From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Variety.com: Best British Crime Dramas
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:11:21 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 00:11 UTC

The "Best British Crime Dramas" according to Variety.com ...

1. Line of Duty
2. Happy Valley
3. Unforgotten
4. The Fall
5. Broadchurch
6. C.B. Strike (aka Strike)
7. Bodyguard
8. The Capture
9. Criminal Record
10. Shetland
11. Vera
12. Vigil
13. Traces
14. Giri/Haji
15. The Tunnel
16. Sherlock
17. River
18. Marcella
19. DCI Banks
20. Inside Man
21. Annika

<https://variety.com/lists/best-british-crime-dramas-detective-police-tv-shows/>

Most of those are pretty good, some go a bit weird and should have
stopped earlier. Some actors appear in more than one of them. There are
a lot of good shows missing from the list though: Silent Witness,
Midsomer Murders, etc.

Re: Variety.com: Best British Crime Dramas

<urtrn4$quph$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217631&group=rec.arts.tv#217631

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Variety.com: Best British Crime Dramas
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 16:26:12 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 00:26 UTC

On 3/1/2024 4:11 PM, Your Name wrote:

> The "Best British Crime Dramas" according to Variety.com ...
>
>   1.  Line of Duty
>   2.  Happy Valley
>   3.  Unforgotten
>   4.  The Fall
>   5.  Broadchurch
>   6.  C.B. Strike  (aka Strike)
>   7.  Bodyguard
>   8.  The Capture
>   9.  Criminal Record
>   10. Shetland
>   11. Vera
>   12. Vigil
>   13. Traces
>   14. Giri/Haji
>   15. The Tunnel
>   16. Sherlock
>   17. River
>   18. Marcella
>   19. DCI Banks
>   20. Inside Man
>   21. Annika
>
> <https://variety.com/lists/best-british-crime-dramas-detective-police-tv-shows/>
>

> Most of those are pretty good, some go a bit weird and should have
> stopped earlier. Some actors appear in more than one of them. There are
> a lot of good shows missing from the list though: Silent Witness,
> Midsomer Murders, etc.

Waking the Dead is another pretty good one. I've seen nearly all of the
ones on the list, will have to check out the ones I haven't.

Re: Variety.com: Best British Crime Dramas

<us0gj9$24uqh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=217718&group=rec.arts.tv#217718

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:34:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:34 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 3/1/2024 4:11 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> The "Best British Crime Dramas" according to Variety.com ...
>>
>>   1.  Line of Duty
>>   2.  Happy Valley
>>   3.  Unforgotten
>>   4.  The Fall
>>   5.  Broadchurch
>>   6.  C.B. Strike  (aka Strike)
>>   7.  Bodyguard
>>   8.  The Capture
>>   9.  Criminal Record
>>   10. Shetland
>>   11. Vera
>>   12. Vigil
>>   13. Traces
>>   14. Giri/Haji
>>   15. The Tunnel
>>   16. Sherlock
>>   17. River
>>   18. Marcella
>>   19. DCI Banks
>>   20. Inside Man
>>   21. Annika
>>

><https://variety.com/lists/best-british-crime-dramas-detective-police-tv-shows/>
>

>> Most of those are pretty good, some go a bit weird and should have
>> stopped earlier. Some actors appear in more than one of them. There are
>> a lot of good shows missing from the list though: Silent Witness,
>> Midsomer Murders, etc.
>>
>Waking the Dead is another pretty good one. I've seen nearly all of the
>ones on the list, will have to check out the ones I haven't.

The Tunnel isn't even British, but an adaptation of the Danish/Swedish
series. I watched Unforgotte and Annika but wouldn't put them on a Best
Of list. Broadchurch? Having watched both the UK and American versions
and noting that it's still designed so that any of the prime suspects
could be the murderer, the audience was lied to and doesn't belong on a
Best Of list either.