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>>>And the cutest conservative commentator on earth, Brett Cooper!
>>
>> Did you hear about how upset Americia's thirstiest faix-tranny was upset
>> by a scene in this movie and made it Tik Tok video about it?
>
>I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
>because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.

It already happened with thirsty performace artist Dylan Mulvaney.
The best part is the scene that is almost identical to one of his
Tik Tok videos!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<Ub84vc$vg19$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210632&group=rec.arts.tv#210632

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 09:35:19 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 14:35 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

> I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
> because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.

Unsurprisingly, leftists are outraged over the release of The Daily Wire�s
first-ever feature-length comedy �Lady Ballers.� The film openly mocks
trans-identifying men competing in women�s sports.

�Lady Ballers� is directed by the company�s co-founder Jeremy Boreing. Daily
Wire sports show �Crain & Co.� hosts also have roles, while there are cameos
by other Daily Wire personalities and celebrities including Ben Shapiro, Matt
Walsh, Ted Cruz, and others to be revealed.

The comedy tells the tale of a former high school basketball coach, Rob
(Boreing), who will do anything to win. Rob turns his bad luck around by
teaching a group of men radical modern gender theory and leading them to
victory by encouraging them to pose as trans and compete against women.

The Young Turks news and commentary program hosts weren�t pleased about the
comedy being released. �It�s about dunking on the trans community. It�s about
triggering the libs,� host Ana Kasparian said. She went on to argue that we
should be having �honest conversation� about men competing in women�s sports.

TYT�s John Iadarola accused The Daily Wire of working for �billionaires� and
making this content �at the behest of the elites of society� with the express
goal of convincing all conservatives to vote for politicians who will
�demonize trans people.�

The political talk show �The Majority Report� also called the movie �anti-
trans.� Podcast host Sam Seder kept asking �why� this is a film, then
answering his own question, saying, �I mean I get it, we could dominate
women�s sports � but why?�

The host said the joke is that nobody cares about women�s basketball, but
that�s why it makes no sense to make fun of men competing against women. �I
gotta say, I�m so triggered by this,� Seder added.

Streamer Hasan Piker, who runs the channel HasanAbi, insisted that this type
of comedy already exists because �Juwanna Man� was made in 2002, completely
missing the point that this form of comedy has been lacking in politically
correct Hollywood for decades. He also mentions �White Chicks,� a comedy from
2004.

He claims the �origins� of those types of films were not meant to be �s***ing
on trans people,� but were rather anti-woman. �It was more sexist, I think,
than transphobic,� Piker said.

�It�s like �Mrs. Doubtfire,� but evil,� Piker said of �Lady Ballers.�

�It�s just like, trans people are secretly faking it, or something,� he adds.
At a later point, Piker accused the film of going beyond transphobia and
actually just mocking �cis women� like a �late 90s bro film.�

He also insinuated that the �Lady Ballers� players would get �f***ing
destroyed� if they were competing against actual WNBA players.

�Lady Ballers� premieres at 8 p.m. ET Friday exclusively on DailyWire+.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<ukpqcm$ooqd$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=210944&group=rec.arts.tv#210944

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Funny As Hell"
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 04:30:45 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:30 UTC

In article <CpsaN.164670$Ee89.66791@fx17.iad>, pwallace@moviepig.com wrote:

>Frankly, *I* hope it's hilarious ...not least because when people laugh
>at something, there's often some irresistible residue of understanding.
>Sadly, it's hard to imagine a more quintessential one-joke premise...

Whooosh!

Irony noted.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ted Cruz Praises The Daily Wire's "Lady Ballers": "The Movie Is Funny As Hell"

<hqtAN.344413$Wp_8.94692@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216705&group=rec.arts.tv#216705

Funny As Hell"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:05:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:05 UTC

On 12/1/23 3:06 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2023 at 12:56:29 PM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/1/2023 3:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I'm sure all of the troons are going to stroke out over this movie
>>> because it exposes their idiocy for what it is.
>>
>> If it's a feature-length movie, I expect the biggest complaint about it
>> will be that it's a feature-length movie.
>
> You'll almost certainly be wrong. The biggest complaints will be about what it
> says, not how long it is.

Wait, are you talking about a movie or your genitalia again?