Reality always seems harsher in the early morning.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

SubjectAuthor
* Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024Robin Miller
+* Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024anim8rfsk
|`- Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024shawn
`* Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024Adam H. Kerman
 +- Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024anim8rfsk
 `- Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024anim8rfsk

1
Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<l4ad1bF6md9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217402&group=rec.arts.tv#217402

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 22:46:47 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 03:46 UTC

Sorry this is late for today.

--Robin

Previously released:

Indigo (movie) (Netflix, Feb. 26)

In order to rescue her sister from the clutches of a vengeful ghost, a
woman must unlock her latent supernatural abilities and navigate the
metaphysical realms. 2023 Indonesian film; 1hr 57m.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81735367

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27329136/

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (seasons 1-4) (Netflix, Feb. 26)

All eight seasons are available on Peacock.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70281562

Black Rose (movie) (Netflix, Feb. 24)

Ha hires a new caretaker to look after her son, upending the dynamics at
home and forcing the family-owned business to confront unexpected
challenges. 2023 Vietnamese film; 1hr 52m

https://www.netflix.com/title/81691576

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30134418/ [as "Chiem Doat"]

Wednesday, Feb. 28

Streaming:

The Impossible Heir [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

A suspenseful drama that follows the story of the illegitimate and
disowned son of a wealthy politician who plans to take revenge on his
father for his mistreatment by taking over his father's fortune. Korean
series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnGwXa3BrXo

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26693681/

https://www.hulu.com/series/the-impossible-heir-8631e46f-ed0d-4223-a0aa-8c70e2425fbf

American Conspiracy: The Octopus Murders [new; complete limited
series] (3:01 am, Netflix)

The four-part Netflix true crime documentary series centers on Christian
Hansen as he investigates the death of freelance reporter Danny Casolaro
and his belief the Department of Justice created a software program from
stolen technology to spy on allies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcBh4EBudk

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/american-conspiracy-the-octopus-murders/
[score 73]

https://www.netflix.com/title/81168725

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31030101/

Code 8: Part II (movie) (3:01 am, Netlfix)

In this sequel to Code 8, Connor (Robbie Amell) is out of prison and
working as a janitor at a community center, having cut ties with his
former criminal associate Garrett (Stephen Amell). Connor’s attempt at
staying out of trouble is destroyed when he’s forced to help 14-year-old
Pav (Sirena Gulamgaus) escape from a pack of corrupt officers led by
Sergeant King (Alex Mallari Jr.). King uses the newly launched robotic
K9’s to track Pav down, while Connor finds himself once again reaching
out to Garrett and his crew for help, but can he trust the man who
landed him in prison in the first place? From Jeff Chan, who directed
the 2019 original. 1h 40m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omBi2KxEcRk

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14764464/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6259380/ [Code 8; rating 6.1]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5574166/ [10-minute "Code 8" short from
2016]

https://www.netflix.com/title/81480320

The Mire [Rojst] (complete final season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Each venture into Gronty forest sheds new light on old mysteries and
reveals new ones. "The Mire '97" delved into Witold Wanycz's past and
now the final season - "The Mire Millennium" - takes us back to the
1960s. The Manager reveals a side of him that is yet unknown while "the
new face of Polish business" shows up in town. A body is uncovered in
Gronty forest, carrying a mysterious necklace closely connected to key
characters. Polish series; 6 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBXfwexVDw

https://www.netflix.com/title/81221644

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8855592/ [score 7.0]

Iwájú [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Disney+)

Arriving two years after originally planned, this rare Disney animated
series from Africa is a coming-of-age story set in a futuristic version
of Lagos, Nigeria. All six episodes stream today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB5efZKWIrU

https://www.disneyplus.com/series/details/6JDjvH1wULR1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13623772/

Iwájú: A Day Ahead (documentary) (3:01 am, Disney+)

Pan-African founders of entertainment company Kugali made their dream
reality by creating an original animated series with Walt Disney
Animation Studios. This special filmed across three continents shares
their inspirational journey. 1h 11m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31022329/

Love You to Death: For Love or Money (documentary) (3:01 am,
Tubi)

The shooting of a beloved Cleveland firefighter leads detectives to
uncover a shocking plot for money gone very wrong.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31259795/ [stub only]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZgLoTHMmk

