He who hesitates is last.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

SubjectAuthor
* Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeBTR1701
 `* Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeshawn
  +* Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeYour Name
  |`- Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeshawn
  `* Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeBTR1701
   `* Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeRhino
    `- Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hikeThe Horny Goat

1
Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<urt8ct$1co7m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217571&group=rec.arts.tv#217571

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:56:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:56 UTC

Looks like Greg Flynn, owner of Panera Bread, got an exception specific
to his restaurant chain from the $20 an hour minimum wage in California.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/28/how-panera-bread-ducked-californias-new-20-minimum-wage-law/

Mr. Flynn knows nothink. NOTHINK!

This is a Bloomberg story but generally, there's no easy way to read
stories directly from their Web site.

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<atropos-361F5D.12232901032024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217582&group=rec.arts.tv#217582

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:23:29 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:23 UTC

In article <urt8ct$1co7m$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Looks like Greg Flynn, owner of Panera Bread, got an exception specific
> to his restaurant chain from the $20 an hour minimum wage in California.
>
> https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/28/how-panera-bread-ducked-californias-new
> -20-minimum-wage-law/
>
> Mr. Flynn knows nothink. NOTHINK!

Just like there are only two counties in California that have exemptions
in the law that requires cities to build hundreds of "affordable housing
units". Wanna guess what two counties?

Napa and Marin.

Where Governor HairGel has his business and his residence.

HUUUUUGE coincidence, I'm sure.

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<svf4ui1pc257trsmppmnnsthjcok69thbg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217590&group=rec.arts.tv#217590

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 15:53:04 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:53 UTC

On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:23:29 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <urt8ct$1co7m$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like Greg Flynn, owner of Panera Bread, got an exception specific
>> to his restaurant chain from the $20 an hour minimum wage in California.
>>
>> https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/28/how-panera-bread-ducked-californias-new
>> -20-minimum-wage-law/
>>
>> Mr. Flynn knows nothink. NOTHINK!
>
>Just like there are only two counties in California that have exemptions
>in the law that requires cities to build hundreds of "affordable housing
>units". Wanna guess what two counties?
>
>Napa and Marin.
>
>Where Governor HairGel has his business and his residence.
>
>HUUUUUGE coincidence, I'm sure.

It seems like there would be a public outcry over such exceptions as
there's really no good reason for them.

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<urthhf$1erif$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217605&group=rec.arts.tv#217605

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 10:32:31 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:32 UTC

On 2024-03-01 20:53:04 +0000, shawn said:

> On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:23:29 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <urt8ct$1co7m$1@dont-email.me>,
>> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like Greg Flynn, owner of Panera Bread, got an exception specific
>>> to his restaurant chain from the $20 an hour minimum wage in California.
>>>
>>> https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/28/how-panera-bread-ducked-californias-new
>>> -20-minimum-wage-law/
>>>
>>> Mr. Flynn knows nothink. NOTHINK!
>>
>> Just like there are only two counties in California that have exemptions
>> in the law that requires cities to build hundreds of "affordable housing
>> units". Wanna guess what two counties?
>>
>> Napa and Marin.
>>
>> Where Governor HairGel has his business and his residence.
>>
>> HUUUUUGE coincidence, I'm sure.
>
> It seems like there would be a public outcry over such exceptions as
> there's really no good reason for them.

There's at least one good reason ... the business doesn't need to pay
their staff more, so doesn't need to raise the prices for its customers.

(Note: That says "need to". They will of course raise their prices to
match everyone else anyway, with the extra money going straight into
the management's / owner's pocket.)

