From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.stupidity
Subject: "The View" Host Wants Trump Censored In Potential Debates, Worries Biden Would Lose
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:58:54 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:58 UTC

The hosts of ABC�s �The View� weighed in on what seems to be an increasing
probability that the 2024 presidential election will be a rematch of 2020�s
Donald Trump versus Joe Biden, and what a potential debate between the two
might look like.

As they went around the table during Monday�s broadcast, the cohosts offered
a series of suggestions regarding debates � ranging from cohost Sara Haines
calling for Trump (but not Biden) to be censored in real time to Whoopi
Goldberg wishing that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had kicked
Trump in the crotch during their 2016 matchup.

WATCH:

Whoopi says that when Trump and Hillary Clinton were debating,
Clinton should have kicked him in the nuts: "She should have
kicked her foot backwards and hit him where it hurts."
pic.twitter.com/xxR5n6RXKV

� Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) February 19, 2024

Haines said that she would normally be in favor of debates, arguing that they
are generally �good for democracy� � but she felt like Trump would have be
placed in an isolation booth and fact-checked or outright censored in real
time.

Haines argued that unless the moderators had the ability to cut off the mics
after a certain amount of time or in certain circumstances, Trump would run
away with any debate because �he overtalks, gaslights, and everything else.�

Goldberg responded, saying that she wished Clinton had taken the opportunity
to kick Trump during one of the 2016 debates: �She should have kicked her
foot backwards and hit him where it hurts.�

Cohost Joy Behar admitted that the main concern, particularly after a number
of more recent verbal fumbles on President Biden�s part, that he might not be
up to the task.

Haines admits that Biden has more to lose in a debate because people
know he's not mentally fit:
"Biden can lose, and he can lose in a debate. Trump will not�Biden
makes one mistake and the people that are undecided are out."
pic.twitter.com/4l9OQLybhC

� Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) February 19, 2024

Haines rounded out the discussion by suggesting that, in a debate scenario,
Biden was the one who had the most to lose. She claimed that Trump�s base
would likely vote for him no matter what happened on the debate stage � but
that people who were unsure about Biden would not be convinced if he failed
to deliver a strong performance.

�Biden can lose, and he can lose in a debate. Trump will not � Biden makes
one mistake and the people that are undecided are out,� she said.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "The View" Host Wants Trump Censored In Potential Debates, Worries Biden Would Lose

<kb2ati9tlsbcs6kjq1febhv4qbjs2oa58c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216853&group=rec.arts.tv#216853

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.the-view,alt.stupidity
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 12:27:14 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 20:27 UTC

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:58:54 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>Haines rounded out the discussion by suggesting that, in a debate scenario,
>Biden was the one who had the most to lose. She claimed that Trump’s base
>would likely vote for him no matter what happened on the debate stage — but
>that people who were unsure about Biden would not be convinced if he failed
>to deliver a strong performance.
>
>“Biden can lose, and he can lose in a debate. Trump will not … Biden makes
>one mistake and the people that are undecided are out,” she said.

Presidential debates have gone on for 60+ years and there have been
all kinds of times highly partisan comments were made by one of the
candidates.

Are these people actually suggesting that a candidate should be
interrupted in REAL TIME (or worse, have it flashed on the screen "we
find this statement untrue" without the candidate's knowledge?)

Even if the idea were plausible, why would it not ALSO apply to Biden
(who I would think due to his crappy memory would be more likely to
fail on "fact checking" - which is often partisan driven) as well?

I've seen quite a few presidential debates (including Kennedy - Nixon
though that was several years after the debate given I would have been
4 or 5 at the time of the original) and while the atmosphere is
usually "gloves off" I've never heard outright lies as opposed to
statements made that were definitely slanted towards the candidate in
question.

While I don't like Trump, he's not a complete idiot that would utter a
complete fabrication - if nothing else he knows his foes would jump on
anything like that with both feet if he did. Whereas Biden is far more
likely to get his facts completely wrong either by mis-remembering or
failing to completely understand the point.