Broadcast and cable:

Survivor (season 46 premiere) (8-10 pm, CBS)

We Are Family (season 1 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes,
Fox)

Thursday, Feb. 29

Streaming:

Kids Are Growing Up: A Story About a Kid Named Laroi
(documentary) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

An intimate story of Charlton "The Kid LAROI" Howard, who went from an
unknown musician living in Australia to a teenage global superstar
selling out his hometown arena in three years. Cameras began rolling
before the massive success of STAY and continue as Laroi navigates the
pressures of rapid fame, all while gearing up for his first world tour
and studio album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKP2dS-VR24

Red Queen [Reina Roja] [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)

With an IQ of 242, Antonia Scott (Vicky Luengo) is officially the
smartest person on Earth. Her intelligence earned her the chance to
become the "Red Queen" of a secret and experimental police project, but
what seemed like a gift became a curse and she ended up losing
everything. When the son of a powerful magnate is found grotesquely
murdered in her mansion, and the daughter of the richest man in Spain is
kidnapped, the Red Queen organization is launched. Mentor, Antonia's
former boss, turns to Jon Gutiérrez (Hovik Keuchkerian), a temperamental
Basque police officer about to be kicked out of the force, to reactivate
Antonia. The twisted game of cat and mouse in which Jon and Antonia find
themselves involved during their investigation will also help them
discover that they admire and complement each other almost as much as
they irritate each other. Spanish series; 7 episodes?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20883126/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYIXNAAOdFU

Everything Is Fine [Tout va bien] [new to US; complete season 1]
(12:01 am, Hulu)

An ordinary family faces a catastrophe: the serious illness of one of
its children. Each member of the family sees their personal life
impacted by this ordeal. Disasters make people more human, though not
necessarily better. 2023 French series; 8 episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21913366/ [as "Everything is Well"]

Me, Hereafter [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
Hulu)

A true-crime series told from murder victims' POVs. This genre-bending
docu-drama series features never-before-seen investigative footage,
riveting dramatic scenes and rich interviews with those closest to the
victims. Guided toward the truth by the voices of those tragically
murdered, each of the four episodes is a tick-tock investigation filled
with clues, alibis, motives and misdirects that keeps viewers guessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ9NEcRbC9s

The Parades (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

A mother searches for her missing son after a devastating calamity, only
to realize that she has died and is now confined to a realm of restless
spirits. This is a story told from the perspective of those who have
passed on, about their love for the people they've left behind. The film
embraces inevitable loss as a celebratory parade and will remind you of
your loved ones. Japanese film; 2h 12m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjESIWrsZEU

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31102181/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81639031

A Round of Applause [Kuvvetli Bir Alkis] [new; complete season 1]
(3:01 am, Netflix)

"Struggling with existential angst and longing for his past life in an
orange, a man navigates his quirky family in this decades-spanning
drama." Turkish series; 6 episodes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tssfl4vRJX0

https://www.netflix.com/title/81642156

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31049778/

The Tourist (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Set against the striking backdrop of Ireland, The Tourist season 2 sees
Elliot (Jamie Dornan) and Helen (Danielle Macdonald) confronted by
friends and foes. As they attempt to uncover the secrets of Elliot’s
past, they are soon dragged into a longstanding family feud where they
face the dangerous consequences of his past actions. A raft of new
characters join the cast including Detective Ruairi Slater (Conor
MacNeill), Niamh Cassidy (Olwen Fouéré) and the McDonnell family – Donal
(Diarmaid Murtagh), Orla (Nessa Matthews), Fergal (Mark McKenna), and
Frank (Francis Magee).

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<urp3m3$buim$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217409&group=rec.arts.tv#217409

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 21:11:31 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 05:11 UTC

On 2/28/24 7:46 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Sorry this is late for today.
>
> --Robin
>

>         Wednesday, Feb. 28
>

>     Streaming:
>

> Code 8: Part II        (movie)        (3:01 am, Netlfix)
>
> In this sequel to Code 8,

And I never got around to the original before I dumped The 'Flix!!