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<IsedncbQpcVBzX_4nZ2dnZfqn_a5y52d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217616&group=rec.arts.tv#217616

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 22:04:12 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:04 UTC

On Mar 1, 2024 at 12:53:04 PM PST, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:23:29 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <urt8ct$1co7m$1@dont-email.me>,
>> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like Greg Flynn, owner of Panera Bread, got an exception specific
>>> to his restaurant chain from the $20 an hour minimum wage in California.
>>>

>>> https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/28/how-panera-bread-ducked-californias-new
>>> -20-minimum-wage-law/
>>>
>>> Mr. Flynn knows nothink. NOTHINK!
>>
>> Just like there are only two counties in California that have exemptions
>> in the law that requires cities to build hundreds of "affordable housing
>> units". Wanna guess what two counties?
>>
>> Napa and Marin.
>>
>> Where Governor HairGel has his business and his residence.
>>
>> HUUUUUGE coincidence, I'm sure.
>
> It seems like there would be a public outcry over such exceptions as
> there's really no good reason for them.

But he's so dreamy! Have you *seen* his hair?!?

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<kgu4uilb5pmp2pt6p0f5q3juhnvol66mk5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217634&group=rec.arts.tv#217634

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 20:01:07 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 01:01 UTC

On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 10:32:31 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>On 2024-03-01 20:53:04 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:23:29 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Just like there are only two counties in California that have exemptions
>>> in the law that requires cities to build hundreds of "affordable housing
>>> units". Wanna guess what two counties?
>>>
>>> Napa and Marin.
>>>
>>> Where Governor HairGel has his business and his residence.
>>>
>>> HUUUUUGE coincidence, I'm sure.
>>
>> It seems like there would be a public outcry over such exceptions as
>> there's really no good reason for them.
>
>There's at least one good reason ... the business doesn't need to pay
>their staff more, so doesn't need to raise the prices for its customers.

That's a reason why the businesses wouldn't want it. It's not a reason
why those two counties should have an exception to the law that every
other county is forced to follow.

>(Note: That says "need to". They will of course raise their prices to
>match everyone else anyway, with the extra money going straight into
>the management's / owner's pocket.)

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<20240301200951.00004ac8@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217637&group=rec.arts.tv#217637

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:09:51 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 01:09 UTC

On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 22:04:12 +0000
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2024 at 12:53:04 PM PST, "shawn"
> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:23:29 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> Just like there are only two counties in California that have
> >> exemptions in the law that requires cities to build hundreds of
> >> "affordable housing units". Wanna guess what two counties?
> >>
> >> Napa and Marin.
> >>
> >> Where Governor HairGel has his business and his residence.
> >>
> >> HUUUUUGE coincidence, I'm sure.
> >
> > It seems like there would be a public outcry over such exceptions as
> > there's really no good reason for them.
>
> But he's so dreamy! Have you *seen* his hair?!?

Who would have imagined that nice hair (or sock choices) would get a
lightweight elected to an important political post? I wouldn't have
imagined it possible until 2015. Then Justin Trudeau came along and our
media started gushing about his nice hair and socks and suddenly a major
portion of the country took leave of their senses and elected this
bozo. (And re-elected him twice, although with minority governments.)
They are only now finally sobering up and realizing what a horrific
mistake they made.

Never underestimate the shallowness of voters!

--
Rhino

Re: Panera Bread exception to California minimum wage hike

<kc48uitennt5b5tv77jmfvlh8dplv5n230@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217738&group=rec.arts.tv#217738

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 22:01:06 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 06:01 UTC

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:09:51 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Who would have imagined that nice hair (or sock choices) would get a
>lightweight elected to an important political post? I wouldn't have
>imagined it possible until 2015. Then Justin Trudeau came along and our
>media started gushing about his nice hair and socks and suddenly a major
>portion of the country took leave of their senses and elected this
>bozo. (And re-elected him twice, although with minority governments.)
>They are only now finally sobering up and realizing what a horrific
>mistake they made.
>
>Never underestimate the shallowness of voters!

Indeed - much as I also disliked Justin Trudeau's father back 'in the
day' (for our friends 'his day' was basically mid 60s to early 80s) he
did have a certain intellectual gravitas of a sort that his son
certainly doesn't. (For the record, no one was more shocked than me
when Pierre Trudeau married Margaret Sinclair in my - and her - home
town in a church roughly 3 miles from my home of 30+ years)