From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.navy-ncis,rec.arts.tv
Subject: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 03:59:22 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 03:59 UTC

Palmer shows up at Ducky's house, walks in,
and is greeted (friendly..) by the dogs.

He calls out to Ducky but there's no answer.

Finds Ducky in bed... and realizes he's dead.

Cut to... NCIS office, with all of them beginning
to reminisce...

Teenage gal [a] comes in and approaches Palmer, calling
him Dr. Mallard, and a bit pissed he missed a meeting
with her.

Plot: she's the daughter of a Marine who died ten
years ago in Afghanistan, was accused of Unauthorized
Absence ("UA"), found dead of an overdose in a brothel,
given a posthumous dishonorable discharge (or whatever
the technical term would be). Duaghter had reached
out to Ducky who now, 10 years later, isn't so sure..

(that background would be a big spoiler).

So... the crew figures that if Ducky thought the Marine
was innocent, they'll damn well prove it.

No surprise... they eventually do.

There's an envelope with some misc notes
that's postmarked Alaska, hence likely from
Gibbs. But he doesn't appear. There's
also a bouquet of black flowers and, umm,
some figure or another, presumably from
Abby. Again, no appearance.

Nothing from Ziva.

[a] she looked to be in her 20's, but said she
was seven when her dad died 10 years ago...
At the end,

[grit teeth warning]

[grit teeth warning]

one last [grit teeth warning]

at the end... Tony appears. Supposedly just to
show for the funeral, and there's no suggestion
he'll be staying, but... various writeups have
said he's re-joining.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers

<1035298759.730110806.239115.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216822&group=rec.arts.tv#216822

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.navy-ncis
Subject: Re: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 01:52:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 08:52 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> Palmer shows up at Ducky's house, walks in,

I was surprised at the lack of an alarm in a crime ridden place like DC.

> and is greeted (friendly..) by the dogs.

A dog named “Solo“ … nice touch.

> He calls out to Ducky but there's no answer.
>
> Finds Ducky in bed... and realizes he's dead.
>
> Cut to... NCIS office, with all of them beginning
> to reminisce...
>
> Teenage gal [a] comes in and approaches Palmer, calling
> him Dr. Mallard, and a bit pissed he missed a meeting
> with her.

She was escorted to Dr. Mallard‘s office by some sort of NCIS usher. It
seems really odd that somebody showing up asking for ducky would just be
taken back to his office and left there on her own.

> Plot: she's the daughter of a Marine who died ten
> years ago in Afghanistan, was accused of Unauthorized
> Absence ("UA"), found dead of an overdose in a brothel,
> given a posthumous dishonorable discharge (or whatever
> the technical term would be). Duaghter had reached
> out to Ducky who now, 10 years later, isn't so sure..
>
> (that background would be a big spoiler).
>
> So... the crew figures that if Ducky thought the Marine
> was innocent, they'll damn well prove it.
>
> No surprise... they eventually do.
>
> There's an envelope with some misc notes
> that's postmarked Alaska, hence likely from
> Gibbs.

It was a photo of Gibbs, Ducky, and Mc Proby.

But he doesn't appear. There's
> also a bouquet of black flowers and, umm,
> some figure or another, presumably from
> Abby. Again, no appearance.

Oh, good call. Of course the black Goth gift was from Abby.

> Nothing from Ziva.

I can’t remember if the general public is supposed to remember that she is
alive.

> [a] she looked to be in her 20's, but said she
> was seven when her dad died 10 years ago...

And she was applying to colleges which would make her 17.

The actress tries to keep her age a secret, but Mr. Google says she is 20
and will turn 21 April 13 of this year.

> At the end,
>
> [grit teeth warning]
>

> [grit teeth warning]
>

> one last [grit teeth warning]
>

> at the end... Tony appears.

“Autopsy gremlin!“

Supposedly just to
> show for the funeral, and there's no suggestion
> he'll be staying, but... various writeups have
> said he's re-joining.

You know, I knew there was going to be a special guest star, and Tony
tweeted a couple weeks ago, that he had just signed the papers to make an
appearance, and I still didn’t put it together.

Mc Proby wasn’t surprised to see him and there was some dialogue in the
elevator about the movie that they had watched the night before. So
apparently his presence wasn’t a surprise to everybody although it was to
Palmer.

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Re: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers

<ble9ti9n9nsc0bnvmivfdeias2l59nn6mq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216825&group=rec.arts.tv#216825

From: lar...@notmyaddress.com (Larc)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.navy-ncis,rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:57:52 -0500
 by: Larc - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:57 UTC

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 03:59:22 +0000, danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

| at the end... Tony appears. Supposedly just to
| show for the funeral, and there's no suggestion
| he'll be staying, but... various writeups have
| said he's re-joining.

I certainly hope not. Michael Weatherly is clearly past an age to still be
believable as teenish-acting DiNozzo. His performance last night seemed forced, like
trying too hard to recreate a character that's no longer in him.

Larc

Re: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers

<1774304515.730142410.609008.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216841&group=rec.arts.tv#216841

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.navy-ncis
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:47:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 17:47 UTC

Larc <larc@notmyaddress.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 03:59:22 +0000, danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>

> | at the end... Tony appears. Supposedly just to
> | show for the funeral, and there's no suggestion
> | he'll be staying, but... various writeups have
> | said he's re-joining.
>
> I certainly hope not. Michael Weatherly is clearly past an age to still be
> believable as teenish-acting DiNozzo. His performance last night seemed forced, like
> trying too hard to recreate a character that's no longer in him.
>
> Larc

As long as they get rid of FEZ to make room, I don’t care who joins the
show.

Re: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers

<94batipjceal2p2bpvoaljl5fid554oou5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216872&group=rec.arts.tv#216872

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 17:53:12 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:53 UTC

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:47:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Larc <larc@notmyaddress.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 03:59:22 +0000, danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>

>> | at the end... Tony appears. Supposedly just to
>> | show for the funeral, and there's no suggestion
>> | he'll be staying, but... various writeups have
>> | said he's re-joining.
>>
>> I certainly hope not. Michael Weatherly is clearly past an age to still be
>> believable as teenish-acting DiNozzo. His performance last night seemed forced, like
>> trying too hard to recreate a character that's no longer in him.
>>
>> Larc
>>

>As long as they get rid of FEZ to make room, I don’t care who joins the
>show.

I'm not sure where Tony would fit in. It seems unlikely he would be
under McGee, nor would McGee want to step down to let Tony take the
lead role. I also don't see Gary Cole leaving the show so where would
they put Tony if he came back full time?

Re: NCIS's tribute to Ducky. Minor spoilers

<892725825.730174233.045289.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216886&group=rec.arts.tv#216886

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 20:24:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 03:24 UTC

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:47:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Larc <larc@notmyaddress.com> wrote:

>>> I certainly hope not. Michael Weatherly is clearly past an age to still be
>>> believable as teenish-acting DiNozzo. His performance last night seemed forced, like
>>> trying too hard to recreate a character that's no longer in him.
>>>
>>> Larc
>>>

>> As long as they get rid of FEZ to make room, I don’t care who joins the
>> show.
>
> I'm not sure where Tony would fit in. It seems unlikely he would be
> under McGee, nor would McGee want to step down to let Tony take the
> lead role. I also don't see Gary Cole leaving the show so where would
> they put Tony if he came back full time?

He’d replace Nick after Nick’s horrible, painful, excruciating, extended
death