> Connor (Robbie Amell) is out of prison and
> working as a janitor at a community center, having cut ties with his
> former criminal associate Garrett (Stephen Amell). Connor’s attempt at
> staying out of trouble is destroyed when he’s forced to help 14-year-old
> Pav (Sirena Gulamgaus) escape from a pack of corrupt officers led by
> Sergeant King (Alex Mallari Jr.). King uses the newly launched robotic
> K9’s to track Pav down, while Connor finds himself once again reaching
> out to Garrett and his crew for help, but can he trust the man who
> landed him in prison in the first place? From Jeff Chan, who directed
> the 2019 original. 1h 40m.
>

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> Survivor        (season 46 premiere)          (8-10 pm, CBS)

No!

>         Thursday, Feb. 29
>

>     Streaming:
>

> Earthquake Underground         (movie)       (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> When a massive earthquake submerges several subway cars underground, a
> group of misfit passengers band together to get to the surface or die
> trying. Stars Houston Rhines, Jenny Tran, Angela Cole, Tim Dorsey,
> Mallorie Clark, Matthew Gademske, Deaton Gabbard, and Pakob Jarernpone.
> Listed on Tubi's press release for February but a trailer has not been
> posted.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29001749/

Oh, boy! The only name I recognize here is Houston Rhines, and if he is
the "lead", then they must have made this for $1.98!!

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> Lonely Crime Fanatic    (movie)     (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Romance sparks when a lonely true crime fan meets her favorite podcast
> host, but things soon turn strange as his fascination with her becomes
> obsession and his newest run of episodes appear to revolve around her
> eventual murder. Stars Brenna Skalski, Ian Reier Michaels, Alexandra
> Ponce, and David Alan Hurt.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/lonely-crime-fanatic
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30788035/

I maybe recognize... two? of these names...? Maybe?!

At least this one seems to "flip the script"... It's a "maybe".

> Elsbeth       [new]          (10 pm, CBS)
>
> Elsbeth Tascioni (Carrie Preston) uses her skills to help NYPD's Captain
> C.W. Wagner (Wendell Pierce) and Officer Kaya Blanke (Carra Patterson)
> investigate cases in this spin-off of The Good Wife. Likely the only new
> CBS scripted series to air in 2023-24 due to the lingering effects of
> the two strikes, this spinoff (in which the setting is moved from
> Chicago) is also from Robert and Michelle King.

Considering everything involved in this one, it's a hard *no*.

>         Friday, March 1
>

>     Streaming:
>

> Napoleon         (movie; streaming premiere)          (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> An epic that details the checkered rise and fall of French Emperor
> Napoleon Bonaparte and his relentless journey to power through the prism
> of his addictive, volatile relationship with his wife, Josephine. Stars
> Joaquin Phoenix and Vanessa Kirby; 2h 38m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13287846/     [rating 6.4]

Damn - I still haven't even gotten to "Oppenheimer" yet, and now this!!(?)!

> [snip]

Gah, Netflix just has crap!

>     Broadcast and cable:
>

> BMF        (season 3 premiere)        (8 pm, Starz)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IEomrNTY8A

Nobody gets...!....

> Totally Funny Animals        (new time slot)          (9 pm, CW)
>
> Moves from 9:30 pm.
>
> Totally Funny Kids        (new time slot)          (9:30 pm, CW)
>
> Moves from 9 pm.

Oh, CW, *you*!!

> (end)

Not a great week - even the LMN Thursday night entry seems weak... :(

Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<urp505$c6tk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217412&group=rec.arts.tv#217412

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 05:33:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 05:33 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Code 8: Part II (movie) (3:01 am, Netlfix)

The Wikipedia article says the original made $157,000 in theaters, then
went to Netflix. What's that, a week?

Do any of the Netflix subscribers like the original?

>Red Queen [Reina Roja] [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)

I swear I've seen this. That plot sure sounds like Luc Besson.

>Elsbeth [new] (10 pm, CBS)

>Elsbeth Tascioni (Carrie Preston) uses her skills to help NYPD's Captain
>C.W. Wagner (Wendell Pierce) and Officer Kaya Blanke (Carra Patterson)
>investigate cases in this spin-off of The Good Wife.

She was annoying on The Good Wife, but used only a few times a season.
As a weekly series? I have no hope. I guess I'll watch it.

>Likely the only new
>CBS scripted series to air in 2023-24 due to the lingering effects of
>the two strikes, this spinoff (in which the setting is moved from
>Chicago) is also from Robert and Michelle King.

The Good Wife was so obviously not filmed in Chicago. There were nearly
no establishment shots of Chicago used. They always should have said it
was New York.

Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<1387951245.730880086.091543.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217418&group=rec.arts.tv#217418

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 23:29:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 06:29 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Code 8: Part II (movie) (3:01 am, Netlfix)
>
> The Wikipedia article says the original made $157,000 in theaters, then
> went to Netflix. What's that, a week?
>
> Do any of the Netflix subscribers like the original?

All three of them are thumbs down

Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<1329201001.730880122.969232.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217419&group=rec.arts.tv#217419

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 23:29:21 -0700

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2/28/24 7:46 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> Sorry this is late for today.
>>
>> --Robin
>>

>>         Wednesday, Feb. 28
>>

>>     Streaming:
>>

>> Code 8: Part II        (movie)        (3:01 am, Netlfix)
>>
>> In this sequel to Code 8,
>
> And I never got around to the original before I dumped The 'Flix!!
>
>> Connor (Robbie Amell) is out of prison and
>> working as a janitor at a community center, having cut ties with his
>> former criminal associate Garrett (Stephen Amell). Connor’s attempt at
>> staying out of trouble is destroyed when he’s forced to help 14-year-old
>> Pav (Sirena Gulamgaus) escape from a pack of corrupt officers led by
>> Sergeant King (Alex Mallari Jr.). King uses the newly launched robotic
>> K9’s to track Pav down, while Connor finds himself once again reaching
>> out to Garrett and his crew for help, but can he trust the man who
>> landed him in prison in the first place? From Jeff Chan, who directed
>> the 2019 original. 1h 40m.
>>

>>     Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Survivor        (season 46 premiere)          (8-10 pm, CBS)
>
> No!

The ads for this are just Jeff screaming at the camera that this is the
most diverse show in the diverse history of the diverse universe.

>>         Thursday, Feb. 29
>>

>>     Streaming:
>>

>> Earthquake Underground         (movie)       (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> When a massive earthquake submerges several subway cars underground, a
>> group of misfit passengers band together to get to the surface or die
>> trying. Stars Houston Rhines, Jenny Tran, Angela Cole, Tim Dorsey,
>> Mallorie Clark, Matthew Gademske, Deaton Gabbard, and Pakob Jarernpone.
>> Listed on Tubi's press release for February but a trailer has not been
>> posted.
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29001749/
>
> Oh, boy! The only name I recognize here is Houston Rhines, and if he is
> the "lead", then they must have made this for $1.98!!
>

>>     Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Lonely Crime Fanatic    (movie)     (8 pm, LMN)
>>
>> Romance sparks when a lonely true crime fan meets her favorite podcast
>> host, but things soon turn strange as his fascination with her becomes
>> obsession and his newest run of episodes appear to revolve around her
>> eventual murder. Stars Brenna Skalski, Ian Reier Michaels, Alexandra
>> Ponce, and David Alan Hurt.
>>
>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/lonely-crime-fanatic
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30788035/
>
> I maybe recognize... two? of these names...? Maybe?!
>
> At least this one seems to "flip the script"... It's a "maybe".
>
>> Elsbeth       [new]          (10 pm, CBS)
>>
>> Elsbeth Tascioni (Carrie Preston) uses her skills to help NYPD's Captain
>> C.W. Wagner (Wendell Pierce) and Officer Kaya Blanke (Carra Patterson)
>> investigate cases in this spin-off of The Good Wife. Likely the only new
>> CBS scripted series to air in 2023-24 due to the lingering effects of
>> the two strikes, this spinoff (in which the setting is moved from
>> Chicago) is also from Robert and Michelle King.
>
> Considering everything involved in this one, it's a hard *no*.
>

>>         Friday, March 1
>>

>>     Streaming:
>>

>> Napoleon         (movie; streaming premiere)          (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> An epic that details the checkered rise and fall of French Emperor
>> Napoleon Bonaparte and his relentless journey to power through the prism
>> of his addictive, volatile relationship with his wife, Josephine. Stars
>> Joaquin Phoenix and Vanessa Kirby; 2h 38m.
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13287846/     [rating 6.4]
>
> Damn - I still haven't even gotten to "Oppenheimer" yet, and now this!!(?)!
>
>> [snip]
>
> Gah, Netflix just has crap!

And nobody has the Netflix!

>>     Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> BMF        (season 3 premiere)        (8 pm, Starz)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IEomrNTY8A
>
> Nobody gets...!....
>
>> Totally Funny Animals        (new time slot)          (9 pm, CW)
>>
>> Moves from 9:30 pm.
>>
>> Totally Funny Kids        (new time slot)          (9:30 pm, CW)
>>
>> Moves from 9 pm.
>
> Oh, CW, *you*!!
>

>> (end)
>
> Not a great week - even the LMN Thursday night entry seems weak... :(

Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<1691160470.730879818.625309.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217421&group=rec.arts.tv#217421

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 23:30:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 06:30 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Code 8: Part II (movie) (3:01 am, Netlfix)
>
> The Wikipedia article says the original made $157,000 in theaters, then
> went to Netflix. What's that, a week?
>
> Do any of the Netflix subscribers like the original?
>
>> Red Queen [Reina Roja] [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> I swear I've seen this. That plot sure sounds like Luc Besson.

The fire stick just started trying to get me to watch it this afternoon.

>> Elsbeth [new] (10 pm, CBS)
>
>> Elsbeth Tascioni (Carrie Preston) uses her skills to help NYPD's Captain
>> C.W. Wagner (Wendell Pierce) and Officer Kaya Blanke (Carra Patterson)
>> investigate cases in this spin-off of The Good Wife.
>
> She was annoying on The Good Wife, but used only a few times a season.
> As a weekly series? I have no hope. I guess I'll watch it.
>
>> Likely the only new
>> CBS scripted series to air in 2023-24 due to the lingering effects of
>> the two strikes, this spinoff (in which the setting is moved from
>> Chicago) is also from Robert and Michelle King.
>
> The Good Wife was so obviously not filmed in Chicago. There were nearly
> no establishment shots of Chicago used. They always should have said it
> was New York.

Re: Selected programming for Feb. 28-March 1, 2024

<uvj0uid03alv475cao704iapie05fi2ev4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217422&group=rec.arts.tv#217422

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 04:37:34 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:37 UTC

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 21:11:31 -0800, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2/28/24 7:46 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> Sorry this is late for today.
>>
>> --Robin
>>

>>         Wednesday, Feb. 28
>>

>>     Streaming:
>>

>> Code 8: Part II        (movie)        (3:01 am, Netlfix)
>>
>> In this sequel to Code 8,
>
>And I never got around to the original before I dumped The 'Flix!!
>
>> Connor (Robbie Amell) is out of prison and
>> working as a janitor at a community center, having cut ties with his
>> former criminal associate Garrett (Stephen Amell). Connor’s attempt at
>> staying out of trouble is destroyed when he’s forced to help 14-year-old
>> Pav (Sirena Gulamgaus) escape from a pack of corrupt officers led by
>> Sergeant King (Alex Mallari Jr.). King uses the newly launched robotic
>> K9’s to track Pav down, while Connor finds himself once again reaching
>> out to Garrett and his crew for help, but can he trust the man who
>> landed him in prison in the first place? From Jeff Chan, who directed
>> the 2019 original. 1h 40m.
>>

>>     Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Survivor        (season 46 premiere)          (8-10 pm, CBS)
>
>No!

Yes! I watched and enjoyed this opener for the season. They seem to
have gotten a good cast for this season.

>> Elsbeth       [new]          (10 pm, CBS)
>>
>> Elsbeth Tascioni (Carrie Preston) uses her skills to help NYPD's Captain
>> C.W. Wagner (Wendell Pierce) and Officer Kaya Blanke (Carra Patterson)
>> investigate cases in this spin-off of The Good Wife. Likely the only new
>> CBS scripted series to air in 2023-24 due to the lingering effects of
>> the two strikes, this spinoff (in which the setting is moved from
>> Chicago) is also from Robert and Michelle King.
>
>Considering everything involved in this one, it's a hard *no*.

I don't know that I would keep watching but I'll at least give the
opener a try.